Kuroshitsuji

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ, Feb 6, 2012.

1. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I've been seeing many fans lately and it's brought this wonderful manga/anime back to me. I love it very so. Anime is done and now it's time for the manga.

So who else will embark in the manga journey with me who has no already?

what have those who read it believe?

2. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

I've been reading the manga lately. But I started on where I left off with the anime and read the Noah's Arc stage. But I tend to get the manga from the library
    But, I would love to go on this Kuroshitsuji manga adventure with you. I'm almost finished with the first season of the anime.
    By the way, I love your signature. It made me laugh a little

3. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

I read the Manga even before the Anime was cool.

/deluxehipster

You have not already read it?

4. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh how lovely. Daxa is going on the same journey as well. I tend to lose track of where I left off but now we're starting from the beginning. My friend believes the manga to be much better and it has more characters. I believe the anime was a bit to short which why the manga brought up my curiosity. It also reveals more as I am told.
    Also thank you. I chose it for that purpose.

Some but I end up too busy to continue on and am easily distracted. So I am determined to read two chapters a week and might move that number up. Oh splendid that you have however.

5. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Believe that it is an amazing manga, I've read what they have of it, but it's not actually completed. if I'm not mistaken the next chapter comes out in March..I think.

I actually like the character's personalities in the manga more than the anime, especially Lizzy's after a certain chapter. Grell is fabulous as usual, Sebastian seems more assertive, and Ciel has more emotion. Another interesting thing is that the anime and Manga have two completely different stories after Grell's introduction, so you get a bunch of new stories to read about instead of the same thing.

Teddy, what a hipster you are, but you have no Claude in the manga.

6. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd love to embark on this journey as well as I just finished Black Butler 2 and am anxious to know what happens afterward.

Sadly, there's not many places I can get manga where I live.

7. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Pssssst. http://www.mangareader.net/102/kuroshitsuji.html

They're going to dub season 2 pretty soon if I'm not mistaken. As for making a season 3, I doubt it, but all bets are off.

8. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah well then now I gladly look forward to this. I have heard that Grell is indeed not as flamboyant but I didn't know the others changed personalities as well. And for the stories it seems grand. And yes I would have though that Kuroshitsuji II does not exist in manga but I'm fine with that.

You can read it online. http://www.mangareader.net/102-2010-1/kuroshitsuji/chapter-1.html

9. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes, I know. That is the only downside...

@moshi: You can read two chapters a day! They are very easy to get caught up in, and they are somewhat short.

10. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

The reason I selected that for the time being is that I'm going to be starting my classes up again. So I'm not too sure yet how busy I am going to be. If I find it easy, I'll move it up. But I have to discuss it with Daxa as well. /doingthiswithher

@Droid: Kuroshitsuji 3?

11. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I said it wasn't likely, with the way they ended it they'd have to come up with an entire different story with new characters. Only Sebby, Ceil, and the other immortal characters like Grell/Undertaker/William would still be around. That doesn't mean they couldn't though if they felt like it would be successful.

Also Grell is plenty flamboyant, he's just got the added more serious side(which for the most part isn't very serious when Sebastian is around, or anyone really).

12. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I didn't even think that they would come up with one. There's not much they can do. Even if they did bring them back, I don't think they could come up with much of a story that would keep people interested.

Alright. That's a good thing to know. I was reading some things about it and I suppose I might of just read them wrong. I'm looking forward to more of Undertaker though. Do they reveal more about him as I hope?

13. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh yeah it would probably suck, but it still be Kuroshitsuji...so I'd probably watch it. xD

You'venoidea.gif They do indeed, but it's not till later in the manga that he gets his time in the spotlight.

14. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Well you have a point there and so will. But that's one reason I love Kuroshitsuji. The story was interesting and kept me wanting to know more. That's why I'm going to read it now.

Grand. They just kind of shoved off the fact that he was a Shinigami and that wasn't very fun.

What?

15. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohhhhh,my dear,I am looking forward to this ever so much <3
    As we had both read some of it before watching the anime,but both of us completely forgot where we actually got up to in it.
    So away we go~

And I am ever so glad it has lots of Undertaker and Grell dear in it,I must say.

16. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes it all begins today. Our journey into Kuroshitsuji. I look forward to it greatly.

For those who wish to follow my Grell-san and me, we are reading 2 chapters this week then discussing it. So join if you'd like.

17. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

So, we are starting to read the manga from the beginning?
    Sounds like fun. Seeing as how I started reading book VI where Noah's arc all started.
    But I agree with your friend. There are certain characters that are in the manga that they won't show in the anime. Sometimes I can't help but wonder how the circus arc would've played out in the anime though.

18. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah but I already read the 2 chapters agreed so I might movie it up to more chapters. @.@
    Haha you don't have to go back. It'll be nice for discussion if everyone is on the same page though so it's really up to you. And I'm curious about a character called Doll that my friend mentioned.

19. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, Doll. She's in the Noah Arc Circus too. She's the tight rope walker, and when she's not performing, she likes to act like a male and goes by the name Freckles.
    I'll admit when I started reading and she appeared, I was confused cause she looks like a guy off stage, but when she performs, she's wearing a dress. So, I couldn't tell if it was a girl that liked guy clothes, or a guy that liked to wear girl clothes.
    But it all became clear after a while. I wouldn't mind starting from the beginning. It'll be fun to see the difference between the manga and the anime :D

20. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh what great a tale that shall be then. She shall become a great talk then when I read about her.
    Very well. I have talked to my lovely Grell-san and we have moved it up to 5 chapters for now. I'll keep it updated. And yes. We can have full on discussions.