Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyheart Joker

• Well, what do you know? It had turned out that Phantom had intervened at probably the best possible time. After all, when the darts started to take effect, the demon looking child seemed to be ready to attack Sapphire. That would have ended poorly for both parties really. Nevertheless the goddess herself seemed to be pleased with his work, so he was totally fine with what had happened. Though apparently, they were wanting to just sort of, siphon out the darkness from him through some sort of mumbo jumbo. Aside from attribute enchantments and basic umbramancy, (more so in the field of shadows than traditional ones,) Phantom was pretty clueless on magic so he just sort of let the terms fly over his head and let the two talk to each other.

Though, Sapphire didn't really seem confident in herself to do what she wanted to do, as she told Phantom what to do if something went wrong, he simply said,
      "always here to serve madam." It was then that Xero had looked to him and apologized for the bar scene and he just said, "please, that's not the first bar fight I've had to break up, regrettably. And not the worst, also regrettably. Though it was the first time someone yelled at the planet itself, so that was a bit new." Just awkwardly standing there, Phantom just gave her a thumbs up and said, "so uh, you seem like you're going to do something important right now so good luck on that."

• This was good, good. Everyone had seemed to be back from their daily duties of hero hunting to no avail. They had all gone through much together, much pain and sorrow. Much fun and joy. Much drama and general annoyance...Mostly that last one. But that didn't matter now. No. Now all that mattered was that they get past this boring as fuck prelude and get to the real meat and potatoes of their journey. Looking around, he cleared his throat and said,"alright then, let's get this show on the road." Sort of just waving a book around he said,"so as you are all aware, this entire time we've been able to nonsensically hop around worlds and universes because we were hunting for some enigmatic figure that can help us defeat the goddess, or you know do whatever the fuck else you were all thinking that this majestic heroic figure could do. Anyway, we've been doing this because of some vague ass incomplete legend that we've been bullshitting reasons for why a hero of sorts would be anywhere in a cave, except for spaceships." Making a slight aside to no one in particularly he said, "though, I think that was just for shits and giggles. But neither here nor there, for you see, I," he pointed to himself, "have discovered the rest of the fucking legend."

This was a slight exaggeration as he didn't so much discover it as he had been...well the exact specifics of what he was doing wasn't entirely important nor relevant to really anything. Looking to the rest of the group he continued,"and with the rest of the legend, we have the final location to look for in this wild goose chase of ours. And yes, I mean, a location, not thirty worlds that don't really have any basis behind them. And let me tell you, this was by far the most obvious location for well, anything eventful, happening ever in this universe of yours. Now then, without further ado. I present you, the legend in full." He then gave a short bow as he began to recite the entire thing.

"When the War of the Beasts brings about the hero's end The goddess descends from the sky Walls of light and darkness torn apart She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting There is no hate, only joy For you are beloved by the goddess Savior of the dawn, Healer of worlds Where evil still festers, she turns away her gaze Pride is lost Wings stripped away, the end is nigh."

"My friend, do you trust her still? When she abandons you and I? All she will bring is a somber morrow Hiding the secrets the hero will know My friend, your hero Is the bringer of life, destroyer of the goddess Even if the morrow is barren of promises Nothing shall forestall my return"

"Infinite in mystery is the house of the hero We seek it thus, and take to the sky A crevice stands within the earth's surface- The wandering soul knows no rest."

"Legend shall speak Of sacrifice at the world's end The wind ripples blades where they stand Quietly, but surely Even if the morrow is barren of promises Nothing shall forestall my return To release the blood that will stain the earth to raze the cities, the homes and the lives I offer the goddess her demise"

Lucien took a deep breath after saying the entire legend and then looked to the entire rest of the group. "Now then, why'd I say the entire legend and not just the last line, you may be wondering. Well, the answer to that is just to affirm how completely irrelevant everything but the last line is to us in our quest." Lucien then waited for a bit to see if anyone got it, and also he was wondering if telling them all what it meant was actually a good thing or not. Well, obviously it wasn't. The only real reason Lucien had done this kind of thing was not entirely because he had to, but if he didn't it would have gotten done anyway by someone different, so might as well be in the eye of the shitstorm that was most likely going to happen when they found their hero.

"So, if you haven't figured it out, it's the keyblade graveyard. Literally, the most important place ever, and the only one worth searching in the first place. If not for the historical evidence to back me up on this, then let's look to the legend. Now I know it might be a bit of a stretch to say, but I'm pretty sure there's only one line that has ever been relevant to this entire grand journey of ours, and that is "the wind ripples blades where they stand." Which basically the only place that actually fits that description in your universe." Lucien then turned and looked at Caleb gesturing saying, "or I suppose your Unlimited Blade Works fits as well, but I'm pretty sure you'd know if you locked some hero in there and would have been kind enough to share that by now."

With all said and done Lucien had said, "now then, in order to look badass in our entry into this final area of our searching, I say we reenact history in getting our way there." Lucien held out his hand and created a small blue orb in front of him. The orb started sparking with electricity until the orb extend out into a line with something that looked akin to a data stream floating around it. When it was all said and done, Lucien had a keyblade in hand that seemed to match his overall color scheme. Spinning the new blade, he slashed at the air, and waited for a moment as nothing happened. After a second or so afterwards, suddenly a small ripple could be seen in the air as it started to extend and length, only to suddenly snap open and create a large tear in not so much space, as it were an entire break in reality, creating a large pathway just to where they were to go to. "Now then, shall we go?"

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

That entire world was a waste of time. Not only did they not find this hero, but Samsara was getting sick and tired of Jackie's enthusiasm. It also didn't help that she kept feeling off whenever she got a hint of Freya and her little group of friends. When they all decided to leave, Samsara grabbed the hands of Jackie and Ohm. Everyone else probably grabbed a hand of either of those and so on. They eventually appeared back at the library. Letting go of Jackie's hand, Samsara kept a grip on Ohm's hand. She turned her head and glared at him before sending a shock of dark lightning from her hand to his. It wasn't strong, but it surely was going to put a point across. A point that he needs to leave her alone or he'd get worse than that. Looking over, she saw Lucien was sitting there reading. Approaching him, she saw he closed his book and stood up.

