Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Not paying attention, Samsara closed her eyes and tried to think about what she wanted to do. Dane didn't want to go anywhere with her anymore. Samsara was fine with that, she honestly was. She had messed up pretty bad, but Dane wasn't even giving her a second chance. Him getting mad about her healing him with light on accident was justified, but he acts as if he could have died. She shook her head and opened her eyes. Turning her head, she looked as Dane was walking away with Alisia. Samsara wished she could help her, but Dane would kill Samsara if she tried anything. Audrey spoke and Samsara heard her mention healing Alisia. "Don't go near Dane, he'll kill you." Samsara spoke up, turning towards Audrey and Sheridan. Walking towards the two, Samsara knelt down. "I'm..." she began, not sure what to say. "I'm sorry I held you back earlier, but...I didn't want you to die. Neither did your mom. She was fighting Dane to protect you, I'm sure of it." Those words probably helped Audrey a little, but Samsara was mostly bullshitting. Mother's are pretty stupid, always trying to do what's best for their kids, but never really asking their kids what they wanted.

"In any case, you got a dad, right? I think we should take you back to your dad...um...let me explain what happened with your mom to him, okay? Just point him out to me when we get back to Disney Castle. Sherridan, you're coming too. You can try and heal her bruises, see?" Samsara pointed to a few that she noticed. As Samsara spoke with the two, a dark hole began to spread from her feet and outwards. It eventually surrounded the trio before Samsara noticed. "Uh..." she stuttered, not sure what it was. "Oh, wait, is this a dark corridor in the ground?" she asked nobody in particular. "Well, I'm ready whenever you guys are." she said, holding Audrey and Sherridan's hand when they were ready and transporting with them if they chose to go.

2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Seeing nothing else to do here, Ohm turned and vanished in a flash of light. He ended up back at the disney castley library. It looked like the coliseum wasn't the place where the hero rested either. Two worlds and no hero, he started to think this was just some wild goose chase. It was discouraging, mounted on to the fact that Ohm was still worried sick about his sister. It plagued his mind that she'd use such a sinister power to kill him but it wasn't just her actions to kill him that broke his heart, she had effectively cut her ties to him, the only person who ever cared about her, Ohm loved his sister, she was his world and seeing her this lost, this gone saddened him. He put a hand to his chest and touched his back to the cool wall, sliding down so he was sitting, legs crossed and his other hand cupped his chin.​

3. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Hunter was still waiting for Rinnox to open a dark time portal thingy when a realization hit him in the face, literally. His idea lightbulb lit up and slapped him across the face for being such an idiot. "Damn, we forgot one important thing here; Rinnox is a pro at going AFK and doing absolutely nothing. It's probably due to his rper being kinda lazy too, might wanna have a word to Lucien about that, but seriously... I mean, aside from transport here, can anyone else think of a single time he did something useful? Normally I'd be worried that I'm offending one of the most OP guys in LVD, but lets be honest, he's probably just standin' still as a statue, not moving or doing anything even now. Follow me, I'll get us back" Hunter said, before turning and walking up the stairs to the Olympus Colosseum. He pushed open the big doors and walked inside. Inside was not actually KH2's colosseum, but KH1's, though you wouldn't know it given the creators got lazy and just decided to throw a few flames around the place and call it a new area. The moment Hunter arrived, he turned around and pushed open the doors he'd just walked into. Because it was KH1 Olympus, they functioned as the world exit doors and found himself back in Disney Castle. Now, that was pretty bs, but it still made more sense than twirling around and appearing back there magically in a blink of light.

First thing Hunter noticed was the unusual amount of drama. More than usual, really. Along with that was a thousand death glares all directed towards Dane. Wait. Angry looks from Xander, angry look from Caleb, crying kid being Audrey, and tension from everybody else....this could only mean one thing. It was time for the antagonist to be defeated! Hunter sprinted straight at Dane with a battlecry, and was about to strike him when he found himself inside a dark corridor.

[​IMG]
    Audrey hadn't said a word to Samsara. She didn't quite glare at her, but the look she gave was certainly not friendly. She was helping Dane, and she seemed to be doing it because she wanted to. No amount of words saying 'i'm sorry' or anything along those lines would ever cause Audrey to forgive her. She pushed past her as best as she was able to and walked through the dark corridor Dane had created.

The moment she got back, she saw Caleb. Immediately the girl raced over to her father and hugged him, burying her face in his clothing and crying.

[​IMG]
    Caleb was in shock. He wasn't quite sure how to react to the sight he had seen. It wasn't anything special, simply people returning, but it was who hadn't returned that was affecting him. "Audrey...where is your mother?" he asked.

"She...I....dad she's..."

Caleb grabbed Audrey's hands and looked down at her. The look of panic on his face was evident as he heard her lack of being able to speak. "Audrey...where is she?!" he asked, practically shouting. The feeling in his stomach got even worse as he heard Audrey burst out sobbing and simply pointing a finger back. He didn't need to look up, he knew exactly who Audrey was pointing at. Caleb had let Dane go, had felt like he owed him, and Dane had taken the thing that was most precious to him away from him. It was like his childhood all over again, where he had taken a short break from being a protector and had had everything go wrong. He'd been talking to Xander about how he was able to protect people, how everyone would be fine. He was wrong.

A very, very dark and grim look appeared on Caleb's face. He didn't feel angry, he didn't feel sad, he didn't feel anything. There was a hole in his heart, the place where Juliet had been was empty, leaving nothing but a dark abyss of negative emotions. He looked up now at Dane and he simply chuckled. There wasn't a word he knew that could even come close to conveying his feelings, to describe how badly he was going to mess up the murderer before him. Slowly, he moved Audrey out of the way and knelt down. "Keep your eyes closed until I tell you to open them. I don't want you seeing this" he stated. He then held up his hands and summoned both of his blades, before dashing at Dane as fast as he was able.

