Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Skyheart Joker

Stratos frowned a bit as the gremlin had told him that he had no idea where his friends were. Ah well, he couldn't just expect situations to easily resolve themselves right now. All it meant was that the group was going to have to do a bit more exploring or something in order to find everyone. He then was curious at the next piece of info that they were told. Being turned into ink hardly sounded like an enjoyable experience, but, a person had to do what they had to do. He was kind of curious what it entailed, especially if it could help him help others in this world, but he didn't really get the chance to ask.

As more inkblots seemed to come out of nowhere in particular, Stratos looked at them with caution. He wasn't too keen on fighting an invincible foe, though he decided to go and check for himself. Looking to the others he said, "stand back and don't hit these things. If this backfires on me, it's better that it's only me." With keyblade in hand, he pointed it at the inkblot and cast fire from the keyblade, launching a ball of fire that exploded on contact with the ink, it seemed to have zero effect, just like what was expected. Or rather, the only effect that it had was making the inkblot turn it's attention to Stratos. Turning back to the two girls he said, "alright let's just run." With that, Stratos tried to get the **** away from the whole impossible fight.

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Listening to Oswald's exposition left D'daear shocked. Apparently oswald was an Inkling or something with the power to fight the Inklings or whatever because of some experiment. Apparently the Keyblade was no match for these monsters. It made it even more shocking when Oswald mentioned the Phantom Blot, which he distinctively remembered being able to harm with the Keyblade; mind you he had to coat the weapon in a spell. Remembering who the Phantom Blot was, D'daear decided to spill the beans. Perhaps there was some connection between what they encountered in the Monochrome Disney Town and what's happening now.

"Hey Oswald... My team and I met the Phan-"

"Look out Dare!" Oswwald yelled, tackling him.

The tall boy fell back with the wind knocked out of him; boy the Black Rabbit sure knew how to tackle someone. When D'daear came to, eyes fell upon the black ink for a hole that had emerged in the spot he had just been prior to Oswald tackling. Inklings began to emerge from the ground, like Heartless only they weren't. The purple haired youth got up quickly as he watched the Rabbit summon both keyblades to action.

"TW-!?" he interrupted himself. Oh yeah, Black Rabbit could dual wield.

"It's he blot! He knows you're here. Get outta here! I'll hold em off!"

"We can't just leave you!' D'daear interjected, keyblade summoning itself at his will. He ran to the Black Rabbit's side, getting into stance for a moment before Karina spoke up. Attention focused itself on the girl's dead serious eyes that always seemed to be burning a hole into whatever she looked at. H'oh boy. Now what was he supposed to do? With words like that, and eyes like that, D'daear almost wanted to listen to her if not out of some misguided sense of duty. It left the boy feeling really surprised to see Karina speak the way she spoke. It even made him cringe a little when she let it be known that she was self-aware of her attitude problem.

"She's being SELFLESS? What is going o-" again interrupted by watching Karina pull her stunt. Obviously the it had no affect on the inklings, to which reminded D'daear of his the Phantom Blot once more. "Oh wait! Karina, use magic! Only Magic c-!" he shouted with great worry, still standing by Oswald's side when a hole popped up under Karina and commenced to Swallow her. Eyelids retracted more instinctevly to bare the shock that was written on him.

"Karina!" he yelled, dashing away Oswald.

It was futile, a vain attempt as he didn't even make it within proper proximity of the hole to attempt a split second dive to save her. D'daear merely stopped half way in the distance with hand out stretched to the foreground of his sight, watching the background where Karina once was. His heart sank, feeling a bit of guilt for having thought of the girl the way he did. Sure she was annoying, and a bit cold...but even she did not deserve this fate. Cheeks dragged downward to display the sadness he felt. Karina, the woman with the brute force of a body builder had been easily taken out by these inklings.

Just What chance did Beuce and himself have without Oswald's ink ability? Would magic even work the same way it did on the Phantom Blot? It had apparently gotten a lot stronger too...

Oh how he felt ambivalence at the moment. To stay and help fight and be courages, or run away and live to fight another day with their tails tucked between their legs? "It's the same situation just like Central Haven..." he murmured. It was tough as no matter how tough of a person you are, fearlessness does not exist. That instinct will always linger, even as a tiny reminder for the truly bold people. That's why it's called courage, right?

Logic dictated the boy's decision now unlike at Central Haven where with Courage, and allies they were able to stay and fight. A heavy sigh was given.

Head titled down and eyes shut themselves to give Karina her much deserved moment of silence; despite how noisy it had become in the background. When the moment was done, he got ready to do something that unfortunately was necessary. A flame surrounded the tip of D'daear's keyblade as he made a run for Beuce, slashing at an Inkling in his path. He watched mid dash as the Inkling splattered along the area. It took a while longer than with Karina to reform itself, a sure sign that magic had SOME kind of affect on it; although the effect's were minuscule.

D'daear grabbed Beuce's wrist with his unequipped hand and pulled at Beuce. "Let's get out of here. We can't let Karina's sacrifice be for nothing. We run to safety, and hopefully we can come up with a strategy once Oswald finds us. Let's go!"

3. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"Oh bother." Steel thought to himself as Sebastian dragged him away from the attacking enemies. "What am I to do in this situation?" His question was one certainly one worth pondering. You see because of the latest development in the story, Steel was in the middle of addressing something of a continuity issue. Of course, Steel already had a few continuity problems, but they were usually minor slip ups because he had been in too much of a rush to think about his lesser past experiences. This, however, was something much more prominent. You see, it appeared that the wielders could not harm any of the creatures here unless they had this "ink." But you see... there was the small matter of the events that had played out back in the Mysterious Tower.

This left Steel in quite the predicament. It was quite obvious that he wasn't supposed to be able to do any damage to these things normally, but according to the reason he shouldn't... he can.

Of course no one could be blamed for this particular error: Krowley didn't have time to every post. Almost no one did. Steel himself had no one to tell him this would become an issue later, so he didn't fix it. He could only sigh as he ran after his companions all the way back to Horace. He would just have to stick to magic anyway: admit nothing. Well, this entire post had been something of an admittance, but you all get the point. He blasted off one of the creatures with a thunder spell as the the others talked to Horace...

Yeah... he was pretty much just following them around at this point.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

OOC: When the heck did we end up in a cage? No, seriously, did I miss a post? @Usagi Tsukino

Raisor slumped on the ground, feeling like his energy was being drained just by being near that weird doctor. Heck, Raisor didn't even think the guy was a doctor, he looked more like someone who put on a lab coat and gloves and put Doctor in front of his name just because it sounded neat. Glad at least that Ananta had healed him, even though it wasn't really necessary, and he did mean that in every sense of the word, Raisor got to his feet and wondered how they were going to get out of this mess. They were stuck with no way out, and it didn't seem like their keyblades were going to be of much use. Though, like Raisor said earlier, he really didn't need his keyblade to knock someone like that mad scientist on the other end of the room down a few pegs. Then he heard Ananta mutter something about Kross.

"I'm sorry, did you just say your "Kross senses are tingling?" He gave her a confused look with one eyebrow raised.

Not sure whether to think Ananta was going crazy or something else, Raisor figured it was time to get them out of there. They needed to figure out where they were exactly, and being stuck in one spot was not going to do them any good. Plus, there was still Aden to think about, who was somehow unconscious on the ground during this time, even though they had been up for a few minutes now. Apparently that guy could sleep through anything.

"Well, let me see if there's a lock on this cage that I can't pick. And by pick I mean "completely destroy so it doesn't do it's job of staying locked"," Raisor looked at the cage to see their exit strategy, "Uh, slight problem. I don't see a door on this cage."

5. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

He didn't have time to walk very far before the ink blots swarmed them. He summoned his keyblade, prepared to defend himself. Though, judging from what Oswald said, they wouldn't be able to do much. "We've gotta hurry out of here." However, not everyone did that. Karina decided to buy them time by sacrificing herself. "Karina, no! What are you doing?!" Yet he watched as she fought them. Like Oswald said, she couldn't hurt them. Her attacks barely slowed them down, and sure enough, they overwhelmed her with ease.

He clenched his teeth as they dragged her under. Flame, Seiza, and now Karina. Every time he tried to help someone, something happened to them. Dammit. All he could do was run away, just like last time. Just like the time before that. Just like always. He glared at his keyblade. What was the point in having it if he couldn't do anything with it?!

His thoughts were interrupted by a slight tug on his wrist. D'daear was pleading for him to go. "Yeah. Alright. You said magic is more effective against these things? I'll get us out of here then." He turned to look at the ever-growing number of ink blots between them and their goal. Building up magic in his body, his keyblade began to glow. With a horizontal sweep through the air, he called down the strongest magic he knew. Four large pillars of light shot down from the sky, obliterating the ink blots in their path. For the moment, it was clear. After taking a quick look at the ink, he realized it was beginning to reform. If they stayed here any longer, then that spell may as well have not been cast. "Now's our chance!"

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

With Kel leading the charge with his Aero and Base thinning out the ink bloats, it looked like they were going to get through this mess fairly easily. Though there were two problems with this. One being the limited amount of times that Kel could caste Aero, and the other being their surrounding. Sure the ink in front of them was being kept at bay, but Kel had completely forgotten about the spots that appeared on the ground. Fortunately that didn't matter at this very moment for they managed to get outside and into the graveyard.

Now while there wasn't any of those ink creatures here at the moment, nothing said that that couldn't change at any given point. Graveyards were never a good place to be. Base had Horace had started talking when it was brought up that Horace was from Disney Town and that there some one that looked like him still there. "I don't know, there being two Horace's in strange on in own, but there isn't much we can do about it until we get out of wherever we are." What Kel didn't know was that as he gave his response to Base, a splotch of ink had appeared underneath his feet.

