Light Vs Darkness: The Minds Beginning

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Wattana watched as this woman's interactions went immediately commanding. She was not surprised that she could fight, she would be surprised if anyone came to this neck of the woods not being able to hold their own. It was a matter of how instant she was able to change. But, at least now Wattana could confirm that the cat was not a cat. Or at the very least a very odd, and completely different breed of cat. That could disappear too. Though she still doubted it was a cat.

Wattana intended to turn around and head on out of there, but instead she turned around to walk down the alleyway to see more of these creatures. She stared for a moment, let out a sigh, and then unsheathed her axe and turned her head slightly towards Paige and spoke,
    "I'm pretty sure that right now, running off is probably the worst of choices."

Wattana spun the axe slightly before throwing it towards the heartless. It hit a couple of them and they staggered back and she held out both of her hands and touched the metal bracelets on her arms together. The axe responded with a shake and flew back at her. She caught it and watched the heartless recover almost immediately from that.
    "...huh."

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The first thing that Dawn had done aside from thank him was to ask how could she repay him. Not the first thing that he was expecting, but he would be sure to make a note of that for future reference. Next she he'll out her arm for him to take a look at her injuries. They were unusual to say the least. "Hmm, I'd have to guess that its some kind of mark or residue from the creatures that appeared earlier." Before he could cay anything else about the marks, Sr. Pain in the Ass had walked in the door.

The first thing that he did was to say that he didn't have the right to be near his sister, which if he'd listen to him Dawn probably would have either died or ended up in worse condition that she was now, but that little information flew over his head. Especially considering how he said that he couldn't even protect him. "If I remember correctly dipshit, you said that protecting your sister was your responsibility as her guardian and seeing as how you got here later than I did, the outcome could've been a lot worse if I hadn't intervene.

As Dmitri left the house to go the the hospital, Xross was following behind him. No hospital was going to save his idiot from his wrath. Heck the hospital probably won't even help Dawn at all. "Taking her to a hospital won't solve anything if they don't know anything about what caused the wound." Despite his words odds were high that he wouldn't hear a single thing that he said and would still take her to the hospital only for what he just said to be proven and lets throw in the likely chance of Xross being blamed again cause Dmitri can't admit when he's the one at fault.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dmitri scowled at Xross. The insults where one thing but even thinking of the possibility of Dawn possibly being hurt worse was what really got to him. Sure she could protect herself but even he had a slight bit of trouble fighting these strange creatures. It wasn't at all because they where hard to kill just their patterns and movements where strange to him as well as the fact that they could just become part of the ground and move around made it hard to predict when he was able to strike next. Dmitri had no doubts that against a regular opponent that Dawn would need no help, no saying he wouldn't help anyways, but this was a bit different.

During the walk towards the hospital Xross said something else, saying going was pointless. Dmitri just stopped and turned to Xross.
    "They may not be able to help, but I would rather let them try then to just sit back and watch whatever that is infect her body. I am not going to do nothing when she is injured like this. Look I don't know why you are still following us but if you aren't going to be any help I would rather you just go home. At this point it isn't a case of me being over protective about my sister, it is a case of me not wanting to see whatever is in that wound kill her and trying to do anything I can to fix it. If that is such a bad thing then let me go to hell for it, I don't care, but she certainly does not deserve any problems that wound might give her." Dmitri's voice was almost calm, still annoyed but calm. He was almost on auto pilot now as he was trying to help his sister, doing only what he thought necessary.

As Dmitri talked with Xross Dawn looked around at where they where. They where near the center of town, an area with lots of shops and cafe's and stuff. In the distance the hospital was visible, it wasn't that far away, but Dawns attention was quickly drawn away from the large building. Only a few meters from where she stood a bunch of people gathered, all fighting the same black creatures that had attacked her earlier. Dawn just barely glanced back at her brother before running off while he wasn't paying attention. She wasn't about to let others get hurt too. She had to do something to help. Wielding her sword in her left hand Dawn ran up right beside an ax wielding male. "Looks like you guys could use a little help... And don't you dare tell me to back off or not help I am already sick of being told what to do by my brother all the time." She stated as she lunged at a creature and took it out. Her hair flowed behind her as she began going around helping take out some of the many heartless that where in the area. In the midst of this she looked over to see one attack a random defenseless citizen, the man soon disappeared releasing a pink heart. Not long after that a black creature appeared where the man had been. Just the idea of what it had done bothered Dawn immensely. "Where are these things coming from?" Dawn mumbled to herself as she continued helping with the fight the best she could despite her injuries.

