Rise of the Nephilim OOC

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Hyuge ✧, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    [[ IC Thread ]]

The magical world of demons, angels, and Nephilim return with a whole new cast as the doors to the academy open. With it, some familiar faces arrive. Past and present merge as those from the Demonic War guide a future world free of Nephilim discrimination to a better and brighter tomorrow. Children with short youths and long lives learn how to adapt to a world where few know of their existence. The developmental years of birth to adulthood are a struggle, especially for those that reach their teens within a matter of a few months.

The Nephilim Academy is a safe haven founded by a few concerned parental angels and their Nephilim children from the Demonic War. It has been 100 years since the war and the angels have been reborn into new hosts, once or twice over. However, their children that had previously not been allowed to exist -- viewed as an abomination, punishable to the highest extent of the Lord -- still walk the earth; seemingly forever young. They learn what it means to be strong, educated, and prepared for anything that might come at them in the future. The world is cruel, especially to things that were never meant to exist.

Though they are primary, Nephilim are not the sole occupants of the academy. Young angels who wish to given their human hosts a place to call home, also attend the school. No one calls them crazy for hearing voices, or views them as monsters for possessing unique gifts. They are just like everyone else within the walls of the academy, with the exception of some of them having been the parents of their fellow students in past lives and aging at a normal rate.

The school has been a success in its endeavors, though times are changing. The destructive, happy-go-lucky atmosphere of the academy will soon be put to the test. They have experienced 100 years of relative peace in their world, but evil does not rest forever. New threats and old enemies will soon rise – it's just a matter of when, and how. Will a band of misfit angels and Nephilim be enough to stop the forces of Hell a second time? Only the Father knows, and he isn't answering.

[​IMG]
    Rise of the Nephilim is a sequel to The Fallen.
    Participation in The Fallen is not required, neither is reading prequel or the short story Dream Sequence.
    This roleplay has an entirely different pacing to it than the last. Those of you that didn't join last time around because the roleplay was too demanding are in luck, as this is a lighter story with more time between events.
    That being said, the posting requirements will only be twice a week. It doesn't matter when during that week, whether it is two posts in one day or one post one day and the other four days later; so long as you are maintaining a minimum of two posts per week.
    There is a three strike system; I am usually very lenient with people so make sure you are talking to me.
    No godmodding/power playing
    Your Nephilim cannot be older or more powerful than the teacher Nephilim, for they are the first of their kind in over a century. The teacher spots are reserved for the members that had Nephilim children in The Fallen, or shortly post - Fallen This consists of Machina, TwilightBlader, Bite the Dust, Skyheart, Cstar, and myself.
    Please review the list of angels before choosing what parent your Nephilim belongs to.
    Nephilim age quickly when young, going from an infant to a teen in the matter of a couple months. After that, their development is stunted and it can take decades before they appear to have aged even a few years.
    The children outlive their parents by an exceptionally long time, lest they are killed. They are not invincible.
    Only women that are hosting the angels live through the birthing process of a Nephilim. The angel's power keeps them strong enough to endure the short – lived pregnancy. Meaning, if the father is the one hosting the angel, the mother will die.
    The only times the human mother lives is if an angel with healing powers is present at the time of the delivery and protecting her.
    Angel characters are allowed, but will be limited to five excluding my own.
    While it is not required to have former knowledge of the events that took place in The Fallen, it might be a good idea to skim through it. Everything you will need to know related to it will be explained within this roleplay, but I tend to forget details.
    TwilightBlader and Skyheart will be co-moderating the roleplay for me. I have a crazy ridiculous life and if I didn't have them to type out the important plot points that need to be posted in order to progress the roleplay, this thing probably wouldn't last long. I will be here as much as possible, but I don't always have the motivation to write those much needed posts.
    If I'm not here, please direct any questions that you have to them. If they don't have an answer, someone will get in touch with me and I will reply as soon as I can.
    The more active people are and willing to develop the story without me, the less often I have to do things that will involve the death of characters. In the past I have allowed people to host their own mini events in the roleplay. That is something I would be more than willing to do again. If you have an idea that you think would fit and would like to take charge of, please feel free to message me about it. I will more than likely say yes, because it means less work for me.
    I currently have no plans for counters of any sort, that being said, if activity is dipping or I want to speed things up to get to a new event, they might come into play in the future. If you are unfamiliar with the counter system, please say something and they will be explained when/if the time comes.
    There is no limit on characters, so long as you can manage the ones you have.
    If your character is still a small child, please have a second image ready for when they stop growing. It should have some sort of resemblance to the younger version, no dramatic differences. If they were a preppy twelve – year – old five days ago, they are not going to be a sudden gothic punk now that they resemble the age of a fifteen – year – old. Realism please.
    I reserve the right to add or subtract any rules as I see fit. You will be informed should this happen.

