Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Cstar brings up a good point about Killian Jones voting mostly to avoid a no-lynch, tough honestly that could work in favor of either supporting or opposing someone's allegiance to Town or Mafia, so...not sure what to make of it yet.

2. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I explained my exact reasoning for voting him. I didn't want a No Lynch, but I have also expressed suspicion in Beema more than once. I had voted for him several times before that. You can check the previous days to confirm this fact. I found his utter disregard for other member's questioning very suspicious and voted for him several times because of that. So yeah, when the day was getting close to ending and we were not even close to consolidating a possible candidate for a lynch, I changed from TB to BtD. I even said "I may change my vote depending on what the votes are like towards the end of the day."

3. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Less than a day left, my good people. I don't think we're going to get much relevant information out the quiet fellows. Hmmmm, let me try something different. What we need the most at this point is some convergence.

We have two votes going on at the moment. Hyuge, since you went first, please share with us your thoughts on Vivi's current candidate, cstar. Do you think she might be mafia, more so the redirector? As things stand currently, would you consider adding to that vote?

As for Vivi, pretty much the same questions, only regarding Hyuge's candidate, TwilightBlader.

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I feel like there is a fair enough chance that Cstar could be mafia. I'm not 100% certain on that idea, which is why I didn't vote for her, but the possibility is just as likely for anyone else left in the game to be mafia. If she is mafia, I don't think she would be the Redirector. I'm just not getting that vibe. Granted I could be wrong, but in the likelihood that she is mafia, I don't believe she would have a special role. As for my other mafia beliefs, I feel like Cat~ might be a good candidate for the Redirector. She's present just enough to establish some sort of connection with the other players, but is quiet enough to observe the things people say at a distance and possibly pick out who might have the town roles.

I don't know. It's mostly just speculation at this point.

As for consolidating on a vote for Cstar, if enough people vote for her, but we still don't have enough for a lynch, I would change my vote to her. We absolutely need to nail a mafia member today or we lose. And there is no way for us to nail a mafia member if we end up with a No Lynch because someone didn't acquire enough votes. That was my reasoning behind several votes in the past that resulted in lynches and I will continue to do so if it means we prevent a no lynch. We are more likely to lynch a mafia member that way than we are by not voting. Granted, with a no lynch we are less likely to mislynch, but we don't have the luxury at this point in the game to refrain from lynching someone.xx

5. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    TB for me has always been an eh character in the game, honestly I had some early suspicions and if a town vote had converged on them I probably would've joined in, as it stands now they've throughout the game been fairly quiet, avoiding suspicion and appearing only when they really need to, they're someone who has never really contributed to the town in a meaningful manner and that's potentially on purpose, to avoid getting any heat from someone and bringing spotlight upon themself.

Cstar and TB are probably my top 2 candidates for being mafia right now, just through general behaviour throughout the course of the game, as Nomes said we need a mafia kill badly today, if my vote was needed elsewhere I would change to TB if needed, but right now im set on cstar.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay, we REALLY need to lynch someone today. It's clear that we've heard all that we're gonna hear from everyone for this meta day so I'll go ahead and toss my vote into the pot:

/ /Vote: cstar /

I'd rather not go after TB until we hear a little more because suspicions about him are pretty much the same as those on BtD and look how that turned out.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Grab Your Vote, Get On the Floor
    • cstar - 2 (Vivi, Cat)
    • TwilightBlader - 1 (Hyuge)
    With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in three hours. @cstar, @TwilightBlader, and @Moksha are strongly advised to participate before then.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

No, we really need to lynch a MAFIA MEMBER today. Which is why we need to be careful. I get that you don't have anything much to say on the matter of voting for TB. But why are you not asking TB anything? It's a similiar situation to BtD? How? Unlike BtD, when TB was called to answer a question (even if it took a while) he DID. He HAS put his input in.

First you defending Moksha because you can "identify with him" more, and now you're just tossing away TB with an invalid argument? What is your deal against me?

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Since it was pretty clear that no one else was going to vote for you that day, changing my vote was one of the few things i could do.

Well no one has really been asking anyone anything at all, despite the current situation.

10. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Those are all amazing observations, cstar. We ought to keep in mind that today, Mafia will do everything they can to help secure a mislynch and their win, while Town's efforts are aimed only at not losing. As a matter of fact, TB's single contribution today seemed to ignore all of our suspicion towards him, might I add.