[​IMG]
    The most sadistic of grins appeared on Dane's face as Xander looked poised to attack and Caleb ran at him. Oh how he wanted to stay, he wanted to kill them both. No, not just them. He wanted them all dead, except for Alisia and Audrey. But he couldn't. It would be a hard fought battle but he had confidence he could come out on top, but more than that was he needed them. He needed them to find the hero, and if he fought them and killed them there was no telling how long it would take. Instead, he opened a dark corridor. "Hate me all you like, it's not going to change anything. Xander, Caleb, both of you are guardians, and both of you are failures. I've killed people here and neither of you could do anything to stop me. You have no right to call yourselves protectors of anything. The only one that has even the smallest chance of stopping me is in a cave somewhere that nobody has seen for centuries, so I hope you enjoy watching all those you care about burn and die. Later" the shadow reaper said as he stepped through the dark corridor, dragging Alisia through it and sealing it shut behind himself.

4. Skyheart Joker

As the group from that weirdly pretentiously named city had come back, Jackie noticed something. One, she was no longer gushing over the beauty of the Freya and Lexi romance that had been going on here. And she realized why this was. Because the person who was originally with the trio, the presumed brother to Freya of this terrible love triangle had appeared. It seemed that Freya's attention was immediately diverted towards him and the romance between Lexi and Freya had stopped for the time being. Jackie was then a bit confused by what happened next as they just sort of stared at each other intently...wordlessly. She wasn't quite sure why they were doing this, but instead of inquiring she walked over to Zavion and patted him on the shoulder, trying to speak quietly to him saying, "listen, Mr. Brother of Freya. I see that you want to talk and, I guess look at your sister and friend, but you interrupted a very touching moment here. Now, I know you love her like a sister, but, you should probably let her down on you not having romantic feelings for her, so that this love triangle between the three of you doesn't get more complicated." She then smiled to him and gave him a thumbs up, as if he were sure he had understood everything she had just said.

It was at that point that the cheery mood in the room seemed to turn more somber and dark as the Great Forest had come back. Charlotte and Blanc seemed ready to take on the man as he taunted everyone in the room, only to leave without...well anything happening. Lucien seemed to just pop back into the scene and shrugged as he said,"damn, that little fucktard got out of here scott free. Ah well, at least he's gone now." Lucien casually, with a pretty neutral expression kept walking along the library and casually picked out a book. He looked at the group and said,"ah cool, we're all here now, or at least implied to be. We can get to the next stage of the legend now," and fruitlessly search through another set of worlds. But hey, maybe someone wouldn't die this time.

Meanwhile, back in the Olympus Colosseum, Rinox shrugged at Zephyr's comment and said, "it's an acquired skill." It was then that the group seemed to go back to the Disney Castle on their own accord, which made Rinox just sort of teleporting into the background of the world much easier.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Freya felt a little embarrassed when Zavion just blatantly said he noticed. She knew that he was able to see her heart and what was going on in it. But she didn't know exactly what he saw since she herself was having a hard time telling how she really felt right now. He said nothing else on the subject and moved on to something else. Nutjobs attacking people, great. Nothing like that happened that she saw yet. That was when he picked up on the again. Freya took a deep breath and looked at them, that was when Jackie stepped in though. Freya created a separate link with Jackie since she knew who she was already anyways. "Jackie now isn't a good time. Please be quiet. I don't know where you get these wild ideas but now is not the time." Freya said. She looked back at Lexcifur and Zavion. "Anyways between Lexcifur and Auntie Xero they let Jackie and Blanc know that Sapphire is our mother. They promised not to say anything and I trust them... but what if other people find out...." She explained slightly nervous.
    [​IMG]
    As Sapphire looked around for Crybex Beuce approached her. She honestly didn't hear much of what he would say to her, she was a little out of it, plus it was Beuce so most of what he was saying did not matter most likely. She didn't know if she wanted to let him help her, however she couldn't afford to turn down help in her current state. "We need to find Crybex." She said placing a hand on Beuces shoulder. Magic flowed from her into him allowing for all his magical abilities to be stronger. Following this a set of armour appeared as well as a new weapon in his hand. "This should help. If you find him let me know. I will come to help, it is my fight. Oh and these powers are ony good on Riel, I don't have the energy to sustain them in any major distances, plus it is harder to keep an eye on you." She instructed.
    [​IMG]
    Gwen followed Hunter through the door back to the library. While Hunter got himself in trouble and sent away Gwen avoided the conflict going to books to try to find the next part of the legend. It didn't take long before she got annoyed at looking through the books ad finding nothing. She finally decided to stop that and going to find it on her rpers computer. After a couple minutes of searching she found it.

Waiting for all the drama to end eventually. When people started to quiet down she hoped that they would listen to her as she began to talk. "Listen up everyone I found the next part of the legend.
    Infinite in mystery is the house of the hero
    We seek it thus, and take to the sky
    A crevice stands within the earth's surface-
    The wandering soul knows no rest.

So since I don't feel like bsing my way through what all of these mean I will just say thing. From my sources I know they refer to Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Lilo and Stitch, and The Incredibles. So lets team up and head out. What do you say? Oh and sorry Lucien for stealing your job, this is what you get for not posting." Gwen finished talking.

Xander tensed up as he over heard what was going on with Caleb and Audrey, he killed yet another person. He killed Caleb's wife and beat Alisia so she was almost not recognizable. Yet Dane still held her in a position that no matter what he did could bring her to harm. Damn it! As Caleb told Audrey to close her eyes Xander turned to his friend. "Don't do anything to rash Caleb. If it comes down to it I will kill Dane but you need to remember and make sure your daughter still has a parent left to look out for her, got it?" Xander instructed as Caleb ran after Dane.

Xander was about to follow in a flash when Danes words made him freeze. What Dane said was true in the sense that they weren't able to protect anyone from his powers, that didn't mean they wouldn't stop trying. He COULDN'T stop trying, not when so many people where in danger because of him. He would kill Dane and free Alisia, he had to, for her sake. However now he didn't have a chance as Dane removed himself from the situation taking the injured Alisia with him. "Damn it!" Xander cried out as the corridor shut. "If only I hadn't hesitated." He grumbled after punching the wall behind him. There was n o telling where he had taken her. But apparently they did know the next part of the legend. Dane had said himself the person who could stop him was in a cave somewhere, he would find them not just to kill Dane but because it was what Alisia wanted. It was were this entire trip started from.

