Mafia [Mafia] Miami Haze ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

We only need one more vote for default to die, and no other scummy person that close.

Once again, a no lynch is a worst-case scenario.

If you don't have a strong hunch against default being mafia, consolidation on the lynch would be a big help right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1409257280][/DOUBLEPOST]@What: You promised a smaller list and hinted at a vote. Where are you?

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ughh, I feel stupid, what do you mean by consolidation on the lynch?

I'm not against default being lynched, but I'm not completely convinced either which is why I haven't changed my vote to him yet. I'll be online right upto the deadline so plenty of time for me to change my vote. I won't let it go to a 'No lynch' if it's just a matter of me voting.

3. jafar custom title

unvote: hayabusa

vota: makaze

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

For the sake of having a lynch towards a relatively scum candidate at all, I'll vote for default for the time being. It's a little bad looking given the time and band wagoning and so on, but it's the strongest move I can confidently make given the speed of play I've observed.

Vote: default

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'd say that the current targets are to be expected. I've gotta say though, I'd rather get rid of some of the more vocal members. I'm still on the fence about @The Fuk? Mak and What? but I do think default is hiding something. With that said:

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Might as well get the day over with.

__// Vote: default

7. jafar custom title

that's it for today's news. this is default, signing off.

8. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I guess this is a thing, now. No need for a Second Opinion, I guess.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Consolidation on a lynch means coming together on a lynch to avoid a No Lynch. It's the point in the day where we all agree that we need to lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone and come to a consensus. Consolidation is usually brought up when we need someone who has been tunneling a side character to lynch a bigger target.

In other words: 'Better a soft lynch on X than a single vote on Y.'

When I changed my vote from The Fuk? to Bite the Dust, I was consolidating on the lynch because it was clear I wasn't doing town any favors by sitting on a target no one else wanted to kill. It was better for town if I waited to lynch The Fuk? later.

The same thing happened when I voted for default. This consolidation has the bonus of fitting one of my top reads.[DOUBLEPOST=1409261220][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wait... Why would you want to get rid of the more vocal members? Scaring people into silence turns the remaining town into sheep.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Return to Default Votings
    • Calxiyn - 1 (TwilightBlader)
    • default - 8 (Vivi's Dark Side, Marushi, Makaze, Calxiyn, Jiku Neon, Cat~, Hyuge, Bite the Dust)
    • Makaze - 4 (The Fuk?, Princess ♥, Midnight Star, default)
    With 18 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Thursday, August 28th, at 7 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

Remember, if default gets one more vote that's a hammer; no votes can be changed and the Day is over. (Or it may have already happened and I miscounted, wouldn't be the first time :v)

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Unote: Makaze

Vote: Default

lets see what happens

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ah, that makes sense, I'm not consolidating as I want to keep talking.

Also lynching the more vocal members gives us information to look back on when they're dead. By no means lynch all the active people as that'd kill the game but killing some gives us a lot more to go on in future days.[DOUBLEPOST=1409261698][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn!!! I was ninja'd, sorry for the post after the hard lynch.

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HAMMER
    • Calxiyn - 1 (TwilightBlader)
    • default - 9 (Vivi's Dark Side, Marushi, Makaze, Calxiyn, Jiku Neon, Cat~, Hyuge, Bite the Dust, Princess ♥)
    • Makaze - 3 (The Fuk?, Midnight Star, default)
    . . .

Patrols are tight today. Cops travel in squads, nervously mindful of their surroundings. Some citizens have already been paid a visit by the feds, and more follow today. Another day of quiet tension...

...and another evening of sirens and gunfire. What begins as an arrest of the most notorious freelance journalist on the coast spirals into another shootout, as it appears the MPD's mark has enemies in the Cartel as well. The police manage to secure their own safe exit, but the journalist catches a stray bullet mid-flight and goes down like a rag doll.

default has been lynched. He was Clarence Crawford, the Third-Party Reporter.​

N I G H T • T W O

Night ends on Sunday, August 31st, at 7 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST). Day start may be somewhat delayed.

14. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Gee, is my alarm clock broken or something? Night should be over now, no?

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

The rooster might still be napping from the secret late night party we had under the moderator's nose.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Apologies for the delay everyone, still ironing out the replacement situation. Gonna go ahead and bump the Daystart back to tomorrow at 5 p.m. (EST). If you were waiting to see who died, go ahead and get some rest.

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The torture!

18. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Damnit, need to wait and see if I wake up dead again, this is just mean.

19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

This is like the most nerve racking thing ever.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

There is no sleep that night in Miami. The Cartel decide to hit back in a big way, and raid the police station in the dead of night. For hours and hours the fight rages on; thunderous bursts of fire, shattering glass, and frantic shouts drown out all other noise for several blocks...

Then, just as the sun is coming up, hostilities begin to break and the Cartel clear out. Their objective is met: The police chief is dead. They leave the rest with a grim claim: "This city is ours. Get used to it."

Tale has been murdered. He was Jaime Herrera, an ordinary Townie.​

D A Y • T H R E E

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch and 5 to soft-lynch. Deadline is Friday, September 5th, at 5 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

Moksha is replacing TheWorldThatNeverWas and Mish is replacing Jiku Neon.