The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Meeeee! Welcome back! :D

2. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Hey Tale! It's been some time. :3

How you've been doing?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Good, good. And you?

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Some ups, some downs, I needed some time to see inside myself, to realize what's black, what's gray and what's white.

But all in all, I'm MUCH better now. :3

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

Yayyy! You and your awesome accent are back~!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Christ my computer has been crashing like crazy lately. It was bad before but it keeps getting worse.

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

I really need to stop wishing in kids shows that the main character (or at least the character that seems to be the one that is meant to be the developed one) will become evil. If there's ever a show catered to kids where the good guy becomes evil and stay evil... I'll be impressed...

...one of you probably already know of one and I'm making myself look like a moron or something.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

If I ever write a children/teenager's television show, this will be the basis of it.

9. Patman Bof

Nothing that comes to mind no, and I' m not sure how that' d make you a moron.
    I' d argue kids shows would be better off not bothering with manichaeism in the first place. That I have examples of. But then maybe that' s what you had in mind ? How about Cat' s Eye ?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  10. 61 No. B

can you imagine being in the theater when Empire first debuted and hearing the "I'm you're father" line for the first time before it permeated our culture beyond belief? man.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

FINALLY! I GOT DUCK HUNT UNLOCKED IN SMASH! Damn dog/duck/shooter was a pain too, but I finally got him with my main Greninja.
    I can some what imagine. I had the original trilogy back before George Lucas "remastered" it on VHS when I was growing up. Can't get that any more.

12. 61 No. B

I.. doubt it. The thing is that Star Wars has, like I said, permeated our culture so much that it's impossible to not already be familiar with it before seeing it. It's also so popular and such a different beast now, that seeing Empire when it first came out, and then hearing that line before anyone knew about it (btw apparently the only people who knew the line were Lucas, Hamill, and some other guy, so it was a secret even to the crew), would have been an experience that I don't think we could accurately put ourselves in. Yeah, we can imagine, but there are contextual things to consider that makes it seem impossible to me. But man I'd love to see a theater reaction or something.

you know, I had the original not remastered ones on vhs as well, and had no idea about all that remastered stuff until much later. Really fortunate to have experienced them that way. I've never had Star Wars on a physical format other than vhs. now i have the theatrical cuts on my computer. like hell i'm paying for those things

13. Patman Bof

Pretty sure I had no clue whatsoever what Star Wars was the first time I watched it.
    And you can' t spot a meme before it actually becomes a meme. I was right there in the theaters when the blue pill and the red pill got delivered to the world. I thought it was cool, but I wasn' t like "Oh so this is where it will come from !"

Watching, say, the Berlin wall being destroyed or 9/11 on TV ? Now that was something. People instantly knew they were watching History.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

The guy in the Vader costume didn't even know. The line was originally: 'I knew your father.' The guy providing Vader's voice, James Earl Jones, delivered the line. So he was the third to know.

/nerd

I don't remember the Berlin Wall being I was like...3 years old at the time. But I remember 9/11 quite clearly. It was terrifying and horrifying.

15. 61 No. B

yeah, crazy stuff. that's so fascinating to me
    (admittedly ashamed that I forgot Jones)

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

All I remember about 9/11 was being irritated about the news always being on.

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

I thought the original line was "Obi-wan killed your father" which is why the scream was relevant.

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Now that I've done some research, this is accurate.

It makes sense though that Vader would blame Obi-Wan for the 'death' of Anakin Skywalker though. I mean...episode 3 events and all. And it would fit with his mindset of the dark side that Luke was trying to redeem him from.

19. Patman Bof

French for Star Wars is La Guerre des Etoiles, which actually means Stars War.
    In the earliest versions all the names had been literally translated, funny how you don' t notice how utterly ridiculous their names are when they' re left in a foreign language. The Clone Wars somehow became the Black Wars. Darth Vader became Dark Vador and 3PO became 6PO. Don' t ask. They fixed it long before the special editions (though La Guerre des Etoiles and Dark Vador stayed for good).

20. Hayabusa Venomous

I actually liked the transition of Anakin into Vader in the Prequel Trilogy. Of all the bad things that those three films had, Anakin was actually well done (or, as well done as he could be with that stale-ass writing about sand and the weird romance with an older Padme.)