Lovely Complex

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bushy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Episodes: 24

Second Season?: Nope, It's finished.

Plot Summary: Risa Koizumi, taller than the average girl, and Atsushi Otani, shorter than the average guy - their constant bickering and comical love-hate relationship is well-known throughout the school. They act similarly and love the same music, and their friendship is full of laughing, shouting at each other, and of course, lots of jokes about one another's height. But when Risa notices her feelings for Otani growing, she's worried. She doesn't know if he can ever see her as more than a friend. With her friends rooting for her, she struggles to make him see how she feels about him, and that a romantic relationship between a tall girl and a short guy can work. Oblivious Otani doesn't make things easy for her, but she stubbornly perseveres in her own unconventional way, determined for her feelings to get through to him, and finally be returned. If only she could do it without driving herself and everyone else crazy in the process...

My thoughts: This is actually a rather old anime that I picked up in my spare time.
    It's a great example of how the classic Comedy Romance anime's can be so good.
    I watched all 24 episodes pretty quickly and enjoyed every single one. The characters are some awesome, lovely, and hilarious, so you don't get fed up of them at all. The story is absolutely incredible, cause despite the comedy, it still has a rather emotional and solid plot.
    At any rate, this is one of the top romance animes I've seen alongside Toradora and other such anime (and I've seen a lot)
    I definitely recommend this to people. It leaves you feeling happy and special despite all the awesome ups and downs that the characters feel.
    It's one of those anime that you feel you can grow with as the characters grow too.
    So yeah, I seriously say to give it a try. :D

~

But yeah.
    Anyone else watch this anime?
    Any thoughts and things to add etc?

(Please remember to spoiler tag things if you're gonna talk about story elements, so as not to ruin things for people who may wish to watch it but haven't yet. Thanks. XD)

2. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I watched this years ago and absolutely loved it. I've been meaning to re-watch it, might watch it this week since you reminded me. xD

Has anyone read the manga?