Mafia [MAFIA] [GAME OVER, TOWN VICTORY] The Classic Setup: Game 1

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Makaze, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

5 minutes isn't enough time for an analysis, but did tale play a major role in getting Cat here? I mean in the off chance that we did get two Mafia on the chopping block they wouldn't be able to come out clean so it makes sense for them to push for the other.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

If Tale is Mafia, I would be inclined to believe that Mixt is slightly more likely to be town
    IN BEFORE DAY END HOPEFULLY

As far as I can tell without actually looking back, Tale hasn't pushed for anything. That would be something to like at Midnight's logs for.[DOUBLEPOST=1467774078][/DOUBLEPOST]CRAP STINKING EARLY DRAFTS!!! ERASE WHEN I BACKSPACE AND THEN LEAVE A PAGE, PLEASE.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

DAY 2 FINAL VOTE COUNT:

tale (5) - Judge Sunrose, al215, Cat~, Mixt, Marushi
    Cat~ (4) - Mish, Ghost, cstar, tale
    Marushi (1) - Calxiyn

Not voting (1) - Midnight Star

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

DAY 2 HAS ENDED.

VOTES ARE LOCKED. DO NOT POST.

. : tale : . has been lynched. He was Vanilla Town.

Night 2 has begun. Night 2 ends at 11 PM EST/EDT on July 6. There are approximately 24 hours until phase end.

DO NOT post in the thread. Send your night actions via Private Message or quicktopics.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1467860420][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Day 3 has begun.

NIGHT 2 RESULTS:

al215 has been killed. He was Vanilla Town.

You may post.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to hammer.

Day 3 ends at 11 PM EST/EDT on July 9. There are approximately 72 hours until phase end.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HEY GUYS DAY STRARTED FUCK POST AUTOMERGE

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay, I find it pretty suspicious that Cal is still alive. Though this could be for one of two reasons: either because she cannot be killed by mafia due to being mafia, or because mafia wants to leave her alive so we lynch another townie.
    Since she's out of the country at the moment her replies are likely to be limited, but I think we should get all the info we can out of her.

She also stuck up for Al as a townie, and what do you know she was right. Maybe he was killed off to draw suspicion onto her?

Ugh, I'm probably overthinking it but I just wanna approach this from every angle before we come to a decision whether or not to lynch.

But we could both also have been town? There was absolutely potential for one of us to be mafia, but there was also potential for neither of us to be mafia. Just because two people are gunning for each other, doesn't mean they're on opposite sides, especially in a game where only the mafia and a cop really know certain people's given role.

I do think you have a point about mafia being hyperaware of votes against their fellow mafia members, but that speculation is best saved for a time when we've actually gotten to a mafia member first.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Lol, sorry, Nova. XD I did see the daystart, but as it was STINKING 11PM and I'm really tired, I thought I could wait until morning to post. The only reason I was still on was to see who had died. XD

I'm on my phone in bed half asleep, so bear with me everybody. XD

I think that Cal is probably less likely to be Mafia now. I know, her being alive is hardly proof, since Mafia can't kill their own, but the reason I think that is because I'M still alive.

My theory was that if Mafia left me alive, that I was probably WAY off about at least SOMETHING, and since I was already acting suspiciously AND my posts were generating potential Cop leads, they would leave me AND Cal alive so that we would both waste the day trying to lynch each other.

As Al was the one who was killed, I think this is very likely to be the case, seeing as how he was the source of the whole Cal debacle.

I still think there is a POSSIBILITY that Cal is Mafia, but she is no longer my top suspect, and I have nothing further to say on the matter.

As far as the part I played in Tale's death, which I'm sure a lot of you have questions about, I'm sorry to say that all I can tell you in my defense is that I had a Secret Secondary Case against Tale, that I couldn't share (and still can't) because it involved role-speccing. I turned out to be wrong, but as I've saoid before, I'm really bad with roles.

Speaking of roles, I don't intend to carry on with my previous attempt to get Cal to admit something. I can reveal now that I was trying to get her to claim the role at least somewhat in order to save herself, and as I have evidence that she's not the cop and can't think of a reason for her to have planted that evidence if she was, I thought an admission would be an admission of guilt. This didn't happen, however, which is further reason why I'm off Cat for now.