[​IMG]
    Paige looked up as someone approached her telling her that the idea of going inside locking the doors was a dumb idea. "Well it would hopefully be safer than the streets." Paige retorted not really having anything else to say in response. "Paige... Paige Huru. I hate when people call me miss. And who are you supposed to be." She eyed the man before her. It was then that Paige heard Wattana speak up, glancing over there where more of the creatures. After mumbling a few curses under her breath Paige reached into her other boot and drew a second dagger. "Guess now isn't the time for introductions or explanations." She told the man before running at the creatures. Paige was fast and as she moved it was like she didn't make a sound. Her feet where silent on the cement, her dress flowed effortlessly behind her as she prepared for an assault on the creatures. Even though the creatures where fast and had the ability to blend in with the shadows and almost become part of the ground, Paige was faster and could hear every movement they made. She was prepared for almost anything, though knowing little about them. Adapting to whatever happened, that was what made Paige the best at what she did.

4. Skyheart Joker

After Orbis had issued his warning out to the people, he saw the two girls have a short little exchange with each other only for the little girl to run at them, and looked...angry? She then started shouting at Orbis, telling him to say sorry to "Mr. Bear." Who the fuck was Mr. Bear? He was thoroughly confused as to why they would need to apologize to someone named Mr Bea- oh shit. Mr. Bear was the name of the guy whose house he busted through, wasn't it? He looked back and saw that he wasn't chasing after them still, and started to wonder just how the little girl knew what he did. Regardless, this was a bit of a problem, and if this was someone who new him, then they'd probably be forced to help rebuild or pay for that wall. Man, Orbis didn't have that many dollars...wait a second. What the hell were dollars? That sounded like a crazy name for money. Now Munny made much more sense. Where was he? Oh right, terrifying little girl who wanted him to say sorry to angry black man who's house he broke through.

As Orbis was getting a nervous sweat on his face, Lapis noticed something about the girl as she was coming closer. She was holding a stuffed bear, and was yelling about a Mr. Bear, so Lapis figured that, "I'm pretty sure it's nothing you're thinking about." After she said that to Orbis, she pointed to bear, making him quickly relax and let out a sigh of relief. As the girl was now at them and demanding an apology, Orbis looked at the person he presumed to be her sister with a face that said 'what's her problem?' Despite this, Lapis still bent down and patted the angry girl on the head saying, "my friend here is very sorry for what he did to Mr. Bear. Would you be willing to forgive us Miss?"

Noir had heard the girl introduce herself as Paige, as apparently titles were not her cup of tea. He put his hand to his chest as he was about to introduce himself, as she had asked him his identity, though more of these black shadowy creatures had started to appear and apparently the time for introductions had passed. Shrugging he said, "very well then." Noir hadn't actually done anything for the first few moments after his appearance, as he wanted to see what these two ladies were going to do first. He observed the axe toting girl just pull it back to herself after throwing it. Well that was a different type of magic, and he wasn't entirely discern what it was just by this quick glance, but he was curious nonetheless. It was then the Miss, Paige, had gone off running around and getting ready to attack the creatures. The assault didn't prove to do much as the creatures continued to blend with the shadows, which seemed to be quite the pesky ability. He then looked over his shoulder to see one of the creatures jumping at him from the shadows, and simply brought his blade up and rested it on his shoulder. The creature ended up impaling itself against the blade, and Noir simply brought the blade around so it was now in front of him. Looking at the creature, he wondered aloud, "now just what are you?" The creature continued to struggle on the blade, though it was only making the wound worse until it finally exploded into a black smoke cloud, leaving nothing behind. These things were fascinating.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Anta's day was pretty uneventful so far. For the first half of her day, she woke up very early. Before dawn had even broken the horizon with an explosion of color. She awoke feeling strange and decided to go out into the forest that surrounded her home. She felt most at home when she had many of the earth's plants around her. They each sang their own song and she could ear it as she sat outside her home. The ground was wet with dew and thus, her pajamas were now soaked. She didn't let that deter her from meditating, however, as she continued to sit and closed her eyes.

