Light Vs. Darkness: The Hero's Return

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Zavion stepped out of the dark corridor, returning to Disney Castle. It wasn't long before Freya began whispering in his ear. The girl claimed that she missed home. He knew she did. How could he not? He could see her heart. He knew the ache he felt in it well. She missed home...He would say the same, but he didn't have a home. Not anymore. He'd made his choice to resign his home when he'd saved his friend. "I...alright...We'll save mom. You'll get to go home Freya, i promise." He knew that his mother was making the only real choice she had when she'd done what she did to Lucifer, just as he was making the only choice he had when he saved him. The result was the same. He ran away, going into a life of exile.

He was a vagabond, a wanderer with no real destination in sight. He didn't have a home. He did at one time, but he couldn't return to it anymore. He couldn't face his mother anymore. Not after what he'd done. The rift was too large to cross now. He had to simply continue along his path, no matter where it may take him. Although, as much of an outcast as he was, Freya still had a chance to have a life worth having. Her parentage had never bothered her. She thought it was incredible. It filled her with pride, whereas it brought him nothing but shame. He wanted to give her the life she wanted. At least maybe then he'd have done some good...

tldr; oh god i'm such an outcast depression cut sob cut

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Freya frowned at Zavions hesitation about saving their mom. He agreed but it was almost reluctant at first. He then proceeded to promise that he would get her home. "Not without you, or Lucifer. You guys can come home I promise you mom won't try to harm either of you. Just come home with me, please." Freya begged. She refused to return home without them. She tasked herself with the job of keeping the two of them safe and out of trouble and she wouldn't leave that half done. But more important matters where at hand right now, like the people who wanted to kill her mother.

Freya paced away from her brother for a moment, it was quiet here, not as quiet as The World That Never Was, but still quieter than most places she had gone to. There where few cries for help here, little sorrow she was forced to hear. Riel was never completely silent but for a place with as many citizens as it had it was one of the most quiet places she knew. and in the cave at the center where she could meet with her father, no sounds could be heard, it was complete bliss, one she could spend with her family. Freya glanced back at her moping brother knowing how he thought different of their family then she did. He took on all the burdens and embarrassment of it, while she wouldn't allow for any of that to get through and bother her. She remained focused on simply being happy and proud of what her parents had accomplished. She pitied him for this. He wasn't that much older than her but being the first child and having the abilities that he had it was hard on him. Meanwhile Freya took the weight of the sorrowful and helpless on, no one knew that and she had always kept it to herself. Her parents, her brother and Lucifer where the only ones who knew about it meaning no one bothered her about it. She had learned to keep it hidden from her brother because he made the mistake of not and was an outcast for it. She had it better off because she learned from his mistakes. It was bad but it was the way things where and there was no changing it.

[​IMG]
    Xander just looked down at the girl that was beating on him. He sighed and looked at Alisia waiting for her to help him. Alisia took the signal and grabbed Audrey once again pulling her back away from Xander before he began to speak. "Look, kid." He started as he blurred, moving away from them and then back just as quick. "I am not slow by any means. I am extraordinarily fast. So if your dad runs into trouble I will be there in a blink of an eye to help him, but right now, adding another person into the mess of people fighting already will make it more chaotic and dangerous. I will stay here and watch over you two and keep an eye on your dad and make sure nothing goes wrong, okay?" Xander spoke in a monotone manner.

Meanwhile Alisia held Audrey back so she wouldn't go running trying to punch Xander again listening to his explanation. When he was done speaking she pulled the door closed separating themfrom the fight inside so they couldn't see it anymore, but Alisia wouldn't travel too far away from it. She didn't want to leave and not have any clue what was happening. Alisia sat down and gestured Audrey to sit next to her while she took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. "Why don't I... Tell you a story?" She suggested to Audrey to fill the silence that began to settle in the room.

3. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Now Ohm was even more worried, the fact that she denied his existence alone was breaking enough but the darkness in her hand, that was clearly meant to destroy him was even more chilling. He put his shirt back on and reached for his sword, drawing it and took a low stance, his eyes flashing yellow with the lightning rune, ready to slice through the ball when it got near him..except it didn't. Skittles managed to intercept the attack for him while attacking his sister in tandem. He stood straight and drew his sword, keeping an eye on Anadi for the time being while the man interrogated her. He was right, why attack him? Why call him a fake?​

4. Mysty Unknown

A bunch of things happened, some more things happened, then some separation, some fights, and some awesome stuff that was important but apparently easily explained. Crybex stood inside the Magic Library within Disney Castle. He quite liked this place. It used to be full of light. So much light, darkness couldn't really get in too easily. He learned a few things in this Library now that it had been many millennium since he was alive. He learned about the Heartless, the Nobodies, and the events that transpired with this evil dude named Xehanort, a war between light and darkness a few centuries in the past, and now they were there currently.