Hearing all he had to say about this legend, Samsara felt a strange reaction from her crystal. It made a bright light appear on her chest, where it was in her shirt. Covering it up quickly, Samsara lessened the light until it was nearly gone again. The keyblade graveyard was a place her mother and father told stories about. They spoke of a battle that nearly killed them both, but they survived. They survived and went on to live for hundreds of years. Why her crystal was reacting to this was beyond Samsara, but regardless, she was excited to finally meet this Hero. Samsara hoped he would destroy this Goddess and she hoped to work under him, assisting him in destroying the goddess. Snickering her usual, pointy toothed smile, she watched Lucien bring forth his keyblade and tear open the very fabric of the universe. Stepping forward, she put a hand on his shoulder, noting how cold he felt. "You feel of ice, my friend, but I'm excited to finally meet the Hero." Samsara said, leaping forward and through the tear.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

Arriving back the rest of the legend was read and the location revealed. The last location. It was almost all over. Once they freed the hero they would save Alisia. All they had to do was get there, easy enough. Xander did a quick check of his weaponry, making sure everything was secure and ready. He needed to be ready for anything just in case. If he got the chance he would finish Dane off himself. He would use both his swords this time and make sure that Alisia gets away.

Xander turned around to walk to his gummie ship not having a keyblade to take. (And yes it magically came back to the castle, hush.) "I will see you all at the world. Our battles are coming to a close." Xander said before leaving and heading towards the keyblade graveyard.

[​IMG]
    Gwen ignored the comment from Hunter and didn't quite catch everything that was happening with the new guy. In the end Gwen just said. "Alright lets go whoever wants to come. I don't care." She turned around and walked away soon finding herself back in the library where Lucien was reading the end of the Legend. Finally time for some plot progression, that should make Hunter happy given that he seemed to be looking forward to doing things when everything was done and over with. But first to the Hero! With that Gwen was off.

[​IMG]
    As Freya heard the final confirmation of where the Hero was, her heart sank. No longer guessing and misleading. She was to follow them to the place that the person who could kill their mother was found. Anything that she did could turn out dangerous for someone. "Lexcifur where are you? This is the last stop. Here is going to be do or die. I help them kill my mother or I am in trouble myself, both Zavion and I are. Where are you? Please respond!" Freya sent to Lexcifur in her desperation as she put on a brave face. "Awesome! I can't believe we finally found it! Lets go!" Freya sounded excited and ready to go, she seemed her usual self. She had to. Freya glanced over at her brother and gave him a small nod, she would keep their cover. Opening a dark corridor she walked through to the graveyard.

[​IMG]
    "I have no doubts when he wakes up he will be just as hostile. Xero if you want to do it, then I won't stop you just consider the possibilities. I can help if you want. If you don't Phantom and I will remain so nothing goes wrong. He wanted to kill you before, so we have to take precautions." Sapphire said as she took a few steps away from the boy. She pitied him actually, everything that had happened, even now as he was out to kill them he couldn't help but feel bad. He had been through so much with only her children at his side, and now he was taken by some foreign darkness. The boy had it rough at times. Sapphire just hoped that what Xero was about to do would work.

[​IMG]
    Alisia patiently waited at the mouth of the cave until she was invited in. She stared at the hero not knowing what to think. She took a few steps towards him looking up as Dane talked. She gripped onto a lock that chained him to the wall, the goddess' way of sealing him away. why? Why would she lock such a great man away? He could have stopped Dane long ago. Alisia glanced back at Dane then looked back at the hero. Her keyblade seemed to start to react to something, moving her arm up the keyblade shot a light at one of the locks breaking it. There were several others but the keyblade wouldn't react to them. "Well I think I found how we wake him, we still need the others though. You better eave though, they will kill you, Xander will kill you." Alisia said actually concerned for Danes life slightly. She also was nervous about being used for a hostage again. Being threatened and hurt so he could stay alive. She didn't want to be back in that situation. She was terrified of being back to the place that she wasn't treated like a human. She was afraid to be a meat shield and a hostage instead of whatever she was now. Not a friend but at least human.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "No, Xander will try to kill me. Seriously, I've only gotta rest a tiny bit more and I'll be back at full strength, and then Xander doesn't stand a chance. If he tries to kill me, he'll fail. Horribly. The others won't try to kill me because of you. I won't hurt you, but they don't know that, so it'll be fine" Dane said, an air of confidence around him. It hadn't been particularly long, but he was already feeling very well rested. He looked up from where he was resting as he heard a sound come from their right in the distance, like something ripping. There was some kind of strange portal, like it was a tear in the very fabric of reality, and people were stepping out of it. Not just any people, but the ones Alisia had just talked about. Jerking his thumb in their direction, he spoke up. "Looks like we won't have to wait long to find out. I won't kill Xander yet, but if he attacks me then he's kinda screwed himself over, so you might wanna say something to him before he does his blurry crap and tries to stab me in the face or something" Dane suggested lazily.

[​IMG]
    Hunter spawned in the keyblade graveyard alongside Caleb and Audrey, after having grabbed them and shoved them through the tear before following himself. And how awesome the keyblade graveyard was. The area was bland, dead, and boring as ever, but it had Hunter in it now, hence the awesome comment. Immediately he noticed Dane sitting in front of the cave. "Look! Over there! It's the bad guy, but not quite as bad as he was before, and he's in front of the hero's cave! And his slave is inside of the cave!" Hunter shouted, pointing at Dane. He then turned around and pointed at Caleb. "Archer, be a good dog and go try to murder him!" he ordered, testing out his new pet, as Caleb let his fury guide him and began sprinting towards Dane.

5. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    While lying there unconscious, something was able to slip into his mind. It was faint, but he was able to recognize Freya's voice. He then began to come to his senses and he slowly began to sit up. He glared at the two and then suddenly a dark corridor had opened up under him and he fell into it.

