Light vs Darkness: The Minds Beginning

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

Before there was Kingdom Hearts. Before darkness was prominent in the world. When the worlds where not divided but one. There was a world full of those with pure hearts. Of course as of human nature there was always still lying, stealing, greed, and sin, but not enough to taint the hearts with darkness so much that it would effect the denizens of the peaceful world. Wars where few and everyone went through life happy. This couldn't always last however, curiosity could carry someone a little too far. The darkness in ones heart could grow past one is deemed normal leading to the certain creatures entering the world, the realm of light. The balance of light and dark was forever growing closer to the edge of too much and more greed, lust, and deception started entering the world. The tipping point was growing near. Cracks where forming but no tear in could be formed until one boy went too far. Unknown to the people at the time there was another realm that ran parallel to their own, one full of nothing but darkness, the place that the creatures resided. There was never enough darkness in the world to connect the two. This was all about to change. Everything everyone knew would disappear and be replaced with a new way of living and it wasn't necessarily a better way.

Information about the rp:
    • This is a prequel to one of my own RP's: The final war:Light vs Dark
    • No you don't have to be a part of or even know what happened in that one to join this one
    • This rp is part of a back story for a antagonist in LvD, that being said there will be plenty for everyone to do, I will try to make sure of that
    • The antagonist is not my own character but that does not mean I am not in control of the story and ideas are still to be brought to me
    • This rp takes place before the darkness comes so starting it will seem a bit slow but it will pick up
    • This is a Kingdom Hearts based rp, that being said some of the ideas implemented in it isn't going to be the same as the games, they will be a little more original.
    • This will have some inspiration from another rp Origins.
    • This rp takes place thousands of years before LvD so there really wouldn't be much for characters that carry over.
    • Due to how far back it is there would probably be no firearms
    Rules
    • Follow standard rules of khv
    • Please respect each other
    • If there is any conflict come to me about it and I will try to resolve it
    • Please be active
    • There is no limit on characters but only have as many as you can handle
    • Try to avoid one or two liner posts
    • You are allowed to bring in your own ideas and plot but please run ideas past me. I have minimal planned for the plot at this point so I would love to see others ideas I just don't want it to get out of control
    • Please no pestering each other to post. If someone needs to post then I will be the only one to remind them, this again is just to avoid conflict that I have had in the past.
    • If I missed rules I will add them but they should be self explanatory
    Character sheet:

Name:
    Weapon:
    Main magic focus:
    Appearance:
    Other:
    Theme:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Name: India
    Short Bio: India has always been...Off. No one has ever really been able to place what it is about him, but there is just something to the man that makes people uncomfortable. As though all their darkest secrets were transparently seen by him. He is of a genius intellect, and is a victim of insatiable curiosity. He constantly wishes to know more about everything, and one way or another, he always finds out.
    Weapon: Glave
    Main magic focus: Thunder
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: "The mind is the greatest traitor of all."
    Theme:

Name: Azra Weiss
    Short Bio: Azra is considered by many to be a hero among men. He is brother to India, but is nothing like him. He has a strong sense of justice, morals, and pride. He values light above all else in the world, believing it to be the source of all life. He has learned to harness the power of it, attempting to join himself with the light, and learn more about what it is.
    Weapon: Excalibur
    Main magic focus: Light
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other:"As i face down an army atop a mountain in winter's first snow, the last breaths of my enemies will craft the very fog which covers the mountain's peak."
    Theme:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

Name: Valinton
    Short Bio: Valinton has never been one to speak much. He was always that one quiet kid in the back of the classroom; and every time someone would approach him he would push them away. Valinton has also been known to be good with using fire and some healing spells.
    Weapon:
    [​IMG]
    Main magic focus: Firaga
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: N/A
    Theme:

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Name: Valken
    Short Bio: Valken is a very reckless person who in most occasions chooses to any advice that people may give him. This is proven by despite the warning that he was given to not take part in that would not only increase his strength, but also his affinity with fire magic. It was quite lucky for him that the experiment was a success, for the next person who took part lead to the facility being complete destroyed by an unknown force.
    Weapon: Dual blades
    Main magic focus: Fire
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: Elsword > Raven
    Theme:

Name: Sirin
    Short Bio: Once viewed as a famous warrior back in her home, Sirin is now a simple bounty hunter. While her status in the world has changed, her noble personality and her fighting skills have remained the same.
    Weapon: Ignis
    Main magic focus: Wind
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other:
    Theme:

And now presenting the return of

Name: Xross Veilsing
    Short Bio: Putting it bluntly Xross is both a cynical and calculative man. He's been like this for as long as he could remember. Human interaction was something he'd rather observe and watch fall to pieces instead of actually participating himself. Though on the rare case that he did interact with others, he made sure to use them to get whatever he needed at the time before casting them aside.
    Weapon: Durandal
    Main magic focus: Space
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: Over the years he'd come in contact with many interesting creatures, one of which he forged a contract with.
    Theme:

Name: Matthews Van Shirosen
    Short Bio: Orphaned at an early age, the concept of love is completely lost on him. Survival of the fittest was the rule that he lived by and due to having to fend for himself at a young age, his heart has been steel off from any emotions. Making killing an easier thing to do.
    Weapon: Dual Oversized Shuriken
    Main magic focus: Time
    Appearance: {+}
    Other: "Where there is light, there is shadow and where there are shadows, there is death"
    Theme:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  5. cstar stay away from my waifu

Name: Jian
    Short Bio: Jian is a hotheaded, cocky piece of work who thinks he knows everything there is to know. He doesn't, in fact he may know less than the average person. He gets a lot of help from Wattana to make him "seem smarter" but he doesn't really appreciate her for what she does. He hasn't had a moment yet where he regrets his decision making, even if he's gotten into a couple skirmishes along the way.
    Weapon: War Scythe
    Main magic focus: Earth
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/591120
    Other: Jian was raised with Wattana, so they look at each other like siblings
    Theme:

Name: Wattana
    Short Bio: Out of the two of them, Wattana isn't exactly the brains either, but she does at least think before she jumps into things. She's appears lot calmer than Jian but it is a lot easier to piss her off, even if she doesn't always react to her anger. She can catch onto patterns a lot faster, and if she were to get into a fight with Jian, she'd probably win.
    Weapon: A Magnetic Axe
    Main magic focus: Magnetism
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/1708092
    Other: Same as Jian only replace Wattana with Jian
    Theme:

6. Skyheart Joker

Name: Noir
    Short Bio: Noir, from a young age he seemed to never really care much about others. Always taking a back seat to any sort of issue, Noir has always seemed to be more of a passive fellow, preferring observing over actually acting.
    Weapon: Katana
    Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/yr4277z.jpg
    Other: "When the clock next strikes the hour, I wonder what sort of interesting things this world will bring next."
    Theme:

Name: Orbis
    Short Bio: Orbis is someone who goes through life pretty casually and with the flow of everything. Despite this sort of relaxed air about him, Orbis tends to get pretty annoyed pretty fast with just about everyone.
    Weapon: Glaive (the actual kind.)
    Main magic focus: Wind
    Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/sUvPimk.jpg
    Other: "No."
    Theme:

Name: Lapis
    Short Bio: Lapis is the kind of girl who is pretty cheery at just about every given situation, piqued with a sort infinite curiosity. She is one of those people who seem to enjoy the further study of all kinds of magic, as she is in constant wonderment as to what magic is capable of. Despite the appearance she gives off of being a harmless innocent girl, due to her relentless study of magic, appearances can be deceiving.
    Weapon: None
    Main magic focus: Water
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/1718243
    Other: "If most of the human body is made of water, and magic can make water, does that mean the other components can be made as well?"
    Theme:

Name: Sombra Alba
    Short Bio: Strong willed, Sombra is a person who always seems willing to prove her strength. A bit of weird one of the light, she seems to always seek to be the strongest that there is, taking on any challenge presented to her and taking on any opponent there may be.
    Weapon: Katana named Arondight...doesn't fit in the slightest, I know
    Main magic focus: Light
    Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/1730574
    Other: "If the light doesn't blind you, then you have the honor of seeing your death."
    Theme:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  7. Glen Returned from the dead

Name: Dain
    Short Bio: Dain is India's best friend. He has always tried to be by his friend's side, almost viewing him as an older brother of sorts. He likes teasing him about his genius intellect and pursuit of knowledge, more often than not calling him scrawny or a bookworm, but he does so in good nature. To anyone else, Dain is aggressive and a complete and utter *******, always trying to pick fights. He has maintained this trait his entire life, and will likely keep it until the day he dies. One thing is certain; if you are in terrible danger, Dain is the last person you want to see.
    Weapon: Battleaxe
    Main magic focus: Wind magic (isn't very skilled with it though)
    Appearance: Here
    Other: "Next to India, I look like a complete moron. Because of this, people claim I only have half a brain. That's when my axe comes in handy. I make sure I have more than they do by the end of it"
    Theme: Here