He looked upon the group, his intent on killing them was a desire he was putting off until he could find this hero and see what kind of man of light or dark he was. If he wasn't pure, he was inadequate. This Goddess everyone spoke of didn't seem to bad either. Sure she made some people not so happy, but did they die? No? Then really it cant be all that bad.

There was only one thing on his mind, this man named Hunter. He apparently unlocked an ability to be immune to the laws of life and death. He needed this power. He couldn't remember much about his past and who his Somebody, the term they called it, however, it could be a very good power to use in the long run. He walked over to Hunter, ignoring any of the idiocy that may have been going on.

"Listen, Hunter was it? I'd like to ask you a question on how you received such an ability to define that which governs mortality. It is a rare trait that could be most adequate for the future. Perhaps I can share my own secrets on the powers of Light with you in exchange."

The man in armor had returned from his confrontations. The Goddess needed to know about the failure that occurred within the pride lands. He did manage to capture one of them, but she seemed to be just giving a blank stare and responding to anything, almost like she became a vegetable. According to one of the cultist, it was a condition called afk. Whatever the condition was, it worked in his favor.

Eigo reached the Goddess. "Your excellency, my mission within the Pride Lands was for naught. Some people who worship the wall of fourth appeared and escaped. What are your orders or punishment for my mistake?"

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    As Xero charged at Dane, the man responded by running at her in return. The scythes clashed, but Dane was far more experienced in battle. He ignored Beuce's comments, instead choosing to focus on the attacks that were coming at him. "My my, pretty and vicious. Where have you been all my six hundred years? Though, this doesn't exactly look like a kitchen" Dane said, before kicking Xero back away from him. "Now, turn around, go find where the food is, and bring me back a sandwich like a good little future slave" he added. Turning his attention back to Gexln, he blocked the attack that came from the Nobody. "You're alright with her becoming my slave, right buddy?" he asked. Not surprisingly, he got no response from the Nobody other than another attack. Swinging his scythe upwards, he parried the attack and disarmed Gexln, causing the blade to land a short distance away from the Wanderer of the Dark.

[​IMG]
    "Rumours? You want me to name one wrong thing? I trusted Juliet, I still do. If she says Sapphire's lost it, she's lost it. And if you want one wrong thing, how about letting that guy roam around doing whatever the hell he likes?!" Caleb shouted out. 300 years, and Beuce was still as frustrating as ever. At least he wasn't cracking too many jokes this time.

"HEY!" Dane exclaimed, offended. He held up a finger like he was about to protest, opened his mouth to retort, but nothing came. After a moment, he put down the finger. "Actually, he kind of has a point. Your goddess is useless. Why do we even need a hero to bring her down?" he asked.

Well, things weren't looking too good. Himself and Dane were good fighters, but Caleb had his doubts they could pull ahead and win the battle. It was very dangerous, and the longer it went on the more likely it was the numbers would defeat him. As for Xross, well he seemed to be holding his own quite well, but how long would that last? Turning to look at Dane, he called out. "We have to get out of here"

"You mean retreat? Not happening. Look at how easy I'm dealing with them!"
    "You're an idiot! They've got the numbers"
    "Who cares? We have me!"

Caleb sighed. Nothing he said he would get through to Dane, at least nothing that he would usually say. He had to try something different. "We've checked this world, there's no sign of the hero. They're somewhere else, and I intend to find them. They've probably got a heap of things protecting the hero from intruders, powerful things that a god themself would have trouble with, so the sooner we go the better" Caleb stated. The moment he had mentioned things protecting the hero, he saw Dane's eyes light up. He really does see murder as a game, Caleb thought to himself.

"Well why didn't you say so? What's taking you so long?" the shadow reaper asked as he opened a dark corridor.

Turning to look towards the door that Xander was standing in front of, Caleb called out to him. "Xander! Make sure Audrey's safe!" he shouted. He hated leaving Audrey behind, but Xander seemed to have the right morals, and he'd proven his worth in combat so hopefully things would be okay. Gritting his teeth, Caleb entered the dark corridor and hoped for the best.

[​IMG]
    Audrey sat down with a frown on her face. She didn't like this Xander guy. He seemed nice but he wasn't even trying to help Caleb, or at least he wasn't in her mind. "You're a buttface" she said, poking her tongue out at him and hitting his leg once more. "Just because you're scared doesn't mean you have to leave people to fight alone. That's something my dad taught me, the dad that you're letting fight all by himself" the girl insulted. She turned around and sat nearby Alessia. Children's mentality took hold of her, and the idea of a story was one that thrilled her enough to distract her. "I love stories! Tell me a good one!" she exclaimed.

