Square-Enix Square Enix forms a Final Fantasy committee to ensure series quality

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Oct 17, 2013.

1. libregkd -

2. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

3. Sara Tea Drinker

I was neutral about FFX, I REALLY hated XII and after reading several neutral reviews, I turned my back on XIII quickly. Though from what I'm getting, it was probably the best idea.

I do agree, even with the old games "dated", they were huge classics. I would rather pick up FFVI and VII compared to anything after that any day. VIII was painful for me with the junctioning, IX I couldn't tolerate after 3/4ths of the way through, and XII I couldn't stand maybe halfway through. I also have been told: "It gets better right after you quit." I really think it shouldn't be the halfway point that a game gets good. Which I heard XIII is a third of the way in, or 20 hours. Should you really sit through 20 hours of things happening that doesn't draw you in and hold you? VI was fantastic with the story, pacing and action. When the climax happened, it was slowly built up but was still enough to keep you going with what was going on and the desperation of the situation. VII had a real in-depth story, and even though I really didn't like Cloud after a while, the other characters and the story drew me in.

What they really need to do is go back to the roots, and please, no more remakes unless it's PS4, and see what made those games good. When they started, it was a failing company who was doing a last hurrah and the first FF literally saved the company. Should they totally control everything that happens in the future? No, unless it's another bomb like their MMORPG's, which I have heard very seldom people say they like. THAT won't save their franchise, but they should steer it from the direction they're heading and refocus on storytelling, easy level development, and most of all: VERY LIKEABLE RELATABLE MAIN CHARACTERS THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO CHASE DOWN WITH A SHOTGUN!!! *coughs*TidusVaanVanille*coughs* Whose POV makes sense to be the focus of the story.

And yes, I watch Spoony, though I've seen these points myself.