If anyone still thinks my move was too risky, I don't blame you. I knew that it was risky, and in fact, during the whole time that plan was in motion, you will notice I did not prod or tag a single person to come in and respond, I only responded to the people who were already there. This was to give the cop the chance to hang back among the rest of the numerous busy and inactive Players if they so chose, and not risk revealing themselves. Hopefully, that at least gives you proof that I was at least THINKING about protecting the Cop, even if you think I did a bad job of it.

Now then. I will post more tomorrow by way of actual cases and planning, and I hope this is enough for anyone who wants to know why I didn't post yet *ahem Nova.* XD

Suffice it to say, I'm very glad I'm still here. XD It was a major risk I was taking and I felt if I survived, it would be cutting it really close. XD

P.S. Cat, I just saw your post. The rest of it can wait for tomorrow, but the reason I was giving reads on what I thought Tale's alignment would be if you were Mafia/what I thought your alignment would be if he were Mafia, was because I felt I only had a 50/50 chance of seeing this day, and wanted to get some preliminary deductive reasoning out for the benefit of others if that were the case.

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm glad I'm alive another day, because I want to talk about the little switch-a-roo that happened yesterday. I was sure that Cat was going to be voted, so I happily went to sleep but then I woke up and something very different happened.

I think it's a bit odd that Mixt was the one who basically changed the towns entire plans for the night. Not that people were super suspicious of Cat, but definitely more so then Tale.

Obviously we were a bit split, but even still. I still think Cat may be Mafia and Mixt basically saved her ass, so they are both at the top of my list.

Midnight also never voted, but to be fair I guess my vote ended up being stupid for now so I can't comment on that too much. It's not that Mixt voted for Tale or was saving Cat that makes me worried, but it's the fact that they, I mean at least Mixt pulled that switch on us. Granted we did have some extra time so anyrhing can happen, and Mixt could also just be a town going through with what he believes in. But I still think it's a little suspect.

Hi. If you leave posts for me at night you guys time I'll see them and be able to reply in the morning, then when I go to bed it's late afternoon around there so I'll check for some replies. I mean right now it isn't exactly prime time posting time or anything so I don't think we'll be slow going xD

See I figured the Mafia would kill another town and lynch me today. However, I continued to say that throughout the day yesterday, and they still kept me xD so I guess they weren't afraid of people changing their minds? Or they may have another plan.

Regardless I think looking at Mixt today is a good idea. A couple other people were suspicious of them and up until now they've been flying under the radar low enough not to be lynched because we've had other targets but has now slowly asunder upward.

Now to go back to Marushi, I think she either had no choice but to lynch Tale in her eyes or she still may be Mafia, but I'm less worried about her and more about Mixt. But right now I'm thinking

1. Mixt
    2. Cat
    3. Marushi
    4. Midnight
    5. I think we should talk about Cstar
    6. Mish

Cstar and Mish also have the "under the radar" Sort of vibe going on. The easiest answer is that they're just town and that's why lol, but I think we should look at them anyway. However they aren't high priority.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'll admit I was being a bit impulsive at the end of the last day. Cat being late to respond threw me through a bit of a loop. But as it stands, while there are reasons to suspect Cat, my instinct was saying to go after Tale. He did fit the profile of the quieter player, that I think we've all said that at least one member of Mafia is likely to be. And yes, I do realize that I fit that bill too. Although I have also been trying to shake that and play the game a bit more intensely, which was a major factor in me moving away from my intentional non-vote I declared when Cat was still MIA.

Just to be clear though, I was not protecting Cat. I actually find Cat suspicious as well (as I said in the analysis Marushi requested of me), I just felt going after the profile instead of a string of small events was smarter. What I was more interested in was Cat's response to being under suspicion. And we never really got that yesterday because it looked like her death warrant was signed when she got here. In hindsight by building the case without Cat here we may have ended up in an echo chamber and convinced ourselves there is more there than really is. Or maybe I'm just too much of a softie. Regardless, before we lose the train of thought I'm going to Vote: Cat~ as to force the defense to yesterday's accusations.

