Mafia [Mafia] Mr. E's Murder Mystery at Misty Mountain Manor ~ GAME OVER (EVERYONE'S A WINNER!)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Spike is the only one left. Come on, Spike...

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

And @Mish, she still hasn't spoken her thoughts. She just stated she'd let Trigger explain himself and then left.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

She said something, though. We'll see if she is actually ignoring you, but personally I want everyone to reply at least once.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Fair enough. Ugh, the waiting, though. XD

Anyway, I just want to let you all know that I have to leave for work in about 40 minutes, and I won't be back for about five hours after that. Maybe four and a half, depending on if I can catch a ride home. I'll try to keep an eye on things when I can, but yeah.

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Are we waiting for everyone to post before we proceed or something?

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I'm waiting for everyone before I state my opinion.

Why you guys are waiting I am not sure.

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

// Was not being alerted and just thought it was a very slow posting day until manually going to 'watched threads' //

I've already expressed my opinion on Trigs, and the leadership matter. I think waiting on anything else is a waste of time. I'm not quite sure what the waiting is for exactly. @Makaze, just because someone is viewing the thread, it doesn't mean they have time to respond to the thread. Constantly alerting and nagging them won't make them go any faster. There are also lots of instances where people leave pages open, so it may seem like they are viewing it, but haven't even been at there computer/phone for awhile.

I'm going to get the ball rolling since no one else seems to be. Whether Trigs is mafia or not, he almost caused us to have a no lynch and it was reckless. ##Vote: Trigger

8. Mish smiley day!

Yes hi, not ignoring, just working.

I'm really not sure what to think about Trigger's last minute unvote/revote. I mean, the intention of Makaze's unvote, as SPECIFICALLY stated by Mak himself, was to smoke out any mafia who might change their vote from a fellow mafia to a townie. The fact that The Fuk? turned out to be a townie might be Trig's saving grace? I still find it pretty suspicious though..

Also, on day one Trigger came to the defense of both myself and Beau. It could be that he's trying to build ties with townies. Or it could be that he's just a super nice guy??

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, well, they cancelled my shift so I have a little more time today than I thought I did. However, now I'm having some computer problems. If it's not one thing, it's another. :/

Anyway, Mish, thank you for responding.

I'm going to wait for Spike and Makaze to post their thoughts before I vote. Since I'm still not sure what to think about all this, I want to play it safe and try to get as much info as I can before making a decision.

10. Trigger hewwo uwu

I don't mind having Mak as somewhat of a 'leader figure' because of his confirmed town status, but at the same time I didn't like his idea of basically randomly voting for someone else. Being a leader doesn't mean you're always right. I know that it was meant to see how people react or to smoke mafia out, but I didn't see any point in lynching anybody else. I knew the risks I was taking when I pulled my stunt. It sucks that The Fuk? ending up being town, but he was the only candidate I thought was worth lynching.

@Spike we're waiting for your thoughts.

11. Spike H E R O

I had just come back from work at the time, incidents occurred on the way back home, and I just wanted to see for any major developments that would need immediate attention then go to sleep.

About Trigger's case: It was ballsy, but in Mafia it's not the flashy moves that incriminate the guilty, so I'm not going to condemn him for it just yet.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I have something funny to tell you guys about what happened last night (the night the Day ended for me). My internet went out at approximately 6 P.M., one hour before deadline, and did not come back until after the deadline.

I had a plan in case no one changed votes, but Trigger did, so it all worked out in the end.

This was the post I had written before my internet went out in case I didn't have time to write it at the end or I died that Night.
    These are my thoughts after reading what happened when my internet was out.

Trigger is still the most suspicious person in the game and deserves today's lynch in my opinion.
    The Fuk? is not more suspicious than Beau because the reasoning I used to defend Beau can also be applied to The Fuk?, but even more so since he got more votes than Beau.

The Fuk? is not more suspicious than Spike because Spike's only actions that Day were sheeps on ideas I and others had and had him contribute to.

The Fuk?'s actions were absolutely consistent with his actions from the last game; voting without comment on Day 1, not seeing any real case until the next Day, and so on. His tunneling method may not be very helpful, but it is a terrible blending tactic for Mafia, so his case isn't very strong from a strategic standpoint.

Finally, Mish only had two votes, so voting for her would not affect anything unless she is Hated (and he could only know that she was Hated if they were both Mafia).

