The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

I am now VP for next year 8')

That is awesome. I still only have $27.50 in my bank account, so I dunno if I'll pick that up right off the bat or go with Transistor. My mom may pay me back in a few weeks, so it's up in the air tll then, lol. Thank you for the info!

Admittedly I didn't know what this was and had to look it up. v': It looks really sweet though, that ****ing flying mechanic yooooooooooo

I had felt the same way, lol. Glad to see yu're liking it more though. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if you ever feel like discussing it.

2. 61 No. B

I'm at episode 11 now. Clearly it's peaked my interest lol.
    Sure thing. I'm somewhat hesitant to say anything at the moment, though. It really caught me off guard . This shows pacing is weird. Curious to see if that's good or bad by the end, but I do give it props for doing this much this quickly. I'll say this though, Ira is awesome. favorite character so far

edit: jakuzure's Galactus helmet lol

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Kill la Kill requires some background knowledge to predict/understand in my opinion.

More relevant questions: Do you know what Honnouji Academy is named after? Did you see the death flag in episode 7?

4. 61 No. B

why? and like what, cultural stuff?

no. no.
    tbh, just like my interest my attention was waning until episode eight or nine.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Gainax, I mean, Trigger likes to reference outside material. A lot. Marcellus Wallace was a character in the American film Pulp Fiction and appeared on the way to school in Episode 4 alongside John Travolta's character, Vincent Vega. So it's cultural, but not all Japanese culture.

Honnouji Academy is named after a temple in Japan. At the real life Honnouji, a man named Akechi killed a man named Nobunaga. Akechi was one of Nobunaga's generals previously but betrayed him when he was about to consolidate his power over Japan during the feudal times. That's the short version.

Well, http://i.imgur.com/4h3a83w.jpg

It's more interesting when you have something to look forward to.

6. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

7. 61 No. B

I haven't seen Pulp Fiction yet. It's one of those that I always hear talked about and need to see but just haven't yet.

Alright biiiiiig KLK question that I need answered by someone pronto before I continue and get lost.
    What is the Kiryuin's motivation? I vaguely remember some monologue at some point where the motivation was revealed but I forgot it and I don't want to google it for fear of spoiling something else and I'm not about to go re-download all those episodes and search for it.
    I know they want to get people in their clothes but why?
    And I'm only on episode 17 so if we don't know it fully yet don't say it. basically i'm about to go to sleep and don't feel like looking it up myself if someone else knows

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

You don't know the main ambitions yet.

Based just on where you are now though (entering Ep. 17), pretty much at this point all you need to know is the Kiryuins serve Life Fibers and carry out the whims of the Original Life Fiber (aka Hugeass Yarn). Life Fibers are an alien race and were responsible for the evolution of humanity as we know it. They feed off the energy of humanity, and cover the subject to do so since bonding with the host kills them (why they're called "COVERS").

Nudist Beach is in direct opposition to this ploy and wants to destroy Life Fibers before they & the Kiryuins subjugate humanity. Dr. Matoi worked to develop Senketsu specifically for Ryuko so that she may be able to put an end to the Kiryuins' ambitions. Her position is a tad bit ambiguous since, while she and NB share the same goal of defeating the Kiryuins, Ryuko is friends with Senketsu, who is clothing, so she clashes with their alignment (especially Tsumugu's).

tl;dr

Kiryuins: Serve Life Fibers
    Nudist Beach: Destroy Life Fibers
    Ryuko: Defeat Kiryuins

9. 61 No. B

thaaaaanks so much
    i was watching 17 and had one of those "wait, what???" forget everything moments and didn't want to continue with assumptions

10. jafar custom title

where is this happening and why am i not a part of it?

11. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

came up on my facebook wall

12. jafar custom title

Don't lie to me

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

He was obviously playing without us.

That jerk.

14. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

You know I'd never pass up a chance to play with you

15. 61 No. B

daaaaaang klk ep 17

i so saw her turning on Ragyo coming but i didnt see it coming like THAT and this soon omg this is great stuff
    this episode made me so happy

i hope i dont regret it later

i've been liking satsuki more and more each episode but this.. this. omg i cant even

ragyo's theme is awesome.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Only a few days left to vote in KHV Idol!

17. 61 No. B

guys i cant even take this im losing my mind here

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I think you're ready to hear this, then

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It doesn't slow down until the very end.
    Have fun losing your shit

I KNOW I DID c:

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Oh, is it "post mind-blowingly awesome music" time! Excellent! I love that time!

i'm sorry i couldn't find a youtube link