Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyheart Joker

• Phantom hadn't been so successful in his endeavors of shooting the incorporeal birds out of the sky, and as they tore through him, he could feel some odd sense of hopelessness in him. While this did distract him for a bit, he still managed to see Bartholomew coming...from about a few inches from him. With a somewhat sloppy reaction, Phantom did a hasty step backwards as the sickle cut through his shirt and somewhat into his skin, leaving behind a bit of a wound after the attack was done. Noting that his rifle would probably be a poor choice for this fight at present, he simply slung it across his shoulder and looked to his foe. While he had something good for close quarters, he figured he'd save it until the proper moment came, and so he just drew out Kaminari. With a bit of a nervous smirk on his face he said,
      "well, looks like we get to finish up our fight from last time." With his blade crackling with electricity, Phantom charged at his opponent with a quick slash diagonally made at his torso, followed with a another slash in the opposite direction, in the shape of a sigil of the recusant...or an X. Or a Chi. Whichever works really.

• [​IMG]
      As Stratos was awaiting the results of his attack on the guy with the glowing sword, he figured something out pretty quick. First of all, magic was probably not the greatest of ideas. Secondly, magic was probably going to hurt a lot when it was shot back from this guy. Not really having the time to dodge the attack, he braced himself for the oncoming burst of energy, only to not feel anything at all. Man, if that was an attack, this guy wasn't nearly as threatening as he had first imagined him to be. Looking forward, he had actually realized it was because of a barrier that was conjured up in front of him. Looking to see that it was of the work of the person he was safeguarding, he simply gave her a thumbs up as he was ready to get going in and start up his counterattack.

Spinning his keyblade like he had been to start up a strike raid, the air around it started to sucked in once more, causing the keyblade to be covered in, effectively a cyclone. Tossing the keyblade as hard as he could, Stratos then used a burst of wind from underneath his feet to propel himself forward and towards Rienzel. When the cyclone was within striking distance of the man, it suddenly dissipated with only a keyblade now flying at him. When there was a sufficient amount of distance closed between them, Stratos then called the keyblade back to his hand, after it had interacted with Rienzel and followed up with propelling himself forward with a sliding dash only to quickly chain in a quick hop with him swinging his blade down in an arc with a quick blitz.

2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce gasped in pain and gripped his chest as the attack hit. Cringing in pain, he slowly stood back up to his full height. "Ow, my pride." He'd destroyed Waifu with eyes of blue...How dare he! Man, that would be bad if he didn't have another one in his hand. "Alright, it's my turn now." Beuce placed his hand on the card, gripped it, and swiped his hand across to the other side of his body before looking at it. That was how you drew a card in Yu-Gi-Oh!, and everyone knew it. He grinned. It was, of course, what he needed to pull this combo off. "Well, this might hurt a bit, but it'll be wurf."

Placing down a card the field, he used up his normal summon for the turn. "I summon Maiden with Eyes of Blue from my hand!" In a flash of light, the ultimate waifu had returned to the field. "Next, i activate the facedown i put on the field earlier! Castle of Dragon Souls!" Extending his hand, the card raised up to reveal itself. "I banish the white stone of legend from my graveyard, and use the effect to target Maiden, increasing her attack by 700." The a ghostly version of the white stone of legend floated out of the larger version of the card on the field and passed into Maiden, causing her to glow slightly with an enhanced power. "And since she was targeted by a card effect, she can activate her own effect. Come out, Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" A deafening roar could be heard as Beuce placed another card from his deck onto the field, calling forth an enormous white dragon. Though, summoning the creatures had not come without cost. Flames poured over from Lucien's side of the field, burning him each time a card effect was activated. Though he endured and pressed onward with his turn.

"Now, I'm tuning my level one Maiden with Eyes of Blue to my level eight Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" The woman on his field hovered up into the air with a glow. Fading out, she transformed into a single green ring high in the sky. With a wave of his hand, Beuce commanded one of his Blue-Eyes' to fly towards it. Lifting up, it passed into the center of the ring and began to glow. "Sovereign ruler of the ancient cards. Legendary White Dragon, take on new form and cast out the darkness from your domain! Come forth, Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon!" Imbued with a new power, Beuce's dragon took the center of the field, standing a fair bit taller than the remaining blue-eyes on the field. Although, this monster was only the catalyst for the true threat. "Now, i activate Silver's Cry! Return to me, Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" The massive dragon now once again graced the field, on the opposite side of Azure-Eyes.

"Next, I activate Galaxy Queen's Light to raise the two Blue-Eyes to the level of Azure." He'd taken a total of two thousand damage from the card effects he'd been activating, but it would be worth it. Everything was in place. He extended his hand forward, and each of the three dragons flew up into the sky. They looked at each other, as if to say "We're gonna combine!" "Three Dragons of White, join into a new power. Almighty wrath of the stars, descend upon this battlefield to chain away their power and raze all that stands before you! XYZ summon! Number C107: NEO GALAXY-EYES TACHYON DRAGON!" The dragons joined in a blinding display of light, The stars themselves aligned to signify the descent of this beast. Dust blew in every direction as the massive three-headed dragon descended onto the field, under Beuce's command. It radiated with a brilliant golden light, and even dwarfed Bahamut. The roar it let out was deafening. It shook the very foundation the rocky ground they stood on.

"Now, I detach an XYZ material to activate the effect of Tachyon!" It reared the three heads, and curled up. Charging with a golden light, it let out a wave of energy onto Lucien's field, None of the cards he had on the field could activate their effects. His dragons may as well have been normal monsters, and their attack was substandard compared to the deadly onslaught that was about to be unleashed upon their master. "Now that i don't have to worry about any more burn damage, I activate Monster Reborn! Rise once again, Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" Though the beast may have been small in comparison to the massive creature that now dominated the field, it still stood proudly above Lucien's dragons. "In addition, your Flare Metal can now be destroyed by card effects. There's nothing protecting it anymore." Slipping a spell card from his hand into the duel disc, he cleared the way for his assault. "Go, Blue-Eyes! Burst Stream of Destruction!" The white dragon gathered an orb of energy in it's mouth, before unleashing a massive stream from it's mouth in a line along the ground across the enemy field, instantly shattering both of the monsters that stood before it.