I have no doubt about this now. Vote: TwilightBlader

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay, maybe TB has posted. But how much? His only post this meta day has really only restated what we already know. He didn't acknowledge/respond to Hyuge's vote, he didn't seem to pay attention to Judge's research and if you look at his overall activity in the thread, it's really just followed that same trend of restating the obvious and going with the flow. He may have answered certain questions, but when something isn't directly addressed to him he doesn't really seem to pay it any mind.

I'm suspicious of you is all. However, now that I've actually typed this all up and done the research I can see where the TB train is likely to go. With that in mind:

unvote: cstar
    VOTE: TwilightBlader

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

Alright. I'm in a bit of a predicament. I have theatre rehearsal soon and I'm not back until after 8pm. That's the deadline. I know right now I am the one spotlighted for voting, and I'm not going to be able to appear and defend myself past this post.

Guys, I know you may think this is the only lead we have, and we only have so much time, but this is not the way I want this game to end. I don't want you guys to vote for me and have it be over and done, because I know we have a setup here that can help point us in the right direction.

As I am typing up this post, Cat and Judge have voted for TB, which means the votes should be mostly towards TwilightBlader. I do not honestly have a confirmed suspicion of him being mafia, but I don't have that for anyone anymore. I've been so thrown off by the BtD thing.

It takes 5 members to lynch, if I vote for TB right now and change my mind, I can't change my vote. But if I don't vote, I am risking a no lynch...

...I'm not voting for TB.

vote: Cat~

I don't have time to explain, I need to run, but go look at the last few days.

please go back and look at the last few days.

13. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Well the only real suspicion that has been directed towards me is because of my overall activity as well as me not responding towards something that could be considered a hunch. Everything revolves around my lack of activity, im honestly surprised I have lasted this long despite the suspicion that has followed me so long.

So I want to know why I wasn't voted off, were you always suspicious of me? ignoring my presence? or just focused on other people. So far for me the reason people think im suspicious is just because of my lack of activity, but Im pretty sure there is much more so I'd like to see these arguments. For all we know I could be a minor BtD

In terms of who I think is suspicious? Well there was Cstar who would always just urge the quiet ones but not say much herself, though her recent post kind of lowered that suspicion.

I believe Princess used to be quite suspicious and Judge just recently replaced her. Im just curious why much of the suspicion has been lifted so there is that for me.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Guess I'll just go ahead and throw in my vote

Vote: Twilightblader

15. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Unvote:cstar

Vote:Twilightblader

Hammer dropped and fate sealed.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That is indeed hammer. Will edit this post with info in the next half hour or so. (Sorry about the wait, I know you're all on pins & needles)

17. Jiηx You're such a loser.

No editing posts!

18. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[​IMG]

I should of voted for myself to look cool

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HAMMER
    • Cat~ - 1 (cstar)
    • TwilightBlader - 5 (Hyuge, Judge Sunrose, Cat~, Moksha, Vivi)
    . . .

You know the drill by now.

The morning fog. The midday tension. The evening firefight.

The inevitable casualty.

TwilightBlader has been lynched. He was Shaun Tobin, an ordinary Townie.​

So let's skip to the new part.

As the smoke clears, and the loss of another dear friend is mourned, the Miami Police Department raise their heads at the sound of their radios crackling to life. An urgent call is issued from HQ; an enormous Cartel force is bearing down on them. The thugs here must've been a distraction. Suddenly the streets are awash with red, white, blue and black as present company race back to the scene...

But they're too late. The only ones there to greet them are dealers and addicts, trigger-happy psychos and sociopaths. On spotting this new wave of police, the Cartel opens fire. Several cop cars speed away that instant; those who remain are either slaughtered or forced to join the cowards in retreat.

The law is gone. Now only the Medellín Cartel remains. They are your law now, Miami.

With the Town's numbers critically low, the Redirector still at play, and the Vigilante's identity known to his enemies, there is no longer any hope for defense or retaliation. Thus Hyuge, Vivi, and Moksha overrun the Town.

Mᴀғɪᴀ Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ

Good game all around! Thanks for playing, everyone. Stay tuned to the OP for information about the setup, Quicktopics, and more! In the meantime feel free to discuss the results at your leisure. Also, if you'd like to see a performance critique of each player and faction (or at least aren't opposed to it), speak up now! You may also opt-out if you wish.

20. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm pretty sure I don't even need to vote at this point...but as far as my suspicions lie, TwilightBlader (due to how I don't quite feel comfortable with how he's worded his defenses) and Cstar (adamantly telling people not to vote for her in a way I've not seen any other member do so) are the most suspicious to me.

EDIT: I WOULD FUCKING POST RIGHT AS THE GAME ENDS