[​IMG]
    The worn, swollen eyes of Alisia laid on Audrey as she ran to her father crying. "I am so sorry." Alisia barely managed a whisper as she looked at Caleb in his anger. She was in part the cause of his wife's death. She didn't have that much of a choice but she could have refused. Was her and Xander's lives worth that of Juliet? She couldn't answer that question herself. As Caleb ran after Dane Alisia tried to struggle to free herself but she was too weak at the moment to have any chance. Dane was not about to let her go that easily. As she struggled she could feel the blade run across her back, and blood slowly soak her shirt, but at this point the blood stains were nothing new. She couldn't do much about the bleeding either as she was dragged through a dark corridor by Dane.

As she went through she felt weak, on the other side of the dark corridor she stopped supporting herself completely, if Dane let go she would completely collapse to the ground. Xander was left living which was a relief but now she was completely alone with Dane, no one to help her. She couldn't feel anything but numbness and weakness in her entire body. She felt as though she couldn't move. Even the physical pain from her injures no longer bothered her. She felt nothing, she was lost and didn't know what to do.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    The moment Dane and Alisia got out of the dark corridor, Dane began pacing around. They should find the hero, and he could follow them to him if that was the case, but if they didn't then what would he do? Would he find the hero on his own? Could he find the hero on his own? No, he had to. He was over six hundred years old, and most of those years had been spent travelling from place to place. If there was anybody that could find the hero alone, it was him. Although..at the same time, if the rebellion were to get in his way, could he handle them all? He was powerful, but was he that powerful? He wasn't so sure. He needed help, he needed an ally. For once, he actually didn't mind the idea of keeping Samsara around, although she wasn't trustworthy in his opinion so she could never do it. No, he needed someone he had control over, someone he had dominion over, and someone that he could take out relatively easily should they turn on him anyway.

Luckily, he had someone that fit that pretty well. Stepping over to Alisia, that all-too-familiar grin appeared on his face. "Hey Slave, have I got a proposition for you. You have to keep both me and you alive so that Xander lives, right? Cause if I die, i'm sure as hell taking him down with me. Well, if that's the case, you're going to have to learn to fight. Or at least, you're going to have to learn some magic other than that doomy thing you have. Sooooo, what do you say to me giving you a little dark magic? What's that? You say you'd love to have it? Good!" the shadow reaper said as he spotted the small cut in Alisia's back from the dagger he had used. Thrusting his hand forward, he placed it on the opening and began pouring all the excess darkness he had extracted from Juliet into Alisia's body. The process would be painful, but short, and would ultimately give her access to most of the basic levels of dark magic. Once he'd gotten more energy, he would continue strengthening her, but that was all he would do for the moment. Once it was done, he took a step back and admired his work. "Useless no longer" was all he said.

[​IMG]
    Xander wasn't the only one pissed. Slamming his fist onto a table with all his strength and rage, the wooden table collapsed on itself immediately. "Sapphire damnit! We were so close, he was so close to paying for what he did" the warrior fumed. He stood up straight and took a deep breath, but it didn't calm him in the slightest. "You were right, Xander. I can't protect everyone, I can't guarantee everyone's safety, and I couldn't even keep him from killing the one dearest to me. I'm going to this treasure planet place Gwen mentioned, and I'm going to find the hero. Then once we've found the hero, I'm going to set them on Sapphire, and kill Dane myself. He's not going to just die, he's going to suffer so much he'll wish he was dead, then I'm going to torture him some more, then maybe I'll put him out of his misery. He's going to feel the sword of justice cut his throat open and cause him to leak his putrid blood all over the place" Caleb Stitem said, a grim tone to his voice as he spoke.

[​IMG]
    Well, Hunter was lost. He was on an island in the middle of the ocean. Clearly he'd been sent to the Castaway world. Hell, he'd even seen Wilson, though he had gotten hungry and eaten him quite quickly. His diet was all kinds of messed up since he had been sent into that dark corridor all of five minutes ago. Actually, when was the last post...10 hours. Yeah, 10 hours ago is when it got messed up. Wait...this wasn't Castaway Island? Well ****, that made eating Wilson next to pointless. Spitting out the last bit of material onto the ground, he wrote a message in the sand. It said "I owe you 1 Wilson", seemed simple enough. Then he pulled out his map and looked at it. Apparently he was in the Incredibles world. Since when was Incredibles disney? Oh right, Disney Pixar was a thing..

Well, if he was in the Incredibles world, he had to have some kind of power. And there was only one way to find out what it was. Thrusting his arm forward, he unleashed a pure energy beam of absolute nothingness, for he didn't have that power. He then tried to fly, only to realize that wasn't going to work either. He focused his mind on trying to use his power, and immediately he felt fatter. Like he was heavier or worse for the heart. Looking down, he saw his skin was completely brown now. **** yeah, he'd gotten the power to turn black. Now nobody could catch him, and all the bikes were his. He was so happy he could eat himself.

Eat himself?

Holy ****, he wasn't black, he was just chocolate! He'd turned into chocolate! This was amazing, he could do so many things. He could cause obesity rates to skyrocket, he could make fat kids want to run, he could...he could...oh **** he was on an island in extreme heat. Apparently, he could melt. You'd better believe he turned that power off relatively quick. Hopefully RNGesus would bless him next post.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alisia laid on the ground not saying anything. She simply watched as Dane paced around her not even trying to stop her entire body from shaking. She didn't know what she was supposed to do anymore. Not try to escape again, no that was a stupid idea, not worth her trouble. Did she mindlessly help him or refuse. Should she even hold onto the hope of being saved? Probably not. What were the chances of them finding her now? She didn't even know where she was. Tears filled her eyes while, despite the ache from the cut in her back, she curled into a smaller ball.

