Help Message count deleted?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by mike112291, Mar 7, 2013.

1. mike112291 Moogle Assistant

So I have been more active on the site recently and my message count has been going up, and after I deleted one post my message count dropped back completely to zero when I still had other posts that are still currently on the site. I went up to four today and after I deleted the post it all disappeared and now it says that my message count is back to zero which makes no sense. Help please?

Edit: this brought my count back to one, but it should still be at two or three.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Staff might have deleted your posts for some reason.

I'll let them know this thread's here.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Your two other posts were in the Roleplaying sections, where you only get +1 to your message count if your message is above a certain number of characters.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

Hey, I just had this happen to me too.

What happened was, I was in the rp arena and posted a small sentence(that did not count as a post) for someone so they could post again. I did this twice in a row then deleted the sentences(that did not count as posts) and my post count went from it's original 321 to 319... posting in here will bring it up to 320 but this did happen and I wanted to bring it up.

The thread was 100 days btw, I had posted sentences between these three posts

5. Misty gimme kiss

Ah wow okay, just tested it and it is true, sorry about that. I've reported the issue and it should be fixed soon. Will keep you guys updated.

6. Jayn

Not meaning to rush you, haha, but any updates on this? I just realized it's been doing it to me, too, and I've deleted like 100 of my posts. //casually hyperventilates.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I've reported the issue to the dev who made the add-on for us, he's not replied yet. :c I can try him again, though.

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Just wanted to point out that this is still an issue. Deleting thread bumps detracts from message count. I know you said you were waiting on a reply, but it was slightly over two months ago so I didn't want it to get forgotten about.

Sorry for being a pest.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's normal behavior?

For example, If you reply to a thread in Discussion and your post count is 5,000, replying will make it 5,001. However, if you decide to delete it, your post count will go back to 5,000.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

No. We're talking about submitting posts that do not count and then when you delete it it detracts from your post count Amaury. So if I posted to bump a thread and it was not countworthy [ like in the RPA you need like 1200 characters for it to count ] and then your message count goes down after it is deleted when it didn't go up for that post in the first place.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

I actually saw a post from Misty about that on XenForo Community earlier.

12. Misty gimme kiss

I do know about the issue and am still waiting to hear back from the dev.

13. Misty gimme kiss

Sorry for the huge delay on this guys, the developer who took my request to make the add-on just wasn't replying. Regardless, I updated the add-on last night and tested it a bit, so it should be working properly now. Please let me or Jayn know if you're noticing any more problems.