Save the Vowels!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlessedOne148 Destiny Islands Resident

We need to save the Vowels!!!

2. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

*laughes* ZotT, I know you said you were part of the "Save The Vowels" movement, but I didn't think you'd actually start a thread about it!

Well, my stance on this is pretty simple; ask the people in the Spam Zone who I've hit with the Grammar Hammer.

It's often faster to type normal words on a forum than to always put in numbers like... "ZOMG R0x3rz B0x0rz"... It slows down typing, and then people have to focus and try to interpret what you're trying to say with all your "txt tlk"; I can't stand it! "yea, i pwn n00bz lol" is just really dumb, in my opinion.

STOP MASSACRING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, YOU FOOLS!

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

'txt talk' annoys me to no end. It's fine if you're on a cellphone texting someone and maybe in MMORPGs but when you're on a keyboard with all the keys?

C'mon the vowels need love too. Not to mention it just makes the poster look unintelligent.

'lol i pwn l337 |-|/-\x0rz0rz wiff meh l337 m/-\d skillz'. What did that take me? Like 5 minutes to type?

4. Misty gimme kiss

It's not only the vowels that are being left out, but some people are too lazy to worry about punctuation, capitalization, and starting new paragraphs!

Some things, like 'u' 'r' and 'wat', don't bother me much. But when it gets down to things like 'lol i knw.', it just makes the poster look downright stupid.

5. Falco Twilight Town Denizen

Well I do that sometimes. My spacebar barely works so thats why you see me wrtintinglikethis. But for the most part it doesn't annoy me much. I use it on IM all the time but i try to spell everything out here.

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

That broken spacebar will drive people to odd things. I-once-knew-someone-who-would-type-like-this. Drove me insane.

Typing out entire paragraphs using 'u' 'r' 'ur' 'wut' and so on just grates on me and substituting numbers for letters/syllables is even worse. 'lol wut r u w8ing 4?' It makes me wish I could reach through the screen and smack them. ee;

7. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

The substitution thing is called '1337 talk', it's so friggen annoying.

8. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

I am with you all the way!
    I am with you because I am bored.

9. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Bored or not. Welcome to the revolution.

Viva la correct grammar!

10. It's ok on MMORPG's really thoughbecause you need it to keep up with conversations.

11. The Great Gatz Chaser

1 \/\/u2 W4t(hin9 the /\/3wZ the other day and they had a story about this new $|-|1t. Apparently some d0ctz0R thinks that this new generation has created a new language. |-|e thinks it helps with a kid's creativity. It makes perfect sense create a new language by butchering anothZ0r.

1337!!!!!!11111!!!!one!!!!eleven!!

12. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

o_0 What was all that gibberish about?

13. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well theoretically, the brain really only needs to read the first and the last letter in a word to be able to read it.

But it just looks a lot better if they're all the letters are there in the first place.

14. VV7f? 74/-/t D0<7or iz <r4zJ

15. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.