Sora and Kairi: SWITCHED! A Kingdom Hearts Alternate Future

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destiny's Force, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. key dragon One with the keyblade

Heh, imagine if Sora went back to his body, and Roxas DIDN'T forget about seeing Kairi naked.:p

2. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

The Next Morning...

Funny you should mention that...:o

Since this is an "Alternate Future," the two stories have no relation whatsoever. It's just a possibility of what COULD happen.

(Note from author: Yeah. Another update finally. I swear, this stuff gets harder and harder to come up with. :huh: It's short, but an update is better than none at all, right? ;))

"I wonder how Sora and Kairi are doing," Riku thought. He had come to the island during sunrise to reinforce some of the new wooden planks that had become loose. He looked like a junior carpenter as he wielded the hammer in one hand and with nails in his teeth. "It must be pretty hard on both of them. I mean, if I woke up one day and found myself as a female..." A slight chill traveled down his spine. "They're probably getting used to it by now..." He had just finished using the last nail in his mouth to hammer down another board when Kairi showed up. Riku immediately knew something was up by the way her face seemed to sag with exhaustion. Her hair was flattened on one side as if someone had shaved off the spikes halfway across her head. "What happened? You look like you've just gotten run over by a flock of Chocobos."

Kairi bent down near the tide, cupped some water in her hands and splashed it on her face. She looked up sleepily at Riku. "Sorry, Riku. I had a hard time sleeping last night."

"A nightmare?" Riku asked. He took another plank of wood and a couple more nails. Kairi nodded meekly. "Well, you should know by now that not all dreams are meant to come true. Whether it be good or bad, don't let them dictate your life. Besides..." Riku positioned the board he was holding as straight as possible. "You wouldn't be able to remember your dreams if you didn't wake up from them, right?"

Kairi laid herself along the shoreline, staring thoughtfully at the horizon. "Actually, the nightmare wasn't the worst part."

"Yeah, I know." Riku paused in his hammering. "It's the dealing with what you saw that's the problem, right?"

Kairi shook her head. "It was the fact that Roxas saw it."

Riku looked at her curiously. "I know that you're not used to Roxas seeing what a girl dreams and all. But how's that a problem?" The corner of his lips twitched. "What? You had one of those dreams where you were naked in public or something?" he asked half-jokingly. Riku finished slamming another nail into the board when he noticed Kairi's uneasy silence. He whipped his head around to see Kairi's lips trembling slightly. "Are you saying that Roxas saw you in your birthday suit?" Kairi's eyes shifted from mutual contact as her face reddened in embarrassment. Riku's mouth dropped open, the spare nails falling into the ocean. "Wow." He gave Kairi a pitying look. "I am so sorry about that, Kairi."

Kairi shook her head again. "It was just a stupid dream anyway. Don't worry about it." There was something odd about the way she seemed to shrug the situation off. Riku's body was on automatic picking up the nails he dropped as he tried to figure out what she had in mind. It didn't take him long to realize.

"Kairi," he began, "before you go and have Naminé erase his memories..." Kairi's eyebrows shot up.

"How'd you know that?!" she demanded. Riku gave her the "you can't hide from me" look.

"Come on. I've known you and Sora since we were kids. It's not that hard to figure out."

Kairi crossed her arms, still looking ticked. "I don't like the idea of anybody seeing me naked. As soon as I'm back in my own body..."

Riku rolled his eyes. "Come on, Kairi. Be reasonable about this. Is erasing Roxas' memory really going to solve anything?"

"No, but it'll make me feel better!" she retorted.

"Hey!" Riku and Kairi jumped. "Don't I get a say in this?" Roxas chirped.

"NO!" the other two shouted in unison.

"Fine..." Roxas murmured.

Riku began to massage his forehead with his free hand. "Look, it's not like Roxas can show Sora what he saw anyways. They may share the same body, but they can't show each other's thoughts."

"But..." Kairi began, but Riku cut her off.

"In other words, the best that Roxas can do is tell Sora what he's seen. It's completely pointless to erase his memory."

"Well..." Kairi crossed her arms and tilted her head back. "You're right about the fact that Roxas can't show Sora."

"Hello?! I'm right here!" Roxas was feeling a bit miffed about being ignored. "And of course I can't show Sora!" Roxas sighed. "I'm sorry for being forced to see you without any clothes, okay? But I swear, it'll never happen again! The paopu will wear off soon and you won't have to worry about me invading your privacy anymore!" He could still feel her disbelief even as he said it which made him feel more annoyed. "So if you caught Sora naked by accident, are you telling me it would be okay with you for someone to erase your memory of it?"

