My Avatars

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Amaury, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

In response to the avatar discussion that got going in my Ah-hyuk thread, these are all the avatars I currently have that I edited myself and just thought I'd show them.

Please tell me what you guys think. If there are any stretching issues or something of the sort, like the Goofy one (which was fixed), please let me know so I can fix them. Also, I did not make these, I only cropped and re-sized them, so if you'd like to use any of these, credit to me will not be necessary.

Aang 1.png Aang 2.png Aang 3.png Aang 4.png Aang 5.png Zuko 1.png Zuko 2.png

Mako 1.png Mako 2.png Mako 3.png Mako 4.png Mako 5.png Mako 6.png Mako 7.png Mako 8.png Mako 9.png Mako 10.png

Jeremie 1.png Jeremie 2.png Jeremie 3.png Jeremie 4.png Jeremie 5.png Jeremie 6.png Jeremie 7.png Jeremie 8.png Jeremie 9.png Odd 1.png Odd 2.png Odd 3.png Odd 4.png Odd 5.png Ulrich 1.png Ulrich 2.png Ulrich 3.png Ulrich 4.png Ulrich 5.png

Crash 1.png Crash 2.png

Joe 1.png Joe 2.png Joe 3.png Joe 4.png Joe 5.png Tai 1.png Tai 2.png TK 1.png TK 2.png

The first one of Matt was actually done by @Ienzo, but I did it originally and then was looking for a sharper one, which Ienzo was nice enough to do, so I'm still including it. I'd still like to know where she found a different one of better quality, because that's the one I had, but I accidentally deleted it sometime before that Digimon username fad took place, and when I was searching on Google when we were doing the Digimon username fad, I found the same one, but of lower quality.

Cody.png Davis 1.png Davis 2.png Davis 3.png Izzy.png Ken 1.png Ken 2.png Matt 1.png Matt 2.png Matt 3.png Tai.png TK 1.png TK 2.png TK 3.png TK 4.png TK 5.png TK 6.png TK 7.png

Henry 1.png Henry 2.png Henry 3.png Henry 4.png Henry 5.png Kazu 1.png Kazu 2.png Kazu 3.png Kazu 4.png Kenta.png Ryo 1.png Ryo 2.png Ryo 3.png Takato 1.png Takato 2.png Takato 3.png Takato 4.png Takato 5.png Takato 6.png Takato 7.png

JP 1.png JP 2.png Koji 1.png Koji 2.png Koji 3.png Koji 4.png Kouchi.png Takuya 1.png Takuya 2.png Takuya 3.png Takuya 4.png Takuya 5.png Takuya 6.png Takuya 7.png Takuya 8.png Takuya 9.png Takuya 10.png Tommy 1.png Tommy 2.png Tommy 3.png Tommy 4.png

Marcus 1.png Marcus 2.png Marcus 3.png Thomas 1.png Thomas 2.png

Donald 1.png Donald 2.png Donald 3.png Donald 4.png Goofy 1.png Goofy 2.png

Angelo.png Hero.png Jessica.png Slime.png Yangus.png

Cloud 1.png Cloud 2.png

Jack Skellington.png Roxas.png Sora 1.png Sora 2.png Sora 3.png Sora 4.png Sora 5.png Sora 6.png Sora 7.png Sora 8.png Sora 9.png

Ash 1.png Ash 2.png

Otto.png

Spyro 1.png Spyro 2.png Spyro 3.png Spyro 4.png Spyro 5.png Spyro 6.png Spyro 7.png Spyro 8.png Spyro 9.png Spyro 10.png

Cosmo.png Timmy 1.png Timmy 2.png Wanda.png

Nala 1.png Nala 2.png Pumbaa.png Simba 1.png Simba 2.png Zebra.png

Omi.png Raimundo 1.png Raimundo 2.png

Joey 1.png Joey 2.png Joey 3.png Joey 4.png Joey 5.png Kaiba.png Yami 1.png Yami 2.png Yami 3.png Yami 4.png Yami 5.png Yami 6.png Yami 7.png Yami 8.png Yami 9.png Yami 10.png Yami 11.png Yami 12.png Yami 13.png Yami 14.png Yami 15.png Yami 16.png Yami 17.png Yami 18.png Yami 19.png Yami 20.png Yami 21.png Yami 22.png Yami 23.png Yami 24.png Yami 25.png Yami 26.png Yami 27.png Yami 28.png Yugi 1.png Yugi 2.png Yugi 3.png Yugi 4.png Yugi 5.png Yugi 6.png

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That's... a lot of avatars you got there Amaury.

3. Labrys King's Apprentice

Some of these shows your avatars are made after, brought back some mad nostalgia. Ahhh those were the bad times...