Much later, Anta was now leaving her home. Turning around, she locked the door and turned back to the path that lead from her home to the street that ran through the forest below. "What was that?" she asked herself, walking with her staff in her hand. It was a pretty large staff, the top of it was taller than she was and Anta was 5 feet 11 inches herself. She used the staff as a sort of walking stick because the path was pretty uneven going down. A few times, she nearly tripped as well. Especially today, her mind was in the clouds. "The earth is singing a somber song...I...I don't know what it means..." she admitted to herself as she reached the road. Looking both ways, she walked to the bus stop that was a bit down the road. Sitting on the bench, she crossed her legs and laid the staff across her lap.

"Whatever it is, I hope things don't go bad today. I'd hate to have to fight, even if my staff doubles as a bladed weapon..." she thought to herself. The bus arrived moments later and soon enough, Anta was dropped off at the shopping district. Stepping inside a shop, she didn't notice the commotion outside until she left the shop a bit later with a cookie in her mouth. She bit hard on the cookie when she saw people were fighting some strange dark creatures. Stuffing the other half of the cookie in her mouth, Anta ran and jumped into the fray, slashing a creature in half. It soon disappeared and left a strange dark goop on Anta's blade. "Strange..." she muttered, looking up to see a girl that was fighting a bit away. Her arm was bleeding, but she told another person with an ax that she wanted to fight and wouldn't listen to people telling her to leave. Anta scooted closer and looked down at Dawn. "At least let me cover your wound with a bandage..." she said meekly, her voice barely audible above the commotion.

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Azra, being trapped in a cage by his brother, knew the purpose of it. While he would have liked to not have been taken out of the fight even momentarily, he knew his brother was trying to give him cover. He'd been caught by a surprise attack. "Cura!" He called out. I second tier healing spell should be enough to get him back on his feet. No reason to waste more mana trying to over-heal himself. The light raced over the wound and stitched the skin back together where it had parted. It wasn't completely healed, but it was more than enough. The wound could have been carried on with even without healing. "India! I'm fine, now drop the cage!" His brother did as Azra said and the cage vanished.

Now ready to enter the battle once more, Azra unsheathed his blade Excalibur. Before, when he had been fighting Sombra, it was merely a friendly duel. This was a real fight. One to the death. There was no longer a reason to hold back the powers of Excalibur, the power of the light. With the golden blade now unsheathed, Azra cut through a shadow which had leaped at him like it was nothing. Several shadows had begun swarming him, but without trickery, such weak creatures couldn't lay a hand on Azra. With a sweep of his sword across the air, a wave of light cleaved through and burnt to nothingness the five which were attempting to overcome him with numbers. Pleasantly surprised, several people had arrived and began to help them. "Comrades! Let us wipe these creatures from the face of our world! May they return to whence they came bearing the shame of defeat!"

India watched the wound Azra had been dealt. It was smoking with a black haze, before it was healed. It was likely due to the weakness of the creature inflicting it that it was so easily healed, but...It was fascinating. Calling back his glaive to him by manipulating the electrical current within it, India grasped it tightly, ready to assist in the fight. The image of the smoking claw marks still painted his thoughts. India had already realized why it was smoking and seemed to damage Azra more than the others who had gotten scratched. "It's the opposing element to light..."
    India tossed his glaive, destroying one of the creatures which attempted to attack Dain. While he could have handled it, a little help never hurt.

Whilst the glaive was away from him, a skillful display of punches and kicks managed dispatch a few near him. It looked like somewhere between a master martial artist and a skilled street fighter. The second part he'd more or less learned from Dain. In an effort to dispatch most of them, India tossed his weapon high into the air. With both of his hands, he channeled streams of bright white electricity "Thundaga burst!" The glaive turned a solid white, crackling with all the energy inside of it. Spinning, it let loose a rain of small lightning bolts down upon the creatures. It proved quite effective, taking out at least ten or fifteen all at once, and injuring a few more. "Leave one of them alive! Capture it! If i can find out more about these things, then we could be better prepared to fight them!" While it was true that he wanted to study the creatures, his motives were less pure than he let on. In truth, he wanted to satisfy this unbearable curiosity. After all, these things had an affinity with an element thought to not even exist, and THAT was worth studying. Given a suspicious glance from his brother, Azra seemed to ask what he was up to. "As he says. Knowledge is power." Luckily enough, Azra seemed to accept his desire to study them and spoke up, agreeing with him.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dain was still fighting off the heartless when a girl decided to enter the battle. A cute girl too, more importantly. Shortly after her appearance, a green haired one made her entrance too. With a mighty swing of his axe, Dain turned to look at Dawn. "Hey, haven't seen you around here before" he said, shortly before clearly checking her out, no attempt to hide it whatsoever, "yep..definitely haven't seen you" he said, a cocky smile on his face. He heard a sound come from behind him, and instinctively turned around to see another heartless. Hitting it once, he knocked it back, then a few more times, killing it and causing it to vanish. Completely ignoring her telling him not to send her away, he spoke. "Better let the men handle this one, these things aren't amazingly dangerous, but you never know right? No idea where they came from, all I know is I'm going to send them all back there" Dain stated.

