The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Patman Bof

I' ve been catching up with Dr Who lately. I really dig the Van Gogh episode.

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It's a name, not a title. No relation to Dr Pepper.[DOUBLEPOST=1409553837][/DOUBLEPOST]It is a great episode though. One of Smith's best.

3. 61 No. B

Why are you trying? It's not your responsibility. A person has to find happiness themselves, not depend on other people to provide it for them. You being there to support them is all you can do. Worry about your own happiness and not equate your own worth to the state of your friends.

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I was in a very low and dark place last night. And it shows quite painfully. I was thinking some very...dark things to the point I just kind of cried myself to sleep.

This morning I found the reason for said behavior. Tied into a certain feminine biological process. Also helps to explain why I was so angry the other day.

Mystery solved.

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

FUN FACT: You know during that time female hormones become more like male hormones. So we're like guys for a week every month.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, I've heard the bit about our hormones matching that of guys during our thing.
    Though it's not exactly comforting to know that I'd be a guy who's constantly pissed off and bitchy...

also it's been abnormally painful for me the past few months and i hate that; like it's NEVER been this bad

7. 61 No. B

it's pretty great, right?

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

no

9. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Accidentally found some Mochi ice cream at Trader Joe's and holy shieet it's the most amazing thing ever and now I'm addicted to it more than coffee

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

Oooh, I love those! Have you tried the pork buns they have there?

11. Hayabusa Venomous

It sure is great when you want to get on the ol' Leggolegenz with your pals and play a game BUT THE SERVERS BE LIKE NAH BITCH YOU ONLY GET TO PLAY HALF THIS GAME AND YOU FREEZE WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO ULT.

12. 61 No. B

i might try and masuda method a cacnea. i dont care about shiny most of the time but i really like that one.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I really hope that Cacturne gets either a new evolution or a Mega Evolution. It's a cool design that's wasted with lack of bulk or speed or decent nature.

14. 61 No. B

He works fairly well with Seed Bomb, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, and Destiny Bond with a Focus Sash. But yeah, his atrocious speed doesn't give him much of a chance to use either of those high atk stats. He may work well on a trick room team, but still has low defenses. He's one of my most wanted megas. The mega needs to round out his stats more and bulk him up. He has good moves. And looks super cool.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

eyo look at Enzy and I together agaaaaaaaain
    image.jpg no but seriously these machines are cool but damn the coke is hot

16. Hayabusa Venomous

Focus Sash + Destiny Bond sets usually are telling signs of a Pokemon lacking either bulk or speed for survival or sweeping. I think if he does get a Mega, they should give him either an uber fast form (at least 110 Speed) or a tank form (100 Defense + 100 Special Defense.)

17. 61 No. B

I don't know the stats for all of the megas, but when they boost stats they seem to boost already high ones or round them out. I don't know of one where the mega totally changes how one is played. Talking about increasing his speed. But yes, I agree. I think it's more likely that he gets more defenses. I just want him to be better. It makes me sad that like all of my favorites are down in nu.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

Thing is, for Cacturne, his offensive stats are already good enough. What he needs is something to be relevant with them.

More detailed, here's what I think would work for Stat spreads (since Mega's always give a BST addition of 100):

Base:
    Ability: Sand Veil or Water Absorb
    • HP: 70
    • Attack: 115
    • Defense: 60
    • Special Attack: 115
    • Special Defense: 60
    • Speed: 60
    Mega-Speed:
    Ability: Moxie
    • HP: 70
    • Attack: 135
    • Defense: 60
    • Special Attack: 135
    • Special Defense: 60
    • Speed: 120
    Mega-Tank:
    Ability: Arena Trap or Heatproof
    • HP: 95
    • Attack: 115
    • Defense: 100
    • Special Attack: 115
    • Special Defense: 100
    • Speed: 50

What'cha think? Not so sure about the abilities.

19. 61 No. B

Yeah, that's about what I was thinking. I'd prefer him get higher defenses and hp, though. I like fast pokemon, but I'd rather him be less fragile than just as fragile but faster. Maybe give him Harvest and then use a berry to help him stick around longer? I don't know. I think it would be cool to go along with his scarecrow theme lol. Of the abilities you proposed I would probably use with Heatproof.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  20. Hayabusa Venomous

A Harvest + Sunlight combo would be pretty actually, hadn't thought about it. And the reason I made him so fragile is so that he still does have reasonable counter-game, though perhaps I could take some points from his offense and give them to the defenses and HP?

I also thought about giving Mega Cacturne the ability Shadow Tag :>