[​IMG]
    "It's called respawning. I ain't gonna stay dead, got like a sixty second timer before I come back. What, you new around here? Keep your stupid light crap, that stuff's for pussies. And I ain't no pussy. Light is healing and all that jazz, do I look like a support to you? Supports don't get kills, why the hell would I wanna be that? You're real stupid, you know that?" Hunter asked. He wasn't willing to do anything other than that, because that would require effort, and since when did he put a lot of effort into things?

[​IMG]
    Gexln lowered his blade as Dane and Caleb left. There was only one opponent left, but surely he wouldn't try to fight them all? Stratos and Beuce seemed to have him handled anyway. "Xero...you shouldn't have come here. It's dangerous, but I was fine. I don't need saving, and I don't need my wife to fight my battles for me" Gexln stated. He turned and opened a dark corridor leading to Crystallis. "That man was the man that killed my homeworld, and turned me into what I am today. He took the lives of everyone I knew and cared about, don't let yourself become another on that list" he said grimly, stepping through the corridor and emerging in Crystallis. "HEY, ANANTA, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, YOUR DAMNED CRYSTALS ARE BROKEN!" he shouted, simply yelling out as loud as he could in the hopes Ananta would hear him.

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

• The darkness that Anadi used to attack Ohm had been destroyed by a mere book. "Tch..." she said, turning her head towards where the book came from. Her keyblade lifted upwards and sliced the next book in half, leaving a streak of black momentarily behind. Looking up at Skittles, Anadi rolled her eyes. She wasn't going to listen to him. Who does he think he is anyway? He's just some rainbow shitting asshole that she really couldn't give a damn about. Turning back towards Ohm, she sighed. "Look, I don't wanna sit around here with skittles screwin with us. I'll fight you later, you stupid fake. Goodbye!" she yelled, running towards the door. As the door shut behind her, she motioned her hand at the end of the hallway to form a dark corridor. "Lucky~!" she said, smirking. She passed through the dark corridor, forcing it to close behind her.

On the other side, she looked around to see she was outside. Sighing, she fell to her knees and closed her eyes. Tears escaped her eyes and fell to the ground. Crunching the grass in her hands, she tore some out in frustration and threw it to the ground. She stood up and looked over to see another dark corridor had opened not too far from her. Anadi dusted her hands of any dirt and grass, wiped her eyes, and watched two men emerge from the dark corridor. One of the men had brown hair and a strange stench. The other man smelled normal and had blue hair. Wait, smell? What is this strange smell that Anadi pick out from the other man? Heck, Anadi could even smell something on herself as well. It was similar to the brown haired man's, but not as strong or foul. Shaking her head, she watched the blue hair man wander off and leave the brown haired man. Getting closer to the brown haired man, Anadi finally saw what he looked like. He was fairly good looking, but his bloodshot eye and purpley dark one were odd.

"You just came out of that dark portal thing and you reek of something. Not in the way of gross garbage, but you don't smell like any of the people I was just around or that man that ran off either. Who or what are you?" she asked, frowning. Blinking, she realized how stupid that sounded and shook her head. "Um, forget I said that...at least the stinking part. Because I smell funky too, ya know. A-Anyway." she huffed. "I need help of somebody that uses darkness. And you're obviously something that has to do with darkness, so I'm asking you to help me. If it's anything, I have this." she said, summoning her keyblade in front of her. "It can unlock all sorts of things and is even a formidable weapon if used correctly. Luckily, I can use it pretty dang well, so no worries there." she smirked. "What do you say? Oh, my name's Anadi." she nodded.
    • "You don't have to yell, Gexln." a voice said. Standing up, Ananta looked at Gexln with a blank expression. She was back in her Sage clothing, her hair kept tied in a bun with one long braid reaching down her back. A circlet was around her forehead that had a strange symbol inscribed upon it. Behind her were identical twins with white hair. Their only difference was that the boy had emerald eyes like Ananta, while the girl had dark blue eyes like Kross. Ananta turned her face to them and muttered something under her breath. The two children nodded and stood behind her.

"Don't you have better things to do than stand around and bark at me like I'm some dog? Do you not have a wife and child to protect? The way Xero looked, she was so sad and pitiful. Yet she ran off after you without even blinking an eye...what happened Gexln? I don't want you to do anything dangerous that'll get you killed, so please, what do you need? I'll help you as best as I can." she smiled at him. Her eyes wandered to the crystals in his hand. She swallowed hard and nodded towards them. "Return those and I'll give you a few orphaned crystals that hold a spell in each of them. How does that sound? I do want those you stole to be returned to their families." she offered.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Dane's attention was caught by the green haired girl that was questioning him, then making him an offer. She was offering him that weapon? The ability to unlock all sorts of things, and it was a good weapon apparently...well, he could just break his way through most things, and he already had a formiddable weapon. Why couldn't she have offered something better, like a slave, some good food (he was starving okay), or somebody that he could manipulate to give into da- ah, and there it was. A reason to 'help' the girl. "What do I say? I say you've got yourself the best damn teacher out there, that's what I say" Dane said, agreeing to help.