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Calamitosum Grey [100]
      Daughter of Zadkiel -- The Righteousness of God
      Bio: Cal was literally raised in Hell, along with four other Nephilim. For the most developmental part of her life, all she knew were the walls of the Obisidian Palace and the Dark Angels that reside within it. Her half - twin sister aided the forces of Hell, Cal and the others did whatever they could to escape Hell. While trying to help save the world and discover their place in a society that didn't accept them, Cal also grappled with the concept of love and what it meant to love two people equally. She assisted her adoptive father, Alistair Grey, and the angel Xathanael in the construct of the academy she treasures so dearly and eventually came to the difficult choice of which man she wanted to be with more. Cal may have chose Caius Aster, but her heart could never be entirely his. She tries to fill the void with teaching the new Nephilim about the world they live in, and the events that took place here.

Played By: Hyuge

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Soren Brandt [100]
      Son of Araquiel -- Angel of Vengence
      Bio: Claiming to be the oldest Nephilim, Soren has made himself responsble for looking after the others of his kind. Being raised in Hell only fueled his desire to become strong, taking every chance he could to push beyond his limits and challenge the wishes of the Dark Angels. Of the Nephilim raised in Hell, he was the one who most violently opposed the Dark Angels. After losing his father in a battle against Lucifer himself, Soren grew distant even from his twin sister. After having been unable to save his father, Soren only trained harder. After the academy was constructed it took a great deal of convincing for him to take up teaching. Though being constantly reminded of Cal's choice pained him a great deal, he found solace in mastering new techniques to teach to younger Nephilim, save for the most violent of abilities he has created over the decades. Despite his emotional detachment from most everyone, he still places the safety of his kind and the humans above all other things.

Played By: Machina

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Anna Brandt [100]
      Daughter of Araquiel -- Angel of Vengence
      Bio: Anna was left mostly unscarred by the events she witnessed from being born in Hell. After the battle against the Dark Angels, she did her best to live life as a normal human. At the rate she aged compared to those around her, she soon found that it would be impossible for her to live amongst the humans as one of them. Yearning to find a place where she would belong, she joined the academy's staff. Unlike her brother, Anna is much more open towards others and displays an always gentle demeanor.

Played By: Machina

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Reuben Riviera [100]
      Son of Abaddon and Xathanael -- Angel of Destruction and The Hidden One
      Bio: A generally friendly man, he exudes a much more approchable air than his brutish father. He has, for the most part, inherited his mother's personality, being as driven and determined as she was. Reuben is also intensely protective of the Nephilim and Angels that are under his care, going to great lengths to make sure that no harm comes to them at all. However, when he gets into a fight, parts of his father start to show themselves. In combat, he jokes around with his opponent and starts to call them by any nickname he can think of.

Played By: Bite the Dust

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Rose Pike [89]
      Daughter of Semyaza -- The Infamous Rebellion
      Bio: Rose is for the most part one of those teachers that does her best to encourage her students to succeed, but can get pissed off when the kids don't follow in the line with what she is telling them to do. She is very talkative when not in lesson mode, and tries her best to be kind to others, but has the tendency to come across as a bitch on plenty of occasions. When she has her heart set on something she is very determined to finish it or work on it to the best of her ability.

Played By: Cstar

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Rolan Harrison - Chua [82]
      Son of Barachiel and Remiel -- ArchAngel of Lightning and Thunder of God
      Bio: Having his parents be demon hunters by almost profession, Rolan had been on the move ever since he was born. Because of this, Rolan has been slaying demons three months into his life -- deciding to help his parents out in any way that he could. Spending close to half a normal lifetime doing so, when his parents had retired from it, he decided to as well. Going to the academy made to accept any and all Nephilim, Rolan had soon become a member of the staff of the academy, imparting his knowledge on all things demonic to the next generations of Nephilim and angel alike. Though he enjoys the sendetary lifestly he now has, he still takes after his parents, being noted to be one of the cheeriest of teachers in the academy.