It was then he heard India calling out. "Got it!" he called back, making sure his friend knew he had heard and understood. "Well, all except one" he said, a slight snicker at the end of his statement. Whirling back around, he engaged another shadow in combat, his axe being swung around as naturally as possible, as though it were an extension of himself rather than a seperate weapon.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The next to arrive on the scene with all of the heartless was the duo of Valken and Sirin. When they all of the the creature, they didn't quite know what to think of the situation. Sirin hadn't seen these creatures before but her innate and totally not twisted (It really isn't twisted) sense of justice lead her to jump into the fray. Valken on the other hand stopped for a moment to look at the creatures. They looked exactly like the creature that he thought he saw earlier so it was likely to assume that they were the same. Some guy had mentioned something about keeping one of them alive for examination purposes, which only gained a shrugged from Valken. They'd just gotten there so there was no in questioning what was going on at the moment.

[​IMG]
    Not only did they run into the same black creatures from before, but there seemed to be another group of people there fighting. Dawn had easier escaped the kung fu grip of her brother to join in the fray, which started off by her talking to a complete strangers. "You've really lost your hold of things. First you let her get injured, now your letting two complete strangers, one of which I'm pretty sure is hitting on her, stand near her. For shame." Xross was enjoying being a catalyst for all this. It made dealing with him completely worth it. The next thing that he did was to go towards the tables and take a seat. They could do fine without him, besides he could observe both the creatures and the fighters from this distance. Sure he was still likely in danger, but these mindless creatures weren't smart enough find a way past his portal defense.

9. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    Sombra had continued fighting these creatures that seemed to be black as night. They were numerous and relentless, though infinite and complex they were not. After the initial shock of just what these creatures were and what they were capable of, they actually seemed to be much less threatning that previously thought. While their ability to meld into the shadows was quite the troublesome one, the only thing they were capable of offensively doing appeared to be scratching people. Furthermore, as Azra had gotten back and let loose his golden blade's light, it was noticeable that the amount of these creatures was starting to thin out. Things also seemed to turn around in against the favor of the creatures as a handful more people had started to join in on the fight, pushing them all back.

As Sombra was beating her wooden blade of light against these creatures, slicing through them like heated butter, the white haired boy with the thunder magic had told them to leave at least one of them alive so as the could learn more about them. While Sombra was reluctant to do so, she understood the importance of knowing thy enemy. And if these weren't the last of these creatures, and if they were stronger creatures of the same species, then having all the knowledge they could get now would be fairly important.

Rushing at the black creatures made of shadows, she swung her hallow wooden blade at the first set that seemed to jump at her. Slicing through three of these creatures at once, her attention was turned to the two that were left. She through her light imbued blade at one of them, one that was trying to escape into the shadows, while the final one jumped at her. Imbuing one hand with light, she managed to thrust her fingers forward towards it, cutting through its claw that was trying to strike at her.. She then took her other hand and grabbed the crippled creature. It seemed to writhing in pain, and the wound her hand had caused seem to slowly be burning it until the light finally faded. However, there was not the crippled being could do to her and said,
    "I have caught one of them."

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dawn tucked her hair behind her ear. "I have been around, but usually I am stuck at home or school hence why you haven't seen me." Dawn seemed completely oblivious to the fact that Dain was checking her out but in reality she honestly didn't care much, she actually kinda liked the attention. Although this attitude changed when Dain told her to back off and leave the fighting to the men. Swinging her sword to her side she soon lifted it to Dains face. "Don't you dare tell me I can't fight. I am sick of it. I train everyday after class for at least two hours, I am more then capable of holding my own. And these things can hurt, trust me, but that won't stop me. It doesn't matter that they leave some sort of weird residue. I don't care, I will fight." Dawn then turned to the other girl. "Don't need it, these things are still around so we need to take care of them. My injuries are no big deal." Dawn normally was a calm, quiet, collected girl, but today she was being pushed to the breaking point.