The way was now paved for the real assault. "Now, I attack with Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon directly! Galactic Particle Beam!" Each of the three heads raised upwards. Golden light began to radiate up it's body into each of the mouths. A golden orb began to form in each, growing larger with each wave of power that poured into it. Turning the gaze of each head directly toward Lucien, they loosed the attack. Three separate beams all converged into a single, massive attack. It tore the ground away to nothing as it passed over it, utterly destroying all in it's path. Once the beam finally died down, Beuce looked at Lucien with a confident expression. "I'd say that made the scores a little more even, wouldn't you?"

3. Skyheart Joker

"Oh. Shit." That was all Lucien could really say in response to what was going on with his field. Watching all of the monsters explode on his field from the blue eyes strike, he was then thrown off his feet and onto his back as a giant golden laser shot at him, exploding in his face. With just some like, lines on his body to denote that he was hurt, Lucien let out a cough as he was able struggled to bring himself back up and then looked to Beuce. Looking back at his cards he knew that he needed one card, and just one card to turn this all around in Lucien's favor. "It's my turn." With a dramatic pause, he then said, "draw!" He then drew the card with such force that a giant gust of wind just blew across the field with a giant streak of golden light following behind it.

BGM

Looking at the card he said, "alright with this, it's time to begin the counterattack. I hope you're ready for me to even the score here," he had retorted to Beuce with a cocky smirk. Pulling two cards out from his graveyard he said, "first, I activate The Black Stone of Legend's graveyard effect once again. By putting it back in my deck I'm able to put Red-Eyes Black Dragon back into my hand." After putting the first card back in his deck, he then slammed in another card into his spell slot as he said, "next I activate the spell card, Ancient Rules! With this card I'm summoning the Red-Eyes Black Dragon that I just put back in my hand, and summoning it onto the field." With that, a large piece of parchment appeared with some unintelligible writing on it, only to burst into crimson flames and have his signature dragon appearing onto the field once more.

Pulling out another card from his hand and putting into the spell zone once again, he said, "now, just like your dragon has their attack made into a spell, so does mine. I activate the spell card, Inferno Fire Blast. And with that," the spell card infused its power into his dragon, causing the dragon to fire off a giant black and red fireball directly at Beuce,"you take twenty-four hundred points of damage directly. Now then, it's time to show you my signature dragon's second extra deck monster. I activate the spell card, Polymerization, to fuse the Summoned Skull in my hand with the Red-Eyes Black Dragon on my field." The archfiend and the dragon had appeared side by side as they started to swirl together as he chanted,"dark dragon of crimson flame and archfiend of lightning, here and now shall become one. A lord of infinite hellfire, the birth of a new king of demons. Fusion summon! Come forth, Archfiend Black Skull Dragon!" Out from the swirling fusion of the spell card came the new fusion of the two cards.

"Now then, let's show the power of this dragon. Black Skull, attack Blue-Eyes White Dragon, with Archfiend's Chaos Flame!" With flames forming in its mouth, Archfiend Black Skull Dragon spewed out a burst of flame that consumed Blue-Eyes White Dragon, burning the dragon and destroying it, dealing pretty inconsequential damage to Beuce. Looking at his opponent he then said, "now then, I'd actually like to destroy your Tachyon Dragon, but since I can't at the moment, I can't really call it a win for me. You know? So, let's leave that slugfest for another match." Taking the last card in his hand, he activated it saying,"I activate the spell card, De-Fusion! I split my Archfiend Black Skull Dragon into Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Summoned Skull. Now Red-Eyes Black Dragon, attack Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, with Inferno Fire Blast." While his dragon fired off its crimson flame at the Tachyon Dragon it, predictably, lost the engagement and Lucien stood there as the explosion of his dragon from a retaliating golden laser had destroyed his dragon. Taking the damage from the attack, with a smirk on his face he said,"I activate my trap card, Red-Eyes Burn! And with that, we both take twenty four hundred points of damage. Something neither of us can take." A crimson silhouette of the dragon reappeared as it then exploded, engulfing both the players in a large red flame, dealing damage to both players and ending the duel. "And that's that."

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the shards of darkness came flying at her Gwen switched from the cannon to duel guns, shooting them rapidly at the knives, breaking each before it could reach her. She had to wait for a moment until the knives slowed down before she could start shooting at her and not just the knives. "You will never win this. It is the law of video games. I am with the main characters, the main characters always win. Why don't you stop trying now before your husband picks up another girl... in front of her husband." Gwen stated, not actually knowing why the last part made sense, just saying whatever was scripted for her to say.

"The goddess was supposed to protect the worlds and bring peace with her power. She hasn't done that. I am merely a man with a single ability to use to his advantage, she had any ability known to man and more. I cannot protect as she is supposed to." Xander stated when Zephyr told him to protect everyone himself. In truth that was all he wanted to do, but he couldn't. He wasn't strong enough. He couldn't even protect one young girl in his care. And so many more where being hurt. That pain ran deep and was the only thing driving him. It ran so deep it blinded him to the truth. "I will protect the worlds by defeating you and using those blades of yours to unlock more of the locks. That is how I can protect." Xander then stated.

As Zephyr wound up for his attack Xander came up with plans to avoid and counter. His ability, his speed and blink where the best assets he had besides his swordsman skill which he had trained in since he was little. When the first shock wave came Xander jumped high in the air, using his speed to help get him higher and out of the range of the shock wave. When the second came he was forced to blink left while in mid air to avoid. His landing after that was a bit rough and sent him sliding but he remained on his feet. As soon as he stopped moving he started running towards Zephyr at seemingly impossible speeds. With his duel swords he began to unleash a series of jabs, slashes and cuts on Zephyr, utilizing both blades equally. He would finish this and quick.

[​IMG]
    "Caleb won't help..." Sapphire told Glen. She then projected what she was seeing in her mind in front of her so Glen and R could also see. "Caleb is trying to stop people like Freya and Ghost who are with me. He wants the hero free and will slaughter everyone in his way before even looking at who the hero is. By that point it will be to late for him to stop the rest. They are out numbered too. This isn't looking good. The locks are already starting to break. If Xindai is released I can't go with you guys to stop him. I can offer you a little bit of the power we had before. As long as I can know it won't fall into the wrong hands." Sapphire said as she played with the stone that hung around her neck, part of what brought them to victory last time.