In conclusion, we didn't have any more reason to think The Fuk? is mafia than Beau or Spike, and Mish only had two votes, so voting for her would not affect anything unless she is Hated (making them both Mafia). So any of these lynches should have been fine by Trigger up to this point if he were town.

Knowing all of that, there are three possible motivations for this move.
    1. One of the others is Mafia and they want to ensure I don't vote for that person last. (Doesn't make sense unless you know something we don't. Must be Mafia.)
    2. They believe that killing The Fuk? is more important than gathering information. (Doesn't make sense unless you know something we don't. Must be Mafia.)
    3. They want to throw a wrench in my plan, for example, to make us think that one of the others is Mafia when they are not. No matter what we make of it, it ensures that we do not get as much info as we could have. (Doesn't make sense for town. Must be Mafia.)
    None of these options make sense as a town and all other motives are impossible because the third one happens even if they don't intend it to. The third option's problems should overrule any smaller incentives to do it, making the most pro-Town move to sit back and watch what's happening.

Some people said that Trigger might have panicked after giving me control, and that panicking isn't a tell either way. That's wrong.

Whether someone panics or not is relevant to their alignment.

Town have almost nothing to lose by me taking control. At worst, they lose a sense of personal pride. I believe this reason is especially unlikely in Trigger's case because of how little he has contributed up to this point to have pride in.

Mafia have a lot to lose by my taking control. Mafia are more likely to revote because they will know something others don't and have a reason to prefer one vote to another. As a rule, people with more reasons to do something are more likely to do something than people with fewer reasons. That makes them more likely to panic in this situation and make a stupid move, meaning that when someone makes a stupid move, a majority of the times out of ten that person will be Mafia.

Trigger claims he wasn't thinking straight, and I believe him, but not about how many votes The Fuk? had. I think Trigger is too smart and observant to do this by accident. He thought about it for a while before enacting it just before the deadline. It may be a bad move, but it is a deliberate move with reasons behind it, and that makes his action suspicious.

Added on to everything else he has done, I can't think of anyone more deserving of the lynch today than him. If you don't like this case, I can consolidate. Mish is also an option.

##Vote: Trigger

13. Trigger hewwo uwu

I thought the whole plan was to eliminate inactive people? I didn't find Mish, Beau, or Spike all that suspicious either. I was voting purely on who would be the least useful to the town. If people had asked me questions, I would have answered, but nobody did. I got into the game late and I asked and prodded people because it's the only way I knew how to help at the time.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The plan was to gain information by getting rid of inactive people. The Fuk? was a patsy for information gathering, just like Beau.

I asked you questions and prodded you several times to give your reactions to things. You outright said you had no opinions when asked. Getting into the game late doesn't make you unable to react. If anything it gives you a fresher perspective and time to analyse things without getting caught up in the flow.

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

I did not vote for Tale because at that point two of you had voted for him. I guess I didn't get the plan, because I thought what you were trying to do was put pressure on Tale with votes, but I didn't realize you meant to at least get him to soft lynch.

My issue with The Fuk? came down to me tunneling because I was irritated by his short posts. I do this every single game and I never get control of it until they are dead and I have the night phase to just sit around and be like, "Well **** why did I do that." and I know that doesn't make me look good.

I know you mentioned who you think are scum, and who you think are town, but since you mentioned us, why don't you talk about everyone? What do you think of the people you didn't mention?

I was trying to think of other specific roles we could have talked about to keep discussion going, we don't have a third party, and I don't know about you guys but I think it would be difficult to figure out roleblocker, so maybe we should just stick to discussing mafia rather than roles. But if you guys have an idea for that go ahead and speak up.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I don't want to spend the whole day arguing over what I think of people. Information will come to light and since I will probably be dead tonight, it's better if you get used to analyzing it on your own sooner rather than later.