Dmitri waited for Xrosses response but instead of Xross finally seeing what Dmitri was doing and why, he commented on Dawn getting away. He hadn't even noticed she had left his side. Geez that girl was getting on her nerves today. "Dawn!" Dmitri's voice was harsh as he walked over to his sister grabbing her by the arm and yanking her away. Soon he grabbed under her arm and examined her wound a little more. "It is getting worse. We are taking you to the hospital. And why the hell did you think it was okay to talk to them, any of them?!"

"Dmitri, Xross is right, what will the hospital do about it. Besides I am not about to leave without helping fight. You trained me to fight and now I want to help protect those who can't. Let me go." Dawn tried to yank away from Dmitri's grasp, but it just tightened. Dawn didn't say another word but instead found herself looking at the man with the ax with pleading eyes asking for help. She didn't want to deal with Dmitri right now.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Anta scoffed at Dain's words. He acted like a total jerk, the way he sat there and tried to be a big man. He was a fool to think he could easily sit here and take on all of these alone. He should be happy that people even considered helping him, seeing as he acted in such a way. "We don't need you telling us what to do." she retorted, tapping her foot on the ground. The ground moved under Dain and caused a small hump in his way that would most likely trip him if he didn't pay attention.

Turning to Dawn, Anta listened to her talk. "No, I can tell your wound is bad...it...it just has a dark feeling to it. Like poison. I'd rather mend the wound before it gets ba-" she spoke, getting interrupted by Dimitri as he stood there and grabbed her arm. Dawn's face looked painful as he kept a tight grip on Dawn, demanding to take her to the hospital. Dawn tried to talk back against him, but he still kept a tight grip on her arm. Looking at Dawn's eyes, Anta sighed and placed the bladed end of her staff back into it's sheath.

"Look, you...purple haired...brute." she began, glaring at Dimitri. Anta stepped between him and Dawn, crossing her arms. Her own emerald eyes were glaring daggers at him now. "This girl is clearly wounded and all you can do is MANHANDLE her? You're a bad man, let her go. I'm going to heal her before she gets poisoned by whatever this is. Do you WANT her to die? I certainly would not want anybody to die from such a wound. I may not know much about this wound, but I certainly can tell that it's a bad injury." she huffed. Turning to Dimitri's hand on Dawn's arm, Anta placed her hands around the spot. "Obviously this girl is precious to you if you're standing here and trying to protect her. But right now, you certainly are NOT helping her. So please, let me take care of her." she frowned, eying the wound. "Why not deal with the axe man? He's been checking out this girl ever since she got over here." she smirked, thinking this would be fair payment for his blatant sexism.

Turning her head to Dawn, Anta smiled. "I'm Anta. I live in the woods and create healing salves as well as maintain the woods. What's your name?" she said, a slight blush on her face. Her voice also returned to it's barely audible state, having previously been much louder to try and get her point across.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dain leaned backwards as the girl put her weapon in his face. Part of him found it hot, but for the most part, he just found it amusing. Casually, he lowered his axe and pushed pushed the weapon away from him. "Naw, that's adorable, you think you can actually hurt me" he said, chuckling a little bit. However, he stopped as the girl's brother pulled her away. Although, part of him found it even more amusing that she was actually asking for his help. Hey, maybe he'd get her to hang around him or something if he helped, it'd certainly be more interesting than listening to Renna's attempts to get into India's pants. However, Anta went and like, totally screwed any chance of him helping.

