358/2 Days The Days Movie Flattered the Original Quite a bit

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Sep 11, 2013.

1. A Zebra Chaser

Days still has an iffy story, but the cutscenes have gone a long way towards drastically improving it. Particularly the strong performance by Roxas, and the added scenes that help explain what the Organization is ACTUALLY doing >.>
    I dunno, just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, I never finished it myself, but from what I saw, which was about half of it, maybe a little less, I'd say that having the scenes did, and at the same time, didn't, clear stuff up. It kind of made it a little more clear, but I still had a few questions. But it was nice seeing them all acting how they felt and hearing them, instead of reading a text box from the game where they only had repeated sounds coming up.

3. 61 No. B

I think it would be hard not improve it. Days never did a good job of communicating what it was doing and why it's characters were doing what they were doing, they would almost have to improve it to make a cohesive narrative for the movie. Whenever you make adapt something or make a new version you have a great opportunity to improve upon the original, I don't have 1.5 myself, but if it did clarify and improve Days' story I'd say that's a good thing.

4. Explode Who?!

I really didn't see any difference in terms of being clearer. Obviously an improvement having it fully voiced and animated, with more interesting camera angles, but aside from being able to hear their tone of voice, I don't think it was any more or less clear. A lot of scenes were the same, almost word for word. I think it just made it easier to absorb because you can see the entire story over 3 hours, rather than 30-50 hours.

Days is actually one of my favorite stories in the series (along with Birth by Sleep). It's extremely experimental (taking place over a year, with a lot of everyday, sometimes boring conversations), and they took a lot of risks (ie. Xion's hood being mistaken as a really bad continuity problem), but I think it had the most realistic character development in the entire series. You see a friendship slowly and awkwardly develop between people who don't understand themselves and are told that they have no emotions. When problems start forming they don't confront it directly because it's uncomfortable, or they feel it's none of their business, and when it reaches the breaking point, the drama is totally justified, because you see it building up. Axel tries desperately to keep the three of them together, over the span of at least 100 days, but is still powerless to stop anything, and you can see his frustration culminate over time until he finally explodes at Xion. Roxas' identity crisis makes complete sense, with how much he comes to distrust the organization, and after learning about Sora and Xion. Every action and reaction felt like the logical next step for each character.

And I absolutely love Axel and Saix's relationship. They both want to keep their friendship alive but they consistently fail to communicate properly. At several points it looks like they want to scream in each other's faces, but they're too prideful to actually do it.

Did they actually add any scenes? There was maybe one or two that I didn't recognize, but I could have just forgotten about them.

5. AzzyFox Destiny Islands Resident

What helped was being able to listen to the characters speak. Reading text gets boring and makes it harder to understand what's going on. I learned more from 1.5 ReMIX than I have from the original release of 358/2 Days.

6. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, the movie was very informative although I didn't like those word sences where they just do a summary of what roxas did on missions but that it probably to make it as short as possible