[​IMG]
    "What happened between me and her is none of your business. I'm not going to get into it with you. I haven't told her yet, and I sure as hell am not going to tell you either" Gexln said simply. He looked at the crystals that had failed him in his hand, and gave them to Ananta. "I'm not going to go get myself killed, why is everyone trying to protect me? I don't need protecting. Just give me crystals that actually work, ones that can heal, and I'll be fine" the wanderer of the dark said. He'd never been particularly fond of Ananta, even after she'd helped fight alongside Chaos and Omega, and it showed. The knowledge he had to rely on her to help him made him feel ashamed, but he'd get over that eventually.

8. Mysty Unknown

Respawning? 60 seconds until the next life? It was quite the confusing tactic to say the least. He ignored his take on the not wanting to learn light, but what he did not ignore was the wrongly implied abilities of the light. "So you respawn. You do know light is much more powerful than you imagine... Let me give you a demonstration."

There was a spider in the corner of the library. He pointed over to that library and pulled it in using magnetism. He let the magnetism balance out so the creature could just float helplessly in between the wall and his hand. "This creature of darkness has become immobile. It struggles to free itself. It knows danger is near but cant reach its target." He used another ability, making the light around the spider glow. He gave the spider free reign to move within the space he provided. "Now I have created an illusion for him, but not us. The reality it now knows is a real thing and it feels all that is made within it, like pain." He created a small unidentified object that forced the spider to scream. The object wasn't real, but in this virtual reality the spider lived in, it seemed real enough. It was like the scream of a black widow being set on fire, without the result of death.

He stopped the torture to reveal another ability. Light appeared around the spider again and now it seemed much different. The spider tried to walk around but clearly couldn't tell where it was going. "Now the creature can no longer see, its torture ended only to endure a new form of suffering." He let go of the magnetism and illusions. He used a ring of light now to grasp onto the spider, it being squeezed tightly, enough to make it not squish him, but very painful. "And now with the forced strangle..." He ended with an explosion of the spider.

"You find light to be good and pure. You believe it to be nothing but second class support. You know nothing of the light."

9. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero just frowned at Gexln, "Unbelievable." She said shaking her head and saw him open a corridor. Oh fuck no. He wasn't going to walk away from her again. Not after what he's been doing. Xero looked over to Beuce, "Thanks Beuce, I'll see you some other time." She called to him and quickly stepped through the corridor just before it closed. That was when she heard him call out to Ananta and growled.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Xero snapped at him, getting tired of being practically ignored, "I just helped you, and all you can say is that you don't need me? What kind of a thank you is that? Not to mention that you just murdered six people and decided to come back here right after!" Xero then walked in front of him, "What is going on? You never tell me anything anymore and I'm tired of you thinking that I can't do anything! I mean, I helped fight against the Agents for fuck's sake! And every time I talk to you, you always give me the same bullshit answer of 'I don't need you helping me'! Yeah, thanks Gexln; for making me feel like I'm never needed anymore!" Xero finished her rant with her glaring at him with almost teary eyes and trying not to keep yelling.

10. Skyheart Joker

As the man with the darkness closed the distance, Stratos realized there wasn't much he could do in this situation. And so, all he did was stick his wind covered arm up in order to block the dark dagger strike. While the barrier certainly protected him from the worst of the attack, that did not change the fact that the blade was still able to cut through it. After he finished his attack Stratos managed to use his wind magic in order to create a wind burst that launched him backwards. With distance created between them once again, Stratos noticed that his arm now had a fairly long cut across it from the attack, and it was bleeding. Well that wasn't good. Twirling his keyblade around once more, Stratos looked around and saw that...about half the people who had been partaking in this fight had just up and vanished. Well this was awkward. Letting out a sigh and face loosened up as he looked towards Xross and said, "well, it seems most of the people here have taken a leave. So why not just call it a draw for now and pick this up at some later date?" Stratos was perfectly ready for a refusal, though he would have much more preferred to end it here.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

• Well, that was pretty fast. Anadi shrugged that off and nodded at him. "Tell me your name, first." she requested, stepping back towards the abandoned castle. This was pretty neat, she was going to be taught how to use this darkness and it took little effort to get someone. In fact, it was very easy. A lot easier than she thought it'd be. That didn't seem odd, since she was sure the guy was probably doing it for fun anyway. "So, first things first, I'm hungry. And by the way your stomach grumbled a minute ago, you're hungry too, right?" she said. "This place is abandoned, but I'm sure there's probably something I could whip up. I mean, heck, I can just walk through a corridor, steal something, and get back..." she muttered to herself, snapping her fingers. A dark corridor appeared and she held a finger up. "One moment." she said, stepping through. Moments later, she had popped back out with a bag of lunch meat sandwiches and a six pack of cola. The dark corridor disappeared and she sat down, grabbing a cola and a sandwich from the bag.