The other end of the corridor had opened and he was practically thrown out of it, and back onto the ground in front of Zavion and Freya. He took Darkness' Sorrow and stabbed it into the ground to help him stand up, his body still feeling numb from the tranquilizers. Lexcifur then began to take the darts out of his stomach and sat there for a moment trying to fully regain his consciousness.

[​IMG]
    Xero noticed Lexcifur moving again, but he suddenly fell into the ground. She tried to quickly grab him but she was too slow and the corridor had closed. Her eyes went wide and she looked to the Goddess, "Sapphire, where did he go?! You have to tell me before he gets into more trouble!"

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    That worked out swimmingly. Villain gone. Fight won. Job completed. However, they couldn't call it a day yet. His plot senses were tingling. There was another battle to be fought. He glared at the sky. In another world...Somewhere...He was waiting. The fight against Hunter had been a bit one sided due to the fight with Ohm prior, but there was another. One more of his kind he had yet to face. He had a feeling that would be resolved soon enough. "Lucien...We'll face off soon enough." The white haired man turned to his padawan. "Stratos. I hate to say, but it's not over quite yet. The fight to determine the fate of the hero is about to start. They're gathering. We're about to head off to the final battle. Given i don't think either of us have a romantic interest to bang, we can skip that part. Instead...I just wanted to say...Thanks. You've been a real friend. In fact i don't think i could've gotten half as far as i have without you. You always follow me into nonsensical situations without question. Here. I've got something for you." Beuce said, smiling and sticking a pin to his shirt. It was a simple green pin with the words "Bro as fuck" written on it. It was pretty fitting for the one he gave it to.

"Anyway, shall we be going?" He said, giving a friendly smile and walking off toward the Goddess' location. He cracked the door open and walked in. "Sapphire. I hate to interrupt, but it's starting. We've gotta get going. We need everyone you can spare. That means Xero, Phantom, and Bahamut." Beuce said, staring at her rather seriously. He was in a state that was known as "in character". "This is the battle that's going to determine the outcome of everything. They're on the hero's doorstep. We're going to be the last line of defense. We either stop them here, or they succeed. I think by this point you've realized why we don't want that." The way he said the last sentence. He knew about the hero. He knew who he was. He had a feeling Sapphire did as well, though he wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to admit it. "We need everything we've got. We need the full force of the goddess behind us."

Given i don't feel like writing "They walked to the keyblade graveyard" four times. They all walked to the keyblade graveyard. ​

7. Aelin Best Waifu

Alisia
    It was true, Xander would try to kill Dane and she knew she wouldn't get the chance to talk to the man before he tried and most likely got himself killed. Alisia knew that Xander was strong, really strong, but still nothing compared to Dane. She had witnessed that time and tine again. Alisia positioned herself close to Dane, dangerously close. He promised not to hurt her but if she was in a position that Xander believed that the slightest movement from him would get her hurt or killed then he wouldn't move. It was her only chance of keeping him alive. After all, her obedience was for his sake. Alisia didn't say anything as she threw her keyblade to the side making it show she was unarmed and helpless against Dane. "Don't mistake this as loyalty towards you." She stated to Dane as she waited for the others to grow near.

Freya
    Lexcifur fell out of a dark corridor and at Freya's feet. She helped him up casting a few cure spells to try to get him back to normal. She had so many questions but now wasn't the time to ask. Freya knew they found the hero and they had to do something about it.

As Caleb went to sprint off towards the cave Freya cast a barrier in his path. She looked at Lexcifur and Zavion letting them know she was going to blow their cover, she had to do something. "I can't let you go Caleb. I am sorry. You can't help release the hero and kill my mom. You should have seen this coming. I won't watch as you indirectly kill her." Freya said trying to make her small sounding voice sound strong and confident. Freya recognized he wasn't directly heading for the hero but the one on front , however she couldn't let anyone even near the hero, for her moms safety.

Sapphire
    Sapphire tracked Lexcifur's location, and let out a gasp when she found him. It was around then that Beuce entered and Sapphire collapsed to her knees. "I-I know..." She stammered as a sense of fear overtook her. "How? What happened? How is it him?" Sapphire questioned not giving context right away. "Xindai...." She finally breathed his name as she put her hands over her heart as to protect it.

"Xero, Beuce, all of you. You have to stop them no matter what. They are going to release Xindai." Sapphire said as she shook. Ger hands were not steady as she began to form a large dragon like creature out of darkness."Take him and go.... Freya stepped up to defend me, she will surely be in trouble along with Lexcifur and Zavion. Go help them. You are my last line of defense. Please." Sapphire opened a dark corridor as she begged, desperation apparent. Her one biggest fear about to come true. She just hoped that they would be able to stop the group before they released Xindai. As soon as the seven locks were released it was game over unless Xindai came near Riel, and even then she questioned of she could stand the mental warfare. "He has this planned all along... The dreams..." She whispered to herself watching her friends go.

Xander
    Xander was prepared to follow Caleb when Freya had blocked his path. Xander flashed over to her side, sword in hand. "I wouldn't stop is girl. Daughter of the goddess or not you seem just as weak as any mortal, that scar on your chest proves it too. You shouldn't wear such things with so much pride. You take after your mother, if you truly cared for peace and the people Alisia wouldn't be stuck in this mess, Juliet wouldn't be dead." Xander said as he brought his sword up. The girl seeming so young and innocent, he would allow for last words.

Gwen
    "Um guys." Gwen spoke up as the whole mess stared. "I think we have bigger things to worry about." Gwen said as she pulled out her guns, aiming them ar a rip that opened and the dragon that started to fly through.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "I didn't think it was" Dane responded as a reaction to the way Alisia had positioned herself. Everyone arriving to the keyblade graveyard was something the shadow reaper had anticipated, and this was the moment he'd been waiting for. However, he hadn't seen the dragon coming. Once again, he considered having his slave doom the creature, but where was the fun in that? He raised his scythe and let it simply hang over the back of his shoulder. "Darkside, Duskflier, and now a dragon. Things are just really not going my way today, are they?" he asked sarcastically, before taking a step forward. "Well, sooner it's dead the sooner the 'hero' is released, if the others don't kill themselves first" Dane said, specifically using air quotes around the word; he knew who the hero was, he had known the moment he saw the guy.