Dane approached he and began talking about her fighting. She couldn't fight, she couldn't protect anyone. However he was convinced she could with a little help. Alisia only stared at Dane as he asked then assumed that it was okay to inject her with darkness or some crap like that. She looked away soon after just looking at the ground, showing her submission to him in every way. There was no more fighting, she didn't' have the strength to fight anymore.

At fist Alisia didn't think it would be that bad as he put his hands on her back, that thought only lasted half a second before he started injecting darkness into her wound causing her to scream out in pain. Tears ran down her face as she lay on the ground, back arched in screaming in pain. It lasted less than a minute then Dane stepped back and the pain faded almost immediately leaving her panting for air with a loss of breath. This left the young girl dazed as she looked up at Dane. She was surprised at how quick the pain had faded from her, relieved and Dane seemed to be done, so that was good, but fear remained. "What did you just do to me." She whispered in a raspy voice. Her throat ached from the screaming and it was all the voice that she could muster at the moment.

Xander watched Caleb as the table broke under his fist and listened to all the words that he had to say. He understood where Caleb was coming from. He had seen first hand, twice now what the man could do when he was not stopped and yet they couldn't stop him. He felt useless for allowing Dane to get away with the one person he wished to truly and fully protect. Not only did he take her away but she was also in such bad shape before. He couldn't imagine what else Dane might do o her. And yet Caleb's words were concerning to him.

"Don't allow your rage to make you into the bad guy." Xander started as he walked forward and placed a hand on Caleb's shoulder. "Don't let the anger drive you. We will bring him to justice. Put an end to him so he doesn't hurt anyone else but don't blur the line between justice and outright revenge. Know the limit before you push yourself to far. And remember you have to look after your daughter and set a good example for her. Do not become the enemy here." Xander said making his voice seem more calm than he really was. The truth was he was angry and upset and wanted to murder Dane as well but he would keep a cool face on, take him out when the time came in a calm matter so he didn't slip up and get someone else hurt. For now part of him was Glad the Dane was away from everyone else. He wanted Alisia alive for his own personal use, the rest of them were expendable. So the further the difference the safer everyone else was. There was so many young people here, if any one of them died to the hands of Dane...No he would keep them all safe.

8. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I know, but I can't help her yet. He has her." Sherridan said regretfully, looking backwards at Dane. You *******. I don't know how I'm going to do it but I swear I will help you Alisia, even though that monster of a man has you in his clutches right now. He won't be able to keep hold of you forever and that is when I'll try and help. I can't take you out of his reach entirely, but I can at least tend the wounds so you don't look so much like a mess. He then heard someone coming over and speaking to Audrey and seemingly him. He looked and recognised the white haired woman that had earlier sided with Dane. He had misjudged her. She was actually showing concern for the girl and trying to reassure her about what happened, revealing to him that the girl had just lost her mother. He clenched his fist. "You're right I'm coming. Audrey, I don't know you all very well, but I'll promise you this. There'll be justice for your mother, somehow, some day." Goddess and Hero be damned, I have something more important here to worry about. She will return safely to her father, or I'll die trying to get her there. She must be kept away from Dane- He can't be allowed to hurt her, or hurt anyone. If her father goes after Dane for what he did, then that's fine by me. I'll help. The Ranger allowed himself to be transported, wherever they were going, and unto whatever fate faced them.

It seemed that there were two men brave enough to face Dane and it became quickly apparent that one of them was Audrey's father. Seeing a chance, the Ranger reached for his weapon, but far too late. By the time he even had his hand on the bow, Dane and Alisia were gone, out of their reach for now. No, we missed our chance. Damn that Dane. It seems justice will have to wait a while.

"Looks like it's too late for you to explain what happened in the forest." Sherridan said as they left. The two men he was watching appeared to be taking the missed chance hard. One of them destroyed a table in his anger. Whoever these men were, then they were men after his own heart. They sought justice, even if the man named Caleb, Audrey's father, seemed to be descending down a darker path to avenge the death of Audrey's mother. Though he didn't know them, their shared concerns for justice told Sherridan that he could trust them to a certain degree. The Ranger walked over to them as they talked and took a breath. He hoped they would see an ally in him, but there was a chance they wouldn't.
    "I am sorry for your loss. I wish only that I had been faster, that I might have been able to stop Dane before he murdered the woman you loved." The Ranger said gravely. "We will find justice for her. I will not let that man kill another person, or beat another child again."

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

• [​IMG]
      Upon getting back to Disney Castle and seeing what was going on, Zephyr was at a complete lost for words. Unlike last time two people were trying to kill each other here, the animosity felt was much more serious. He then looked around, specifically at the side that looked ready to murder Dane and finally noticed that their group was nothing missing a few people as well as it had gain someone else. This is where Moksha's laziness takes over and just *insert other details here*.

Despite this, Dane had left and the next set of worlds was mentioned. Due to Gwen bsing the legend he wasn't sure which one to due, however due to his much more reliable (least for what the mentioned worlds are) source he knew that The Incredibles was a world full of heroes and thus that would be where he would go. "I guess I'll head to the incredible."

• [​IMG]
      Throughout that whole Dale fiasco Xross just sat back in one of the chairs and watched everything unfold. He had little intention of intervening for this was a good, yet brief, source of entertainment. Oh well. When all was said and done, he just spoke about the world that he'd decided to go to. "The Incredibles huh, sure why not."

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Nodding as Audrey left, Samsara continued to transport herself and Sherridan out of the forest. They reappeared in time to see Caleb begin to grieve over the loss of his wife. Turning her head away, Samsara ignored all the goings on in this room to think to herself. Dane seemed like a guy she could use as a teacher, but now he was showing his true colors. He was nothing but a cold-hearted man. If he even had a heart, that is. Shaking her head, Samsara turned her back towards the rest of the room. Her eyes closed and she stared at the ground. There was nothing she could do for Alisia now. No amount of sorry will make Audrey ever trust Samsara. There was nobody in this room that she could trust. Not even Ohm. Ohm. Thinking of Ohm, Samsara opened her eyes quickly and looked around. Spotting the blue haired man, she stared at him. When she had earlier done her magic, Samsara had also magically changed her voice for a better effect. Her heart ached as she wanted to go over and hug him immediately, but she could not. Facing him was something that she could not do right now, not until she got revenge on her mother. Ohm had begun to look back at her, which made Samsara quickly turn away.