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

That is a large collection of avatars : 3 a few of them do have floating head syndrome but besides from that, cool. (Floating head syndrome: where it's just their head in the avatar when it should at least show a bit more than that like at least to a shoulder or something)

5. Karuta Reborn

I will forever picture you as a young Yugi Moto.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

If you tell me which ones, I can fix them. c: I know the Timmy Turner one with white background is one.

I won't be able to fix them all, though, as that's how some of them are unedited.

7. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

The only complaint I have (since floating head was mentioned) is that some of the avatars are scrunched up and aren't proportionally correct. Like fitting a too-tall photo into a small box, so it's all scrunched together to make it all fit.
    Other than that, love the stocks you used, and they are cool looking.

Also, kudos to you for fitting all these avatars into one thread, if I did that it'd be a million miles long... I still have all my avatars that I made since I started editing.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Which would those be? Willing to fix them. :)

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Pfft artists.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Ienzo, @Rissy: I went through some that I thought suffered the issues you mentioned. Please let me know if they are better or if the originals were better by comparing them to my OP above and if there are any others I may have missed:

Jeremie 2.png Jeremie 3.png Jeremie 4.png Jeremie 5.png Jeremie 6.png Jeremie 7.png Jeremie 8.png Jeremie 9.png Odd 2.png Odd 3.png Ulrich 1.png Ulrich 2.png Ulrich 4.png Ulrich 5.png

Henry 5.png

Donald 1.png Donald 3.png

Timmy 1.png

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

when you're resizing the image to fit into an avatar, hold shift and the proportions won't mess up

12. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I don't know if it's vertigo or something but when I was looking at some of your avatars, check the ones for Avatar and Legend of Korra, I noticed they were distorted. Make sure to crop on a 1x1 scale before resizing so there is no distortion. This keeps avatars nice and square while also keeping them from making me dizzy 0.o

Also as Enzy mentioned, try not to just capture heads when making avatars. It's nice when there's a little more to look at. That and it's kind of creepy to just see a head. ~~~ xD

I'd also recommend downloading GIMP. I don't use it personally, at least not anymore, but it's the closest thing to Photoshop you can get for free ... except when you get Photoshop fre-- *cough* Using GIMP you can not only crop and resize a lot better than online methods, you can manipulate (graphic image manipulation program) your images to make them more to your liking. Changing colors, blurring, filters. The possibilities are endless.

You've probably been told this before but make sure that you use images well above the size that you need. I often get HD images (1920x1080) when I'm making avatars (200x200) just because I don't have to worry about a loss in quality. You don't have to get images that large, that was just an example.

You had some pretty cool avatars. My favorite was the second one in Kingdom Hearts (the one of Roxas). For some reason it was like a nostalgia explosion when I saw that one. Not sure why.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

Some sizes I couldn't control. Like the Dragon Quest VIII ones, except for the slime, were originally 210 x 240.

Not sure what you mean by 1 x 1.

14. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

That's understandable. I normally turn to fan art in place of originals when I have trouble finding an adequately sized image.

1x1 is the same thing as 200x200 in terms of scale. It's like fractions ... sort of. 1x1 basically means a perfect square.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's what I do, then?

Test 1.png Test 2.png Test 3.png

16. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

It's because you're manually changing it to 200 x 200. For instance, in your example above, what you had cropped was 783 x 707 which is ....like a 783:707 ratio and not a 1:1. It's not a square. 783 x 783 would be a square (it's also 1:1, because 783/783 = 1), and it would nicely resize to 200 x 200. 783 x 707 would resize nicely to 200 x 181.

I don't know if MS Paint can easily do a fixed ratio selection or not, though. Paint.NET can and GIMP probably can, and both are free (Paint.NET is more like MS Paint, and tinier than GIMP).​

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I use FireAlpaca to resize stuff for avatars, so there's that instead of photoshop. It's also free and has a small program size.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

So there after cropping, I should have made it 783 x 783 and then 200 x 200?

19. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

No, you'd be forcing it to 783 x 783, therefore, stretching it. You need to crop it with a perfect square 1:1 ratio. And like I said, I don't think MS Paint can do that, unless you somehow manage to create a perfect square manually with the select tool...but good luck with that.​

20. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

When you crop, the dimensions should be 783x783, at least for this particular example. Once you have it matched then you can resize to 200x200. Gimp will do this with ease, I know.

Imagine it like this ... you have a rectangle that's 500 long by 100 tall (imaginary form of measurement) and you want to take a square out of that. You'd cut off a piece that was 100 long and 100 tall (simplistic). Now you want to shrink that piece to fifty by fifty. The only way you can do this without destroying the piece is to have the length and the tallness both be divisible by 1 and equal each other. 100 divided by 1 is one hundred which equals 100. The piece can be shrunk without causing any damage.

This was a very imaginative explanation but I hope the point gets across.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014