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Huh, wasn't expecting Al to be killed. I guess it may be because he wasn't really suspected at all (they're less likely to kill someone who is suspected as we are more likely to lynch them) and also he was quite helpful to the town, without giving us that much information from his death.

Cal still being alive is suspicious (though I'm really glad whoever the cop is, they have another read). Mafia might have left her alone because either they couldn't because she's mafia or they didn't think she was actually cop and since she's under lots of suspicion she's likely to get lynched. Honestly, if she turns out to just be a vanilla townie, they probably made the right decision. However because she's still alive, I'm all for putting her back under lots of scrutiny.

Also I'm not surprised they didn't kill you, Marushi, even if you are town you are throwing around a lot of suspicions. While some of these may be correct, others won't be. For someone as active and influential as you, it wouldn't be unusual if you accidentally set your sights on a townie and got them lynched. I'm still a bit suspicious of you and think you could be mafia. However, the point I'm making is that I don't think mafia would have killed you tonight.

Additionally I want to warn people in advance that my activity today and tomorrow may be a lot less than usual as my boyfriend is visiting me and staying over so I won't be able to come on as much. I might be back to normal activity levels by tomorrow evening though.

10. Mish smiley day!

What a very interesting chain of events.... A number of things happened which I wasn't expecting

1. Cat didn't get lynched (you go to bed earlier and look what happens)
    2. Cal wasn't killed
    3. Al was killed (I kind of expected to die if Cal didn't)
    4. The cop is STILL alive woo

Soo. What to do going forward.. Let's look at the scenarios I posted a couple of days ago:

Guess I'm glad Cal ignored me and didn't reveal anything yesterday derp.

We're now down to 9 players, 3 of whom are mafia. The cop has THREE reads. The likelihood of the mafia killing the cop in the next night cycle is very high (basically a 1 in 3 chance - I did the maths). For that reason, I believe now is the time for the cop to reveal themselves. Otherwise we will learn nothing! If the cop talks, we will have FOUR confirmed roles, including the cop. 4/9 is all we need to win.

I'm already lead to believe that Cat and Mixt are mafia due to what happened in the previous day, but it would be good to know for certain.

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I understand where you are coming from here though another option for the cop is to wait, make sure their reads are obvious if we read their posts in hindsight and only reveal if we are going to lynch someone they know is town. If we are going to lynch someone that they know is town then I fully agree they should reveal and stop us, but if we wait it out they have a chance of surviving another night. Also it's possible that some of their reads have already died. If they only now have one or two reads on people still alive, would you still advise them to reveal?

12. Mish smiley day!

Yeah.. the point about the cop's reads already being dead kind of puts a damper on my whole plan lol. I'm still almost certain that the cop will die in the next night cycle though, so it's really hard for me to ignore the opportunity of learning roles while we still have the chance.

If the cop only had one or two reads, I guess it'd be better to just keep quiet unless, like you said, we were about to lynch another known town AND UNLESS they know about a mafia member who is someone that we haven't highly suspected yet. So if say they know that cstar or Ghost is mafia, I think that would be useful to know.

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I actually don't think that continuing to scrutinize Cal will do anything for us at this point. All the points made about Cal yesterday are still out there for view, and yes, she isn't free from suspicion, but I don't think there's much more to talk about. In my opinion, continuing to interrogate Cal will only waste this game day. If you all want to lynch her on the last day of this phase, it makes sense and I'd agree that it would be a smart decision, though whether it be the right decision is yet to be seen. And if you want to continue asking her questions about reads and teams and what have you, that's also a good idea. But as for building cases and scrutinizing Players, I believe it would be a better use of our time to focus on other players, if anything because everyone knew that Cal was today's likely lynchee. While Cal might have reiterated that we might have dropped her case today, nobody else said so. And as I've been prone to tunnel-vision in the past, and am also easily swayed by the opinions of others, I can easily see how the Mafia might have thought that I at the very least would just swing right back into trying to convince everybody to lynch Cal.