"Okay, so, I gotta know. How the heck are you so deep in this darkness thing? What are we gonna be doing first?" she asked, munching her sandwich and talking between bites. Already in her mind, she was thinking about a way to change her looks so nobody will recognize her. Her voice doesn't matter, she just won't talk around people she knows. If they wanted her to talk or she had to talk, she'd probably just fake a voice to throw them off. As Dane continued speaking, Anadi was readying the magic she needed to change a few things about her. Once Dane had really finished his talking, she finished off her second sandwich and her first cola.

On her feet again, Anadi dusted herself off and held her crystal in her hand. Clasping the crystal with both her hands, she brought them to her lips and closed her eyes. She whispered an incantation into the crystal and watched as a darkness swept over herself. It dissipated and revealed different clothing on her body. Her hair was now white and untied, flowing down her back. The chain on her crystal was much longer now and so she placed her crystal in her shirt, securing it in place with the belt. Pulling a knife from her back belt, she gripped her long hair in her right hand. Pressing the knife against her hair, she cut her hair short. The hair in her hand ignited and disappeared shortly after. Turning towards Dane once again. "Forget the name I told you a few moments before." she asked him.
    • "Yes Gexln, I know you aren't trying to kill yourself. But you still aren't right in worrying your wife." she said, taking the crystals from Gexln and handing them to the children behind her. They hurried off and disappeared in the large building behind Ananta. Just as Ananta was ready to speak with Gexln again, Xero appeared out of nowhere and started yelling at her husband. Using this to her advantage, Ananta stretched her arms up. Long chains emerged from the Mother Crystal behind her and swooped down. They surrounded Gexln and soon were locked in place. His arms and hands were bound, making him unable to wield a weapon for the time being.

"Although I will help you, I must put you away in prison for the murder of six innocent Crystallians. These chains are negating your darkness, thus you are unable to do much damage, if at all." she stated solemnly. Walking towards him, she put a hand on his shoulder and whispered to him. "I'll do as you asked and make these people believe you were put to death. I'll try and get Xero to calm down and once I finish my deal, I'll give her the crystals and remove the chains. Then, you two can go off and do whatever." Ananta finished, stepping away. Ten guards appeared and each took a length of chain that was attached to Gexln. They lead him down underground and to a prison cell.

"Xero, you need to calm down dear. You can go talk to him in a moment when I know you're calm. Please, tell me you're calm? You can sit and take a drink of water. The water on my world is very healthy, it heals you almost instantly if you aren't a native." she offered, leading her towards the building. "I just want you as comfortable as possible while I make these for Gexln. But I cannot start on them until I know that you are absolutely calm." she said.

12. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

• [​IMG]
      Ohm was worried now, his sister just used the very power that his father had fought against for over 300 years and it worried him even more that she would use it against her own brother. What was wrong with her? His father's wisdom would be enough for him to figure this out, but unfortunately the big lug wasn't around when he needed him. He saw her disappear behind doors and he gave a nod to the skittles text guy and ran forward, right forearm slamming through the door, to find nothing. He felt his knees become weak and, this was bad, very bad. Did he lose his sister forever? The one he loved the most? What was going on. He grit his teeth, blaming this damn rebellion would be illogical but what else could he do? She used an evil and forbidden power, something that could very well corrupt her, and he couldn't save her this time. He clenched his fists and threw his head back, letting out a cry from his very heart, enraged and really sad.
    • In his house, he knelt down infront of a small pond, his eyes conveying great sorrow, the reflection in the water showed the conflict between the two siblings...and that power. He closed his eyes and hung his head."Ananta..this test is too much for them..at this point, I will HAVE to interfere." He said calmly and opened his eyes. He stood to his feet. He was worried, not only for his children but now for his wife, what was she doing? He knew she had cast that spell on Ohm, and she could very well have severed Anadi's connection to Crystallis, and now she was actually surrendering the secrets of the crystals to the enemy, to a man who would use them for selfish gain. He opened his eyes and they set to a glare."Everything I do, I do for my home..both of them, even if I have to take up the sword against my own family, I love them too much to let them fall apart like this."He said and took the necklace off of his neck. He looked at the water and held the crystal up."I myself, cast a spell on Anadi..just in case something like this would happen..to guide her in spirit if she ever went astray..after all, she's as my daughter as my wife's..Ohm, I'm proud of you, you've become so kind and sacrificial..the traits of a true hero are not defined by their physical appearance..but their heart.."He said his red eyes faded back to their honey brown color, his hair starting to darken from white and took on a shade of blue slowly.

13. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Chains had suddenly appeared and wrapped around Gexln's arms and legs. Xero looked at them wide eyed in surprise and looked back to see that Ananta had summoned them. "W-What're you--?!" The guards had took him away and Xero just stood there and listened to Ananta, "I'm fine..."

