Mafia [Mafia] Mr. E's Murder Mystery at Misty Mountain Manor ~ GAME OVER (EVERYONE'S A WINNER!)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

DAY ♥♪!?

GUESS WHO'S DEAD

THIS GUY

GO AHEAD & VOTE OR WHATEVER

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

[​IMG]

3. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Sorry to burst your bubble Maru, but the announcer ain't me. Methinks someone is trying to tarnish my amazing reputation by impersonating me and saying stuff that is clearly incorrect and makes them look a bit silly.

So... Who are we voting today? It's probably Spike/KeyToTruth, despite the fact that he did consolidate the lynch on Marushi, although at that point it was probably best for any Mafia to try and save face by killing off the person that is a confirmed Maf. I'll start the day's voting by voting for him and if anyone else has any other cases to bring forward, do that and let's get this over with.

Also, RIP Mak.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

YOU FIND A LETTER ON THE DESK

#oops

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

so um, we're just voting Key right? Right?

I'm going for it:

##Vote: KeyToTruth12:

I have not reason to doubt that it is him.[DOUBLEPOST=1416688659][/DOUBLEPOST]GO AWAY COLON YOU SPAWN OF HELL.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hammer's at 4 btw
    • KeyToTruth12 - 1 (cstar)

Unfortunately I have a late shift tonight so I won't be able to update the thread for a bit, but if anybody gets 4 votes then just hang out for the night and I'll post results as soon as I can.

7. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

##Vote: KeyToTruth12

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

##Vote: KeyToTruth12

9. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

Yup, I'm pretty much screwed right now. Only one more for hammer.

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Alright, then, so be it. You got really unlucky for the joining time there mate XD

##Vote: KeyToTruth

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Sorry about the wait. Please enjoy the thrilling conclusion to Mr. E's Murder Mystery at Misty Mountain Manor!

. . .

Things began to break down the night Mr. Creedy [Marushi] was found dead in his quarters. While the party pondered who could be responsible, a sudden clatter rang out from down the hall, in the direction of the kitchen. The group rushed towards the source, only to find a mess of pots and pans and scattered tableware. Further searching revealed that Mr. Perkins and [KeyToTruth12] had up and disappeared.

Unsure of what to do, the group quickly divided; some were eager to search the premises for the missing persons, while others were perfectly content to get some sleep, apathetic to the plight of the butler and friend. Still others began a covert search for the late Mr. E's riches, thinking the game over and the prize rightfully theirs. As the hours ticked away, more and more of the party grew discouraged in their respective searches and retired to bed.

Naturally, with the party's staggered bedtimes and the lack of a breakfast bell, there was no unified meeting the next morning. Many people sleep in, and the rest wander listlessly or look for food. The sun is high in the sky by the time a loud crash is heard coming from [KeyToTruth12]'s room.

The scene before the group is...confusing, to say the least. [KeyToTruth12] is sprawled over the shattered remains of his bedroom door—shattered from the inside out, as though he were struggling to escape his own room. He staggers to his feet and tries to explain, but many are already accusing him of killing the butler. He pleads with them to reconsider as they form a lynch mob, even insisting that it was the butler who attacked him... but his pleas are far too late. With the furious clang of a steel pan, his fate is met.

KeyToTruth12 has been lynched. He was Mr. Harkness, the Mafia Roleblocker.​

With Trigger, Marushi, and KeyToTruth12 eliminated, there are no further threats to the Town's safety.

Tᴏᴡɴ Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ
    ...?

"...So...now what?"

The question is posed in silence, and only silence follows. There is no vast and all-encompassing fortune. The mansion is still shut tight. The party is safe, but trapped. Was Mr. Perkins supposed to release them? How will they leave now that he's... As a matter of fact, what happened to him?

Well if they can't find the butler, someone in the group posits, maybe they can find something Mr. E left behind. It occurs to them that they've never seen a room that seemed to belong to him—no master bedroom, no private study, nothing of the sort. Considering his eccentricity, he no doubt had some sort of switch that opened a secret passage...

Before the party can wonder further, a third surprise sound echoes out. Mr. Creedy [Marushi] emerges from farther down the hall...

"Follow me!"

...and promptly ducks into a side room. The group give chase, as curious as they are bewildered; and as they thought, in the room where they saw Mr. Creedy [Marushi] lies a bookcase, now jutting out from the wall and revealing a hidden passage. And at the bottom of this passage...?

. . .

"Greetin's, myst'ry lovuhs!"

The scene is difficult to take in, to say the least. Perhaps it's best to go from left to right: First there's Mr. Boddy [The Fuk?] and Rev. Wolfwood [talewind]. Then, Mr. Kint [Trigger], Mr. Creedy [Marushi], and Mr. Harkness [KeyToTruth12], the last of whom is still nursing a nasty head wound. Then, the once-thought-late General Maxwell Reginald Eldridge. And finally: the ever-elusive Mr. Perkins, tied up in a chair.

