So, I Kinda Lost It

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Scarred Nobody, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Also true. I, personally, am not very religious, but my family is, to an extent, and we do try to avoid things like shopping on a holiday or getting caught up in the greed that can overtake some people.

black fridays deals are a blessing, though. I wouldn't get half of what I get for Christmas without it.

2. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I totally agree. I'm not religious either but I'm always absolutely infected by the holiday season. I fückin' bleed holly-jolly. I really dislike, however, how the good will and togetherness is met with equal amounts of materialism. My favorite part of the season is seeing family and friends. (And getting drunk with said family and friends while eating all the food all the time.)

You, my friend, have good taste in holiday things.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

The store where I work is more about family. The store owners refuse to have it open on Christmas Day and we have shortened hours on Christmas Eve. He's gotten calls asking if we're open on Christmas Day and he always says the same thing: 'I'd like to spend at least one day out of the year with my family. As would my staff. We'll be open 8am on December 26th. Have a Happy Holiday.' and then he hangs up.

Sometimes I'll use the German phrase since there's a big German population out there. It took me a while to get the pronunciation down. But no one's complained since then.

It really depends on where you work and the policies in place. I usually switch it up just so I'm not saying the same thing for a month.