Played by: Skyheart

• [​IMG]
      Professor: Caius Aster [100]
      Son of Sariel -- of Eternity and Trembling
      Bio: A Nephilim that bears the blood of demons and endured a harsh childhood under the care of his father Regulus Aster. Having been born in the depth of Hell itself, Caius Aster was nothing more than a guinea pig for Regulus twisted experiments. Had it not been for the love and care of the other Nephilim that resided with him in Hell, Caius was sure to of gone mad. Together along with the aid of the fallen angels, they were able to free themselves from the confines of Hell and work towards a brighter future. Devoting his heart to the adoptive daughter of his teacher Alistair Grey, Caius worked hard towards maintaining the academy. Adorned on his head are the horns of a demon, but they are always concealed with the power of invisibility, his demonic heritage being left a secret to only those that fought alongside him 100 years ago. He is usually seen with a bright and calm smile, typically being noted to be quite soft on his students, however, though its rate to see him upset, when he is, that smile is the last thing someone would want to see. He is a man that has devoted himself to the betterment of others, but the good professor seems to be more and more fatigued as time moves on…

Played by: TwilightBlader

• [​IMG]
      Angel: Harbonah -- Angel of Annihilation [????]
      Bio: After 'falling,' Harbonah spent centuries as a Dark Angel in Hell's army. During the Great War, she worked alongside them and began to develop feelings for a human named Adam Graham Pike. She died twice during the war, the second time due to a fatal stab wound with an obsidian blade. Later, it was discovered that the angels returned to heaven after being obliterated with the weapon. After several years pass, she was tasked with the role of Headmistress when the Nephilim academy opened, as a way to redeem herself for her former misdeeds.
      Played By: Hyuge

[​IMG]
    • I don't really know much about angels. Where can I pick a parent for my Nephilim child and learn about the different angels?
      By clicking this link, you can get a full list on available angels to choose from as parents for your Nephilim, along with a brief description as to what they were known for.

Is the school only occupied by our characters?

No, there is a large number of background characters that are also students and faculty -- both Nephilim and angels. While there may only be a small cast, the school has at least 100 occupants.

How does everyone fit in the school?

It is very large. There are three buildings. The main building consists of the classrooms, gym, dining hall, and lounge areas. The other two buildings are housing. One is for students, while the other is for everyone else. The main building has two floors, while the housing buildings each have three.

Where is the academy located?

The school is located in a remote countryside found in Wales.

Is there a specific design to the rooms, and can we have roommates?

The most detail put into room designs, is the floor plan. You can have your character customize it in any way they like. Feel free to provide an image as to what the bedroom design is and I will add it to the Resources section. As for roommates, all students will have one roommate. In other roleplays, I would pre-assign them; but given the nature of this rp, you can pick whom your character would room with. This can be done before the roleplay starts, or as long as another member is fine with it, you can make mention that this character is rooming with that character. Whatever works best.

Is there a limit to the amount of kids that can belong to an angel in Rise of the Nephilim?

Not necessarily, but that is a good question. Some of the angels have limits on the number of children they had, but most it doesn't matter if your character shares an angel parent with another. If you have a particular angel in mind, let me know and I can fill you in. It only really applies to angels that were in Fallen. The only one on the list that doesn't have a second child is Xathanael, but I don't think I put her on the list purely for that reason. I don't remember.
    • __// Pending ...
    • School Exterior
      School Interior Floor Plan
      Dormitory Floor Plan
      Headmistress' Office
      Cal & Caius' Room

[​IMG]
    Code:
    Nephilim
    Name:
    Appearance: [Will be small child to late teens]
    Angelic Parent:
    Originated: [Where are they from?]