Shrugging his shoulders, Dain decided to simply roll with it rather than deny it. Anyone could see that he really had been looking at Dawn, so there was no point in trying to cover it up. Holding his axe with one hand, he placed one hand on Anta's shoulders. "You know, I really appreciate you trying to help out, buuuuut" he said, before shoving Anta to the side. "Nobody really gives a shit who you are" Dain said, patting her on the head as you would a dog as he stepped past. It wasn't hard enough to cause her to fall over, but it was enough he was able to push past her and stand in front of her. Facing Dmitri now, he tried to look as calm as he possibly could. "Hey there. Don't listen to the green-haired girl, she's delusional. I mean, I was checking out your captive there, but how is she going to learn she can't fight if she doesn't get her butt kicked once in a while? Come on, let her try, it'll be funny" Dain said, encouraging Dawn's release in his own unique way.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dmitri yanked Dawn behind him so he soon stoop between her and the green haired girl. "What the hell are you talking about?! All I am trying to do is get her to the hospital for some proper help not help from some sort of hippy elf girl." Dmitri scowled. No one seemed to understand this simple concept, not even his own sister, she didn't want to go for some reason. Everything was so frustrating. That was when the girl placed her hand on him. Dmitri didn't have time to react to that before she was pushed out of the way and the man who was flirting with his sister stepped in. He outright stated that he was checking out Dawn. He proceeded to tell Dmitri basically letting her get hurt or fight would be good for her. Step by step everyone was getting at him. Dmitri reached for his sword once again letting go of Dawn without thinking of it. His anger was getting to him. "Listen you over compensating ****** bag. Her getting hurt more is not going to help. She is perfectly capable of fighting but only to warn off ****** bags like you. So if you want to go, I will happily kick you butt. I swear, none of you are worthy of her. You wonder why I keep her locked up at home? This is why?! You are all idiots?!" Dmitri yelled out getting ready for a battle.

Dawn took this opportunity to run. With Dmitri and Dain blocking the view of Anta and Dmitri and Dain going at it, Dawn had the chance to get out of there without anyone who cared following her. Or that was the theory. Dawn didn't want Anta to heal her, she didn't need healing. Sure her wound was bad, but at this point Dawn barely felt it, and she had a feeling the infection needed more then healing magic to fix it. After all it was no normal wound or infection, it was from an unknown source. Chances where that it couldn't be healed without knowing what it was, and they didn't. Dawn had almost decided that if this infection was to get the better of her. If it was to kill her then she was fine with it. Her life was not anything special, in fact it had been going downhill fairly fast. Dmitri was protective but even more so around this time of year and she didn't understand why. It annoyed her. Dawn ran past the rest of the group of people and found an ally. That is where she stopped and slouched against the wall cradling her injured arm simply staring at the spread of black in her arm It had now spread from her wrist almost to her elbow, not quite reaching it. Dawn looked away from her wound slightly saddened by it. She might have been prepared for what was to come but she didn't want to go not yet. There had to be someone out there that could help her. She didn't know who or where but someone who could figure out what it was and put a stop to the spread.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Xross was enjoying seeing Dmitri deal with the situation that he's gotten himself into. The iron clad kung fu grip on his sister had severely loosen with the assistance of two other people. He couldn't help but to laugh at her calling Anta an elf hippie. And Xross thought that he was judgmental about
    people, but that takes the cake. "Don't forget I still need to kick you ass!" They still needed to settle that, the other two could get in line behind him. The number of shadow creatures had dwindle to the point where Xross actually got off his lazy butt. Not to help, it was a little late for that, but during everything with her brother, Dawn had fled the area. Injured and alone were not the ideal situation for a girl. Dmitri's reaction to noticing his sister was gone definitely would've been funny, but Xross didn't dislike him to that point. So he then simply walked away from the table and towards the direction Dawn ran off in.

After escaping the realm known as Moksha limbo, Matthews finally had something to do that made sense. Well more sense than a majority of things in LvD. While Dawn an ominous figure had emerged from the shadows, carefully concealing his presence. So long as the girl didn't see him, then she would be a easy target. Matthews drew out his weapon, an over sized a prepared to throw it at the unsuspecting Dawn.

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dain pushed Anta away fairly easily. Of course, Anta wasn't very happy, but she didn't want to pick a fight anyway. So she watched as Dimitri started to get ready to kick Dain's ass. Looking over to Dawn, Anta watched as she ran off to hide. Anta looked back at Dimitri and noticed he hadn't seen her leave. Feeling concern for Dawn, Anta decided to follow after her. She may not want healing, from the looks of things, but Anta wouldn't want her to sit there and suffer alone. As soon as Dimitri had pulled his sword out, Anta decided to slip away, clacking her staff back together.