[​IMG]
    As the barrier appeared before Caleb, he had whirled around as if to demand an explanation; and he did get one. Sapphire's daughter? She'd been working against them the entire time? So many questions were going through his head, but the moment Xander mentioned Juliet all thoughts went only to that. "Should have seen it coming? You know what should have been seen coming? That murderer causing more pain and killing people" he retaliated as he pointed towards Dane. "You won't watch as I indirectly cause the death of someone who is willing to allow people like that to exist? Then you're as bad as he is. Sapphire was my friend once, and out of respect for that I'm giving you thirty seconds to get out of here. I suggest you take it, I can't imagine Sapphire would take too well to having a former friend kill her children" Caleb threatened, not worrying about the dragon for the moment.

[​IMG]
    "Did none of you listen to Ginger? Eh, can't say I blame you, I only hear half the things too. Unless the words are 'Hunter lets get naked, wasted and sleep together again' I scarcely hear a word. But anyway, dragon. Big goddess boss, must defeat" Hunter stated, drawing the blade he carried and looking down at it in a dramatic fashion. He allowed his voice to take a cold, serious tone. "If we do not defeat it swiftly, many more lives will be lost" he said. Damn he was getting good at imitating Caleb, he was such a boring and predictable character which made it super easy. "Also, your daughter's about to die" Hunter said matter-of-factly, jerking a thumb towards Audrey, who was indeed screwed.

[​IMG]
    Hunter wasn't bullshitting, something that surprises even me; Audrey was very much in danger. While the others had been arguing, she had slipped away. If they wouldn't take care of the dragon, then she would. Maybe she was more like her mother than people thought, maybe she had a spark of bravery ignite inside of her, or maybe she was just stupid (my money's on that one), but she had to try. And so she had carried her mother's keyblade over to the dragon and was standing right in front of it as it landed. She got one swing in before the dragon's tail shot towards her, attempting to knock her off her feet.

Luckily for her, Caleb wasn't so obsessed with vengeance he was willing to put his daughter in danger. He was there, summoning a shield as he blocked the attack. He wasn't going to lose another person he cared about, especially not his daughter. Turning to look at Audrey, he had a remarkably serious look on his face. "Audrey, get somewhere safe. I'm not asking, go do it" he said simply. As the little girl nodded and stepped away, Caleb summoned two blades and looked back towards Freya. "From this moment onwards, we are enemies. If you're still here once I've dealt with this, then I will not be held responsible for what happens. Anyone that aids Dane is no friend or ally of mine" he stated, glancing at Ghost. He wondered what his reaction would be to all of this. He had once fought alongside Sapphire, and for all he knew that allegiance still stood, would his friend take up arms against him? Not worrying about that for the moment, he turned and glared at the dragon, before charging forward and striking at the beast with his blades.

9. Mysty Unknown

After an unfortunate event that warped the fabric of space and time, much to Crybex's confusion, he was now in a state of limbo, drifting in a plane of existence that really had no existence. Perhaps this was an area that held the boundaries between the three realms together. However that moron figured out how to access such a place was beyond him. Regardless of the matter, Crybex was a little stuck and had no choice but to allow the dimension to push him through to wherever it needed to.

And thus, it happened. The fabric of reality tore and the Nobody was launched into a bizarre place. The only thing now that he could see were the fools from previous encounters trying to slay a dragon. From what he could tell, this was probably the chamber for this "hero" everyone searched for. Instead of helping them attack this big dragon, Crybex just sat in the back of the room, watching them being attacked and attacking.

They'd probably all start focusing on Crybex instead of the dragon if they were aware of his presence, so before anyone could really notice, he set up and illusion around himself to hide his entire being. Bending the light around himself, he became invisible to the naked eye. Perhaps every once in a while, he'd make some sort of "accident" happen when they were fighting the dragon to make it look like nature was reacting to this "hero" and it strike the dragon. Maybe not. Really Crybex just wanted to **** with everyone.

In fact, he did just that. He created the illusion that health green bubbles began to appear onto the field. Whenever someone stood next to them, they would go inside but do absolutely nothing since they weren't real. The feeling of giving false hope... its what those people with hearts of darkness deserve after all.

10. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero had stepped through the portal and found herself in the Keyblade Graveyard. She summoned her scythe and looked to the group of people and/or Nobodies and spoke loudly.

"On behalf of the Goddess, Sapphire, you are all hereby under arrest; For the attempt to dethrone and murder Sapphire!" As she spoke she saw Lexcifur and pain began to tug at her heart once more, "You can all surrender now, or die here trying to escape!"

[​IMG]
    After Freya had revealed herself and the rest of them, a giant rip in the fabric of space appeared and a dragon came out as if all on cue. He noticed other people come out of it too; all of them were with Sapphire and... his mother was here too.

With a growl, Lexcifur turned back to the group and looked straight at Dane. He then charged over to him, attempting to swing at the man.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

~One obligatory trip the the Keyblade Graveyard Later~

[​IMG]

Landing in the Keyblade Graveyard and apparently in front of the Hero's cave, things were going all but easy for them. Freya, otherwise known as the girl who was overly attached to her brother's friend, had put up a barrier to stop Caleb from going towards the cave as well as revealing that the goddess was her mother. Man there were a lot of things that he didn't know about. This was where Zephyr's lack of knowledge on anything related to the goddess may have been a hindrance, but there was one thing that he was wondering. It wasn't why Freya was acting as an inside person. "I don't really know the whole deal the goddess and your apparent mother, but why not try convincing the hero that he shouldn't kill her."