"Glen I need you to do me a favour...." Sapphire told him, thinking back to her brother, then to another powerful weapon. "If they do release Xindai, take who is willing and go to Kaya's grave. I will give you the coordinates later." Sapphire started. She hadn't told anywhere before where Kaya's grave was, nor what was hidden there. "Grafted into the stone there... Well that is where I hid Excalibur. The power of that sword should help you. I couldn't wield the blade, too much darkness flowing through me, but perhaps someone else can." Sapphire said as she stared at her daughter. Sapphire had no idea if Freya could and she kind of guessed not since Freya shared her power, as well as her darkness, but the girls pure innocence it could be enough... Then again she had never used a weapon before so that wouldn't help at all. In the end Sapphire had no idea who could use Excalibur but she had to at try and get it out for use if Xindai was released. "Oh and Glen... Thank you for everything. I know I am not your favourite person but you are still trying to help, so I thank you for that." Sapphire finished.

5. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero was a bit surprised when Gwen was able to shoot most of all the blades she had launched at her. But then she suddenly switched weapons and started shooting at her; A bullet had grazed her left leg and another bullet went straight through her right shoulder. She let out a small cry of pain as she almost stopped in place to grab where it hurt. Xero didn't have time to stop now, there were bullets being shot at her and she needed to move.

Running as fast as she could, with an injured leg, attempting to dodge flying bullets, Xero was able to find and opening and create a fairly decent sized orb of darkness and throw it at Gwen. If it hit it would explode on impact with whatever it touched.

[​IMG]
    As the tornado hit, Lexcifur was flung fairly high into the air. Luckily, he was able to flip himself back upright, and as he did he threw his hand out in front of him. The Guardian roared and something began to glow in its stomach; the light climbed up into its throat and suddenly a black lazer exploded from its mouth, aimed at Dane. Lexcifur had commanded the Guardian to reuse the energy it had just absorbed against Dane.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Sapphire, we've had our issues, and I can't say I've completely forgiven you, but there are bigger things than past grudges. If they release Xindai, then we are all in more trouble than anyone knows. If that happens, I'll go to the grave and retrieve Excalibur, I give you my word of that" Glen stated.

He then held his hand out in front of him and summoned Midnight's Venture. This was the keyblade Gexln had used most, and was one that held a special meaning to him, and it was the one that he would fight with. Opening a dark corridor, he glanced over his shoulder at Sapphire as he walked towards it. "I stopped Caleb before, I'll do it again. You sit tight and rest, if I can't stop them then you're going to need every bit of god power you have" the keyblade wielder said, his face surprisingly bearing a childish grin; something Gexln had almost never done as he stepped towards the dark corridor, intending to go through it.

[​IMG]
    As Lexcifur turned the attack around, Dane's eyes widened and the laser hit him directly, with him seemingly having no way to block it. He was knocked off of his feet from the impact of the blast, and he could be heard swearing as the blast continued hitting him. However, as the dust cleared, Dane was already on his feet, laughing. In fact, if the original attack hadn't visibly hit him you could've sworn nothing had happened at all, as though it had no effect. This was because after all the years Dane had been alive and using the darkness, he had built a tolerance to it. Being hit by someone else's dark attack did not heal him in the slightest, but it barely had an impact at all.

"Whew, that one had a bit of power behind it. That might've hurt if it, well, didn't. Listen, kid, you keep going this way and you're going to end up as healthy as your dad. If you leave now, I won't come after you; I've got bigger things to deal with. Like, for example, your little buddy over there" the shadow reaper said, jerking his scythe in the direction of Zavion.

[​IMG]
    Just as Hunter was about to catch up to Akira, she passed out. Well ****, that was easier than he'd thought. Or maybe she was only pretending to pass out. Taking a few steps to his left, Hunter picked up a rock on the ground and threw it at Akira. It wasn't thrown with much force, and it wasn't a big rock, but it was enough she'd probably feel it if she was faking. Turns out she wasn't. He walked over and crouched down, before poking her with his finger and leaping back a couple of feet in case the girl arose. But she didn't. So Hunter, being the nice man that he was, decided to help her out and he began dragging her unconscious body back towards the innermost part of the cave.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  7. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

It was not long before the Ohm found the house and the three allies that had made it before him. Seven locks held a figure.. So this was the all famous hero. He walked over, eyes inspecting the lock. He felt like the only one here who knew the truth behind the lies. This journey was pointless. With that in mind, he decided to do something actually meaningful. He turned towards the three and drew his sword from its sheath. He affixed the trio with a glare and pointed his sword...at them. No games, he was tired of it. The persecution ended here.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    A smirk crossed Gwen's face as her bullets made contact. She hadn't lost her touch after all. Once she finished with Xero she could move to someone else and overtake Hunters kill count. That would be really nice. However Gwen made a mistake leaving an opening for a moment. She was able to jump out of the way of the ball of darkness, but just barely. It hit a rock behind her and exploded. The blow from it was not one that Gwen could avoid and it threw her to the side. Gwen gripped her side as she stood back up after the blast, she had a feeling a few of her ribs were cracked because of that. "*****." Gwen mumbled before raising her guns once again, continuing to shoot as much as she could. After a moment she switched to her cannon, charging it with an ice spell trying to freeze Xero.

[​IMG]
    When Glen opened the dark corridor to go stop Caleb, Sapphire used her powers to force close it. "No." She said sternly as she glared at Glen. The scene she was projecting faded. "I won't let you march off to your death again. I watched it once. I won't do it again. If they release Xindai I need you alive. Glen listen to me. As you said we have bigger things to worry about than the past, that being said I trust you with the job of receiving Excalibur more than anyone else. You and Xero and my only friends and ones I can fully trust. You can't risk your life. If you do and Xindai gets released.... Well then no one will be able to get Excalibur. We can't stop him unless he comes to Riel and we both know that he is smarter than that." Sapphire explained.