A smashing sound could be heard coming from the direction Caleb was in. Walking over, Samsara could tell that he had smashed the table by noticing the smashed table and the very angry man. Samsara stood next to Audrey in silence. Blinking, Samsara sniffed the air and quickly realized that what Juliet said was true. Caleb was of darkness and he absolutely reeked of it. She could tell that Audrey had a similar scent to Caleb, but that was understanding considering she was his daughter after all. Gulping, Samsara hoped he didn't notice her own dark scent on Audrey after Samsara had previously held her back from getting at her mother. Clearing her throat, Samsara decided to speak up. "I'm going...to assume you're uh...this girl's father? I was there when Dane killed her mother. She put up a fight, I...I'm sorry he killed her I just..." she stopped, not having talked very loud. She was at a loss for words, not sure if speaking was a good idea right now. Talking louder, Samsara turned to Audrey and patted her head. "I've decided to fight against Dane now. I traveled with him and found out he's not as good a teacher as I thought he'd be. Besides, I know his weakness if that's anything." she said, smirking. Samsara was just going to leave out the part where she helped Dane before she witnessed him murder Juliet. "He's weak to light, of course, I heard him scream when I used a simple Cure spell on him. That should tell you something." Samsara nodded. "Maybe finding this 'hero' and asking him to help us fight Dane would be a good idea?" she suggested.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  11. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Caleb looked at Xander who seemed to be trying to help him. "Don't waste your breath. I don't care how much anger flows through me, how much rage I feel or how deep into despair I go. All that matters is that he dies, and that he suffers before that happens. He'll pay, I'll make sure of it. It's the right thing to do, people like him need to be stopped, if they aren't then nobody will be safe, especially not Audrey" he said, responding to both Xander and Sherridan at the same time.

His eyes narrowed and he found himself glaring at Samsara as she spoke, her words striking a nerve. He did as much as he could to not be angry, to remind himself that she was willing to help, but somehow that didn't calm him down in the slightest. "You...you think you're forgiven? You think you can not only stand by and not help Juliet, but that you can justify helping him kill her by revealing his weakness? Everything about him screams darkness, of course light's his weakness you ****ing idiot, anyone can see that! You could tell me every little bit about him, every weakness he has, every mistake he's made, hell you could even kill him yourself, but that's not going to bring Juliet back and that's not going to change the fact that you had a part in her death, now you'd better either go and look for this hero right now, or you'd better find a way to follow Dane and see if you can't leave the room before my blade finds its way through your neck" Caleb growled. The fury on his face was evident, if it wasn't made obvious by his words and tone of voice. Samsara was walking a dangerous path.

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile, in a new world where the shitstorm hadn't reached yet, Hunter had managed to find his way to a secret lab hidden very secretively...with tracks for vehicles to drive across. Wow, whoever made this place must have been both a genius and a dumbass. It was really well made and technologically seemed really advanced but if you're going to make a secret laboratory on a secret island you probably shouldn't make tracks leading to the lab itself.

Walking over to a wall, Hunter looked at it and he thought about climbing it. But how? There were no handholds or anything. Wait a minute, his power was the power of RNG! Putting a hand on the wall, then another one, he began climbing up the wall. He had the power of being Spiderman! .....or Electrical Wall Crawling, but being Spiderman sounded way cooler. Once Hunter had climbed to the top of the wall, he ninja kicked the **** out of a window, breaking it apart and jumping inside.

He saw a small console in front of a wall that seemed to have these telekinetic balls floating in the air. They were arranged in a pattern, where there would be 4 of them surrounding a small space, and then the next 4 would be in the same shape but a few feet to the side. Hunter knew exactly what this was. This was one of those timed puzzles that drive you nuts in videogames, the ones where you had to touch a switch then run and hit the objects to unlock a secret door.

Touching the console, Hunter dashed forward, increasing his speed stat by 1. The wind went through his hair as he raced towards the objects, and right as he heard the sound quicken pace he reached them. Slapping each of them, he breathed a sigh of relief, only to quickly inhale as he realized what had happened. It wasn't a timed puzzle at all, no secret door that lead to treasure opened. In fact, it had just been a regular switch. "Well ****" was all Hunter said as these magical zappy beam things that trapped Mr Incredible attached themselves to Hunter's arms and legs, suspending him in mid-air and rendering him captured.

[​IMG]
    His job done for the moment, Dane sat down on the ground nearby Alisia. "What do you think I did? I used some of my darkness and put it into you. You should be able to use some actual dark magic instead of just dooming everyone, and I'd imagine your endurance has increased significantly. Might wanna avoid anything light though, it tends to hurt. Basically, I just gave you one hell of a power spike, you're welcome" Dane explained simply.

12. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

There was some ruckus nearby that caught Kross's attention. Blue eyes looked up from his knees to see Samsara talking to a male who threatened to kill her on the spot. He frowned, more malice was going on and as much as he enjoyed a good romp every now and then, this was neither the time nor the place to do any major fighting or killing, they could save it for the Heartless and nobodies. No one needed teamwork to be compromised."Oi."He grunted annoyedly at Caleb and Samsara, his expression furrowed with mild irritation, he was not having a fight while he was here in the safe zone.​

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Caleb's words rang in Samsara's ears. "I had no part in her dying! I wasn't even there for most of the battle between her and Dane. Even if I was, I couldn't do anything, I'd have been killed if I did. It was all I could do to try and keep the girl from getting hurt herself!" Samsara retorted, gritting her teeth. "Like you said, she won't come back. There's no way to get somebody to come back..." she frowned. "All we can do is find this hero and ask him to help us get rid of the goddess and then get rid of Dane." Crossing her arms, Samsara tried to decide on who she would go with this time. None of those worlds sounded very interesting to her, so she was probably just going to follow whoever. Following Dane was out of the question considering he'd probably kill her if he saw her again. "And I'm not asking for your forgiveness, I just wanted you to know she fought bravely. Juliet was...she was very strong, I can tell. I'm sure she was a great wife and mother too. But as it stands, you need to be there for your daughter. Don't just stand around and let her do whatever, she needs guidance I'm sure. You don't want her getting taken over by darkness like Dane, right? That'd be horrible..." Samsara practically whispered the last two sentences.

