Marvel's Agents of Shield |Hail Heroes|

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, Agent Ward?"
    "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division."
    "And what does that mean to you?"
    "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out 'shield.' ... It means we're the line between the world and the much weirder world. We protect people from news they aren't ready to hear. And when we can't do that, we keep them safe."

S.H.I.E.L.D.
    "I swore an oath; we all did. To serve when everything else fails, to be humanity's last line of defense...
    to be the shield.
    "

Based in the US of A, S.H.I.E.L.D. is an international agency that specializes in strange and alien occurrences, tasked with the containment and study of "secrets the world isn't ready for." A highly secretive and globe-spanning organization, S.H.I.E.L.D. is the personification of the modern "spy." After the Battle of New York in 2012, S.H.I.E.L.D. has made a name of itself dealing with superheroes and supervillains, gifted individuals using their incredible gifts for either good or evil. The Battle of New York is the perfect example of this due to the Avengers stopping the evil Asgardian god Loki and his army of alien Chituari forces from taking over the Earth. S.H.I.E.L.D. played an integral part in the formation of the Avengers. Now that the world is safe -from Loki, at least- S.H.I.E.L.D. has been made much more public. One of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s longest-standing missions has been handling the mutant subspecies since the public reveal in 1973, but the organization was formed in the wake of the defeat of Hydra -the advanced science division of the Third Reich- during World War II.

In the wake of the Battle of New York, Level 8 Agent Eric O'Grady has been tasked with forming a task squad to gather intelligence on low-priority subjects. To this end, O'Grady has gone to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academies of Operations, Sci-Tech, and Communications to find recruits for his task squad, as well as taking in graduated Agents of various Levels. Given a military transport aircraft as a mobile base of operations, Agent O'Grady's team will be given missions to search for and investigate certain subjects and events while investigating The Rising Tide 'hacktivist' group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.