Movie Survey Thing for school

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fearless, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Yoooo I need at least five people to fill out a survey for a class. Don't worry, it's super easy, it's about movies and we're all nerds.

1. What image do you conjure up when you hear the word Fantasy Sci-Fi?

2. When you hear the genre Fantasy Sci-Fi, what films come to mind?

3. What characteristics do movies in the Fantasy Sci-Fi genre have in common?

4. What do you expect to see or understand from a movie poster?

2. Hayabusa Venomous

1. Kind of a cheat, but basically the opening of Final Fantasy VIII. Perfect mix of science fiction and fantasy, with magical summoned creatures and spells mixed with space travel and robots.

2. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Marvel's The Avengers. Basically a mixture of fantasy and science fiction, which means stuff like Alien and The Iron Giant don't work with the genre to me.

3. Combinations of lore, advanced technology, mysticism, classic roles such as knights and emperors given technological overhauls.

4. A basic tease of the film's major themes and aesthetic.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Yoooo I need at least five people to fill out a survey for a class. Don't worry, it's super easy, it's about movies and we're all nerds.

Your mom. (Star Wars, Luke Skywalker acting like a boss with a lightsaber.)

Your mom. (Star Wars)

Your grand mother. (Pretty colors, space ships and stars)

How your mom looks. (The main character in the movie and possibly some scenery that might appear in the movie.)

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Thanks for the answers~

Bumping 'cause I still need three more.

5. Patman Bof

Something Star Wars or Final Fantasy related. Final Fantasy might be more likely since it has "Fantasy" in the title.

From the top of my head Star Wars, The Matrix, Spirits Within, Avatar ...
    Let' s face it though, Star Wars and The Matrix are the only ones that pop up immediately. I have to rack my brains to think of others.

They' re all modern mythologies.

Not much. I have never ever chose to watch a movie based on its poster alone. Not unless the poster/title tells me it' s an adaptation of something I' m already familiar with.

6. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Final Fantasy because I saw "Fantasy" and then just Final Fantasy.

Harry Potter for some reason, idk.

Fantasy and Scifi.

A movie.

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Space Dragons.
    Seriously speaking, I think of something like the Thor movies. There's fantasy elements(the Asgardians/Aesir, the Dark Elves, there's magic and etc.) and there's also science. In fact, in Asgard, magic and science are the same thing!

I already said Thor and Thor 2. But I suppose Avatar and Star Wars would work too. Since there's Space Dragons in the Expanded Star Wars universe. TRON and TRON: Legacy would also fit in the genre I suppose. Though more leaning toward the Sci-Fi as opposed to the Fantasy.

A mixture of what we would consider mythological/supernatural and what we would consider scientific/technological. For example, Elves( or something akin to them) living on another planet though capable of space travel.

I suppose it depends on the movie poster in question. If the poster has a character line-up, I expect to see those characters in some way. If it depicts an event, I expect to see said event. Some posters can be misleading so I don't put a lot of faith in them. A poster is an advertisement for the movie. And I know that the purpose of an advertisement is to sell the product in question.

8. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Thanks so much you guys! You were a big help.