Help Page Shift Issue with Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yup, definitely seems to be a browser issue. However, I know that sometimes these can be fixed by Cassie or Mark as there have been browser-specific issues with styles back when we were on vBulletin that got fixed.

Anyway, I made a video regarding this issue. I didn't do as much on the Google Chrome-side as I know for a fact it isn't an issue there, but if you compare it to Mozilla Firefox, you should instantly see the issue. Sometime it does it correctly, but most of the time it doesn't.

The issue is that Mozilla Firefox will most of the time take you to the bottom of the page after making a reply from the advanced editor or clicking on the last post link (the link is the time it was posted), as you'll see in the video, instead of correctly going to your post -- it should always behave like I showed on Google Chrome.

Steps to Reproduce:
    • On Mozilla Firefox, go into a thread
    • Go into the advanced editor
    • Type something that's 20 or more characters, excluding staff since they are exempt from the character limit
    • Click Reply to Thread
    • Don't do anything and let it load

And / Or:

• Go into a forum
    • Click the latest post link (or just the thread link for the last new post)
    • Don't do anything and let it load

In either case, you'll be directed to the bottom of the page instead of your post. If it doesn't do it (as it does indeed do it correctly sometimes), try again or try again in another thread.

Do the same procedures on Google Chrome, and you'll see it's a non-issue.

If anyone else can confirm this themselves, please post here!

If this cannot be fixed, it may be a XenForo issue specifically, in which case, Cassie and Mark, as I know one of you has posting permissions in the support sections on XenForo, could you refer them to this thread containing the video and the steps to reproduce?

Here is the video (be sure to watch it on 480p and full screen):

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Decided to ask XenForo about this, too, and the issue seems to be with the tabs BB code.

He's going to look again, but it's not anything major if it can't be fixed.

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...sistent-on-mozilla-firefox.53216/#post-568888

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Appreciate it, @Misty.

Misty thinks this might be on my end, but seeing as it's not an issue on Google Chrome or other browsers, I don't think it could be me. Does anyone else have this issue on Mozilla Firefox? Here's a newer video with better quality showing the issue -- please watch in full screen and 1080p:

4. Misty gimme kiss

This isn't an issue for me with alerts or using quick reply, only when using the advanced editor. I want to do some additional testing regarding the tabs bbcode, like Mike suggested.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, quick reply isn't an issue even for me. This is because since it doesn't leave the page, so it doesn't have to shift. The issue, though, isn't so much with how you do it since they all go to the same place, it's with page shifting itself.

If you click on an alert regarding a reply to a thread, go to More Options to make a post, click on a thread title to go to the last new post or click on the timestamp of the latest post to go to the latest post, this will happen -- only on Mozilla Firefox, though. It'll very rarely do it properly on Mozilla Firefox, but the majority of the time it won't?

It's pretty obvious in the video -- at least I think it is -- but for a stationary comparison:

[​IMG]

That's how it loaded when I clicked on the alert showing you replied to this on Mozilla Firefox.

[​IMG]

That's how it loaded when I clicked on the alert showing you replied to this on Google Chrome.

As for tabs, what are you testing, if you don't mind my asking? Although I don't remember Mike bringing it up anywhere.