Kairi started to say yes, but something stopped her. Even though she felt morally disgusted, a tiny part of her was actually intrigued by the aspect of a guy's exposed body. Riku raised an eyebrow. "I take it from your silence that your answer would be no."

"I..." Kairi shook off her temporarily naughty thoughts. "No! It's wrong to invade someone's privacy like that! I'm not some guy that's thrilled by the idea of seeing a naked body!" Kairi cried. Riku and Roxas were silent from her outburst. The only audible sounds were the early birds chirping and the tides lapping across the beach.

Finally, it was Riku who said, "Hate to break this to you, Kairi. But right now, you ARE a guy."

Before Kairi could come up with a comeback, Tidus and Wakka came running up the shoreline.

"Hey! Good morning, you two!" Wakka greeted, Blitzball under his arm.

Tidus grinned at Kairi. "Hello, MISTER Kairi!" he said. Both Kairi and Riku cringed.

"That...sounded wrong on SO many levels," Kairi said as she glared at Tidus.

Wakka peered curiously at Kairi's hair. "What happened to you? You look like you got stomped on by a bunch of Moogles," he commented.

"Excellent observation," Kairi growled.

Tidus looked from Kairi to Riku. "So what are we gonna do today?"

Realizing that he wasn't going to get any more work done, Riku started putting his tools away. "We're going to help Sora finish his training," he replied.

Tidus nodded thoughtfully. "Okay. So what are we waiting for?"

Wakka rolled his eyes. "Have you looked around?"

"No..." Tidus shielded his eyes with his hand and began scanning the environment.

"You see anyone missing?"

Tidus' hand dropped to his side as he turned to glare at Wakka. "You could've just said that Sora's not here yet."

"What the..." Kairi squinted against the steadily growing sunlight. "Is that Sora?" A girlish figure had just docked her boat and began running up to them. As soon as she got closer, Kairi noticed the glint of blonde hair. Tidus and Wakka were confused.

"Who's she?" Tidus inquired.

Kairi watched the girl curiously. "It's Naminé."

For reasons unknown to them, Naminé ran up to them, a grim expression etched on her face. She took one look at Kairi before saying, "Kairi? What happened to your hair? It looks like you went down to a stream and beat it with rocks."

Kairi rolled her eyes. "I just didn't get much sleep last night," she explained.

"Oh..." Naminé gave her an understanding look. "You had the naked dream again, didn't you?"

Kairi reddened. "Naminé!" She grinned sheepishly at Tidus and Wakka who were staring at her in shock.

"Don't worry about it, Kairi," Naminé said. "At least Roxas didn't see that bondage fantasy where you and Sora were..."

"Naminé!" Kairi shrieked a bit louder. Even Riku's eyes were wide open at Naminé's slip of the tongue.

Fortunately for Kairi, Naminé quickly changed the subject. "You wouldn't believe who I ran into on the way here."

"Selphie?"

Naminé shook her head. "No, Natalia."

"WHAT?!" The group couldn't believe their ears.

Kairi grabbed Naminé by the shoulders and started shaking her rapidly. "What happened? What'd you say? How'd she react?" Naminé was a bit taken back by Kairi's reaction.

"Well, it's nothing much. She thought I was you at first."

"But?" Kairi coaxed.

"Like I said, nothing much. She was just hanging out around the town square with her friends when she noticed me. Natalia started to call me something that I'd rather not repeat." She chewed her lower lip absentmindedly. "But after I turned around, she got a good look at me and mumbled some apology." Naminé grinned. "You should've seen the look on her face. It was priceless."

Tidus and Wakka laughed. Riku only shook his head. "Okay. But why are you out here and not Sora?" he asked.

"Well, he had a little bit of insomnia and didn't go to sleep until around four in the morning," she explained.

Kairi blinked. "Are you telling us that he's asleep right now?" she asked. Naminé nodded.

A mischievous grin appeared on Tidus' face. "I just got a wicked idea." Due to the sadistic expression on his face, it wasn't too hard for the others to figure it out.

"I'm in," Wakka said promptly, twirling his Blitzball on the tip of his finger.

"Don't you think we should just leave him alone?" Riku asked as he used a small magnet from his toolbox to pick up any stray nails he missed.

Wakka shrugged. "He should've went to sleep earlier instead of worrying all night."

Tidus turned to Kairi. "What do you think?" She ran her fingers through her half-shaped hair in thought. It didn't take her long to decide.

"We can't get any training done if the lazy bum isn't awake. I say, why not?"

Riku finished putting away his tools in his toolbox. "You guys are evil, you know that?"