Name: Alastor Nex
    Short Bio: Alastor is one of darker individuals of the world. He preaches murder, often seeing it as the ultimate form of natural selection. If he is able to kill someone, if he is able to rid the world an inferior being, why shouldn't he? When he isn't plotting an assassination, Alastor can often be found attempting to learn the secrets of magic. Studying the magical skills others possess, he wants to further his own prowess and master each and every spell. Because of this, Alastor has an aversion to harming those who are trying to educate themselves in any way, hoping that by their progress will translate to his own.
    Weapon: The blade in his picture.
    Main magic focus: Vanish magic (basic invisibility)
    Other: "Trying to stop me was a stupid decision. If you thought for a second you stood a chance, then you're far more stupid than you look, and I hate stupid people"
    Theme: Here

Name: Samantha Pleygian
    Short Bio: : Samantha, or "Sammy" as her family calls her, was a pretty ordinary kid. She grew up in a loving household, where her parents would often do what was best for her even if she didn't want it. She didn't have many friends, so the only sense of companionship aside from her sister she ever knew was from her stuffed bear, simply called "Mr. Bear". Much to her sister's objections, Samantha doesn't want very much to do with the world or the people in it.
    Weapon: None
    Main magic focus: Illusion Magic
    Other: "All I want is to be able to play with my sister and Mr Bear. I don't want this fighting, get it away from me!"
    Theme:

Name: Alexandra Pleygian
    Short Bio: Alexandra is a well behaved girl that always tries to do the right thing. She doesn't like people hurting others for no reason, and refuses to fight unless it's to protect someone of importance to her. She tries to avoid confrontation where she can, and generally does her best to be likeable by just about everyone.

However, if her sister is ever threatened, Alex's personality changes drastically. She goes from a somewhat quiet, friendly person, to a courageous and extremely aggressive warrior. Nothing comes between her and her sister, not if she has anything to say about it.
    Weapon: Throwing knives and a broadsword
    Other: "My sister's the only thing I have left. If you take that away from me, I promise you won't like what happens after"
    Theme: Theme

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  8. Aelin Best Waifu

Name: Dawn Asphal
    Short Bio: Dawn is a innocent young girl who lives with her brother. Both her parents had moved away for the sake of a job promising Dawn she could remain with Dmitri in their home town in order to finish her schooling. She rarely goes anywhere besides from school to home because of Dmitri had always been very protective of her and doesn't allow her to go out without his permission. She is considered one of the most beautiful girls in school but have never dated a guy due to her brother scaring off every boy that even talked to her.
    Weapon: ~
    Main magic focus: Ice
    Appearance: ~
    Other:
    Theme: TBH

Name: Dmitri Asphal
    Short Bio: Dmitri is the older brother of Dawn. He is a lot darker than his sister because of a past unknown to her. He is the beast that protects the princess in theory. He doesn't want anything to happen to her so challenges anyone who wants to be with her because few can beat him and he needed to know that they could protect her. To this day he has found no one he could trust to protect her so safe under his wing she stays whether she likes it or not.
    Weapon: Long sword
    Other:

Name: Paige Huru
    Short Bio: Paige grew up in a wealthy home where she had everything she could ever dream of, however she wasn't happy there. She often would listen in on her fathers meetings and found the business men that her father worked with as dirty, lying, cheating, horrible people who would do anything for the wealth that they had. This idea bothered Paige to no end. At age sixteen she traded in the glamorous life she had to join an underground assassins guild. She was quick to train and pick up knew skills and made many of her targets those who she despised most including her father. This being said Paige has always been good at keeping her assassin identity hidden, no one who saw her as an assassin lived to tell the tale and no one had a name for the assassin committing the crimes, with this it allows Paige to still freely roam the streets of the town without anyone fearing her or thinking her suspicious. Her pretty face also allows her to gain trust easily.
    Weapon: Verity but her favourite is two hunting daggers.
    Other:

All characters up to this point have been accepted.

9. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

Name: Renna
    Short Bio: Renna likes to mess around with gravity a lot while experimenting with her magic. She thinks being able to float around is relaxing and "helps her think better" She can also use time magic such as Stopara.
    Weapon: Dagger
    Main magic focus: Time and Space
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Other: Totally has the hots for India.
    Theme: N/A at the moment

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Name: Anta
    Short Bio: She prefers to keep to herself, only talking when necessary. She's shy, but not so much so that it is detrimental. Prefers being with people and just standing there.
    Weapon: A staff with a hidden blade in the pole.
    Main magic focus: Earth. (ability to draw mana from earth included)
    Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/6q9QTxe.jpg
    Other: Has a strange crystal around her neck that she talks to sometimes.
    Theme: Placeholder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.