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Xross's attempt to cut through the barrier was making some progress. He might have gotten through if not for the burst of wind that sent the Stratos back, thus increasing the distance between the two of them. Despite that however, his blade did land a hit. Wasn't the deepest of cuts, but it was a start. Unfortunately that was likely as best of a injury as Xross was going to inflict given that the number of people fighting has lessen. Whelp, that sucked. The dagger in his hand vanish as he gave his response. "Might as well." He didn't say it but he was starting to get tired a bit. That was probably the one problem with consecutive portal spamming, he wears him out faster. It was fine if there was time in between then he be fine. Speaking of which, he still needed to make an exit of his own. So he opened a portal and walked through it, effectively leaving Beast Castle and returning to Disney Castle, specifically the outside of the castle.

15. Skyheart Joker

As he stood there looking at the man, Stratos was awaiting his response ever on guard for his refusal. When he made the dagger dissipate into darkness and made his escape through some dark portal type thing. With the fight ending Stratos let out a sigh of relief as the wind barrier around him seemed to calm down and recede back to the surrounding calm air. Casting a light cure spell on himself, his arm seemed to be more or less better and still fully functional. While the room had cleared out and he was able to ease up, he remembered that the guy in red who was also against them was still here. He looked towards him and called out, "yo! We're done here so you don't have to really worry about us anymore. After all our main objective was to save Glen- er I guess, Gexln from his own hot headedness and I guess," he turned to Beuce and said, "mission accomplished?" He shrugged, turning back to the man in red, when he said, "so yeah, carry on with your business as usual." Stratos then looked back at his ethereal armed friend and asked, "so what do we do now? I mean, I remember seeing basically all of these guys back at Disney Castle, and I doubt it will hardly fly if we go back to rendezvous with them if they already got back their first."

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Xander looked at Caleb and nodded. He would keep both of them safe as best he could. He waited for everyone to start to leaving before he took a step away from the door. Eventually he opened it and looked at the two inside tossing Alisia the keys to the gummie ship. "Take her and go. I will find my own way back. Keep the girl safe. I promised Caleb that I would but you need to get her out. There is only room for two in out ship. I will find another way back. Go." Xander ordered before shutting the door on them once again.

"Lets see.... Once upon a time there was a beautiful young girl who lived in a small meek town... She was shy but loved adventures an-" Alisia was interrupted as the door opened and Xander tossed her the keys. She listened to his instructions carefully. Alisia wasn't so sure about them but he was right there was not room for the three of them in the gummie ship and if anyone out of them could find a way back it was him. "Come on Audrey. You heard him. Lets go, your dad and Xander will meet us back at the place we met before." Alisia assured Audrey.

Once in the gummie ship Alisia prepared to take off. For a moment it crossed her mind, this was her chance to escape. She could run and Dane wouldn't know where she was. She would be safe for at least some time. He might find her but intil then she could live on the run, but on the run and free. However Alisia looked over at the little girl beside her. She couldn't take her away from her parents and put her in a life like that. On top of that Alisia had no doubt that Dane would kill Xander if she did run. She wasn't going to let Xander die. Alisia got the ship flying and steered it towards Disney Castle. She didn't say much due to her mind being filled with fear. She did her best not to show it however, she didn't want to scare Audrey.

When Xander was confident that the girls had made it off the planet safe he followed Xross through the portal he had created. He would meet the girls back at the castle. They would take a little longer to get back then he but that would be fine. He trusted Alisia to get them safe, whether that was back at the at the castle or somewhere away from Dane. He knew she would make the right choice. Xander entered the library and gave Caleb a slight nod to tell him that she was safe.

17. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Ghost had the most peculiar thing imaginable happen to him. His sword flew out of its sheath and began dancing. Now normally one would find it strange that a sword was dancing, but Sapphire this thing was a good dancer. It was a tool for murder, and it was ripping up the dance floor.

[​IMG]
    Beuce scratched the back of his head. Yeah, mission accomplished. Well, this time at least. "Knowing that guy, he probably walked right off and got himself into more trouble, but we can't babysit him the whole time obviously. Hmm...Well, we could defect and work for Sapphire. I mean, she's not really evil. Not even really doing that bad of a job even. I mean sure there's still evil in the worlds, but hell, hasn't there always been? There's been a ton of people that probably never got the chance to do any serious damage because of her. Light and dark aren't even really fighting. No one cares about your alignment so much anymore." Beuce said, describing option one to Stratos. "Or we could totally just head back to Disney Castle and wing it. I could probably talk our way back in. Then we can go and take down that goddess who is a total bitch for some undiscernible reason. I'm up for whatever. So, where we headed?"

Event choice
    >Let's go to Riel to help the goddess
    Let's go to Disney Castle to help the Rebellion
    Let's go gamble
    Confess to Beuce

Stratos' destiny was in his hands.

