reconnecting

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by 61, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

spam zones gettin kinda real for a second pls just bear with it

I heard something in one of my classes the other day that encouraged me to be a little more proactive in establishing/reconnecting friendships. I got in touch with my old best friend and we're gonna meet up and try to do some catching up and stuff. It was one of those friendships where you peg it as the one you have your entire life, but parent stuff intervened and we drifted apart. I was all excited to try and begin rebuilding this oldest, closest friendship because I was starting to get a little tired with having only one real close friend irl, but when we were talking for the first time in years he mentioned that he's trying to move to another state. So now I'm all bummed out. I was hoping to have the friend who influenced my tastes so much back, he introduced me to comics and kh, and have someone else to talk to sometimes. I mean I know we're like adults and **** now and living different lives but I would be remiss in not trying to patch things up, I thought. but now it feels like what's the point

this got a little more real than i was expecting. i feel like help with life is reserved for questions and i'm not looking for help so much as just... expositing. so yeah. i don't know. will prob regret this in the morning. did you know i'm breeding roserade for the second time because **** me egg moves and ivs? no, you didn't.

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Has Kingdom Hearts taught you nothing (I'm not even trying to be a douche, I'm 100% serious). On the off chance your friend does move to another state, you still have him as well as your memories in your heart. You can't be with your friends forever, not all of them at least in a physical sense but as long as you cherish those memories then that person will be with you forever.

Sorry for going all serious anti-sarcastic, mushy, emotions Luxord on you there btw.

3. 61 No. B

it's not a matter of having friends forever it's a matter of having any friends at all

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Below, if he's as good a friend as you once thought, and you can make amends as quickly as possible, then you shouldn't give up on being friends even if he moves. It shouldn't matter where he lives and if you look at it on the bright side, then him moving gives you an excuse to travel. You can go on vacation to see him. My best friend is literally like the only friend I have away from the digital world now and she lives an hour away. We rarely talk and we are at two different places in our lives, but we still find time to see each other. We spent the day together for the first time in probably over a year last weekend and it was great. I have a friend that moved to Arizona a couple of years ago and while we don't talk often, we have been making plans for me to come down and see her when I can finally manage time off.

Just don't give up. I don't care what anyone says, you don't have to be able to see a friend on a daily basis for them to be a friend.

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

You have an entire forum of potential friends. Distance means nothing my man, before that argument pops up (in friendship anyways).

6. Amaury Defense Attorney

Hi, friend!