"If you stay I will do my best to rest until we know the results of the battle. But he is in my dreams already. It makes sleep and rest hard. Just stay. Make sure my people are safe and don't go to the grave yard unless it looks certain that everyone we know and love will die. Until then trust their fighting ability. I have my strongest creature there too." Sapphire then stood up and place her hands on Glens head. Magic energy began to flow through them to him. "I gave you the power to watch what is going on at the grave yard as I have. It is only temporary though. Watch well, I am going to try to rest." Sapphire said, walking back to a flat rock surface in the cave and laying down on it. She didn't know if she could rest, but Glen was right, she needed all the strength she could get and right now she had very little. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept, and her emotions were taking quite the toll on her.

9. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Truth be told, when Sapphire had closed his dark corridor Glen had been a little annoyed with it. He had listened though, and her explanation didn't help things. He still really, really wanted to go through and fight. But she was right. If the others failed, he was the last hope. The moment Sapphire left, he considered making a dark corridor and going through anyway, but he decided against it. For now he would simply watch.
    [​IMG]
    Hunter had a very unamused look on his face when Ohm betrayed them. "First Zephyr, now Ohm. With so many people rebelling against the rebellion, how are we gonna win?" he asked, stroking his beard as though he were actually capable of thought. Less than a second later, he snapped his fingers as though he'd had an excellent idea. "Scripted loss, of course! Well Ohm, you might as well throw your sword on the ground and die quietly, cause you ain't winnin' this one" Hunter threatened.

OOC: IF KROSS HASNT RESPONDED TO THIS IN SEVEN DAYS I MUST SKIP HIM AND THE ONLY WAY TO DO THAT IS TO DEFEAT HIM IN A SINGLE HIT!

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

• [​IMG]

As Xross waited for an answer, someone else had walked into the cave. Well, he noticed after Hunter had said something cause it was the mute swordsman who had decided to join them and let's face it, he probably would've have even noticed that he was here if Hunter hadn't said anything. Ohm had his sword aimed towards them, an act clearly stating what his intentions were. "
      You could've used use your lack of presence to your advantage if you'd gone ahead and attack instead of standing there, but if you want to throw away the slim chance at victory you had, then be my guest."

• [​IMG]

"Have you ever tried? No one expects you to be able to do what a goddess can, but you can't kill someone because they aren't doing their job."
      Zephyr said said in response to Xander. If you could then he probably would've been killed a long time ago. There were a fair amount of people that would love to see him dead as well, yet here he was. Still alive despite the wishes of others and so long as he had a say in the matter, he would continue to live. "Sorry, but no one other than me is allow to use these keyblades and I don't plan on giving them up easily."

Watching Xander jump over his first shock wave was within his expectations and supported why it was a good idea to send two shock waves towards him. However when he blinked out of the way of the second one, that wasn't what he'd thought was going to happen at all. He'd figured that he would attempt to block it, which would allow Zephyr to move in for another attack. Regardless Xander was back on the ground and back on the attack. This time Zephyr had planted his feet firmly in the ground as he put up a shield through his gauntlet to block Xander's attacks. He wasn't going to be able to make a counter attack if he just stood there, but he needed an opening before he could do anything. Zephyr continued to block the onslaught of attacks that was being thrown at him as he thought of an idea. As Xander went in for another attack Zephyr ducked under it and attempted to ram his shield into the swordsman's arm. If it worked then hopefully it would disarm him if not stop his attacks long enough for him to get a clear attack in at Xander's gut. Which was exactly what he attempted to do with his other keyblade.

11. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero was able to dodge most of the bullets as Gwen shot at her again; although a bullet grazed her side and another her cheek. She was able to make it through just fine until she saw her charging up a canon once more. She ran as fast as she could towards Gwen in an attempt to hit her before she could fire. As soon as Xero was 2 feet away, the canon fired and Xero was thrown backward and hit the ground hard.

Unable to move now due to a mixture of pain and ice forming around her, Xero could only lie there. She let out groans from pain and looked over to Gwen, "Do you... Ugh... Have any idea what you're doing...?!" Xero's voice was distorted in her Anti Form; it almost had a watery filter to it.

[​IMG]
    Lexcifur landed on the ground and held his guard as the debris around Dane began to subside. To his surprise, Dane seemed unharmed from the attack. Did he miss? How could he have missed with such a huge lazer? Lexcifur was quite confused, but then Dane began to talk.
    "Whew, that one had a bit of power behind it. That might've hurt if it, well, didn't." So he didn't miss... This guy was just really resistant to darkness. Great. Then again, who wasn't these days...?
    "Listen, kid, you keep going this way and you're going to end up as healthy as your dad. If you leave now, I won't come after you; I've got bigger things to deal with. Like, for example, your little buddy over there." As Dane pointed to Zavion, Lexcifur only gritted his teeth. Then with one leg launching him through the air and at Dane, Lexcifur attempted to have the Guardian grab Dane.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Akira had been unresponsive since she had collapsed from the intense darkness and power she had face within the cave. She had no idea she was even back within the cave, thanks to Hunter.

She still felt as if she was floating in darkness, having no control over herself or her being. She felt herself tilt down however and her eyes fluttered open. She saw she was being lowered towards a beautiful, multi-colored stained glass surface and gasped, amazed by the beauty of this place. She was then gently set down and looked around her. All she could see was darkness all around her, and she was trapped on this platform. She somehow felt strangely calm... Something she wouldn't have normally experienced in these kind of situations.

So much to do... So little time...

Akira looked around when she heard the voice, but could see no one around.

Take your time... Don't be afraid.

The warrior breathed in through her nose to calm her nerves before letting it out softly.

The door is still shut. Now, step forward. Can you do it?

Akira nodded her head to the voice, and took her first steps forward.

13. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    It looked like Lexcifur's attack had done seemingly nothing. He had guessed there'd be a bit of a darkness resistance from him, but he didn't realize it would be approaching a complete immunity. He wondered if it would defend him from his fighting style, as it wasn't so much the darkness, as just the sheer force of the collision that did the damage, more often than not. In the worst case scenario...Well, it was a bit late for keeping cover now, so there wasn't much point to not using it, but the idea of it left a bad taste in his mouth. He'd left his world behind, exiled himself, and made his own way. He even crafted his own form of wielding the darkness, separate from the way he'd been told of his father using it. If he used it now, then he may as well have just been running and hiding behind his parents. Using their deeds to win his battles. If he did that, then what was it all worth? He'd only use it if he was out of options.