18. Skyheart Joker

>Confession
    Stratos looked at Beuce shyly, then quickly averted his gaze. There was something that he needed to get off his chest, and now that they were alone, now was the perfect time to tell him. But Beuce had always been a good friend to him, and if he told him, then things good change forever. He wasn't sure if he could tell him or not. No, he had to or else there would always be this terrible secret and tension between them. Looking back to him, he stammered, "Be-Beuce. I-I have something important to tell you." He was shaking from nerves, but after a deep breath had finally calmed himself down. "You see, for the longest time this has been on my mind, but I just couldn't find the words for it. But I'll just go for it. Beuce! I've always liked DMC Devil May Cry over the original Devil May Cry series...and I think Nero is a pretty shit character." There. He had finally said it.

Stratos thought about what Beuce had said for a moment. The two options seemed to be equally viable, after all. On the one hand, he had come back from his behemoth slaying activities to put an end to this whole goddess thing...but he wasn't entirely invested in it, as the only reason he was doing it was solely based on a rumor, and rumors about oppressive deities were always there. Even when the god was a giant floating heart shaped stone in the sky, there were crazy rumors about it doing a bad job at maintaining the universe and was even said to have nearly blown it all up. Some people were certainly creative when it came to what they blamed and the stories they made up.

>Let's go to Riel to help the goddess
    +5 Paragade

"I say we go to wherever the goddess is and help her out. After all, I'm not really feeling the whole, save the universe from corrupt goddess vibe from this goddess. I mean, for the most part everyone we were currently with didn't seem to care at all." He then thought about it for a bit longer and said, "not to mention that guy I was fighting and the dude with the Scythe hardly seem like paragons of justice to want to save a universe."

19. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "You're just as much of an annoying bitch as you were three hundred years ago" Gexln spat as the chains were put around him. He tried to break them, but she was telling the truth; he couldn't use his darkness to escape from them. After a minute of trying again, he gave up, and allowed himself to be lead to the cell.

Alone he sat in the cell, bound in chains and convinced he was unable to do anything about it. He didn't look up as Xero approached the bars that were on the outside of his cell, simply sitting there. He knew it was her though; if he hadn't been able to smell it, he still would've known just from knowing her so well for over three hundred years. "Xero, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've been like this lately, I'm sorry I've been avoiding you, I'm sorry that I've been telling you to go back home, and I'm sorry that it's not going to stop. I couldn't stop it if I tried, don't you see that? The darkness inside of me has been growing stronger, it has been since the day I lost my heart. I can't fight it anymore, it's gotten far too powerful. I'm not going to let you get hurt because of me, and I'm not going to let you get involved with this war because of me either. This isn't your fight, it's mine, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying" he stated.

At that moment, an idea formed in his head. "After all this time, you would think she would know I'm a keyblade wielder" he said, summoning the keyblade in his hand. He couldn't move his arms, he couldn't move his hands very much either, but he could still get out. After concentrating, a beam of light shot from the weapon, firing up at the roof above. The beam hit the roof and dispersed into small fragments of light, falling onto Gexln and unlocking the chains that bound him, indicated by them falling off him onto the ground with a loud noise. He then looked up at Xero, and that was a big mistake. He could see the tears welling up in her eyes, the sorrow she must be feeling. He sighed. "You've got two minutes, then I'm out of here" he said.

The next two minutes were incredibly painful. He did his best not to listen to the words of Xero, for he knew that if he did he would be overwhelmed with guilt and there was a chance he'd cave in. He couldn't have that, too much was at stake. Once the two minutes were passed, he turned and looked at her once more. The look in his eyes was similar to Xero's, but mixed in with the sadness was anger. "I'm sorry, Xero. I love you, but i'm not losing you too" he stated, before opening up a dark corridor and escaping.

He found Darkness' Sorrow simply enough, in an area with a lot of other weapons. The people guarding it were easy enough to dispatch; they weren't badly trained, he just had a lot of experience. He stopped as he picked up his weapon. "Sapphire, I know you can hear me. This is going to be the last time I talk to you. What I'm about to do could very well start a war, so the people can't know I have contact with you. If they ask, you haven't heard from me since I left Riel, got it? You took my son's heart, and I'm never going to forgive you for that, but I'm sorry for the way things have been. I'm pretty messed up right now in case you can't tell, and it pisses me off even more that I let myself hurt one of the few friends I've actually cared about whether they live or not. R was right to make you the goddess. You've made plenty of mistakes, but your heart's in the right place. I know you can watch me, so if you're ever looking for me and all you find is a corpse, take care of my family. They deserve better" Gexln stated, a tone of regret in his voice as he spoke.