If you want to lynch her, go ahead, but in the meantime, let's scrutinize other people and build better leads.

Also, I DO NOT think that the cop should reveal themselves. In my opinion, the only reason the cop should reveal themselves this day phase is not even to save a confirmed Townie, but probably only if they have a confirmed Mafioso. Even then, I don't think the Cop should reveal themselves until the last day of this Day Phase. If the cop, by some miracle, has a Mafioso in the bag, they should ask questions about that person, and direct questions to that person, and look for actual evidence in the thread that they are Mafia, and bring that evidence to light. If the cop knows a Mafioso, try to get them hung without revealing your role, if possible. If you bring someone under enough suspicion that others are following you and you believe you can lynch them and still stay safe, do so. Don't reveal your role yet.

Now then. I want to talk about that last-minute switch.

I don't think that Mixt and Cat are on the same scum-team. While it's true that Mixt played a hand in saving Cat by voting for Tale, he does provide good reasoning for it, and he's telling the truth that he's been trying to provide longer, more stance-driven posts, and take more risks. This move he made fits in with that bill. Aside from this, Mixt calling attention to Cat's switch just might get Cat lynched, when there was a 50/50 chance that Cat would be saved and could slip through the cracks and nobody would be the wiser. While Mixt seems to believe that Cat's vote wasn't really a big deal and was more of something worthy of note, I disagree.

To me, it felt underhanded and sneaky, and while it's true that Cat might just be a townie who wasn't really thinking things through, I find it highly suspect, and is a crafty move that I would expect of a Player like Cat. Adding this sneaky vote to the list of suspicions I already have on Cat makes me think she is very likely to be Mafia.

And if she is, I think that Mixt is not as suspect as Judge Sunrose would be. Now I've already talked about the potential buddying between Blaine and Burnitup, so I won't go there, but while Mixt might have spearheaded the switch to Tale last night, Judge Sunrose sat closely behind Mixt, providing suggestions and reasons as to why Tale was more suspicious than Cat and why I should land my tiebreaker on Tale. If Mixt was Théoden signing Tale's death warrant, Judge was Wormtongue whispering in his ear to do so. Therefore, if Cat is Mafia, I'm almost certain that Judge Sunrose is on Cat's team.

On the note of Judge Sunrose, they have actually been just about as silent as Tale was, except for when they were questioning Tale. If we lynch another 'Quiet Member,' it's my opinion that it should be Judge Sunrose.

However, now talking about quiet members brings me to Cstar and Ghost. The two of them are still much much too quiet, especially for this late in the game. When Mixt was called out for being quiet, he upped his post count and his post content drastically. In fact, although he's not clear by a long shot, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that I think Mixt is very likely town. But Cstar and Ghost have been repeatedly prodded as quiet members who need to talk more, to no avail. Judging by the content in their posts and the things other people have said about them, I think that Cstar is more suspicious than Ghost, meaning that in my opinion, the order of suspicion among the quiet ones is as follows:

1. Judge Sunrose
    2. Cstar
    3. Ghost

Now then. I believe that Midnight Star is seeming more and more suspicious with very time I look at her posts. Midnight has posted frequently and she has posted long, substantial posts, and she has the log going for her. All in all, she appears very pro-town. However, if you actually look at any of her posts, she almost never gives a decided opinion on anything. The majority of what she posts have been basically explanations of how the game is played, intermixed with advice for other players to investigate, and basic responding to other players. Whenever she does actually give opinions on something, she almost invariably responds with a 50/50, 'could go either way' read, which comes across as very slippery and wishy-washy to me. She could likely be a Mafioso who's trying to avoid hard opinions so as not to leave a paper trail.

And speaking of the paper trail, Midnight has made logs in almost every game that I can remember, but something about this one seems off to me. Maybe it's because she has admittedly only focused on the quiet players. The people who haven't said much, and who's posts are far less likely to actually be worth really looking into. For something that could be the most helpful and pro-town thing Midnight has going for her, I find it decidedly fixed to only show what can't get us strong, decided results.

