klk done

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by 61, Apr 19, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

god i have never felt the need to rewatch a series more than this one
    not because it was sooo good and i just want to enjoy it again, but because 1 the conceit is so ****ing insane and there are times when i cant tell if they're just dropping the ball big time or if it makes sense but either way they don't do a great job of explaining things at times, and 2 because there's so much stuff going on that you're sure to miss things

Episode 24.

Okay, someone tell me what the significance of the Original Life Fiber is? Aside from it being the origin of all things, why is it so integral to Ragyo's plan? Because when it's destroyed it affects her plans literally not at all unless im mistaken. She didn't need it to broadcast that signal because she does that on her own. Wtffff. And why is it that when it's destoryed the machine it was supposed to connect to (WHICH GOT JACK ALL EXPLANATION I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT THING IS) is protected by a field of life fibers? Why? It does nothing. It was supposed to connect to the olf but once that's destroyed i don't see what significance it has

and i had a lot of little qualms like this throughout the series where something seems to break all of the rules or just plain doesn't make sense. loved the series but man i feel like some things could have been done muuuuch better. which is why i think a second watch would clear a lot of things up.

and goddamn satsuki's one of my favorite anime characters ever

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

You're trying to find sense in Kill La Kill?

[​IMG]

3. Hayabusa Venomous

I think the Original Life Fiber was meant to be used as a last chance win for Ragyo if she and Nui couldn't just kill Ryuuko and the gang normally, cause remember how Ragyo had Nui pretty much fuse with the Original Life Fiber to boost her to final form?

That's just an idea though. The finale showed just how clearly the crew were being rushed to meet the dates set. Way too much action with way too little actual explanation. No doubt they want to redo the series in a movie, like they did with Gurren Lagann (though that series was much better held together throughout its run.)

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If you'll recall, Nui absorbed the Original Life Fiber and then she fused with Ragyo and Shinra Koketsu. That's why when Ragyo kissed the satelite it activated: because she and Shinra Koketsu had become one with the Life Fiber. Something tells me this was her ace in the hole and that's why it doesn't seem to affect her so much.

Good to see you enjoyed it, though!

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

The Original Life Fiber connecting to Honnouji's dishes to broadcast the signal up to the space satellite was the initial plan, but due to Gamagori destroying the dishes, she was pretty much like "lol u think i can't improvise BITCHES AIN'T ****" and had Nui fuse with it to give it enough juice, then she fused with it & pleasured flew her way to the satellite.

I doubt she wanted to fuse with it in the first place considering she was adamant on no one ever touching it ever, but that's how I had interpreted it.

I do think they dropped the ball on consistently explaining things well, and dropped a lot of plot points like Nudist Beach entirely (though I laughed so hard at them by the end omg), Tsumugu, and so on.

If they do movies I will watch the **** out of them. I loved the Gurren Lagann ones, even if they weren't as well held together as the show.

sometimes I think back to how I used to not like her at first and feel so ashamed

6. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

You've got it backwards. The Original wasn't integral to Ragyo's plan, she was integral to its plan. Well, not its plan, exactly.

Quick Review:
    Life Fibers propagate through the universe by floating through space and randomly landing on planets. Sometimes they'll land on planets with life, where they'll turbo charge the evolution of the most intelligent species there until it gets to what I'll call the Human Level.

Then the Life Fiber that originally landed on the planet goes dormant until the Human Level species develops its technology to the point that it can be used to further scatter life fibers through the universe. Eventually, someone finds the Original Life Fiber (some unnamed Kiryuin ancestor in Earth's case), reawakens it (Ragyo, in Earth's case), figures out that it could be useful (again, Ragyo), and ends up under its spell (you have one guess).

From there it has its new puppet do its thing until Life Fibers have managed to spread all over the world to every Human Level creature. Ragyo's clothing brand, REVOCS, accomplished this on Earth. After that all it needs is some way to send the signal to awaken to all the life fibers in the world and boom, the planet is consumed, and then explodes, scattering Life Fibers in every direction.

Basically, the Original Life Fiber was using Ragyo.

The machine that it was supposed to connect to was mainly there for convenience. Blowing up a friggin' planet is pretty damn hard. Would you want to go all the way into space just to send a stupid signal?

As for why the plan could continue even after the OLF was destroyed, my personal theory is that she wanted to make sure she could use it to send the signal in case Nui hadn't finished Shinra Koukestu yet. My theory on that is that Shinra Kouketsu was made from life fibers taken directly from the OLF, effectively making it capable of everything the OLF could do. It's all speculation on my part, but it's not really that much of a stretch.

FTFY[DOUBLEPOST=1397966791][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What were those suits called? Data something?

7. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Kill la Kill was fantastic.
    Not a series to analyze or anything.
    For me, it was all about the entertainment value, and believe me, for me, it had a lot of it.
    Those fights were ridiculously hype, and everything was so huge and over the top. I absolutely loved it.

8. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

You'll probably also love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's pretty much Kill la Kill on steroids.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I felt the need to rewatch it immediately completing it. Definitely doing that this summer. <3

10. Hayabusa Venomous

...there are people who like anime and haven't watched that?

11. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Oh please, I watched Kill la Kill BECAUSE I love Gurren Lagann so much! One of my all-time favorites, for sure.