Kingdom Key's Hidden Secret

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by DuelRoxas16, Aug 17, 2014.

1. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

although it has been the basic keyblade since the first game. Im curious if theres something more to Sora's keyblade.

1. The X-Blade has two kingdom keys combined, so why does it use that keyblade.

2. Mickey's Kingdom Key D was found in the realm of darkness and was needed in order to close the door, why was this specific keyblade needed?

its more of just my curiousity then a conspiracy, but i would like to hear your opinions

2. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

for all we know that's where they could have come from but there's noway of knowing that for now

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I strongly believe that the both Kingdom Keys have a deep connection to the X-blade. While there certainly is more to the X-blade that needs to be revealed, I have a theory that the reason Sora has a Kingdom Key is solely because of Ven, who was the light half when the X-blade was being forged in BBS. The other Kingdom Key, being the darker half, remained in the realm of darkness.

4. Lite The Future

It's very likely that the Kingdom Key has some kind of connection with the X-Blade. What that connection is? I'm not sure.

However, I have a small theory that would minimize the connection between the Kingdom Key and the X-Blade, though that doesn't mean the connection isn't significant. I shall explain, but I'll put it in a spoiler juuuuust in case:

The X-Blade was (and still is, I suppose) the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts. It was essentially a "guard", if you will, as it was made to protect the "unseen land known as Kingdom Hearts", as Master Xehanort put it. When the people of the ancient world started trying to get the Light of Kingdom Hearts for themselves, they created Keyblades in the image of the X-Blade as a means of fighting for said light. With that in mind, I have a feeling that the Kingdom Key was merely among the first Keyblades ever created, and thus was based heavily on the Kingdom Keys seen on the X-Blade itself. From there on, for whatever reason, more Keyblades were made in different sizes, lengths and styles, probably so it's user could differentiate themselves from those he or she was fighting. But yeah, that's how I see it.

tl;dr: The Kingdom Key was just the first Keyblade ever made by man and was based on the Keys that are on the X-Blade itself.

As for the OP's actual questions;

1. I think, since the X-Blade came first, it was just a matter of "that's just how it looks". I don't think there's a reason as to why the Kingdom Key specifically is on it, it just IS.

2. Was it ever stated that the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D specifically were needed to close the door? My memory is hazy, admittedly, but from what I remember, there just needed to be a Keyblade of Light on the Realm of Light-side of the door and then that Light Keyblade's Dark counterpart needed to be on the other side in the Realm of Darkness. If what I'm remembering is correct, the Kingdom Keys used by Sora and Mickey used were just coincidental.

5. It's Roxas Ya Know! Merlin's Housekeeper

I thought all keyblades were kingdom keys until u changed the trinket on it nd that y they changed to jungle key nd other....i remember somebody saying that

6. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

I thought that too but why does Ven, Aqua and Terra's keyblades al start out different. Why was Sora's the one that reflects the X-blade and why did its counterpart Kingdom Key D reside in the realm of darkness

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I'm gonna say that the reason theirs looks different is because they were trained under Master Eraqus who decided that they needed to have unique keyblades that represented the wielder.

I think each wielder has their own special keyblade they receive. Such as Riku's being Way to Dawn and Kairi's being Destiny's Embrace.
    Each wielder gets a special keyblade that represents them. Possibly at some point and they all start with the Kingdom Key.
    That is my own theory, however, and it could possibly be wrong.

Oh, don't forget, Mickey didn't actually start with the Kingdom Key D. He had Star Seeker in KHBBS first.

Hm, but with that in mind, I really believe that the keyblade that a person gets is based on who their Master is/who gave them their keyblade in the first place. So Sora getting Kingdom Key makes sense.