Snapping him out of his thoughts, Dane swung his scythe in the direction of Zavion. Rather than backing up, Zavion saw it as an opportunity to go on the offensive. He stepped toward Dane. To avoid him simply pulling the scythe back towards him and making quick work of him, Zavion shoved one of his forearms against the blade, wedging the tonfa between himself and the bladed weapon. His other fist flew toward Dane's left temple.

[​IMG]
    Rienzel was a bit overwhelmed at the unorthodox fighting style his opponent. He'd never seen someone with that kind of command over the wind. He threw the weapon in a cyclone, no doubt having seen that it worked last time. Rienzel was a bit more prepared for it this time, but in addition, Stratos charged at him. In an instant, the weapon was no longer flying through the wind, but was in the boy's hands. Clenching his fists, Rienzel created a fold in the veil, thickening the fabric of existence in the space they were in. It was a draining magic, and had been performed with no time to spare. The weapon was mere inches away from his face. While the effects were lesser on Rienzel himself, he was not unaffected. He moved at a painfully slow speed, he'd simply made Stratos move slower. If someone were to use projectile magic on him during this time, he'd be rather vulnerable and incapable of deflecting it.

Although, he had him in a stasis field. This was a golden opportunity. One of his most dangerous attacks was also a powerful defensive measure. A slight yellow glow began to run across his body, fading moments after it passed the body part. Where the glow had traveled was left translucent and ghostly. He was in a state of limbo, only half in this plane of existence. Extending his hand, it appeared as though he were about to touch Stratos' face, but his hand simply went through his head, inside it. He could only sustain the intangibility for a second or two, but he would return to this plane with an explosive force. It wouldn't kill him, He'd need to be standing fully within them for that, and given they were inside a stasis field, he wasn't exactly fast enough to attempt such a position. Though, even this would be a painful experience if he failed to get out of it. Like, maybe a QSS or Zhonya's or flash or something, but he wasn't a fourth wall breaker so he couldn't call upon league abilities.

[​IMG]
    Bartholomew briefly considered just taking the cuts and draining away Phantom's life to restore himself, but he'd realized that fire was a good way to stop the draining, or rather, reduce the healing. The wounds fire inflicted were fairly grievous. So, he took a step back to avoid the immediate slashes, though more were sure to follow. Raising his sickle, he attempted to parry the blade. "So you've got yourself a lightning sword as well? Just like Ghost. You know, i can see into the farthest corners of your deepest nightmares. I know what drives a person to their wit's end, and then i become it. Although, it's not your fear i'm going to become. It's his." Bartholomew then proceeded to hurl a crow shaped ball of wind at Phantom. You know, that sounded a lot less stupid in my head. All the while he was talking, he stared into the boy's eyes, trying to find what he feared most.

[​IMG]
    It came as no surprise to Ghost that Caleb had managed to withstand the assault. He may not have been the same man that he'd once known, but his combat skills had far from diminished. He sighed as Caleb yelled that he was getting in his way. "Caleb, you just don't understand." Ghost removed three Shuriken from his belt as Caleb readied the blades. The blades came at him with blinding speed. So quickly that few would have been able to react in time to get out of the way, let alone defend against them. Throwing each shurken at a different blade, he knocked them aside enough to throw them off their intended target. That left three, and Caleb himself. There was a fraction of a second to react. He closed his eyes, steadied his breathing. Time itself seemed to slow down in this ultra-enhanced state of concentration. "It is you who are in my way. It is my purpose to destroy those like Dane, and you have allied yourself with him."

Ghost readied his blade. His eyes jerked open as he performed the painstaking technique that he'd perfected over the years. Four targets. Four strikes. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" The first strike was an overhead arc, knocking a blade off to his right. The next two were parallel horizontal strikes. One coming from the right to destroy the blade on his left, and the other from the left to destroy the blade on his right. The final strike was an vertical slash upward, to deflect the strike to his heart. Four blades to counter, Four strikes to counter them. Each of these strikes had been exactly simultaneous. With Caleb's assault briefly halted, this was the time to counter. Ghost threw Narukami high into the air. Pulling from his person thirteen shuriken, he threw them out into a circle around them and was gone in an instant. The blade landed, planting into the ground and calling down a bolt of lightning to strike it. The electricity arced out to each of the shuriken, linking them in what appeared to be a ring. A Maelstrom began to rain down from the sky, striking everywhere on the ground relentlessly.

Simultaneous, three phantom images of Ghost appeared in the form of three shadows around Caleb. Running forward, the converged on him, before collecting into a red mark on his chest. This mark was a dark assassination technique, not learned by any Assassin in nearly eight generations. Even Ghost was only able to perform it through the aid of his armor. The man who mastered this technique of his own power was one that should be feared. The mark would, after a few seconds, begin the "shadow" the injuries inflicted onto Caleb. Though not in their full severity, it would deepen and inflict once again all the wounds that he suffered throughout its duration.

Like a shadow in the night, Ghost emerged behind the man he had once called his friend. With a spin, he raked two Kunai across the man's back, then raised a single hand. The Shuriken, filled with Narukami's energy, bent to his will. Spiraling inward toward the duo, he commanded them to raze through the guardian of the light, and return to him. He gathered them together, and walked over to Narukami. He plucked the sword from the earth, the electricity gone from the blade. "You have lost sight of the light in your despair. Drown in your fallen ideals and die." He sheathed the Katana, and the mark of shadows detonated.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Freya returned the thumbs up to Stratos as she continued to watch and do everything in her ability to keep him safe, though what Rienzel did next would make things problematic. Freya bit her lip trying to think what to do, an instant later she was casting a spell. "Freeze!" She called out as the world around her momentarily froze. During this time Freya ran between Stratos and Rienzel, pushing Stratos out of the way. She as well ran back but remained positioned between the two men. Time unfroze an instance after Freya moved Stratos. She didn't know if she had gotten far enough away, either of them. She would either take Stratos' place, share his fate, or would have saved them both. She didn't have time to look how far away that she had gotten before she felt the pain from what felt like an explosion inside her head. Freya let out a cry of pain however she remained standing. It seemed that she had gotten far enough away that just the tips of Rienzels fingers had touched her.

