Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

fun fact: double posting cuts off my notifications for threads. I have stupidly not seen the thread for multiple days because of ****ing double posting.

if I don't reply back immediately it's because I'm catching up.

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I did not realise this was the case, I'm sorry, I'm really bad for this. Thing is I've found I'm often online when nobody else is due to timezones, I have to stay up at night to catch the active period. Due to this I'll often think of something and post it immediately then think of something else later and since I can't edit, I double post. Sorry.

3. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Basically I've still convictions that Princess <3 is mafia as i've had the suspicions from day 1, I won't jump on the Fuk murder wagon as I'm still not convinced for him, if he dies, he dies, but I'm not convinced yet.

Vote: Princess <3

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Secret: Don't rely on notifications.

5. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Sorry Nova, just wanted to help you out
    • The Fuk? - 2 (Marushi, Makaze, What?, Hyuge, Midnight Star)
    • Makaze - 1 (The Fuk?)
    • Princess ♥ - (Vivi's Dark Side)
    With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Friday, September 5th, at 5 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).[DOUBLEPOST=1409946133][/DOUBLEPOST]Nova should keep his job as I messed up, it should say 5 in front of The Fuk? Yep. (@cstar sorry for the double post)

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Alright, I've caught up. The eyes seem to be at The Fuk? but there's something that is seriously bothering me.

I'm quoting this part... but it's really the Marushi bit. Hyuge is saying this is "the same line of detective work she did last time" but it's not. Marushi has been matching up to Makaze's levels of detective work, and word length. And HE isn't part of the list of people you feel are confirmed town? He's doing just about as much detective work as anyone else here.

People have literally found Makaze suspicious since day one of this game. Before he had done anything really at that point. Most people just jumped on the Makaze is mafia train because you people just really have this hidden passion where you want Makaze to be mafia. And if he is mafia congratulations... but most of the accusations against him have been just because of the vibe he gives off.

Based on this little post here, and how much defending hyuge and marushi have been giving each other, I honestly feel as though they are mafia watching each other's backs. I might be wrong, but this is the hunch I'm getting. So who am I going to vote for?

vote: Hyuge

mainly because she's the one who's post that was. I could be very wrong... we'll see.

7. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    When does this day End?

8. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, I was viewing the thread awhile ago. That's called keeping up, baybee~.

Well then, to answer this one, here's another reason I don't really say much: I don't feel I have much to contribute intelligence wise. Yeah, I could give out more snarky one liners, but that doesn't help much, does it? Everyone will probably read into that as me being a distraction trying to throw you off of your game and possibly be a Mafia member, which I don't want at all. Not that anyone would want that, mind you, but still.

Yeesh, so harsh. Not that I mind being tugged around by dangly little pieces of meat like you~♥

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

At 5pm today.

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So, Cstar, thank you for bringing this up. (Finally, something I can talk about!) You're right that I didn't act like this last game... for most of it. Last time, the game quite caught me off guard. When I joined I was all like "omg mafia be so fun i played it a party once yaaaay! :D " And then Day 1 started and I was like "oh wow this just got serious! i need to like, think and junk! :O " So I ended up not doing a lot, and even didn't post for several days.

On top of this, I was feeling pretty down in general at that time, so I didn't even log in for a few "days" because I didn't want to deal with people, even all my friends here. Not the smartest way to handle negative emotions, but whatevs, that's what I did. Then once I actually started playing later in the game, I started getting into the swing of things and ended up having a lot of fun with it.

Even then, I was too wishy-washy last game, and I was too reluctant to vote. And thanks to Nova's end-game review, I recognize this. Mafia is not a game to sit back and watch. You gotta be more aggressive than you sometimes would like. That's why I'm acting a bit differently this time. I'm still learning. :)

Also, as for backing up hyuge... I'm actually not certain what makes it seem this way, at least for my part. I haven't made a decision as far as hyuge is concerned. I haven't seen anything too suspicious, so I haven't come against hyuge, but I haven't seen anything to make me think they're town, either. So really, I'm keeping an eye on hyuge for the time being. If what they say makes sense, I take it into consideration, but I haven't formed an opinion of their alignment one way or another.

11. Mish smiley day!

You can't be too scared to post either, though, because that definitely doesn't help anyone. Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and if you become suspected and even lynched, your death won't be in vain because we might be able to determine, from your posts, the alignments of other players. This is why we need people to be more active.

As far as I can tell, TF? will be soft-lynched by the end of today, so I have nothing more to add unless something else happens.. I don't care to help turn the soft-lynch into a hard-lynch in case someone else wants to chime in with some new or interesting info.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

To clarify, what I meant by that is she is just as proactive as she was last time. Yes, Marushi has definitely been a much stronger detective than the last game, that is obvious, but what I was really getting at was her activity and dedication. That hasn't changed, so my apologies if that is the only reason for suspicion there. As for this:
    You're right that Makaze isn't on the list. I am just as wary of him as I was on day one. It's his tunnel vision in all honesty. I can't decide if he's narrowing his sights on specific people to just get rid of them, or if he is genuinely trying to off mafia members. It's true that there is like an 80% chance that Makaze is town at this point on time, but it's the other 20% that bothers me and that won't go away until he inevitably dies.