Naminé shrugged. "Kairi's got a point, though. He can't spend all day sleeping." She walked up to the nearest palm tree. "I'll see you guys later!" she said, giving the group a sly wink. Naminé slid her back downward against the bark, took a deep breath and closed her eyes. To Tidus and Wakka's amazement, Naminé's hair color seemed to wash away from her golden blonde locks to Kairi's dark red hair. Her skin became a darker tone and her facial features seemed to shift slightly. Soon, all traces of Naminé were replaced with Kairi's sleeping body, blissfully unaware of its surroundings.

Kairi leaned over and brushed some of the red strands of hair covering his ear. "Hey, Sora..." Kairi whispered lightly in his ear.

"Mmm...wha..." Sora muttered sleepily, his eyes still closed.

Tidus and the others counted silently to three. Then altogether the gang shouted, "WAKE UP!" Sora's eyes snapped open and he leapt to his feet. His body running on instinct, a thin shaft of light appeared in his hands and faded, revealing...

"The Keyblade?!" The group stared at him in shocked silence. It looked slightly weird to see Kairi's body in Sora's battle stance.

After Sora realized that there was no danger, he relaxed his guard. "What's the big idea?!" he yelled. Then he took a good look at Kairi. "Kairi? What happened to my hair?" He touched a couple of his spikes gingerly. "It looks like someone ran a weed whacker through it."

Kairi shook her head impatiently. "Never mind that. How'd you summon the Keyblade? I thought it could only work in your own body."

Sora shrugged. "I dunno. Maybe it responds to a person's heart and not the body."

Before Kairi could push the issue further, Sora waved. "Hi, Selphie!" Kairi turned around and sure enough, Selphie was running up to them grinning from ear to ear with another shopping bag in her hand.

"Good morning, you guys!" As she got closer, her smile faltered and was replaced by a look of curiosity. She stared at Kairi's hair. "Kairi, you look like..."

"ALRIGHT!" Kairi snapped. "I get it! I know my hair's all messed up! But it's only because no comb on this world can tame this poufy hairstyle! I don't know why, but it just is! Deal with it!" After the outburst, she took a few slow breaths to calm her system.

Selphie pursed her lips. "Actually, I was about to say that you looked like you needed a shower." She used her free hand to fan the air in front of her face. "Your hair kinda stinks." Kairi's head drooped as she face-palmed herself in disbelief.

3. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Haha. That was good.

I really enjoyed the part where they woke Sora up. And the Keyblade? I'm glad it finally made an appearance.

Great job and keep up the good work!!

-Kairi

4. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Great!

Great addition! I was waiting patiently for too long and was about to mug a shop owner where I had my laptop because you hadn't posted anything! No,.....That didn't really happen, but still.....
    Great Add!

5. Amber PLUR

lol I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet...

Great story, one of the best kh stories I have read in a long time.

6. Destined Working for WDW

this chapter was small, but dang, talk about funny. And Roxas gets to keep his memories hahaha, well done dude.

7. MouseleafXIII Merlin's Housekeeper

Zomg I Lurves This Story!!!!

Can't Wait For The Next Update!!!:)

8. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Excellent! The keyblade makes an appearance!...I'm talking like it's an actual person...

Seriously, good job so far. I didn't really see any mistakes, so keep it up!

....poor Roxas.

9. stripy4 Traverse Town Homebody

Ho, boy that was funny! Poor Roxas. And, I don't want to know about the Kairi Sora bondage dream, XD

10. mastergamer Merlin's Housekeeper

i feel sorry for roxas. he dident get to see the bondage fantasy. if i was him i would be a little pissed.

11. Fearless A good and beautiful child

i do!
    XDDDDDDDDDDD
    jk, jk... or am I?
    XDDDDD
    but seriously, that was funny
    lolz
    XD

12. Heaxrt17 Gummi Ship Junkie

Great job! I enjoyed this chapter a lot. It was so funny. Keep it up. ^_^

13. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Oh my god....:D.....bondage fantasy?!.....wow......I was about to die from that......good job....can't wait for your next chapter.

14. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

AWESOME CHAPTER!! May I connect this to my fanfic?

15. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Oh, I totally loved this story...it's so funny and at the same time intriguing and romantic and more! XD Keep up the good work! ^^ ​

16. key dragon One with the keyblade

He got to see Kairi NAKED, that HAS to count for something.

Heh, I wonder how Kairi will react when Naminé tells her about Soara's little doubts?

Also, WHERE ARE DONALD AND GOOFY?

17. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Patience, young one. When/if those two appear...it most certainly be with a bang!

18. key dragon One with the keyblade

Meh, at least Roxas see Kairi naked, that's good enough.

19. Sumi suicidé

Award 4 most ****ing awesome story on earth!:cheers:

20. key dragon One with the keyblade

Is there gonna be something like SORA seeing Kairi naked.:D (Joke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.