Breathing heavy after the pain of the explosion Freya looked up at Stratos.
    "Give him hell." She breathed as she cast a speed, magic, and power boost on Stratos. Hopefully he could finish off this fight with that, and before either of them took any more damage. Freya then moved behind Stratos once more allowing him to be her protector. She hated thinking of him like that but it was true. That was what he was and did for her. He kept her safe so hopefully she could go forward and keep her mother safe by defusing the rebellion.

As Xanders blade missed he was forced to over swing due to his force having no where to go. This did indeed leave him open for Zephyr to disarm one of his swords, he still had one however. With a fierce glare Xander changed his tactics switching to two handed style of fighting with his sword. As Zephyr tried to attack with his other keyblade Xander was just barely able to move back out of the way of the attack. It narrowly missed him but sliced a bit off of his cloak. Now Xander went on the defense, waiting watching for Zephyrs moves, and when the time came he would counter, but he would not attack any sooner.

[​IMG]
    "I am doing what I have to do." Gwen said as she turned and walked away from Xero. She left out the part that she was doing it for plot purposes however. Gwen sstrapped her cannon back onto her back and her guns at her side. As she walked past rows of keyblades she picked two of them up then walked towards the cave. As she passed Hunter she tossed him one of the keyblades. "You are going to need it." Was all she said before she used the power of plot moddery to let her use the keyblade to unlock one of the locks. This was a miracle in itself due to the fact that she had no ability to use a keyblade at all. The lock fell and Gwen smirked five locks down, two more to go.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Caleb gritted his teeth as Ghost stopped his attack and claimed he was allied with Dane. He was wrong. Caleb had tried to attack Dane, and just as he had gone to do that that was when Freya and the others had attacked him. They were protecting him, they were keeping Dane safe.

His old comrade then retaliated with his own attacks. As each of the shadows struck at Caleb, Caleb did what he could to defend against them; though that wasn't very much given they were shadows. Eventually, the assault stopped, but as it did the guardian of the light noticed the mark on his chest was a bright red. That couldn't be good.

With his energy reserves just about depleted, Caleb decided to make one last effort. Satsujin had allied with darkness, and there was only one thing Caleb had that could possibly stop it. Throughout the 300 years of fighting the heartless in the realm of darkness, Caleb had created a suit of armour that both nullified most dark attacks and also imbued his own weapons with dark elemental energy. He held both of his hands together as he began channeling the magic energy required, and where a golden glow would normally envelop him, a dark purple one did instead. His body was radiating dark energy, but right as he was about to complete the channel, the mark detonated, and all at once the warrior found his body screaming in pain from so many attacks impacting at once.

He wasn't dead, but he was defeated, and he knew it. Should Ghost decide it, he would be able to end him. "So are you going to kill me then? You're going to take out the last person fighting for what is right, the last person trying to stop people like Dane? Then go ahead and do it, go and complete your alignment with the dark!" Caleb yelled out.

"Stop!"

[​IMG]
    Temporarily abandoning the battle with the dragon, Audrey had stepped away from it to go and make sure her dad was okay, and what she had seen was horrifying. She didn't know who the man was, but she didn't care either. Huffing and puffing from exhaustion, the little girl stood in front of Caleb. He protested and told her to back off, but she turned and shot a glare at him. "No! Shut up, dad! You're not allowed to die!" she exclaimed, before facing Satsujin again. Shakily, she raised the keyblade her mother had used. The keyblade itself was almost as big as she was, and yet here she was holding it with fiery determination in her eyes. "Dane killed my mother. He tortured her, he made her suffer, and then he killed her, and now you aren't only going to help him, but you're going to do the same thing to my dad?! I'm not going to let you! I am tired of watching my friends and family suffer, so if you want to kill my dad then you're going to have to go through me first!" Audrey screamed at Ghost, tears flowing down her face as she did so.

[​IMG]

With Kross having not posted, Hunter could finally move on. His opponent was AFK and not actually moving, and for a brief moment Hunter considered KOing him there and then, but he actually had a moment of respect and decided not to do that. Instead, he moved Kross' arms so that rather than holding the weapon pointed at everyone else, it looked like he was just using it to pick his nose. With a snicker, Hunter turned and unlocked another keyhole with the keyblade Gwen had given him. One more lock to go....about damn time.

[​IMG]
    Dane barely flinched as the punch to his temple hit, and even less as Lexcifur landed his own attack. He let the attacks hit; he wanted to show them how pointless it was to try to beat him. However, as the guardian grabbed onto him, he flashed a wicked grin. Releasing a sudden burst of malevolent dark energy, he knocked the son of the goddess and the angsty teenager away from him, before grabbing onto the arms of the guardian. He strained a little, but the guardian's arms could be seen stretched to their limit, before just a moment later they were snapped clean off.

"Well, I did give you the chance to run" he stated, before leaping into the sky. When he reached the peak, he held up his scythe into the sky and a small orb of pure darkness appeared at the end of the blade. As he began descending, the orb rapidly grew in size until it was just a huuuuge orb at the end of the blade, at least six times bigger than Dane himself, before the Shadow Reaper swung the scythe at the ground below him just above Zavion and Lexcifur, unleashing a ferocious explosion of darkness and fire all at once.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  16. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Ohm removed the finger from his nose and affixed Hunter with a glare . Having his back to the mute was a bad idea but he didn't make a move to attack him. He instead walked to the entrance to the cave and eyed them all."Good ruck." He said in his broken accent, they needed it to fix this mistake of releasing that warmonger into the worlds. Now to warn the goddess.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With one sword successfully disarmed and Xander now of the defensive, Zephyr continued to attack the swordsman even after he'd barely dodged his last attack. One hand struck with a series of quick slashes which were almost immediately followed by a quick stab with his other hand. Zephyr still had to be careful that he didn't leave to any openings in his attacks so long as Xander still had one sword in his hand. Once that was out of the way, maybe he would be more open to negotiations.