He opened another dark corridor and went to where Ananta was. "Keyblade wielders don't do so well in prisons" was all he said as he emerged from it. He gripped Darkness' Sorrow tightly as he raised it slightly. "Ananta, you have to give me those crystals. A man by the name Dane Erapper destroyed my homeworld. He enjoys killing more than even Xindai did, I think, and if you don't give me what I asked for, then there will be no stopping him. You'll have a hell of a lot more than 6 Crystallian corpses. Hand me them, and I can stop him" the Wanderer of the dark said in a very serious voice.

"Dane's dedicated a lot of his life to fucking mine over. He killed my homeworld, he introduced my body to darkness, and he's been pushing me to become like him ever since. There isn't much left to take from me, all I can think of is Lexcifur, Juliet, and Xero. If you're any kind of friend to her, or if you ever were to me, then you will give me those crystals. As annoying as you are, I never intended on murdering you, but if you won't let me stop Dane, I won't have a choice. If I have to choose between your life or hers, then my choice is pretty clear to me" Gexln stated, deadly serious as he raised his sword. He didn't want to have to kill Ananta. He'd never liked her, but she had helped him out a long time ago, and was arguably a key person in helping defeat The Agents, but if she didn't co-operate he didn't have any other option.
    [​IMG]
    "My name is Dane. Dane Erapper, though to be honest I'm getting kinda sick of people asking who I am, so if you forget it then you can forget learnin' anything. I was born like this, kinda. I hate long stories, so I'll just sum it up for ya real quick. Think of the most horrible mother you can think of, now multiply that by about ten. You're getting pretty close to what she was like. Something happened, and I became just like you see right now" Dane stated simply. He glanced in the direction of Anadi. "Neat trick, but only an idiot would fall for that" he said, not having much interest remaining in the conversation.
    [​IMG]
    "Hey guys! We got a new party member!" Hunter yelled out. He turned to look at Crybex. "Just practicin' for when we find the hero, defeat the goddess, and everybody wants to be around me. They already do but hey, it'll be more public so more groupies, and all adventuring heroes need groupies" Hunter explained. He looked at the spider that had been tortured and killed. "Now, don't get me wrong, I love ya attitude. You've got the makings of a great psycopath, but you're doin' it all wrong. Lasers are cheatin'. It could look beyond awesome, but nothing beats a good cut with a sword, you're just bein' a pansy if you have to stand back and fight" the red haired man said.
    [​IMG]
    Audrey was enjoying the story, but it came to an end far too quickly. She wanted to know about the princess, why wouldn't people stop fighting just long enough to hear about the princess? A look of worry came on her face as Alissia told her they'd meet up with her dad. She hadn't been apart from her parents before, it was a bit of a scary thought. She was always running off on her own, but her parents had always been far behind. She followed Alissia though, and got into the gummi ship. She trusted Alissia enough to get her back safely, but she was still worried about whether Caleb would be okay. "C-can you tell me more about the princess in the story?" she asked, needing something to take her mind off of things as they travelled back.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  20. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    "I'll be back. I just need to talk to him for a bit..." Xero said as she began to walk away from Ananta. She slowly walked into the jail and the guard let her through the door into the room with Gexln's cell. He didn't look at her and she took a breath and was about to speak, only for Gexln to begin apologizing before she could talk.

"This isn't your fight, it's mine, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying." Xero looked at Gexln with a pained look. Was he seriously telling her this? She could only stare at him shaking her head as he began to break free of the chains, tears beginning to well up in her eyes and he froze as he finally looked at her. Gexln sighed and said, "You've got two minutes."

"You idiot..." Xero spoke, anger burning through her voice, "You're going around trying to tell me not to get myself killed while I idle in the back just waiting for you to come home, worrying every second and hoping that you're still alive! I've said it many times already and you're damn well going to hear it again; I'm sick of it! Our son is missing and quite possibly dead already, and all you care about is going after some other fucking lunatic that you say killed people?! You've done your fair share of murdering others and quite recently too Gexln! I don't understand how selfish you're being! You are so caught up in your past and not willing to let what's happening now happen!"

Xero's tears began to finally fall after she spoke. She stood there looking at him fiercely, "Just... Let me help you... Please..." There was silence between the two for a good minute before Gexln finally spoke, "I'm sorry, Xero. I love you, but i'm not losing you too" He then opened a dark corridor and left. Xero could only stand there once again alone for the third time. Her hands gripped at the cell bars and her body began to tremble from anger and the sobbing she was trying so hard to stop. Soon she came to a realization. She knew where he was going next.

Xero quickly began quickly running out of the cell, in a rather panicked way and eventually came to the room where she was once in just in time to see Gexln pointing his Keyblade at Ananta. She couldn't understand the scene she was seeing. Sure she'd seen him raise his weapon to others before but this was different. This was an ally he was threatening. He's threatened allies before, yes, but those were mere bluffs to Xero. But this was real. She couldn't move, just stand there frozen as she saw the scene play out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.