On top of that, we seem to have forgotten that Krowley and G-Dog, both confirmed townies, found Midnight to be suspicious and included her in their top reads. Krowley didn't leave behind much reason; his public suspicions on Midnight were that she and Cat had posted the most and could be clever and devious Mafioso hiding behind activity- this is not a tell. But! It's worth noting that with all the activity over Calxiyn and Al, nobody bothered to look at Midnight.

G-Dog's case against Midnight was again, not very convincing, because who can make a convincing case so early in the game? There's nothing to go on. However, if you take the time to read his case, he actually makes some very interesting points. For instance, he states in one post that he thinks it was suspicious for Midnight to react with such 'pleasant surprise' at Cal's early case on her and then simultaneously praise her analysis while strongly proclaiming that it was based on almost nothing and dismissing it without further acknowledgement. He found this to be suspicious, and theorized that it was possible Cal had caught an early lead on her and she intentionally thanked her and dismissed her to cover her skin. - Again, this is not a hard tell.

But if there was one thing G-dog did with his post, it was show that even with the language barrier that kept us all from fully understanding each other, he was willing to actually go through and read every page of the thread at that time, in order to try and build a case against his read. He also showed willingness to try and change, and I believe that his lynch was a lynch of convenience as well as the neutralization of a future threat. He definitely had posted more theories than Cstar, Ghost, Mixt, Tale, Burnitup, and Heart had at that time, and yet he was the 'quiet lynch' for day one. I believe that the Mafia saw his potential and then used the language barrier to easily convince town to take him out for them. And then I believe that they killed Krowley that night, in order to keep him from continuing to analyze things the next day.

Taking into account that Calxiyn also has been suspicious of Midnight since day one, and remembering that the reason Cal even got onto Midnight's case in the first place because Midnight was defending Blaine - One of the only Players Mid has actually seemed to agree with and talk freely with, who, when asked about Cat, gave a 50/50 read - I think that Midnight is probably Mafia.

In fact, I have a potential Scum-Team figured out, subject to change as we see fit:

Midnight Star
    Cat~

Judge Sunrose

I believe that the three of them might be our Mafia this game. What does everyone else think of this?

Anyway, I have a lot of stuff to do today, so I won't be obsessively watching this thread like I normally do, I'll instead sort of leapfrog, alternating between doing Things and writing posts, though I'll try to keep up on my phone in the meantime.

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

To respond to the assumption that Mixt and I are both on the same team, look at it this way: if Mixt is the only mafia out of the two of us and he tips the scales in my favor when everyone suspects me, clearly people will start going after me in the next day phase since I lived somehow yesterday. Hell, he's already thrown out a vote for me, potentially to try and get the ball rolling. Plus he fit the quiet profile of people we were suspecting earlier and he's just now trying to post more since those people are getting lynched.

I do agree with Midnight that whoever the cop is they need to make their mafia reads clear so if they die tonight we can start with their #1 pick if they investigated them.

I know you guys are suspicious of me, but let's use the time to start questioning other people. No need to immediately lynch me, or anyone else for that matter, and waste the discussion time.

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I agree about Mixt. If you are Mafia, I don't think he is, and if he is Mafia, I don't think you are. It's possible that you're both town, but I don't think you're both Mafia. I think that if anyone had a hand in saving your neck yesterday, it was Judge, using Mixt as a smokescreen.

Like I said in my wall post (I'm only repeating it now for people who don't have the time or inclination to read through that post) I don't think the cop should reveal themselves. I think that the cop should only reveal themselves today IF they have a Mafioso bagged and IF they try to get that Mafioso lynched using other methods and aren't successful. And IF this is the case, I don't think they should reveal themselves until the last 24 hours of the game day. As long as there is the chance to keep the Cop anonymous, I think we should do so.

Nobody's immediately lynching you. You have one vote so far. As long as we're not pushing for a hammer, I fail to see how it's beneficial to question other people and not you. I think that you and Midnight have a lot to answer to. Yes, we should also still look at other people, but you suggest we should leave you be for now. Why?