18. Skyheart Joker

• [​IMG]
      Stratos figured that he was about to hit his opponent. However, he was soon proven extremely wrong. As he was about to land a blow against the man, it seemed as though everything about him had stopped. Stratos still felt as though his attack was continuing, it was just that the entirety of reality was trying to stop him from doing that. As he kept trying to close in on the white haired man, it was then that something even weirder started to happen. Almost as if he was more of a ghost than anything else, his opponent started to reach his hand into Stratos' face and kept going further and further into his head. Pretty freaked out by what was going on, he was suddenly saved by his support friend who shoved him out of the stasis field and out of the hand of the white haired guy. As he got used to not having the universe fight against him for a quick moment, Stratos got back up, feeling basically every parameter of his take a huge increase.

As he nodded at Freya's comment, he realized that he had to go and give everything he had in one last barrage. This was his best chance to do literally anything to the person who seemed to be probably the worst match up he could have possibly could have gone against. By himself, he definitely would have stood no chance. But with the help of Freya, between all the damage she saved him from and all the strengthening she had done to him at this point, he was way better off than he could have ever been. While Rienzel was still recovering from whatever he was doing prior, Stratos went off at a breakneck pace, rushing towards Rienzel at a faster pace than he had ever done prior.

As he charged head on, he created a large orb of wind that seemed poised to fire at the white haired boy. However, that was all it currently was, as it had simply stayed in its current position, collecting more air around it. Quickly hopping to Rienzel's side, he created another ball of air quite like the first, and continued to dart around the man simply creating more balls of wind. With a large gathering of them surrounding his opponent, Stratos then jumped in the air, and once overhead created one final ball. As he was sailing over the man's head, he brought his keyblade to his side and started up a technique he hadn't tried in quite some time. As he was drifting closer and closer to the ground, time seemed to slow down as cherry blossom petals seemed to flutter through the sky. When only a centimeter remained between Stratos and the ground, all of the balls of wind fired at once at his opponent as he disappeared from sight, slashing through his opponent with a zantetsuken. After all was said and done, Stratos was completely drained and if this didn't work then, well, he shit outta luck.

• So, remember that giant and apparently threatening dragon that was flying around and barring entry to the cave. Well, as it would happen, it was still flying around and still being an overall unpleasant being to be fighting. Thus far, the group had not quite done much damage to it, but they had managed to keep it busy for a long enough time that people were apparently able to just bypass its existence and go straight into the cavern, however, that would only last for so long if they weren't able to fell it here.

Having her blade at the ready, Jackie let out a triumphant battle cry as she charged towards the giant dark beast with Blanc nearby and Charlotte flying in the skies, trying to circle around the creature. When the dragon had let out a loud roar at the group, it seemed to try and bring down its foot on both Blanc and Jackie, only for Blanc to be the first to take action against it. Grabbing Jackie's arm and throwing her in an arc over the dragon's foot, he then went to palm strike it as attempted to stomp him out of existence. With the two seemingly stalemating in strength for a moment, the dragon was clearly going to overpower Blanc, which was then responded to by Blanc continually letting out more palm thrusts, pushing the foot back while he had eventually managed to run and tumble out from underneath it.

All the meanwhile, Jackie had been sailing through the sky, as she took up a brownish glow to denote her critical impact state, as she slashed her blade out at the ankle of the dragon. Digging the blade deep in there, Jackie seemed to continue to create a large cut as she used the momentum from Blanc's throw to continue propelling herself past the foot. At this point, Charlotte had managed to get on top of the dragon's head, using her light infused blade to stab into a number of times. However, things went south for the group, as the dragon retaliated.

As Jackie eventually flew past the foot, she was then greeted by the dragon's tail which knocked her out of the air and straight into Blanc, causing the two to slide across the ground. For Charlotte, it had simply snapped its head down fairly quickly, causing her to lose her balance and fall off, only to then swing its head to the side and finally smash straight into the knight of light, knocking her out of the air. Turning its attention back to Jackie and Blanc, it then charged a large dark firaza in its claw, as it attempted smash its flaming fist into the duo. Reacting almost immediately, Blanc called upon a large surge of gravity magic, having something seemingly pull the dragon's arm back away from them. While it attempted to fight this, Blanc eventually exerted far more pressure onto the arm, as suddenly a miniature black hole like object appeared within its arm, crushing and imploding the entirety of it.

While Blanc was recovering from the large amount of power he just exerted on the creature, it simply let out a roar of pain as it swung around, catching Blanc off guard and tail slapping him into the air. Without much time to react at all, the dragon then let out a large ball of Dark Flare from its mouth as it fired it at the now airborne Blanc, causing a black explosion in the air, and severely injuring the now passed out Blanc.

• After having tied the duel with Beuce, the two seemed to just sort of stand there. Not really doing anything...at all. It was almost as if the both of them had contracted a case of the AFK. Oh boy, Lucien had got that once before, and he wasn't going to fall prey to it again. Getting up, he turned to face his opponent. "Well, seeing as that duel resulted in a tie, I don't think it actually solved anything...at all. However, there's a dragon over there." He pointed to the now injured Bahamut."And while there may be people there to fight it, they probably will continue to not, so you know. Someone's gotta keep what was originally the big boss relevant in this whole thing." As such, Lucien started to walk away from Beuce, waving saying, "so I'll put a rain check on any sort of actual fight we have to do later while I go take care of that bad boy. Later." And with that, the confrontation between a creature summoned by the strongest force in the universe and the strongest force not from this universe was to begin.

• Well this fight was going just as well as Phantom had initially predicted it to go when he had first seen the assload of crows flying at him. That is to say, not well in the slightest. Having had his blade avoided with relative ease only reinforced those negative thoughts, but hey there was still hope yet. Regardless, he was a bit more unnerved as Bartholomew continued to talk like the creepy little fuck he was, and went on about how he could see all of his deepest fears and nightmares. He also seemed to say something about becoming Ghost's greatest fear, which was a bit perplexing to Phantom. After knowing him for awhile, Phantom couldn't tell if that guy feared really anything at all. Maybe he was afraid of cutting himself on his own edge? Regardless, before Phantom could let out a smartass retort at the guy, he suddenly felt as though he couldn't speak in the slightest as a crow shaped wind had hit him. It certainly felt more painful than it was initially appearing that it would, and Phantom had suddenly felt winded after it had gone and hit him. Whatever. Despite the fact that he couldn't retort with remarks, he could still do so with more slashing. And so lunging at Bartholomew, Phantom slashed at the scarecrow once again with his lightning blade, only to then do a follow up slash but stop somewhat short. After Bart reacted to that sort of feint of his, he then went on to strike at the man with a few more slashes from Kaminari.