13. The Fuk? Dead

If I am lynched, Makaze and Hyuge will have lynched three straight town members.

@Makaze

You use the term "we", but not all of you are acting the same. If lying low makes me suspicious, how am I more suspicious than Mish, Hayabusa and Cat? I have "helped the town" more than all three of those people. You just don't like it because it was me putting pressure on you.

@Midnight Star

I can't say there is anyone that I even slightly suspect to be town. All I have a very weak theory that based of off Trouble in Terrorist Town. It's that being innocent in TTT can be pretty damn boring. Some people throw the game as soon they find out their role, or in the case of this game, just not participate. If that's the case, there's a chance that some of the very inactive players threw the game once they learned they were town.

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I actually really agree with you here, as much as now I'm leaning towards Makaze being town now. He's like a dog with a bone once he sets his sight on someone, if you make an honest slip up you can't undo it and you can't seem to say the correct thing. That in the context of this game, especially when people follow him is just dangerous. He might be town but if he chooses the wrong person to go after, then it's hurting the town more.

Why does all the activity happen at the end?

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Fun fact Midnight: The orange you used is for hard lynch, yellow is for soft lynch. :L

For the record, I don't mind people doing my job for me if they want quicker votals. I usually only update it when a ton of votes have gone by but clearly demand is higher lately so I'll try to keep on top of it.

(also)

You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Give a Fuk
    • The Fuk? - 5 (Marushi, Makaze, What?, Hyuge, Midnight Star)
    • Makaze - 1 (The Fuk?)
    • Princess ♥ - (Vivi's Dark Side)
    . . .

The MPD push on through the loss of their chief, with the feds picking up the slack. To the ordinary citizens it's the same old story: oppressively quiet days, empty streets, and the lingering smell of smoke.

Another shoot-out that afternoon. The cops fight like tigers, but still another one of theirs goes down. A vet, too. Oldest one on the force. Rest in peace, pops...

The Fuk? has been lynched. He was Conrad Law, an ordinary Townie.​

N I G H T • T H R E E

Night ends on Monday, September 8th, at 5:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  16. The Fuk? Dead

[​IMG]

17. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm getting really tired of the forum not giving me notifications about this thread. Just realized there were new posts now, as far back as 4 AM this morning. Is anyone else having this issue?

Just gonna have to do it manually I guess :\

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

The force gets another call that morning. More screams, more bodies. Those first on the scene are not surprised at who they find: former Cartel flunky-turned-federal informant, obvious mark. Some witness protection... His lawyers are about to make it rain fire.

Midnight Star has been murdered. She was Flavio Rivera, an ordinary Townie.​

D A Y • F O U R

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Friday, September 12th, at 5 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

This is a short first impression post so don't expect any huge theories.

This is only surprising because the mafia appear to finally be killing useful people. The others may have had some purpose, but frankly I'm not sure WHAT that purpose might have been. I don't have time now, can someone check who Midnight voted for and anyone they put forward as suspect (coughcoughthanksmakazecoughcough XD)? This was a good kill for the mafia as far as I can tell, because Midnight was an excellent member of the town who I honestly had no doubts about. She was active and brought forth good points at times. Other than that, initially I can't see why else they killed Midnight.

Also, something just occurred to me. They're running out of wishy washy people to kill, so they've started killing the more useful town now I guess. The game just got a whole lot more interesting, and it's started to get me thinking. Does that mean that some of those people who ARE a bit more... Inactive or wishy washy Mafia? It's getting me thinking. Currently I'm looking at Hayabusa and Cstar. Also, I know Mak described Maru as wishy washy but I'm not thinking her, just in case anyone wants to be pedantic and look at identical terminology.

Mak, Maru, what do you two reckon? For better or for worse, I kinda look up to you two for a lot (and Midnight to some extent, may she rest in peace). And what do you think of my idea above, particularly Cstar and Hayabusa bearing in mind what I just said?

20. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I expected Mignight Star/Beau to die Night 1 because they were as good as confirmed town already. There was no chance they were getting lynched. The only reason I can imagine they waited this long was to avoid the Watcher or be sure they were looking elsewhere.

About The Fuk?: God dammit. I was sure he was mafia. I was sure of it.

That said, we are not left in the dark.

Marushi is chaotic but not wishy-washy. She doesn't second guess herself that much. She just has too many guesses altogether.

Haya is very wishy-washy but it's too blatant to be a clue without more info. Ask him questions. Maybe hypotheticals about why the mafia did something, or something.

cstar reads more town to me. She doesn't have any anti-town content and she's asked some questions. Can stand to see more from her but...

Bite the Dust is back on my radar for his passive aggressive and defensive behavior.

@Mish,

You've had time to read the thread over now.

Who are you reading as mafia? Who are you reading as town/wild goose chase?