Makaze has been apprehended. He was Mr. Perkins, the Fake Darling.​

"Thank y'all fuh indulgin' in mah somewhut chahldish whimsies, friends! But uh, unfohtunately, as it tuhns out ah'm not dead aftuh all. Ah thought ah was dyin', t' be sure. An' that's when Mr. Puhkins heuh trahd t' finish th' job himself, presumably t' get his hands on mah vast and all-encompassin' fortune." The General nods to his butler, who shifts slightly. "We have the ones he framed t' thank fuh wuhkin' behind th' scenes an' puttin a stop t' his schemin' once and fuh all!"

The Mafia Faction receives a Moral Victory for enduring Makaze's bullshit.

The butler shifts again and mumbles through the handkerchief blocking his mouth. It seems he wants to say something.

"Oh?" the General muses. "Care to explain yourself, mah most trusted butluh?" Rather roughly he yanks open the knot around the handkerchief.

"Yes...sir," breathes Mr. Perkins. It seems the struggle to seize him was recent and he's still recovering. "Words cannot express...my regret. At the inconvenience I've caused you...and our guests."

The group is taken aback by this, and suddenly becomes invested in the butler's speech. All eyes and ears are upon him now.

"I fully understand...how my actions could be misconstrued. Indeed, it is unlikely my course...was the best one, given the circumstances. But as I stood at your bedside, sir, as sure as you were that that these would be your final moments... Seeing the desperate look in your eyes... To think that you would perish without fulfilling your most precious dream... It was unbearable. I saw only one path forward: To take it upon myself to become your killer. The ones I framed were merely instruments, to deepen the mystery. Had I known you'd survived... Well, I can't but express my sincerest apologies. To all of you. And especially to you, Sir Eldridge."

An audible sound seems to accompany the collective warming of the group's hearts, almost like the distant "aaaawwww" of a generic studio audience.

Mr. Perkins's motives have been clarified. He was, in fact, the Best Butler.​

Makaze retains his part in the Town Faction's victory, partly because even he could tell what a prick he was being after a while—but mostly because it would be unfair to make him the only loser since I just made all of this up on the spot and he's just as lost in the dark as the rest of you right now.

"Mah wuhd, Puhkins, you... You did all that t' see mah dream realahz'd?" Mr. E is speechless. He takes a moment to dab his forehead with the handkerchief, then makes a face and tosses it away when he remembers it's been on the butler's mouth. "Well... Well ah daresay," he goes on, turning to the party, "mah attendant and ah have caused a right lot of trouble for y'all."

The group nods in unison.

"Well... Well, the way ah see it, theuh's only one recourse. Ah promised y'all a share of mah fortune if y'all helped me t' concoct a myst'ry. And ah daresay, this's the most fascinatin' myst'ry I've evuh been a part of! As far as ah'm concuhn'd, y'all have earned what y' came for. Ah heuhbah declare, all those present shall receive, in equal share, a portion of mah vast and all-encompassin' fortune, and th' rest shall be bequeathed to them upon mah true passin'! And yes, Puhkins, that includes you."

With the air cleared and matters settled, the guests are finally released from confinement. Each receives a first-class flight home, all expenses paid, and promptly return to their lives—just a few hundred thousand dollars richer, as it were. But none will forget the weekend they spent at Misty Mountain Manor.

So, some of you may be wondering what just happened. Let me simplify: The Town won fair and square, and rather soundly at that. Makaze was an ordinary Darling, not a Third Party; what I said above was outright lying for the sake of being dramatic. But because of my decision to give him said role, and the subsequent stratagem he employed (Honorable mention as well to cstar, who pulled a gambit of her own to prolong his life), I feel the Mafia got horrendously shortchanged. Hence the lengthy, yet ultimately small consolation of this post (which is also sort of me making up for being a lazy shit during the last cycle). In summation, good game all around! NEVER LET ME CONFIRM MAK AS TOWN AGAIN.

Roles and Quicktopics will be in the OP in a day or so, but I probably won't do comments or MVPs since this was a bit of a catastrophe. :'D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  13. cstar stay away from my waifu

No please. Confirm Mak is town forever. and let me be the Jailer again.

14. KeyToTruth12 Moogle Assistant

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

. . . This whole thing has just been a nightmare. That end post included.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I like the cut of your jib!

Ahahahahahahahaha!

I'm sorry this game was such a disaster. I hope it got some people laughing.

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

Honestly I think more people are leaving this game with an oath to never play a game of Mafia with you again.

(I'm laughing though)

anyway so um... was @Calxiyn the announcer? Or maybe @Beau ?

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It's Calxiyn according to my process of elimination.

19. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

lol not me

I would never say what the accouncer said haha I hope that that was some weird reverse psychology mind thing bc that made no sense to me

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT!? NAW, THAT'S NOT HOW THINGS ARE...

But seriously, I'm not gonna be able to join the next game, though it's got nothing to do with Makaze. I made like a billion and six obvious mistakes, but the biggest one was convincing myself that I had the time, energy, and focus to play this game, even though I knew in the back of my head that I really didn't. Unless a lot of stuff changes (which, it probably won't and I'm gonna get even more busy real soon) I simply don't have time for this anymore.

But it was fun while it lasted, and I hope I wasn't too annoying this time through. XD Also, Key, sorry about missing the vote deadline. I was pretty tired and forgot to translate EST to my timezone. I showed up "with a few hours to spare" and stared at the "not accepting messages" message in horror for like, five minutes. XD