His general view of a hero was basically there stereotypical shown one. So to Zephyr, that seemed like an idea that could very well work. Seeing as how they weren't going to be making any more progress towards the cave, so he turned his attention towards the sky to see what this whole dragon deal was. Surely after looking into the sky, he saw the aforementioned dragon. One look at it and well, Zephyr wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, he would get to fight a dragon. If he had a legendary weapon then he would be very much ecstatic right now. But on the other hand, if this dragon was sent by the goddess, then it could be a problem. Not that the giant sting ray was anything to go off of. Acting reckless in a situation like this could be hazardous to his health so he wouldn't just rush in to fight it. Not yet at least. For now he was being accused of murder.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I ain't trying to murder anyone." His hands waved to and fro along his dismal of the attempted murder claims. Seriously was the goddess really so bad that she needed to be killed. Which again goes back to his 'convince the hero to not kill her' suggestion.

Asura, not really knowing what the hell was going on, just went towards the dragon. It looked to be a threat so yeah, that's all I got.

[​IMG]
    Xross on the other hand first act wasn't to go fight the dragon. As curious as he was about the hero, there were too many potential obstacles that would hinder any attempts to get close. While he wasn't worried at all about Freya, the ones that she always followed behind could be a problem should he try to harm her. He's only seen one of them in action thus forming a capable counter for them would be difficult with the one unknown. His gaze turn towards the dragon as he stood back and watched as anyone else went to face the dragon.

What he would for the time being would be to observe. From this distance he would simply observe how the dragon behave against the one fighting it. Should a stray attack come near hitting him, then he would simply dodge or block it. If not, then he would be much more preoccupied with thinking of ways to handle said dragon. He paid no attention to the words of the girl who'd appeared out of nowhere. Xross had no intentions of fighting her, but he did wait to see how anyone else would react.

[​IMG]
    Now finally having something to do, Avi was the next person to appear in the Keyblade Graveyard following Xero. Though unlike her, he didn't make a proclamation about them being placed under arrest. In fact he just stood back. He wasn't giving off the best first impression with how he was acting, but it wasn't like he could just up and run. Well he could, but Sapphire seemed pretty damn serious about stopping them this time, unlike the other two times he was sent to stop them.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

Freya & Xander
    It seemed that Freya had gotten herself into some trouble with not only Caleb which she hoped to be able to reason with. Xander in the other hand, that was more unexpected. With a sword at her neck and Caleb's thirty second warning, as well as a silent agreement from Xander, Freya knew she had to think fast.

"Caleb, she tried to stop him, many times but she can't leave Riel and anyone she sent never came back. If you want to blame someone, blame me! I have inherited part of moms power yet never stopped him, despite being free to roam and leave. Blame me! Not mom! Just let her live, please!" Freya pleaded with Caleb. "I am not helping him. I am not helping any lf you, I am just stopping you from making a huge mistake." Freya said as Xander tightened the sword against her neck drawing blood.

Lexcifur hadn't stopped to help her instead going after Dane, it seemed that Freya was on her own. Caleb had walked away, Zephyr suggested she reason with the hero, but how was she supposed to? "I don't strand a chance at reasoning with him against all of you." Freya barely manages to get out as fear set in. Her mom had sent others to help but they didn't outnumber the rebellion, she was on her own.

Xander could tell the girl was getting scared, however once glance turned pity to anger. "I was right, you are nothing but weak. I will do you a favour though and make it fast, your thirty seconds are up." Xander said, stern and straight faced. He didn't fear Sapphire, he has no problems killing her daughter if it brought things one step closer to true peace.

Without warning an invisible, solid force pushed Xander away. It had felt like a solid wall as it forced him way. "What the-" Xander managed to say when he stopped being forced back and caught his balance again. He looked up to see the innocent naive, weak girl, standing strong, the cut on her neck slowly healing.

"The scar isn't for pride, the scar is a reminder that even of I inherited only support type magic's, that I can't resign myself to having to wait for someone to Save me. I can fight foe myself. Freya said standing tall, her small frame not looking as threatening as she hoped. A small amount of joy and pride flared in Freya's heart as she learned to stand up for herself and her mom. She wanted to turn around and show her brother, tell him of what she was doing, being so proud of herself, but knew she had to stay focused.

"You are going to regret that girl." Xander said, both swords in hand. "I was going to be nice and make it quick and painless but if you fight back, painful is how it will have to be. You are asking for it." Xander said as he prepared for a proper fight against the girl.

Alisia
    A small amount of hope jumped in Alisias heart as the others appeared, but faded at the sight of the dragon and employees of the goddess. By the sounds of Dane, it was time to fight. Alisia merely bowed her head, picked up her keyblade and followed closer to the battle field. She would fight the dragon and try to keep out of Danes way unless he told her to do otherwise. Alisia just hoped that none of the people sent by the goddess would try to attack her. She was better at fighting now after training with Dane, but didn't think herself good enough to take on anyone or anything on her own.

Gwen
    Gwen walked straight past the dragon to Xero. "Yeah I don't know of anyone told you how this works but we are the protagonists so we automatically will win. So take your arrest warrant and go sulk somewhere. However od you don't believe me, I can always blow your brains out to prove we win." Gwen told Xero as she raised up her aethercannon.

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

It seemed as if there were several things happening. Though Akira was debriefed about a war going on with a corrupted Goddess of Light and those trying to find a hero to stop this Goddess since legends and prophecies proclaimed about this said Hero being the only one to kill the Goddess. Now she was not only fabricated somehow from her island she once resided, but now at this place called a Keyblade Graveyard. As she stood silently by, she saw how both sides were conflicting with one another at length, and that it seemed the sighting of a Hero was seen in a cave... No wonder why there was a confusion when they first met her.

Not long after that, a dragon beast was summoned out of no where. Some were fighting that, while someone seemed to be fighting against one another. "
    So this is what it's come to," Akira mused, staying out of the conflict as much as possible. "The age of Light is but a myth. It is an age of confusion and strife..."