• [​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Molly McFairden
      Appearance:
      Angel: Xathanael -- The Hidden One
      Originated: Ireland

• [​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Ellen Johnison
      Appearance: chilly
      Angel: Nuriel - The Totally Original and not overused power (read: Fire) of the Lord
      Originated: United Kingdom

[​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Jin Yongheng
      Appearance: Immortal
      Angelic Parent: Xi Wangmu - The Angel that Muriel got picked over- er, Angel of Immortality
      Originated: China

• [​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Lucas Dragomirov
      Appearance:
      Angelic Parent: Samael- King of the Wicked
      Originated: Russia

[​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Jayden Rhodes
      Appearance:
      Angelic Parent: Ahriman- Destructive Spirit
      Originated: USA

[​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Leo
      Appearance:
      Angel: Ariel- Archangel: Lion ( Hearth ) of God
      Originated: Greece

• [​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Albrecht Ernst

Appearance: Ω
      Angel: Azrael - Angel of Death
      Originated: Germany

[​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Faust Nero
      Appearance: Σ
      Angelic Parent: Kiraman Katibin - Noble Recorder
      Originated: Alaska

• [​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Marvel North [Real Name is Edward (Ed) Cunningham]
      Appearance: x
      Angel: Ahriman- Destructive Spirit
      Originated: United States

[​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Zoey North
      Appearance: child -- teen

[​IMG]
      Name: Hwan Seong
      Appearance:
      x
      Angelic Parent: Raphael- God Heals
      Originated: South Korea

• [​IMG]
      Angel
      Name: Elizabeth R. Valentine

Appearance:
      Angel: Abaddon - Angel of Destruction
      Originated: United States of America

• [​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name:
      Lucille Rosso
      Appearance: X
      Angelic Parent:
      Maalik - Guardian of the Hellfire

• [​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name: Evangeline Fairmont
      Appearance: O
      Angelic Parent: Camael- One who sees God

• [​IMG]
      Nephilim
      Name:
      Andrea Ness
      Appearance:
      Angelic Parent: Kuan Yin- Angel of Mercy
      Originated: Norway

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. Skyheart Joker

Angel
    Name: Ellen Johnison
    Appearance: chilly
    Angel: Nuriel - The Totally Original and not overused power (read: Fire) of the Lord
    Originated: United Kingdom

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Nephilim
    Name: Lucas Dragomirov
    Appearance:
    Angelic Parent: Samael- King of the Wicked
    Originated: Russia

4. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Angel
    Name: Albrecht Ernst

Appearance: Ω
    Angel: Azrael - Angel of Death
    Originated: Germany

5. Skyheart Joker

Nephilim
    Name: Jin Yongheng
    Appearance: Immortal
    Angelic Parent: Xi Wangmu - The Angel that Muriel got picked over- er, Angel of Immortality
    Originated: China

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Nephilim
    Name: Jayden Rhodes
    Appearance:
    Originated: USA

Angel
    Name: Leo
    Appearance:
    Angel: Ariel- Archangel: Lion ( Hearth ) of God
    Originated: Greece

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

All accepted. Two angel spots left.

@Moksha, you better do my baby justice or I will hurt you.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Blame Skyheart for again stealing an angel I was going to use

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

Angel
    Name: Marvel North [Real Name is Edward (Ed) Cunningham]
    Appearance: x
    Angel: Ahriman- Destructive Spirit

Nephilim
    Name: Zoey North
    Appearance: child -- teen

Name: Hwan Seong
    Appearance:
    x
    Angelic Parent: Raphael- God Heals
    Originated: South Korea

10. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Angel
    Name: Elizabeth R. Valentine

Appearance:
    Angel: Abaddon - Angel of Destruction

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Everyone is accepted.

Angel slots are filled. Only accepting Nephilim from here on out.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Nephilim
    Name:
    Lucille Rosso
    Appearance: X
    Angelic Parent:
    Maalik - Guardian of the Hellfire

Second character will come later.

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Accepted. Characters have been added. Please check to make sure everything is correct. Changes have been made per request, and the FAQs have been updated.

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Nephilim
    Name: Evangeline Fairmont
    Appearance: O
    Angelic Parent: Camael- One who sees God

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Accepted.

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Estimated start date is Monday, November 3rd. I will be officially moving to Wisconsin on Sunday and will have some time off of work after that so planning to get the thread going Monday. If anyone has banner requests, please let me know right away. I am extremely busy with work this week, but will have some time on Saturday while I'm procrastinating on my packing to work on them, should you desire it.

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Main thread is posted. Here

18. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Nephilim
    Name: Faust Nero
    Appearance: Σ
    Angelic Parent: Kiraman Katibin - Noble Recorder
    Originated: Alaska

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Accepted.

20. Doukuro Chaser