I will give my updated reads after other people start forming solid reads.[DOUBLEPOST=1416097919][/DOUBLEPOST]About rolespec'ing... We don't have anything to gain my knowing peoples' roles except the roleblocker, and we can't determine that. I have suspicions about who has what roles but letting mafia in on those ideas is a horrible idea.[DOUBLEPOST=1416097972][/DOUBLEPOST]gain by* Sorry.[DOUBLEPOST=1416098178][/DOUBLEPOST]@cstar: I'd like to hear your opinion of my case on Trigger just now, if you don't mind. I don't gain anything from your defending yourself.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

1. One of the others is Mafia and they want to ensure I don't vote for that person last. (Doesn't make sense unless you know something we don't. Must be Mafia.)
    2. They believe that killing The Fuk? is more important than gathering information. (Doesn't make sense unless you know something we don't. Must be Mafia.)
    3. They want to throw a wrench in my plan, for example, to make us think that one of the others is Mafia when they are not. No matter what we make of it, it ensures that we do not get as much info as we could have. (Doesn't make sense for town. Must be Mafia.)
    I follow your logic. Trigger's behaviour does seem off. Throwing in my lot behind you here Mak. I mean, there's not much to add because well, you explained it all rather nicely.

I'm not entirely sure on what the deal with the case on Mish though is Mak. To be honest, you've lost me a bit here. If there was something from the previous day that I've totally forgotten I'm sorry, but I'm just a bit lost with that there.

18. Mish smiley day!

So I'm just gonna address this delayed scum read post:

#74: These were my day one hunches. I wasn't confident enough to vote for them and I did agree with your plan of voting off those who contributed the least, which wasn't the case with my 3 choices.
    #78/81: I'd just like to ask what you think you've learned from when I didn't vote for Spike straight away? If anything, it suggests that I'm trying to protect Spike, right? But that doesn't make sense because I did eventually vote for him and.. as you know, kept my vote on him despite a growing consensus on a The Fuk? lynch.

#129: As I've said, I thought we were keeping it simple and doing 'least posts', which would have made Spike our victim at that time.
    #132/134: I unvoted Spike and voted for The Fuk? under your advice/pressure. Then you warned me to unvote The Fuk?, which I did. If I'd gone against what you had said, would that come off as more town-like..?

Despite my weird actions yesterday, I don't see how they incriminate me. You say I lack conviction and yes, I changed my opinion a lot yesterday, under pressure from you, but this is my second time playing mafia, first as a townie. I'm not trying to make excuses but hopefully that should explain some first-day slip-ups.

On 'buddying' with Trigger: as suggested in my last post, I noticed it too. He didn't just defend me, he defended Beau as well. I did direct messages to him a number of times, but that's not really unusual. We speak nearly every day in chats lol. That said...

If Trigger is mafia, I am not aligned with him. Trigger should now be at soft-lynch (past it if he's hated).

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Read the initial post please (it's in a quote and I posted my notes for Mish's actions with chronological post numbers).[DOUBLEPOST=1416099455][/DOUBLEPOST]
    #78/81: You were overly cautious and didn't think things through before doing/saying them. It didn't suggest you were protecting Spike. You said you 'didn't think Spike needed more than two votes this early in the Day.' It suggested you didn't want to take a risk. Self-preservative move.
    #132->152: This changed later when you took The Fuk? past a soft lynch and then said you didn't think it was a big deal. It took several posts from me to convince you, and even then, you didn't unvote until Spike showed up and added yet another vote on top of it, proving my severl-posts-long point.

Your posts are not hard mafia tells because they are not smart mafia moves, but they do make you look like you are keeping up some kind of appearance instead of playing seriously.

For example, why did you wait until after you heard my case to vote for Trigger?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Sorry, attention span failure.

I've been looking back at the thread and the replies to try and go through what Mak and other people have said to give the ideas that they have and I have to ask this:

Does anyone think that Hyuge has a habit of intentionally contradicting and discrediting Makaze at every turn? I've gone back through the thread to look at this in more detail and I've come across all this:

Some parts of that are pretty innocent, just calling out on poor manners which is fair enough. I don't know... It just feels wrong to me that there's just so much targeted contradiction. It seems actively directed to me. I don't think that makes her any more/less suspicious in my mind, but it does make me wonder if there's a discrediting job going on or if there's just legitimate concerns and ideas. Mak has said easily the most out of everyone in this thread and comes up with a lot of ideas, but I can't help but think that there's an element of something else. Make of all that what you will.

I don't know what to make of this. Not everyone is like me and starts drawing swords as soon as I feel attacked, but equally it's casual and frankly looks a little mocking to me. It is a Day 1 accusation which is basically the one time where you can be flippant about Mafia accusations, so perhaps that's justified.

Make what you wish of that everyone. If you've any thoughts on it, reading that, please mention it. I'm really not sure what to make of it but I just feel like something is wrong.