Suddenly someone else seemed to have come out of no where, perhaps on this said Goddesses side. She proclaimed they were all under arrest for attempted murder and dethrone apparently. She scoffed, but didn't have a chance to say much. The one she met at the cave spoke first. Though her words weren't choice to Akira, it got a point across. "
    What she had said," Akira said, keeping her hand on the sword. "Though I'll have you know, some do not have a part in all of this. For example, I am still very unsure which side I will take as my ally... Though your assumptions of all here partaking and murder and dethroning this so powerful Goddess is something I will laugh at. For now. Unless you choose to fight." Her eyes flickered and she flexed her fingers on the hilt. "Then we will have issues I will have to resolve by force. If this Goddess of yours is so grand, why does she not come here herself to dispose this said Hero before he awakens form his slumber? It seems to me she's very idle and lazy to have henchmen do her dirty work... Either that, or she is a coward... What a joke. "

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  14. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    So, Hunter had to do some thinking to make sure he understood everything, or at least the important things. People spawn in keyblade graveyard, people fight amongst themselves, drama and more drama, oh no freya is doing something, Akira trashtalks the goddess, yeah he had everything acknowledged. Now for the important things.

Hunter ignored all the ongoing drama and ran over to Gwen's side. When he got there though, he didn't draw his blade or anything, in fact he didn't look aggressive in the slightest. His eyes lit up and he had a look of joy so prominent it was almost as bright as Gabi's reaction to the FF7 remake reveal. "Oh my god ITS A GIRL FIGHT!" he cried out. This was how hot scenes played out, he was sure of it. "To make this fair both of you have to remove all your clothing and max out your defence stat and no other reason, certainly not my amusement. BUT OH MY GOD ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. QUICK AKIRA GET THE CAMERA! WE'RE GONNA BE RICH" Hunter shouted, very much enjoying this particular scene.

[​IMG]
    As he delivered another strike to the dragon, he heard the voice of Xero accusing them all to be murderers. Caleb took a quick glance to make sure Audrey wasn't in danger, and then left the dragon for the others to deal with. Knowing Xero's strength and knowing that Freya was half goddess he reasoned they should deal with them first. "So Xero, you're defending Sapphire too? You're calling us murderers? You married a genocidal maniac! Listen to me, both of you; Sapphire deserves to die. Freya you claim that it was your fault, but it wasn't. It was hers. I have seen Sapphire summon countless creatures to try and stop us from freeing the one person that can stop her, where were they when Dane was killing people? Where were they when Dane murdered Juliet?!" Caleb yelled, the anger and raw emotion in his voice painfully obvious.

He looked at the two blades in his hands. "I swore to protect people using my power, I swore to protect my family, and I couldn't do either of them. You want to protect your mother so much, Freya? Then answer me this; the last day I saw Sapphire was the day I left for the realm of darkness. I made it clear to everyone there that should there come a time I was needed, they only had to call and I would stop the threat. They all knew my combat ability, they all knew my proficiency in light, so answer me this, daughter of the betrayer" Caleb said, before now starting to dash towards Freya.

"Why did I not only not get called to help, but get completely ignored in a time of such need? She left those people to die, and you just can't accept it!" the man shouted, practically screaming it at Freya, as he summoned a blade whilst running and hurled it at Freya.

[​IMG]
    Well, it was a good thing Alisia had told Dane not to mistake her actions for loyalty, because she sure as hell didn't seem loyal in the slightest at that point. She had gone to deal with the dragon, and that in itself was helpful, but she had waited until someone had actually attacked Dane before she decided to piss off. Still, he could handle it, so it wasn't an issue; but her timing was ridiculous.

Acting as though it were the most casual thing in the world, Dane leaned out of the way of the strike and lazily raised his scythe to stop the attack. As he did, he got a good look at both the kid attacking him and the blade he was using, and what he saw caused him to raise an eyebrow. "Do I know you?" he asked, before actually putting effort into pushing the boy off of him. He stood a couple of meters away from him now; close enough Lexcifur could attack without too much difficulty but far enough that Dane would have time to prepare.

"Oh, I know who you are! You're Gexln's kid, right? I see it now! The teenage angst, the look of intense anger at the world, it was just like he was when he was a kid, and the sword only makes it that much more obvious. But why do you have it? He never left the sword alone when he was in a fight, it was practically joined at the hip to him...so something must have happened. Is he sick? No, I beat the guy to a bloody pulp and he still crawled after me, no cold will stop him, injured? Has to be. But if he could move he'd still be coming...is he...oh my...no wonder you look so pissed off. Your dad went and kicked the bucket didn't he? With a sloppy attack like you did just now, he probably offed himself out of shame for his kid hitting like a pansy, is that what happened?" Dane, ace detective, asked.

15. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]
    The mute boy's hair flared as he took Samsara's punishing shock and it prompted him to pull his arm the **** away from Samsara's grip. He affixed her a blank stare and watched as she headed off. Contrary to her order, he followed, more likely because he had no one else to go with.​

16. Skyheart Joker

• [​IMG]
      After having dealt with the whole thing with Crybex, Stratos and Beuce went off to see the goddess about fighting against the rebellion. As it had turned, some guy named Xindai was locked up in the keyblade graveyard and his release was apparently a really bad thing. Stratos had no idea who this Xindai guy actually was, but if it were enough to get the deity of the universe scared, he must have been on the really powerful side. Giving a short wave to everyone, he looked to Beuce and said, "well, we've been waiting around for long enough, so let's go and be the antagonists." With that, Stratos hopped on his keyglider and flew off to the Keyblade Graveyard.

As he got there, he noticed all hell had basically broken loose already. People were already getting primed and ready to fight and there was a giant darkness dragon that was just sort of there ready to take on the entire group. Well, that was certainly something. However, there was one person in particular who caught his interest at the moment. There was a blue haired man yelling and screaming at one of the female members of the rebellion and seemed like he was about to just kill her.

Stratos wasn't entirely sure who either of them were, however, remembering what the girl looked like, she seemed to bear a somewhat striking resemblance to the goddess herself. Which probably meant she was an ally. And even if she wasn't, she was still a person in need. Rocketing down as fast as he could, Stratos summoned his keyblade back to his hand as he landed hard in front of Freya, swiping the blade hurled at her out of the air and letting back a burst of wind at the blue haired man. With a smirk on his face, Stratos looked at him and said,
      "sorry there, but I can't let you go and hurt this person all willy nilly." Swiping his free hand, suddenly both he and Freya were coated in an Aerogora wind barrier, as he finished saying, "so your opponent now will be me."

