The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

Bendis has this odd thing for me where most of the time he's just perfect, but then he'll write something that's either really bad or exceedingly dull and then be back to perfect in another series. Maybe it's that he's not good at covering up when he doesn't care about something.
    That's hilarious and thank goodness they went with his decision. but yeah that last scene and the one with him at the grave feel exactly like something Bendis could have written.

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

They've always been mechanical though. A thing to justify that Peter Parker is a genius. Aside from some weird plot arc that involved Peter becoming more spider and then giving birth to himself. Yeah it was weird. And it was written solely to justify the organic web shooters. A lot of writers apparently like to pretend that never happened anyway. Kind of like the debacle that was One More Day.

I need to stop reading so much tvtropes.

But that's a neat little thing about Bendis.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

About to see Age of Ultron!

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Yep. The story was meant, from what I remember, to make the comics resemble the movie.
    I prefer the "Other" thing (but only because I want Kaine to have that).

Secret Wars: Renew Your Vows. If you haven't heard of it, it's a Secret Wars tie-in with the...timeline being that One More Day never happened.

5. 61 No. B

god i hate this

@Boy Wonder
    have you read all of Ultimate?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  6. Hayabusa Venomous

Lost with everything else? Marvel is destroying DC in live-action film quality (yeah DC had Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but everything else with their big characters has been trash for decades [Watchmen was good but not connected to their main characters' universes])

The game side is just about equal, except (once again) Batman having some of the best hero games ever with the Arkham series (outside of the terribland Origins.)

I actually liked the web shooter thing...until it became an annoying plot device that made Spider-Man USELESS in the first ASM's final battle.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I can't wait til Marvel adapts One More Day to the big screen!

8. Hayabusa Venomous

What I'd love is a great stand-alone film for Psylocke, but that'll never happen.

9. 61 No. B

do you think we'll ever get New Gods on the big screen

I want to see a character named Scott Free in a movie that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Marvel should push a Clone Saga movie for the MCU.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Well...yeah? You're right although "trash" seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, but are you talking about television or just all live-action? Your previous post said television and that's what I was responding, too. Marvel has Agents of SHIELD as it's only ongoing show and then one Netflix show and one mini-series under its belt. It seems weird to compare that to Arrow and Flash, two ongoing shows. Especially since DC has Smallville under its belt, which despite its issues still ran for ten whole years (not counting Season 11 obviously).
    And then with the movies, Marvel has...what, 11 movies out in the MCU currently and DC has one. I don't know, it just seems like comparing apples to oranges. DC has had a lot more luck on the small screen than Marvel even if all their shows haven't all been great, but it's still a better track record than Marvel's, I'd say.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Some brief thoughts on Age of Ultron:

I liked the movie more than I expected to, given what I'd heard. I didn't actually mind the Natasha/Bruce romance, though it did come out of nowhere. The whole "monster" scene between them still made me :/ pretty hard; the scene is worded just ambiguously enough that, regardless of intention, it does make it sound like being sterile is monstrous.

Just waiting on Director Coulson to show up with a shot of GH-325 for Pietro now. He's to cool to keep dead. The Maximoffs are canonically Inhumans in the MCU, so he wouldn't suffer the negative side effects that Coulson, Garrett, and all those others did. also i heard aaron taylor-johnson has a multi-picture deal with marvel anyway so

13. Hayabusa Venomous

You said "everything else" here:

Which I assumed meant "everything that isn't live TV."

Also, I don't ever equate how long something runs with how good it is.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This this this. Big Bang Theory is going on eight years; it's still pretty crappy.

15. 61 No. B

saying that serialized television shows shouldn't exist because a season batch was released to an online paid subscription service is hilariously insane

i mean i realize we're all speaking in hyperbole here but still

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I got a new puppy today. She is so cute~! :3

17. Hayabusa Venomous

This just popped up randomly in my head:

I really, really dislike when people say "Don't you dare call your SO 'bae.'"

Like, fuck, are you that anal that you'd sacrifice your romantic feelings because of a God damn joke? Do you have some sacred rulebook that overrides the emotional ties you've built to a person because they didn't pronounce one letter of an otherwise perfectly acceptable moniker? To me, a tomantic relationship should be one of the least restrictive situations: if your SO can't accept you for a joke, you should look elsewhere.

18. 61 No. B

fairy tail's really stupid now i'm probably gonna stop reading

19. Laurence_Fox Chaser

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Whoops. That's the complete opposite of what I meant lol. Since you were talking about live-action, I meant "everything else on live-action" (which is why I didn't count Smallville Season 11). Which for Marvel...isn't really much, hence why I was disagreeing with the comparison.

Me, neither. But good and successful don't always go hand-in-hand. My point is that Marvel hasn't won the live-action competition in film or TV because it isn't a competition yet. The number of properties that both companies have in either category aren't close enough to think of them competing, in my opinion.
    Not saying that Marvel wouldn't win quality-wise (in a scenario where DC and Marvel has the same amount of properties and each with the quality of their current properties, then yeah, Marvel wins [film-wise, in my opinion]), just that by the time that DC catches up to -what- 11 films, who knows where the creative direction would be, improving or worsening their films. And when they have that many, Marvel will probably have 26 and be in the same scenario. I just think that especially with the headstart Marvel had, you can't compare the two companies.

Now, if it was up to me, I would have kept Green Lantern and spun the DC Cinematic Universe from that film. Sure, it wasn't a great film at all (I mean, I liked it but...ugh), but even Marvel doesn't have a perfect track record. I think DC should have just cut their losses and started then.
    Hell, if it was up to me, I would have turned this into a trilogy of movies

The idea of it, not the combining the actual shows/films

Or a more current one:

I like fan trailers. Like, really like them.