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

I have not been called out for being a quiet member and being told to post more. I have posted when people asked opinions and responded to discussions people were in the middle of having, calling them out or speaking my thoughts on what they said. And it was usually without nudges, with the exception of when Midnight asked for my mafia and town reads.

I recall instead being labelled as "forgettable" which, I didn't particularly understand either, but I understand it more. Because I can't help if that happens.

Now, in terms of everyone suddenly getting off of the Cat or Cal opinions, I don't fully understand why. I understand with Cal more but I'm not so certain about Cat. I understand the reasoning for switches at the end of the day because it was a last second 'I don't have enough information to make an informed decision about Cat" thing, but the problem I have with this is... I didn't feel there was enough information to make an informed decision about Tale either.

And both had a split decision on why they could have been voted, but the last second vote was purely on the 'not enough information' reason. If there was always a teetering decision over the two it would have been understandable.

I don't feel as though Cat gave me enough of a reason to believe she wasn't town, and I get busy schedules get in the way, however Cat's argument at the end of the day didn't convince me she was vanilla, and Marushi and Mixt were the reason it flipped.

I have reason to believe one of them in that group of two are mafia, as there was no reason to get that hyped at the end of the day over a switch vote.

I'm going with my gut instinct and ##Vote: Mixt

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

True, true, my bad. You were labeled as Forgettable rather than Quiet, but at this point, with G-Dog, Tale, and Krowley dead, Burnitup replaced, and Mixt posting more, you are now one of the quieter members of the game, the one quieter than you being @Ghost . (Ghost, what do you have to say about everything going on?) However, Cstar, back onto you. This post does show that you're trying to be more vocal, and you have good points and your suspicions are well founded.

You say your gut instinct is Mixt. Would you be willing to try and expound on that? Even if it's something like "I don't know, there's just something about his tone/voting habits/mafia reads, that strike me as odd," It could be helpful. If you try to identify why someone is a gut read, you'd be surprised what might turn up. Sometimes people subconsciously pick up on different clues or behaviors, and could have noticed something condemning and just not realize what, attributing it to their gut. Try to think about what you find suspicious about Mixt, and look for examples of that suspicious thing, and you have evidence.

Also, while I'm talking to you specifically, what is your take on the case about Midnight?

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Votes, votes, they're good for your lynch, the more you vote, the more they flinch
    • Mixt - 1 (cstar)
    • Cat~ - 1 (Mixt)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to hammer. Day 3 ends at 11 P.M. EST/EDT on July 9, approximately 57 hours from now.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So I keep forgetting to talk about Mish. XD

I do think Mish has been acting somewhat suspiciously - though if you'd ask me for an example, I would have to really search to bring one up - and Mish is definitely worth questioning. However, I will say that judging from what I've seen, Mish always plays this way. This isn't clearing them at all, but just try to remember, Mish hasn't really done much outside what I would call her Normal Pattern of Behavior. Still, though. @Mish , what can you tell us about what's going on today? To be more specific, I'll ask you three questions:

1. Do you think Midnight is as suspicious as others seem to? Why or why not?
    2. Bearing in mind what people have said about the likelihood of Cat and Mixt NOT being on the same team, do you think that argument holds any weight?
    3. If you agree that Cat and Mixt being on the same Scumteam is unlikely, who would you say is more likely of the two to be Mafia? Inversely, if you do still believe them to perhaps be on the same team, who do you think we should lynch first?

And Nova, lol, that votal title. XD Clever. XD

But it does make me think that perhaps what I have to say would be better received with a vote to show that I mean business... Atm, I'd probably want to lynch Midnight before I lynched Cat, but as Cat already does have a vote on her, how about I add to the pressure? After all, it was a bit suspicious, I think, for Cat to suggest we not focus on questioning her. Especially as her reasons for doing so was an expressed intent not to waste the day discussing someone we already suspect, when earlier today she suggested 'getting all we can' out of Calxiyn. Why is it okay to spend the day phase trying to get answers from Cal, but it's a waste to try and get them out of you?

##Vote: Cat~

20. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

This is a really strong point. And for that and everything else about Cat already said, I also want to put on the heat a little.

##Vote: Cat