Hurrying after Dawn, Anta thought to herself about what had happened. It was clear that Dimitri was very protective of her, that was sure. But why wouldn't he see that her wound was not anything normal? If he took her to the hospital, she'd probably get taken away for experiments or something. Besides that, Dawn had this...air..about her. Like, she was desperately trying to get a friend or at least getting away from Dimitri. Anta watched Dawn slump against a wall and look at her arm. It certainly had gotten worse, from what Anta could see, and Dawn had a worried look. Or at least, Anta saw worry on her face.

Looking over, Anta saw Xross was walking towards Dawn as well. Anta stared at him as she approached Dawn. He was the one that was fighting Dimitri earlier. Apparently they have a fight to settle from the way Xross called out to Dimitri as he walked away. Anta shook her head and walked faster, arriving at Dawn first. Kneeling down, Anta sat on her knees and placed her staff across her lap. "Your name is Dawn, yes?" she asked, looking at Dawn's face and trying to ignore the wound for now. It was obvious Dawn didn't want to discuss it, so she decided to respect that for the time being. "That guys name was Dimitri, right? Why is he so protective of you? Are you two related?" she asked, curious.

"I mean, I'm just somebody you just met. A stranger...but I can tell he doesn't treat you right. The way he's protective of you is downright disrespectful. You looked like you could handle yourself...I...I think..." Anta said, not doing so well with complimenting Dawn. Her face surely blushed, but it was more from embarrassment than anything else. "Does it...hurt?" she asked, nodding at the wound. "You...you probably don't want help, but...if you...if you really need some help, I can...help...a little." she said, her voice cracking.

"O-Oh...my name is Anta...if you didn't hear me before..." she finished, giving Dawn a chance to speak.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dain stood there with his axe ready, his eyes never moving from Dmitri. Anta and Dawn had run off, but that didn't matter. Dain had been challenged to a fight, and a challenge was something the boy never backed down from. He did, however, have to refrain from laughing at Dmitri's outburst. He did a pretty poor job of it, laughing out loud quite a few times before he finally stopped and looked at Dmitri once more. "Oh man, you really got pissed off at me for wanting to bang your sister didn't you? Are you a little jealous or something huh? Feeling a little closer than just brother and sister?" Dain asked, stepping back just a tiny bit as he attempted to deliberately provoke Dmitri into an attack.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dmitri's eyes filled with rage as Dain made the comment about him being into his sister, but not before blatantly saying he wanted to have sex with her. "What the hell is your issue. Learn some respect for goodness sakes. Dawn is my sister and I feel the need to protect her from idiots like yourself. She deserves better but can be to naive to know what she wants. She needs someone to take care of her and treat her right, but looks at everyone in too much of a positive view not seeing their negative aspect. It is my job to weed them out and make sure no one hurts her or treats her wrong." Dmitri explained obviously pissed before stepping forward to attack. "I will destroy you..." Dmitri snarled as he started his assault. The man wielded a large weapon so in theory he wouldn't be too fast with it, that would work well in Dmitri's favour. Dmitri might not have been as fast as his sister but he was still light enough on his feet that it worked well in his advantage. Dmitri's first attack was a simple one. He faked a blow aimed for Dains left side but switched to a right leg sweep in attempts to knock Dain to the ground. Dmitri was not ready to go all out yet, he just needed the battle started so he could figure out Dains skill set and how to counter it.

[​IMG]
    Dawn looked up at Anta as she approached not noticing the figure in the shadows. "Yeah that is right." Dawn replied to Anta asking about both her and her brothers names. "Dmitri is my brother... He just is trying to look out for me is all. Nothing wrong with that, right?" Dawn said almost oblivious to the fact that how her brother acted was not normal. She knew he was a little over the top when it came to protecting her but she didn't see it as a problem. She always figured that siblings being quite protective was normal, it made sense in her mind that it was. With this in mind Dawn looked the girl in the eyes. "How is it disrespectful? I mean it is annoying but he still respects me and all, he just wants to keep me safe." Dawn told Anta with a small smile.

