Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Sunrise on the east coast. Ordinarily people are climbing on their roofs or leaning on their balcony guardrails, greeting the new day. Today the eerie silence remains, though the fog has lifted somewhat. Enough that someone spots a corpse in the streets and screams.

Few minutes later the fuzz show up to tape the place off and ID the body. Looks like a local pothead. Not even a threat to the Cartel, just another unlucky night owl they gunned down for fun.

Trigger has been murdered. He was Alex Trevelyan, an ordinary Townie.​

D A Y • T W O

With 18 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Thursday, August 28th, at 7 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

Midnight Star has filled Beau's slot.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Wasn't trigger high on the "we think this person is mafia" list?

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Semi-high, yes.

These Mafia are being a little unorthodox.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

He was high on some people's lists, yeah.

Makes me wonder whether this was a mafia kill or the vigilante's experiment...

5. Hayabusa Venomous

This is kinda irrelevant to the actual game, and may interfere with the writing, but I thought just now that it'd be neat to have each in-game day post have attached to it a little banner with a picture of Miami that would fit the tone.

Just a dumb idea tho ._.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

If it was the vig, we would have two kills instead of one. Mafia and vig can kill at the same time. (Assuming the vig is not a day action.)

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It ain't.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

They gunned down the fellow from James Bond with a very slightly different first name? Those fiends.

That being said, Trigger was an interesting choice. He was high on lists, but also at a fairly above-average pace with his opinions and his overall activity. Perhaps the middle-ground poster idea would have some credence, but we must wait and see.

Is it possible for vigilante to miss a night for murder or opt out?

This would be nice.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Yes. And/or the mafia. They can idle out for the night if they want.

Some vigs have a limited number of shots, too.[DOUBLEPOST=1408925192][/DOUBLEPOST]Doesn't look like our vig is limited, but some are.*

Sorry if I misled.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Okay... I may be reading in a bit too much in with some of this, but my first impression after seeing this is this:

Killing Trigger was a good move for the mafia on the grounds that not only does it deal,with a mid range threat, because Trigger was vocal enough to be threatening but he's no Makaze/Marushi/What? who IMO are the biggest potential threats for the mafia and simultaneously the town, assuming any of the three wound up being mafia. If given the chance Trigger could have come out with something useful for the town or, guided them down a particular path.

The second benefit in this is that it to some extent calls into question some of our other suspects. If one person who was deemed to be a potential threat to the town has died and wound up innocent then have we misjudged other candidates? Now, Trigger is by no means the highest on the hitlist but he's one of the few who so far, I wouldn't put it past to be the mafia.

The part that gets me is that Trigger surely could have been the perfect distraction in some ways. Even factoring in what I said earlier about him being a mid range threat, they could have between them shot down any arguments and led a few townies with them.

That said, thanks for not letting us waste a lynch on him XD

Poorly timed jokes aside, looking at this and there isn't too much to go off, considering it's the first kill and there's no pattern to be established, I believe that we should look to other people who are in a sense, mid range to go. I don't anticipate one of the big players disappearing quite yet. Tonight I think it will be another mid ranger. I'm tired so I can't provide a list of who I consider mid range for the moment, but I can compile a small theoretical list of who falls into which category at a later time, and I'd like to judge everyone else's reaction first.

What does everyone else think?

I'd be particularly interested in your thoughts Makazke, Marushi and What?

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Trigger made no sense as a target. He was suspicious, appeared to have no role, and helped lead town toward mislynches.

The ideal target would have been someone like Beau/Midnight Star, who is all but confirmed town.

On other hand, that makes him a good target because he is not likely to be watched by the town Watcher or any other role.

The question is, why him instead of someone else? Perhaps he got on someone's case and it made them nervous.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

One thing I've been thinking about since the last round, on the off chance that Makaze, What?, etc are mafia (strictly hypothetical gents no worries) that is really bad news for the town because voting them off is going to be almost impossible. Getting rid of some of the people who contribute the most is a nono, however wouldn't that be the greatest thing for a mafia member to do? Slip into the trust of the town and then become one of the sole providers for the town. That kind of thing worries me.

I feel like there shouldn't be one set person/group of people that are safe no matter how much the contribute, unless their identity is confirmed through a third party in the game.

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

Hey @ars nvoa , just a curious question, because I noticed this when reading up on the roles and stuff during the night.

Do we message you privately or something if we want to use the bulletproof vest?

14. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Mafia to me have room to think ahead, not voting off Beau would cause some town people to think that they aren't voting him off because he IS mafia. More or less baiting us into voting for him to handle their own dirty work. For this reason alone I think Beau is town (that and the previous conversations about him quitting etc).[DOUBLEPOST=1408926512][/DOUBLEPOST]
    lol

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

I'm sorry what's funny about this question?

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Didn't think about the possibility of dodging the town watcher or that he may be on to someone. I'll take a flick through the thread and see what I can find for people that Trigger has called out in at lest some detail. If he got on to someone, then it won't just be someone voted on a whim blindly, it'll be someone he looked at in greater detail, if only a post with a couple of at least vague points although I'd expect something more clearly defined

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Oh wow.

You don't use it. It blocks an attempt on your life passively.

You poor soul.

18. cstar stay away from my waifu

Wait if it's passive then was Trigger attacked twice

19. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

No. Trigger had no BPV. It would have flipped when he was killed.

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

I thought it said a bulletproof vest was for everyone.
    So if we have one we would have been told with our role?
    It's not just something that exists for everyone?

if it isn't, I feel like a ****ing idiot right now. please back away from said ****ing idiot.