• Jackie had been super pumped up now. The end of their adventure was here. They were going to find the hero and save the universe from ultimate destruction. Oh yeah, this was going to be super awesome. As such, Jackie had flung herself into the rift that Lucien had created and just sort of watched in awe as basically chaos just sort of happened. Everyone started fighting all over the place, and there was a giant dragon to be killed! And everyone knew that dragon slaying was one of the few pinnacles of the adventuring mountain. Giving a pretty excited look to Blanc, he let out a sigh as he knew that not only would he have to fight the dragon, but he'd also have to probably keep Jackie from dying.

Regardless, the girl had readied her katana and charged at the dragon at full speed. Going into the Fever Pitch command style to go and get an increase in speed, she was about to slash at the creature when it decided it didn't really want to deal with her at the moment. As such, it simply swiped its tail at her, and knocked her far and away from the creature. As she was sailing through the air, she was brought to an abrupt halt as she was caught in the air by one of Blanc's zero gravities. Giving a thumbs up to him, he simply let her go and do her own thing again as she charged once more at the dragon.

• [​IMG]
      Charlotte had her blade at the ready as she entered the keyblade graveyard. As the dragon had descended and was primed and ready to attack them all, the knight of light gathered energy around herself as wings of light had sprout from her back. Charging the blade up with light, she knew that this beast was going to be a tough one to take down, and that she alone would not be able to take it on. However, with this large a group, even if they were momentarily preoccupied with others, would eventually be able to fell this beast. As such, she had to simply act as a distraction and deal as much damage as she could at the moment until the time to end it came. Flying at full speed at the creature, she went to slash at the creature, but was immediately intercepted by one of the dragon's hands. The hand was holding onto a dark sphere like object, which it slammed into Charlotte.

The orb exploded upon impact, revealing itself to be a dark firaga, and knocked the young warriors wings out, before she conjured them up once more. As a direct approach was not doable at the moment, she charged up a sphere of rainbow lights and fired a Prism Rain at the beast. The light bullets each hitting the creature, though not doing any real visible damage. This was surely going to be an arduous fight.

• Phantom had stuck back from the rest of the fighters to just sort of analyze the situation. As it was, the dragon would be the biggest threat for the rebellion people to remove, and so keeping that thing alive for as long as possible was probably a good idea. However, there was no sort of big name threat attacking the dragon at the moment, and all of those seemed pretty isolated with their own combatants. So, Dragon saving it would be. Bringing up his rifle, he noted that there was a burly man striking at the dragon with his fists currently, and a girl who seemed really pathetic, to the point the dragon itself would be able to easily handle her.

Furthermore, there was a few over others that started charging at the dragon. One was a woman who just sort of had wings of light and was wielding a sword, also glowing with light as she just sort of charged at it. And there was another duo, one who was a pretty energetic girl who didn't really seem like much of a threat at all, and the other who was just a pretty unassuming white guy. The girl would be harder to deal with as she was currently flying, and the other two would probably be easy enough for the dragon to effortlessly defeat them. So, he just sort of settled on the burly guy who was punching the damn thing. Taking aim with his rifle, Phantom imbued his bullets with wind as he fired a few rounds that would curve towards Asura.

• Standing there, Lucien sighed at the entire situation that was going down and looked to the side."So, you aren't going to join in on the fun right now time guy?" It had appeared as though Lucien was speaking to thin air, only to shrug and say,"ah, doesn't matter anyway. What's going to happen is going to happen regardless of your involvement. As for myself," Lucien twirled his keyblade around as he planted it into the ground. Cracking his knuckles, he continued to state,"I got an enemy of my own I got to deal with here." The dragon would be defeated in due time, and the rest of these one on ones would end with...well, ultimately their victory. How it happened wasn't really any sort of things Lucien cared about. However, there was one allied with the goddess who had not made himself present yet, and that very one would be his opponent. And when he finally showed himself, they'd settle some sort of innate rivalry between the two in the only way they knew how to.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Freya and Xander
    "Do not speak of what you do not know. Dane doesn't destroy without help. He summons powerful heartless, some of which spent much time combatting mothers creatures. Other creatures rescued who they could. Where do you think the populous of Riel came from." Freya said remaining somewhat calm. The battle was on, two men fighting her.

Freya created barriers to block all attacks then forced then out to ram into the assailants. As she dud si, something unexpected happened. A young man landed in front of her ti help protect her. "Thank you." She said to him after he cast the spell on them. "I can't really fight but I can sure keep them back and you alive. "Freya told him hoping he'd understand what she was proposing.

Xander had been pushed back again but then the girl was distracted by another man who was helping her. He took advantage of this chance to blink to between Freya and Stratos, duel swords aimed at their sides. "it ends now."

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

• [​IMG]
      Hearing Freya's response to his suggested had cause Zephyr to think about the various reasons why they were looking for the hero. he knew for a fact that getting him to go along with not having the hero kill the goddess would be an easy thing to do. It might be easy to convince some of the others the same thing, but Caleb and Xander clearly were all for killing her. The numbers weren't on her side either right now. Basically there wasn't much that Freya could do right now and right now she was a bit preoccupied with fighting Xander.

While all this was going on, Zephyr himself had barely even moved from where he was standing for he was too preoccupied trying to decide where he stood in this whole mess. He'd always tried to stay out of things that didn't have anything to do with him. So two people desire to kill the goddess that he wasn't even sure deserved to be killed and the dragon that currently one person was fighting (Go Asura! Slay that dragon!) were things that fell in that category. Okay so that numbers jumped from one to four, but the point still stood.

Along with the other people who had arrived to aid in fighting the dragon, another person on the goddess side had arrived and Zephyr actually recognized this one. The person being Stratos, who not only deflected the blade that Caleb had thrown at Freya as well as put up a aerora barrier around the both of them. His actions had made the fight an even 2 v 2, but he still greatly doubted Freya's abilities to fight. Plus her pleas from before didn't seem like an attempt to lie to save her own skin, but pleas of someone who cared deeply for their mother.