Looking at Caleb, Samsara tapped her chin. "Are you injured? I can heal you." she offered. "It won't heal too much, I don't really understand it that well, but it'll help I think." she said. A pain shot through her head, causing Samsara to wince and place a hand on her head. Gritting her teeth, she heard some kind of a voice in her head. It was faint and hard to make out, but she could certainly hear it. In fact, it sounded like two voices that were fighting each other, trying to call out to Samsara to hear them. Shaking her head, she tried to clear the voices away and ignore them. It worked, because next she knew, the voices were both silent and could not be heard any more. "What was that? Why did I hear voices? Couldn't understand them, but still..." she thought to herself, frowning. This was weird, but she decided to just ignore it. Maybe she heard people someplace else arguing? In any case, she needed to decide on where she wanted to go. "I think I'll follow you, blue haired guy." she said to Caleb.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The pain throughout Alisia's body from the darkness was gone, aches of her wounds remained though. "I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't even want the power..." She said quietly knowing that she didn't have a say in the matter and that she should keep her mouth shut around Dane. But she was terrified of the darkness that he had just given her. It was just like when she had found that she could cast doom. She was terrified of that. It wasn't until she learned to have full control of it that she could relax at all. Now she had new powers that made her more deadly than before. She didn't know what to do about it.

Sitting on the ground next to Dane, seeing that there was no one else around that she could hurt, she decided to see if she could figure out anything she could do with this power. She didn't understand how it worked so she just hoped that it would come as naturally as the doom spell did. She could never say how she did it, it was just something she knew how to do. Alisia looked at her hand and then flicked it out in front of her. As she did this a dark but still clear wall appeared n front of her. It lasted a few seconds then it disappeared. She repeated casting this a few times before lowering her hand and looking at it again. That specific spell didn't seem like it would just people, and this power... it almost felt good. Just the thought of that scared her. She didn't want to be like Dane but she was scared that was the way things were going. The worst part was that this darkness in side of her, besides when he first put it in didn't feel weird, but rather quite natural. As if, having darkness coursing through her, using it, was simply second nature.

"You are leading yourself down a dark path Caleb, and there is nothing I can do to stop you. Just watch your own step." With that Xander turned from Caleb to walk towards his ship. It was time that they go and find the hero. This so called Hero would kill Sapphire and rescue Alisia, as it was becoming more and more painfully obvious that he couldn't do it himself. Dane was always one step ahead, no wonder he had avoided the wrath of the goddess for so long now.

The ride to the next world was quieter than he was used to. Almost lonely without the company of Alisia or anyone really. He sighed as he spotted the world and landed on its frosty surface. He got out of the ship and soon found himself transformed into a bear.
    "Wh-whats going on?" He said as he looked down at his paws. "Where am I?" He spoke again.
    "Are you new around here or something? You are in Canada eh? Whats your name. I am Carl."
    Xander jumped as a moose began to talk to him. Canada? Okay then? "Carl I am looking for someone... They are trapped in a cave. Can you help me?"
    "Of course I can. I love helping people. Follow me!"

[​IMG]
    Seeing as the drama let up and most people had seem to hear and understand the next part of the legend Gwen felt it safe to leave on her own quest. Choosing one at random Gwen found herself heading to the incredibles world through the world door. She arrived in a laboratory. Looking around many things were dusty and unused for a long time. Seemed to be a running thing these days, more and more worlds were abandoned.

As Gwen walked around she saw something and could hardly contain her laughter. Hunter was caught in some sort of trap. And given the dust and the Hunter sized hand prints, he had done that to himself. "Okay I don't know how the hell I ended up in the same word as you again and I am not going to claim to like it at all, but it does look like you could use my help." Gwen walked over to Hunter and stood there for a second. "Lets see what the perks with this world can do." She said as she used her superpower of shrinking things to shrink one of Hunters hands to allow him to slip it out of the trap. "Actually I may save that power for something else." Gwen said with a devious smile as she walked over to the control panel and flipped the switch to release him. "You owe me one."

15. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce grinned as Sapphire agreed to give him a portion of her power. As the godhood flowed into him, he could feel himself becoming more overpowered by the second. This was more than a level up or anything like that. This was a bona fide shonen upgrade. With something like that on his side, there was no way he could lose. He may be going up against superman aizen kefka, but with a buff like this, he couldn't lose. Light began to envelope his body.

"Henshin!"
    He called out as the light completely enclosed his body. When it faded, he donned a new appearance. He felt more overpowered just by existing in this state. If this was just a portion of Sapphire's power, then what must the real thing be like? Nevertheless, he flipped his cape in an epic fashion and walked off to find Crybex. He uh...followed his instinct! Yeah that was how he found him. Trail of ashes and destruction had nothing to do with it. It's all skill. #ezrealasitgets

But yeah. Crybex. found him. Ass kicking commence.
    The screen blurred into this weird spinning thing as he entered combat.

[​IMG]
    "I see...I suppose we were bound to be discovered eventually..." Zavion said as Freya explained that Jackie and Blanc knew about their parentage, yet had promised not to say anything about it. He listened as the next set of worlds was announced. "I'll go to Treasure Planet." He opened a dark corridor and walked through without another word. He didn't know what to make of the whole situation. He would simply go about searching for the hero in this next world.

