Anime Pokémon: The Origins

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Hiro ✩, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Screens:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Source: Serebii- http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Can I just say I'm incredibly excited for this!? Because I am! I really hope they include Leaf as a sort of pseudo-rival for Red in this!

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Oh my god. Yes! Woo!

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

I AM SO EXCITED DANG

I've always liked Red/Green (though this might be because of the Pokemon Adventures manga), but it'll be a really nice change of pace from Ash after all these years.

Although, it's still not clear if its a series or just a special, but I'm hopeful for a series. That'll also hopefully be a bit more mature than the current anime (or at least in a similar vein to the Raikou special a while back).

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

If they make a series and don't stick with the manga, I am going to be disappointed.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I was worried too, then I figured: what if it's a test to see how well an anime that's closer to the games will run? If its popular, they'll make a whole series, right? They did that with the current anime too. It was supposed to be an 18-month thing that ended with Kanto, but popularity made it spawn 15 more seasons, lol.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

YO WHAAAAAAAAT

7. Pinekaboo Chaser

Looks really great, honestly. The art style is slightly odd, since it doesn't really match the games or the current anime, but I kind of like it. It gives a unique and different feel to it. I, for one, will absolutely be hoping for a full series.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Just saw this on Serebii, and I am officially excited about this. For the fact that they finally decided to make an anime special based on the games, and we can finally see the epicness of Red and Green, not just in manga version but anime version as well...there's just too much to say about this. I also like the animation they're using for this one. I have no clue how to call it, or how to relate it, but it's a lot more smooth than the anime going on now, as well as, I guess the best I can come up with, "lively".
    What I'm interested in is that they have Red get Charmander instead of Bulbasaur. I guess now we know the canon version for the game when we play it again. :P
    I'm wondering if this will be a full on series though. I don't know why, but it feels like this is going to be more like what they did with Pokemon Chronicles and only do it for a little while. Either way, we're all looking forward to it.

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

WAS THAT CHARIZARD UNDER WATER >_<? POKEMON TRAINER LEVEL: GOD!

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Finally! A reboot! No more Ash! I really hope this becomes an actual series.

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

It's not a reboot, it's running before Pokémon XY, which stars Ash.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We all wish, my friend, we all wish. But this is just going to run beside the normal Pokemon. But we can hope that it goes on for a long time. I'm thinking that unless they didn't plan this all the way through already, for like 12 episodes or something like that, and if they have enough of a following, we might get something that follows the books.
    Hey, maybe that means we'll actually get a darker kind of anime, like how the manga is really dark at times

13. Krowley Moderator

A nice refreshing dose of Nostalgia. Feel like it's a good 15 years late, but hey, the original series was still great. Will be a nice change of pace from the Ash/Pikachu adventures. Also love the way the anouncer says the title; Pocketo Monsta - THE ORIGIN.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

FINALLY we get to see Red animated.

Wonder how long the series is going to run, hopefully at least to the battle with Gold on Mt. Silver, but I'd love if we got to see Red in the X/Y generation.

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

At the very least, it'll be cool to see it go through a lot of stuff like in the manga (even though it won't be the same, it'd be cool to get something similar), because than we get epic fights at the end with all the villains

16. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm totally excited for this!!!!! The Red/Green (Not the pairing) rivalry is my favorite one. And for the fact that we can get to see Red in Anime style for the first time...... Man......

But when I was younger, I thought Red was Ash for some reason.....

17. Pinekaboo Chaser

From what I've read, it's a one-off special that will go up to at least the battle against Giovanni, possibly a little further, but it won't go into any generation past the first.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, I basically figured that. But at the very least that can be about 12-14 episode, as long as they don't do a lot of worthless episodes that don't get anything done, but I doubt they'll do that with this. I'm still putting my money on them continuing it more some time in the future if it does well enough

19. Glen Returned from the dead

Never particularly been a big fan of the pokemon series since the first region came to an end, but I can't help but feel like this could be the one to change that!

20. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I don't know if the games after Black and White are in the same "universe" as the games before, before B/W there was always a main story even though there were multi-games , but since B/W there is clearly two new paralel universes even places that are in one are not in the other. So I don't know if the previous chronology ends up in Black or white, or is a new thing all together.. I am reading the mangas hopping that they respond this.