If he was going to make a decision, he was going to have to do so now. His blue keyblade appeared in his hand and with all his might, he threw it towards Xander who had appeared between Freya and Stratos
    • The cycle of attacking the dragon as well as dodging its attacks was a repetitive one., but he couldn't allow that to cause him to slip up. For that mistake could be a fatal one. Though it would appear that his 1 vs 1 of dragon would come to a close as others had leap in to assist him. Their efforts were greatly appreciated, though before he could return the favor by continuing to help them, he would have another matter to deal with.

Through his peripheral vision, he was able to notice a bullet heading towards him. Asura wasted no time in trying to dodge it. He had successfully managed to avoid one of them, but there were more wind bullets aimed towards him. Not being in the best of positions to dodge the attack, he did the next best thing, for him anyway, and slammed his hand into the ground and picked up a chunk of it with his bare hand and tossed it towards the remaining bullets. The rocks had made impact with the bullets, stopping them in their tracks. The threat of the bullets was taken care of, but he he wasn't out of the clear just yet. However the one who had shot at him fortunately didn't hide themselves from his field of view. Asura took up another chuck of rock from the ground, used his magic to mold it into a spike and fling it towards the one who had shot at him.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "I don't care how populated your homeworld is! She summoned creatures but where was she when Dane went on a rampage? Where were the others? How many more worlds have to suffer for her uselessness?!" Caleb cried, just as he was hit with a powerful gust of wind and knocked off of his feet. However, the warrior got up quickly. "Get the hell out of my way! I'm going to free the hero and kill Sapphire, and if you get in the way of protecting the innocent then you'll face the wrath of justice too!" he yelled. However, he saw a keyblade flying from Zephyr just in time, aimed right at Xander. Diving forward, he caught the keyblade in mid-air and then used the keyblade in an powerful strike forward, straight at Stratos.
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, Hunter had gotten bored of waiting for Xero to respond, and the hype around the girl fight was beginning to die rather quickly. "Eh, maybe I'll go free the hero and raise a little hell myself" the male said as he started to walk towards the cave. However, he was stopped by the unlikeliest of heroes. Directly in the way was a small bunny, but Hunter's eyes widened as he recognised the bunny before him. This was Liam, Gexln's rabbit, but more importantly...this was the killer rabbit of legend. One look at its teeth could tell anyone that. And the bones! The bones that had spawned around it for dramatic effect! Although if there was anyone there that excelled in killing defenceless, woodland creatures (aside from Dane), it was certainly Hunter, and with that logic he dove forward and attempted to grab it with his bare hands.

Amongst all the darkness in his dead body, one spark of light had retained itself. Part of Gexln's fighting spirit lived on, and that part had refused to give in and simply stop existing. He had survived over 300 years, there was no way he was going to die then!

And so the warrior opened his eyes, but he wasn't in the keyblade graveyard where he had been killed by Xero, but he was in the village he had grown up in. How had he gotten there? His memory was a little hazy, but he remembered enough that he knew he had died by his wife's hand, and that he had failed everyone he had promised he would control the darkness.

His hair felt slightly longer. Not much, but slightly longer. It was a little odd, had he been out for that long? Wandering over to one of the windows of an old shop, he wiped away the dust with his sleeve and noticed that he wasn't wearing the clothes he had been wearing either. When had someone changed his clothes? Looking up from the sleeve and into the window, a gasp was heard from the warrior as he recognised the reflection looking back at him.
    [​IMG]
    He wasn't Gexln anymore, but he was back in his own body. He was Glen, his somebody. How was that possible? At that moment, a whirlwind of memories overcame the keyblade wielder, swarming into his head. He could remember everything. His childhood, his adventures with SOS, Kara, right up until the moment he had given into darkness. And then- So that was why he was back at the village. It was where Glen had died, and apparently it was where Glen had revived.

A wave of sorrow hit Glen like a truck as he remembered the words he had spoken to Xero before Gexln had died. How could he have been so cruel to the woman he had loved for over three centuries?! He had to make it up to her somehow, but...even now, even when he wasn't a Nobody, he could still feel the darkness taking hold. Not quite as badly, but it was there. He wasn't going to endanger her, and he wasn't going to go near her until he knew at least how to calm the darkness within. Throughout his time as a somebody and a Nobody, Glen had only ever known one person he trusted to help him with his struggles of control.

Opening a dark corridor, Glen stepped through and emerged at the heart of Riel. Sapphire would undoubtedly know of his return, but he didn't care; the hatred for her had died down significantly, but he still had no desire to speak with her. No, it was not her he needed advice from. "R, I know you can hear me, and I know you can speak to me. Something has happened to me, and I don't think I'm a Nobody anymore. I need your advice" the keyslinger said, allowing his pride to be pushed underneath his love for his wife as he spoke.

20. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Akira had the same idea as Hunter, although she had left without a warning. She was sneaking along the mountain walls, making sure the others were distracted with whatever chaos was going to befall them. It seemed as if this scuffle was around this said hero, the dragon was a distraction, and whoever the goddess sent was not doing a very good job of sending reinforcements to stop them, or even going to kill this Hero themselves. So, still undecided which side she was going to go on, she decided to try her hand at freeing the trapped Hero. Why was this hero trapped anyways? It seemed kind of silly. She didn't have much information on the manner, but she didn't have time to go research and mull over this, she needed to act now. This wasn't an act of righting a wrong, or protecting those she loved... It was more of an act of defiance to see if she could actually get away with it.

Coming close to the mouth of the cave, Akira stopped and clutched her sword, seeing that all the focus were on the opposing sides at the entrance... All she needed to do was get around them, right? Taking in a quick breath after flexing her fingers on the handle of the sword, she suddenly preformed Flash Fire Step, disappearing from view and appearing behind the small group as little flames appeared at the bottoms of her feet. She then Fire Flashed Stepped again, running into the cave with all her might. "Alright, where are you Hero?" she asked to no one, running down the corridors of the cave and glancing ahead to make sure she didn't miss anything. She was also keeping a careful ear, knowing that if she was seen, someone would be close behind her to try to stop her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.