[​IMG]
    Bartholomew went to the least populated world because diversity op.
    [​IMG]
    Ghost put his hand on Caleb's shoulder as he bitterly swore vengeance against Dane. Caleb had lost a loved one, and he knew what that was like. Although, the difference being that R had killed his family for the right reason. Dane had killed Caleb's in the pursuit of evil. "Caleb...Your pursuit of vengeance against Dane is dangerous. Do not let your rage blind you." Ghost said to his friend. It was sad to see someone who once had a strong sense of justice so taken by the same anger he had once been consumed by. "If you truly wish to take revenge against him, then i will help you. Just do not be overly hasty in it. If you let anger control your actions, you will end up going unprepared and die, likely not even taking him down with you. I will not tell you not to do it, simply to be cautious about doing it." For one reason or another, Dane had to be killed. He had dedicated his life to destroying the corrupt. He was the darker side of what Caleb stood for. He realized that to kill in the name of justice made you the very thing you fought against. He had accepted his fate, and chosen to live walking this dark path. He looked to the sky, wondering how Phantom was. To be honest...He hoped Phantom never had to walk the same path he did. He complained about the lackluster missions he was sent on, such as breaking up bar fights, but it was for his own safety. He knew he couldn't protect him forever, though.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  16. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Ohm was not the type of guy to think things through. He didn't seem like the type of guy who could lead an army with inspiration speeches. He could communicate, he just had his own way of doing so. So when he saw Zavion open a dark portal to another world, he got up and rushed towards the portal."Haaaa!" He shouted, diving through and rolled, ending up on Treasure Planet, Cautiously, he took in his surroundings and rose to his feet.​

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Well damn, Hunter was saved by Gwen. God, he'd never hear the end of it now. Especially with her acknowledging that by saying he owed her one. "You're right, Ginger, I do owe you one. In fact, I am going to repay you here and now. You're like, serious a lot of the time, you never lighten up and just have fun and enjoy life. So, in honour of saving me, we're going to party!" Hunter exclaimed as confetti fell from the sky above them despite there actually being no sky due to them being in a lab. He began dancing like it was 1999 as the hokey pokey began playing; the most epic of dance music ever.

[​IMG]
    Caleb didn't respond for a moment, even as Xander left. He simply stood there, unsure of what he should be saying. He was seething with anger still, but he listened to the words of those around him. "I appreciate your concern, but what I do and how I do it is my business and mine alone. None of you have to come with me. If I have to give into darkness to make sure others are safe, so be it..i'll do just that" he said. "I can do this alone, I don't need the help of others and I refuse to put others in danger. And I can tell you this much; no matter how injured I may be, no matter how close to death's door I am, I will not be helped by the likes of those who had a hand in Juliet's death" the guardian stated in a grim tone, directing the last part towards Samsara. With that said, he grabbed Audrey and turned around and opened a dark corridor; something that was altogether out of character, before stepping through to Lilo and Stitch's world and sealing the corridor shut behind him, preventing any clingy people from following him.

[​IMG]
    Dane crouched down in front of Alisia. "You don't have much of a choice, Slave. We're going to make you powerful enough to defend yourself. Not saying you have to go and murder people, though that would be awesome, but at least you need to be able to keep yourself alive should I not be around to do it for you. Now, I'm going to train you. Somehow I'll make a killer out of you" he stated, before standing up and tossing the dagger he had to Alisia, causing it to land at her feet. He then pulled another dagger out and set his scythe on the ground. Shaking his head, he sighed. "We've got a long way to go..." he said. He could swear that as he said that he heard music playing in the background, music that sounded as though it fit an awesome training montage. Huh...that was odd.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Zavion seemed so calm about things. Like he didn't care that they were discovered. Jackie promised not to tell but if others did find out then what? She was freaked out that something else would slip and then everyone would turn on them. Sure her and her brother were part gods but they weren't invincible. Freya decided to stick close to her brother for this world, worried that going off on her own would lead to disaster. Besides after the injuries that Zavion received after the last world, she figured that it was not a wise idea to leave him on his own.

"Zavion wait up." Freya called out as she chased after her brother through the dark corridor. This left her wondering what Lexcifur was going to do, especially if Xero showed up again however she didn't have time to worry about that. If Lexcifur didn't follow them then it was his choice and she had to trust that he would be okay on his own. Freya stepped out onto a flying boat. Well this one was a new one for her. "Um, how are we supposed to find the hero when we are on a boat flying through space. No caves in sight?" She asked curious.

[​IMG]
    After Hunter was freed he decided to throw a party, and involuntarily she started to dance and party with him. Damn his RNG'd super powers. She didn't want to party but she was. When that was done and over with she just glared at him. "That doesn't count as the one you owe me." Gwen informed him quickly in a ice cold tone. "Perhaps you can take me to dinner one night and call it even?" Gwen said before she realized what she was saying. What the hell? Why did she want that? Apparently with her power came the side effect of how much self control she had shrunk. Well that was crappy.

"Anyways. Same thing as always. Quick search for the hero ending with a creature from the goddess sent then back to the library for another part of the riddle? Lets just hurry up and get this over with why don't we?" Gwen said as she cracked her knuckles and started off to find her way out of the lab. The hero was said to be in a cave, and a lab most certainly wasn't.

"I can't believe I am doing this." Xander thought as he followed the overly happy, overly polite moose around. The damn creature would not stop talking and trying to make conversation. Xander was not in the mood for conversation, not after everything that had happened. He just needed to find the damn hero and save Alisia and kill Dane. He was going to kill Dane before Caleb got his hands on him and took it too far, he promised himself that.

"Why so grumpy." Carls voice finally broke through Xanders wall of thoughts.
    "A friend of mine is hurting, being held by a very dangerous man. The person I said I was looking for, I need him to help me save her without putting her in danger. The man always keeps her near, near enough that if I make a move she will die before I can stop it." Xander finally explained hoping that hearing that the moose would shut up.
    "Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I wish that there was something I could do to help." The moose replied
    "You are helping enough by showing me these caves." Xander glanced in another cave before they moved on in their search. This was hopeless, he could tell already.