Anta then asked about her arm and if it hurt.
    "No." Dawn lied looking at her arm. It wasn't a total lie, it didn't hurt as much as it did but it was still tender and pain did linger. Dawn then considered the girls offer to cure her now that she wasn't fighting anyways. "I just... I don't think it is possible to cure something without knowing what it is first and if the wound heals over and it is still in my body, then what? It seems almost like a risk to try...." Dawn admitted. Even with magic, it couldn't heal everything and having an idea of what you where curing always helped so Dawn was still holding onto hope that someone out there could find out what was in her wound and the best way to get rid of it, in the mean time she would deal with the pain and keep fighting. Then the girl introduced herself again, although Dawn had heard it the first time she felt like she should acknowledge it this time. "Hi Anta." Dawn said with a smile.

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Anta smiled. Dawn was a very nice person, although a little strange with how she thought a brother and sister should be. While being protective was normal in a sibling relationship, the length that Dimitri was going to was a little odd. After a bit of silence, Anta looked over to see Dimitri and Dain were starting to fight. Sighing deeply, Anta leaned back against the wall.

"Why must they fight? I mean...the fact that guy was saying some very gross things to you means he should be taught a lesson, but fighting won't solve anything. In any case..." she finished talking. Pulling her backpack in front of her Anta looked at Dawn. "At least let me cover your wound so it won't get infected." she said, rummaging through her backpack. Moments later, she produced some cause and tape. "After that, maybe we could try and stop their fighting?" she said.

When and if Dawn gave permission, Anta would cover the wound.

Looking around, Anta noticed that the dark beings still lingered here and there, but there weren't as many as there once were. "Most of the monsters are gone now. Off to meddle with innocent people or to lurk around..." she said, frowning. "This day has indeed turned out as strange as I thought it would. Dawn, what do you think?" she asked the girl.

"Do you think we should explore and try to figure things out? Maybe even get something to eat and talk then...? I am starving..." she asked another question, speaking lowly about getting food.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dain's attempts to not laugh failed. He burst out laughing once more. "You will destroy me? Little dramatic don't you think? If you want respect, you'll have to earn it. And a little piece of advice; saying you're going to destroy me isn't a way to get that, it's-" he started, before Dmitri attacked. Dain never stopped watching Dmitri's eyes, watching the swordsman's gaze shift ever so slightly towards his leg. Dain managed to move his axe so that he blocked the leg sweep, and then simply stood there for just a second. "It's a way to get yourself embarassed when you talk yourself up, and then get knocked onto your ass" he taunted, responding with a swift but aggressive kick for Dmitri's stomach.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dmitri was not expecting the Dain to block but even so Dmitri was ready for a counter. It was generally how a battle went one attacked then the other countered trying to catch the first off guard. Given this was so common Dmitri got ready for it and blocked the attack with the flat end of his sword He wasn't fighting to end it quickly by taking his ability to stand. Dmitri's eyes where cold as he stared down Dain. "I don't need your respect, but if you ever wished to be close to my sister it would a good thing to learn. Too bad you will never have that chance again." Dmitri told the man before calmly taking a step back. Dmitri swiped his sword through the air testing the weight once again although he knew it. Dmitri then glared before he moved, thinking through what exactly to do next. Body language was important in a fight. Dmitri glanced at every spot he could hit before shutting his eyes letting his instincts do the work. He had decided, studied the way Dain was standing everything, not selecting the last thing he looked at to hit. The second Dmitri's eyes closed he was off. Dmitri listened to everything around him and brought the butt end of his sword down aiming for Dains wrist. Right before he struck he opened his eyes, with any luck this hit would disarm the man.

[​IMG]
    "It is just what Dmitri does, it is what he is good at, and the only way he knows to prove his dominance. You know Dmitri is smarter then he leads most people to believe but he doesn't know how to channel it besides in combat." Dawn told Anta about her brother with much admiration for him. "Go ahead and cover it if you please. I don't want to see it anymore anyways." Dawn rested her head on the wall behind them as she held out her arm. "Leave them to fight, Dmitri will get over himself eventually, don't worry about it. " Dawn sound just as uncaring as she looked. After all she had grown up with Dmitri, his antics no longer bothered her.

Dawn then listened to Anta's suggestion of going to check things out and food.
    "You go... I am going to stay here, wait for my brother to cool off a bit, then maybe find someone that can look into what is happening to my arm. Maybe I will humor him and go to the hospital. I don't know, but I am tired and not really wanting to go anywhere yet. Long day, school, training, then this takes a lot out of a person you know." Dawn explained before giving Anta a warm smile that also proved to dismiss the girl if she wished to leave, she would be fine and didn't really need help or company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.