Mafia [Mafia] The Masquerade in Salem ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Light swells around your eyelids. This is the sixth sunrise since you were trapped in this godforsaken place. You begin to wonder how long it will go on like this as you make your way to the main hall once again. The body barely gives you pause; the morbidity of your situation is a well-established fact by now.

anelg has been murdered. She was Sofia Mycroft, famous author and close personal friend of the late Miss. Though she wrote mysteries for a living, she never thought her own life would come to resemble one of her novels; it seems she was not prepared. She was aligned with the Town, and had no special abilities.

D A Y • S I X

Something's not right. You get the inkling suddenly and without warning, and a nervousness wells within you. You look around... take a quick headcount... and then your heart sinks. Your number is down to twelve—rather, seven to five.

The Town is in danger of losing the game. If they lynch another of their own, and the Mafia scores another kill, they will be overrun.

With 12 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 3 to soft-lynch. Day ends Thursday, May 1st, 7:30 P.M. (GMT-5).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

( just hopping back from the dead to wish the remaining townies luck. you're gonna need it, guys )

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh christ I'm scared

4. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Well damn. This does not bode well for the Townies. At all.

5. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

omf wtf this is legit scary

6. 61 No. B

chillax guys we got this

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

THEY KILLED MY CAT!!!! THOSE BASTARDS!!!! THOSE HEARTLESS FUCKERS!!!! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM ANYWAY?!?!?!

I... will avenge her. We must get her killers.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

[ghost talk]Cause the town's been doing a crackerjack job on that. WooooOOOOOoooo... [/ghost talk]

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

DEAD PEOPLE GET ONE POST SHHHH

10. jafar custom title

woah, hey guys, we're not totally boned yet. this is our last shot, so let's stick together and work this out.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I... I don't even know anymore, man. There goes many different theories I had. Well guys, what's the next step? We can't afford to kill another Townie today. Literally.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

Alright... here's my issue right now. I'm really bummed over the fact that burnitup was not mafia, because I really thought I was getting somewhere. But no... I was completely wrong. And while I never thought of Cat as a mafia member, it really doesn't feel good seeing her offed.

So I've been slowly making my way through the thread, trying to re-read the situation and look at things with a different light. Hell, I've even taken a second look at Jiku's numbers and you guys know how much I don't like those. This is what I've noticed so far:

-Beau, despite having been a recently active participant in conversation, has never voted to lynch anyone.
    -The are a couple of people on here that the second their names are mentioned in accusations (Princess, skull joke) even if there aren't votes, they seem to get a little jumpy. It might just be natural reaction, but I notice it enough to where they can't get off of my radar.
    -I still have not gotten a clear reason why DigitalAtlas suspects me as mafia despite asking for it... on multiple occasions [this one's just more of a personal thing]

This... also may be wrong, but ever since Jiku started the number system... I haven't seen her vote. Kind of like she put the list out and stepped back to let us do the talking, but I didn't go back far enough to see if maybe she did the first time... but that alone is bugging me too.

I'm trying to see if there is some sort of pattern, but I really don't think I'm going to find one because it would be really stupid of the mafia to leave an easily connecting pattern. Whatever pattern I thought they had was broken when Cat was killed.

I have no votes yet, it's too early in the morning for me feel comfortable accusing anyone because well.. I'm not fully conscious. And because of this I might be wrong with some of these points.

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

__// Vote: Princess

14. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I remember jiku making that vote. Nova also had it recorded. I'm not doubting your feelings Leeb, just confirming that Jiku had voted.

16. Jayn

{ Ugh. Okay, well. I'm not all that surprised but it was worth a shot and now I don't know where to start. :/ }
    { What does that mean to you? }

{ wait why? o: }

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

18. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

..Time out.... Why are those two statements connected? If you never thought of her as mafia, it of course wouldn't feel good. If you thought she was mafia, this statement would make sense... but instead it shows a sense of union with the dark side....

"And while I was always suspicious of Cat being mafia, it doesn't feel good to see her go." That makes more sense.

Hmmm....

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I think that we should hold off on voting just yet, Hyuge, because we want to make sure we lynch the most likely suspect this time. I'm not entirely sure how on earth we lynched Burnitup, everything was going so well, everyone was talking through things, and then on the last day his name got thrown up there and everyone just... went along with it. O.O

So, I think that, as this could very well be our last day anyway, everyone should make a list of their top five Mafia suspects, and why. Then, everyone who made it on a list can try and defend themselves. I know there will be a lot of repeated questions and it can be tedious to make the same defense over and over, but I really think this is our best bet. The night before the last day in the Day Phase, we could take all the suspects and put them all on a list, in order from most suspected to least suspected, and we can talk over who to vote from that list.

This is just a suggestion, and it's far from a surefire system. What do you guys think? Should we give this a try? If so, can you make any suggestions to improve this system? Or do you think this is dumb? This is our last chance, after all. I don't want to lead everybody into some dumb thing that won't work, not with the game at stake.

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

holy crap everyone quoted me hold on.

My bad. Like I said, I didn't get that far. I actually wrapped up that part with 2 minutes left before I had to run to the bus. Now that I think about it I probably shouldn't have added it at all since I was so uncertain about it.

I just don't understand why he hasn't delved into it. I always get this impression" "Oh... I don't find anyone suspicious... but I'm popping in to say something so you people know I'm still around so you don't vote me off because you people were voting off people who didn't talk."

Which I get that. But I would think he should find something suspicious about somebody at this point. How can we be in this far without him even considering anyone? I dunno... it bothers me.

You are reading way too much into it. It was 6am, I worded it pretty badly but I did not mean for it to sound the way you are making it seem. Even the rewording you made was wrong, this is how it would best be put.

"I wasn't ever suspicious of Cat being mafia, and now that we know that she definitely wasn't, it doesn't feel good to see her go."

Anyway, the rest of the quotes just were hyuge confirming jiku voting and using one of my statements as an explanation for why she is voting for Princess. So...

I really don't have anything more to add here right now. I'm just, trying my best not to accuse someone immediately because that clearly has not worked before.