• [​IMG]
      With all the chaos that had been happening around here, there was one who had stuck behind and not really bothered to get into any of the dirty business. However, while they were making good progress, it still seemed to be quite a bit of a stalemate between both of the forces. However, as things stood, there was only one fight that had ended completely in the goddess's favor as of now. Walking across the battlefield, the sound of Rinox's wooden sandals striding across the rocky ground could be heard coming from behind Ghost. However, if the dark assassin in question were to look behind him, the time samurai would have seemed to completely disappear, almost as if a scene had skipped rather any form of teleportation.

As he was now standing between Audrey and Ghost, Rinox looked at the dark armored fellow as he said,
      "my my, what do we have here?" Taking a slight glance to Caleb, he then looked back to Ghost as he continued onward. "A legendary fight between whose justice had turned into vengeance, and another who's willing to stain his hands with so much blood he forgets what his skin's original color was. It was quite the show I must say, however, their keys are very instrumental in what we're doing here, and so I can't just let you end things with them here." Placing his hand down to his sheath he said, "so, if you will be insistent on barring their path, than I shall simply be insistent on barring yours." Turning to face Audrey for a moment, he motioned to the cave where the hero was. "As long as I am here, this mean dark man here shan't harm a hair on either of your heads, so run along now into that cave to finish this hero business." When that was said and done, Rinox turned back to the assassin. "Now then Ghost, I have been bored for quite some time now, so if you intend to continue fighting, please in this short while that we have. Make it entertaining."

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alisia was wrapped up in her battle with the dragon, she didn't notice Audrey missing at first. Glance around she noticed that Audrey wasn't there, actually she was in between her father and the man her father was fighting. Oh that couldn't be good. Alisia without hesitation ran from her fight with the dragon over towards Audrey. Reaching the girl she attempted to pick her up and move her out of the battle area. "You stupid child. All that will accomplish is getting both you and your father killed. I will not stand to see another person I have come to care about die! I have seen it too much in my life! I refuse." Alisia shouted at Audrey. It was clear that the girls actions had upset Alisia, she didn't want to see more death.

Calming down slightly Alisia looked at Audrey.
    "Dane hasn't wished it of me, so hopefully I won't get in too much trouble but I will help your father in the only way I know how." Alisia stated. There was already another man there to help. But Alisia figured she could still help at least a little. She stood up from where she was kneeling next to Audrey. A familiar symbol appeared in Alisia's left eye before a thirty second counter appeared above Ghosts head. "That is all I can do." Alisia said turning to her friend before taking a step back. She knew what casting that could mean for her, but she had to do it, for her friend. There was no alternative.

[​IMG]
    Freya was on one knee still panting heavy, she had used up a lot of magic, and even as a demi-god she had her limits on what she was able to use. Her head pounded from the blast she had taken not long before. She simply watched as Stratos attempted to finish his opponent off, but a sight behind Stratos caught her eye. It was where her brother and Lexcifur were fighting. The man, Dane seemed to be charging up a large attack. That didn't look good, it didn't look good at all. "No..." She breathed. That attack it could mean the end for the two of them.

Shaking Freya lifted her hand up to cast one last spell before she was completely drained. A large barrier surrounded Lexcifur and Zavion. Though it looked strong it was not as strong as it should have been. Supporting the barrier with her weakened state and her distance away from them was difficult. Chances where it would block about half the damage from the attack max, but it should be enough to keep them alive, but perhaps not still in combat. If that was the case then well... they seemed out of luck possibly.

With the barrier in place before the blast could even go off Freya was on her feet, trying to steady herself as her head spun. She slowly started making her way across the barren land. If things were going to end here for them she wanted to be with her family. The three of them had been together for so long, if they were going to die she was going to be at their side, doing her best to support them to the very end.
    "I'm sorry I couldn't do more." Freya said quietly not even having enough magic or a clear enough mind to hold a telepathic connection. The blast that she had taken for Stratos seemed to be effecting her a little more than she thought it would be.

Xander blocked every hit that was thrown his way using his single sword to block each attack. He soon decided to change strategies. He waited making his opponent think he was out of luck and only on defense. When Zephyr went for one of his larger hits was when Xander suddenly used his blink to move out of the way towards the sword that he had dropped, scooping it up with easy. It had only taken a split second to do this, not enough time for Zephyr to have a chance to stop him. From there again he blinked behind Zephyr, this time using the hilt of his sword to try to hit Zephyr in the back of the head. "A swordsman of your skill does not deserve death, especially by my hand." Xander said as he went to make his move. Hopefully it would work.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  20. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero felt the pain in her body getting worse with every second. She had reverted back to her original form and lied there for a good while. Had they really lost this fight...? The rebellion was winning. What was she supposed to do now?

There was suddenly shouting and Xero looked over to see Lexcifur and Zavion. Her eyes widened as she saw them both getting beaten then someone charging up a giant orb. Xero's body shot up and began running over to the two; the pain now numb from adrenaline. She noticed a barrier form in front of them but it looked rather weak. That wasn't going to hold against all the power from that orb.

Quickly jumping in front of Lexcifur and Zavion, Xero was able to use the last bit of energy she had to throw up another layer to the barrier. She had already lost her husband, she wasn't going to lose her son either. Even if he did hate her, Lexcifur was still someone she needed to protect.

[​IMG]
    Lexcifur screamed in pain as he felt the pain the Guardian was feeling with its only arm ripped off. The Guardian roared before disappearing back into the gauntlet. Lexcifur only stood there trying to deal with the pain; it was almost worse than when he got his arm sliced off.

Dane suddenly began charging an attack; then a barrier suddenly appeared and Lexcifur saw his mother jump in front of him and Zavion. So much was happening all at once he wasn't sure what to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.