One Piece

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Heart ❤, Dec 25, 2012.

?

One Piece

1. Dub

14.3%
  2. Sub

57.1%
  3. Manga

14.3%
  4. Don't Read or Watch

14.3%
  1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

So I'm thinking of reading or watching One Piece, since I read and watch both Naruto and Bleach. Is it worth watching/reading? Should I watch the anime or read the manga? Dubs or subs for the anime?

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Don't do it. It's bad. In my opinion it is anyway, never really liked the concept, and it's been going on too long.

3. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

Whatever you do stay away from the dub. Its not only bad but they edit out a LOT of stuff to the point of it not making sense. They try to make it a kids show. Subbed is not bad, pretty good. I watched a decent amount of it. I haven't read the manga but from popular opinion I heard its the best option if you like reading.

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I agree, the dub version they got going around now is awful. I like the old dubbed version better but I can't find it around. As with any anime it'd be best to watch the subbed version to get the full effect of the show (even then there's still bits and pieces you miss sometimes unless you have a full understanding of the Japanese language) That would be your best bet to go for the sub.

It's an alright anime, compared to all the anime's i've seen. It's one of the longest however. Anyway, good luck with whichever you choose.

5. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

One Piece sub is much better than the dubbed version. I think that the dubbed version voices are a bit annoying.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Actually, the Funimation dub is a lot better than the 4kids version. The intro isn't that great, but they have all of the same episodes dubbed now as they do in sub.....well, ok, not ALL of them, but you know what I mean; what we have dub now is the same episodes, nothing has been excluded. Right now they're getting close to the Water 7 arc, which I'm looking forward to.

I would say actually read the manga, and watch dub, since the manga is farther, and you can get some of it in english. Sub is farther, but again, dub is the same episodes, just in english. They didn't even censor Sanji's smoking in the Funimation dub

7. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I have not been watching it subbed or dubbed. I have been reading it though, and I love it. Might start watching subbed again if I get the chance.

8. Mysty Unknown

Ah One Piece. An anime I still need to finish. Only on the 3rd Saga. Watch it though it is good. Just skip the filler and junk and it is in sync with the manga really.

9. Patman Bof

I just follow the manga. The animated series has a much slower pace, and One Piece isn' t exactly the shortest series ever to begin with. Also, I always favor subs over dubs, even when I don' t speak a word of the language involved.

I' ve watched a large chunk of the animated series though, I noticed its filler episodes aren' t nearly as annoying as those of Bleach or Naruto.