The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

That's.... odd.

And yeah, he does. Weirdly I think I found him when I used to like Game Grumps? Glad he's stepped away from that.

2. C This silence is mine

I agree with both of those statements. At one point, I should look into his original, non-gaming related, music. But it's hard to get motivated without the video games thrown in the mix.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What, does he have a bandcamp or something with some just regular, non-vidya related, music? There's not much (if any of that) on his YouTube...

4. C This silence is mine

He has a (short) EP on bandcamp

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

6. Misty gimme kiss

I normally love Disney music but I was very underwhelmed by the songs in Frozen. The instrumentals are nice and a few were good (Frozen Heart & Do You Want to Build a Snowman) but Let It Go is incredibly overhyped. Like I get that people like what it stands for (even though I think people are blatantly ignoring the problematic aspects of it thematically) but it's just not at all powerful imo

but then, I watch Pocahontas like every other day and it's hard to beat the music in it
    totally agree here! didn't feel elsa's voice really suited here

7. 61 No. B

I love Snowman.
    If only for seeing Anna grow up -- the middle age Anna is toooo fun and i love the voice. oh man anna. the obsession grows.
    agree about let it go

8. Hayabusa Venomous

If only there was some other film that got discussed besides Frozen. Just yesterday it was being dissed (some more) on Imgur.

9. 61 No. B

hey gimme a break
    i just watched it after months of ignoring it

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

There is, this is just how hype trains work. They will die down eventually.

11. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah I'm a sucker for montage-esque scenes in movies to show the passage of time (there's a REALLY good one in Brideshead Revisited, though it's obviously very different from Frozen). it was very Hakuna Matata. But I also thought the entire Snowman scene was very important to developing the emotional undercurrent of Anna and Elsa's relationship, which I otherwise felt was extremely downplayed in the movie. There's just so much there! The sisters are clearly being juxtaposed in temperament, which is key to the movie, but the scene also captures the central conflict here -- that Elsa is shutting herself away and that's bad for her, but she's hurting other people -- particularly Anna -- by doing it, in Anna's time of need. This post basically captures some of my big problems with Frozen: http://mistypants.tumblr.com/post/81181112119/mskikiji-briannacherrygarcia-this-was-not-my

And speaking as someone who grew up with sisters -- and as the youngest sister -- the whole idea of Anna just trying to find her friend to play with is so so sad and relatable

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

I like the Lego Movie

13. Misty gimme kiss

I still need to see this! I work in a movie theater so it's quite a scandal that I've not seen Lego Movie or Wreck it Ralph. Nobody wants to go see children's films with me so I end up watching them alone at 2AM.

14. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm watching it now -(><)-

15. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I admit I've yet to see this. I've been considering it now that it's out on dvd.

16. 61 No. B

My biggest, if not only, problem with Frozen is that Elsa's character feels a little typical (in a bad way) given the media I've consumed. She's that character who refuses to communicate which only exacerbates her problems, something I've seen before and already have problems with which immediately hurts the character for me. Granted, it's not even close to being as obnoxious as other instances of the same thing, they play it for drama in the movie but when you ask "why don't you just tell her or at least talk to her or SOMETHING" it kinda falls apart because we've already seen how close they were and there's nothing to indicate that Anna simply knowing what's going on with Elsa would endanger her, in fact it would only make things better for both of them. I don't think that Elsa feeling guilty for doing what she did to Anna and going along with her parents decision to shut her away from Anna and everyone else is a strong enough reason to justify her maintaining that seclusion after their deaths when, like Anna says, they're all each other has. At some point Elsa continuing to ignore Anna makes her somewhat unsympathetic and unlikable. That said, it is really sad seeing it from Anna's perspective and I do sympathize on some level but on the whole it doesn't quite work for me.

my viewing or wreck it ralph was ruined by the kids in the theater so im prob never going to a kids movie in theaters again unless its something i have to see.

17. Misty gimme kiss

That's an interesting take on it. I did feel Elsa's problems were sympathetic having experienced similar struggles myself -- the thing is that once you've started bottling up your emotions, it's hard to stop. Endangering others is definitely one of her primary concerns but at a certain point you begin to disconnect from actually fully feeling things, or at least, expressing them, especially to others. I don't think that was necessarily presented in the movie, certainly not explicitly, though I do think it was (somewhat) implied. But I might just be projecting loool

18. Ghost King's Apprentice

So, hypothetically, what if someone was holding a glass in their non dominate hand and broke it causing a shard to be stuck in their hand what would said person do? Would they take it out or would that cause too much bleeding?

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

They would get a rag or other kind of bandage ready, remove the glass and apply pressure to stop the bleeding. Depends on the size/depth of the cut. If bleeding is unstoppable, call emergency services.

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

\Great, Thanks!