[​IMG]
    Alisia looked away just at the word slave. Every time he said it, it reminded her of how little choice that she had in matters any more. She lost her free will. If she tried to do anything that Dane did not order her to do, or didn't do something that he did order her to do then she would be beat up more. She lived in a state of constant fear. Dane tossing the dagger just centimeters from her feet didn't help her comfort. She knew he was giving it to her to train but he could also easily hurt her with it. She had heard once about people who gave themselves or others scars when they couldn't tattoo something. How easy would it be for him to create a scar on her to mark her as his property.

It was a long moment before Alisia wrapped her hand around the handle and plucked the dagger from the ground. She looked at Dane, fear behind her eyes before she stood up to face him. Her hand shook as she held the dagger in her hand. She didn't know the first thing about using weapons of this sort. She took her time to get into position that he ordered her in, he did not look to impressed by that, but Alisia just kept her head down trying to calm her nerves as the training was bout to start.

The training went long into the afternoon and early evening, not only training with the weapon but the new found magic. Dane would take breaks, sit down, eat, stuff like that. However Alisia was not allowed these, not when she was so reluctant and shaky still. Dane had yet to beat her though, well not in punishment. When she failed a sparing excersize against him he was not afraid to continue with his blow and hit her with the hilt of his dagger or something, punch her, just as long as it didn't kill her. As it grew dark Alisia was throwing magic and attacking a tree with her dagger repetitively. Her ribs and back ached more than she could describe. And that was over top of the ache through her entire body. She had no time to recover from the beating she took before going into the training. So not only did her injuries remain but she was pretty sure when Dane had kicked her he cracked some ribs and it grew worse through training. Sweat beaded her forehead and a cracked lip left a smear of blood on her face. "Are we done yet?" Alisia asked trying to hold back the tears that she was ready to cry.

19. Skyheart Joker

• Treasure. That was literally the only word that Jackie had bothered to remember when Gingersnap was reading the legend. Treasure. And where there was a planet of treasure, there was bound to be adventure, and where there was adventure there was bound to be...uh...some other third thing! And so, treasure chests in her eyes, Jackie turned to Blanc, and he had seemingly known just what she had been thinking. A wonderful partner in crime, that he was. With a flick of his wrist, there was suddenly a tear in space for the duo to travel through. Once they had both hopped through it, Jackie had seen just who was there. "Freya! Freya's brother! Anadi's domestically abused brother!" She then took a look of her surroundings and realized something. This. Was. Not. Anything...BUT AWESOME! A flying boat. In space. A space boat if you would. Or..."Alright crew! Our goal is to find this Planet filled with Treasure! For where there is treasure, there are probably dungeons! And where there are dungeons, there are caves! And where there are caves, there is allegedly heroes! Now then, Crew of the JA Adventure Hero Hunting Friend Ship! Let us set sail and onward!" With an enthusiastic "woo!" Jackie pumped her fist to the air, with a less than halfhearted mimicry by Blanc.
    • Charlotte went to...uh...hm...this is a tough one. Uhhhh..........the least populated world! Such quality.
    • With all of the world's having been revealed, Lucien just sort of sat there. He was pretty alright with Gwen stealing his usual gig, since that just sort of saved him a good two hours of bull shitting reasoning for going to these places. However, he had to give Gwen some credit for the great originality in the world names. Really, that raw creative talent was truly and utterly astonishing. Sitting back he watched as people had allocated themselves to differing worlds, not really having much of a preference to go to any one of them himself. All that was going to happen was either absolutely nothing or more drama. Neither of which he was particularly in the mood for. In fact, just staying in this library away from...people seemed like a good idea. After everyone had allocated themselves to their respective worlds, Lucien continued to sit there as he simply called out, "they're gone now, so you don't have to be so "sneaky.""

Out from the shadows popped a familiar scarfed katana wielding man, who had a slightly, yet clearly fake, look of shock on his face as he said,
      "my my, it appears I've been found out. So, Mr. Bookkeeper, is there any such reason you feel the need to humor my attempts at stealth."

Lucien waved Rinox's comment off saying,"because there's no real point to revealing you. All it'd do is make more 'ah I'm going to kill you and everything you love and blah blah blah' type things and, we've got enough of that for now. So just be on your merry way and go bother someone else."

"Very well then. Thank you for your consideration." With a short bow, Rinox had opened a dark corridor and stepped through it to parts unknown.

As Lucien walked the guy off, he simply went back to reading a book saying, "weird little fucker."
    • After Rinox had stepped out of his dark corridor, he was immediately greeted with a strange sight. There was Xander...and he was following a moose. And it appeared that he was talking with one as well. Well, that was certainly interesting. Perhaps the loss of his little protectee had caused him some sort of physiological problem and speaking to the moose was a coping mechanism. Or the moose could actually talk. In all his years of traveling, Rinox could safely say that both assumption were equally likely. Walking over to the man, he said, "well crimson swordsman, has the creatures of the woods provided you with any sort of lead as to where to find the hero you're searching for?"

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Sherridan was surprised that they completely ignored his words but focused on what Samsara had said. No matter. The result would have been the same regardless of what they had done, there was no doubt about that. The two men seemed dead set on the paths, so there was nothing for it. Sherridan would travel to one of these places, in search of both Dane and this Hero. It seemed that finding Dane was related to finding the Hero, so the path of bringing justice and rescuing that poor girl led back to the Hero. It seemed fate had compelled him by his strange situation to become entangled in his quest and from where he was now, he wasn't entirely sure how to get home either. So, he looked at the options available. One of them seemed far more akin to something along his own lines, something like home. Nature attracted him. It was where he made himself and if there were hunters for this Hero then they may benefit from an expert woodsman by their side. Therefore and thusly, Sherridan chose to enter the world of Brother Bear, glad to go to somewhere where he could be with nature while seemingly helping, although their previous search in the forest had proved fruitless. Perhaps there was something different here, who could say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.