In fact, it wasn't until everything around him had started to get taller that he noticed something was wrong. Looking down at his feet, he saw the splotch of ink he was now sinking into. Kel's first instinct was to to try and force his way out. A burst of aero was fired at the ground and accomplished nothing but getting some ink on his clothes and maybe Base, Steel and Horace. Not at all what he was going for and he'd only started to sink further into the ink. Welp, it looked like he was about to find out where this ink lead, but before that, there was one thing that he needed to do.

Kel had already sunken down to his waist and and at this point there wasn't exactly much that he could think to do.. "Don't worry about me, I guess I'll figure out where this Ink goes." Last time he was pulled into it he ended up in a different world, maybe that would be the case this time too. Wait, they already were in a new place with no clear way of getting out. Being sent to another world while here probably wasn't the best idea. That was the last thing on his mind as he continued to sink deeper into the ink.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  7. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross paused, the castle wasn't too far now but even with that, how was he going to get to his allies? The castle was clearly occupied and he needed to get inside somehow...but how? Blots began to surround him and solidify into strange creatures. His smart mind deduced them to be from the castle. He only raised his hands, maybe these could lead him to his allies."I'll turn myself in, just take me to my friends."He said. He really didn't think that far ahead but there was no turning back now. He had to do this. 'For my friends...I need to reunite with them...' he thought to himself, from there he could strategize and plan, maybe even execute an escape plan in one swipe, maybe this time they would listen.

Mere minutes later, he was being led to the castle, arms behind him. His eyes focused fiercely forward."Hang on everyone...I'm coming to get you all...we'll all get out..."

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

~Tomorrow City~

"Oswald... Hm." Cailyn
    rested her head on her fingers for a minute, trying to think. "Maybe we should turn ourselves into-" Before Cailyn could finish her sentence, the ink creatures began to appear again.

"I'm not going to let you fight by yourself!" Cailyn crossed her arms, talking to Stratos. She then summoned her Keyblade trying to slash into the inkblot. "If we can't use the Keyblade, how are we supposed to get out of here?" She asked. "Maybe everything we've done...could it have all been for nothing. What am I supposed to do if I can't use the Keyblade?" She clenched her fists. Cailyn jumped back as it attacked. "Gah! Hey, don't run away, I thought we were in this together!?" Cailyn sighed. "We can't just run you jerk!" She followed behind him even still. There was no use in fighting a losing battle. "Gus come with us! I can't just leave you here, it doesn't feel right, come on!"

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As Luna watched as Stratos and Cailyn use their keyblade against the ink blots and showed ineffective, she was at a loss in terms of what to do. She saw Stratos, Cailyn, and Gus fall back, she ran as well. Luna looked back and saw the enemy catching up to the group. Luna stopped in her tracks. She spoke out toward the group with a sad smile on her face. "You guys have to go on without me.......if that thing catches us, how are we gonna figure out how to really fight these blots? The only way were gonna escape is for me stay behind.......it'll give you time to put some distance between you guys and the blots. Please....run while I'll hold them off!!" Luna used her keyblade and attempted to make an ice wall splitting her and the group. As she did, she threw her cresent barrette toward Cailyn and Stratos. "It's a good luck charm!! Take good care of it for me please!! I'm sorry.....I hope you can forgive me...." Just like that, the ice wall was put up. Luna turned toward the blots. She ran toward the enemies and attempted to fight against them. However, the battle ended in the enemies' favor. Luna found herself sinking in the blot's ink or whatever it seemed to be. Luna tried her best to escape but it failed. "Everyone.......forgive me.........my family, i've failed you.....diu lucem..." As Luna sank, a tear rolled down her face and a loud scream bellowed out from Luna. With that final scream, Luna was captured by the blots.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor continued looking for a way out of the cage while the Mad Doctor continued his singing. Truth be told, he was at least impressed for how long the guy could hold a note. Raisor figured there might be one way of getting out of the cage, but Ananta might not like it. Plus Aden was out of commission, and none of them were going to do anything stuck in the cage. He took out his keyblade and took a nice swing at the bars. His keyblade bounced back and he fell to the ground. Apparently those bars were a lot harder than he thought. Then he remembered his little trick he did back during the heartless attack in the haven world. He took another swing at the bars and launched a fire attack just a he hit the metal, blasting the cage apart. He took a look at the damage and was glad to make a little hole out of the cage. He wasn't sure it would actually work, but he was glad nonetheless.

"Hey Ananta, I managed to get us a way out. Come on." He managed to wriggle his way through the hole in the cage, sucking in his gut as much as possible.

As soon as he got out though, the ceiling shook and a bunch of stones came falling down. Raisor threw himself away from the cage just as the rubble hit the ground, bending the cage and closing the gap he had made. Well, Ananta wasn't going to be happy being stuck in there, but Raisor needed to do something. Somehow the Mad Doctor wasn't noticing his escape, so he quickly took the chance to get out. He found a door to go through and kicked it down, running out. While running he noticed some weird blobs on the ground chasing him, and he figured it'd be best to just get out instead of worrying about fighting. Eventually he managed to make his way through a large door and out of the castle. He kept running till the castle was farther behind him, make sure those strange blobs weren't following either.

11. Krowley Moderator

CAPTURED:
    Ananta, Glen, Kaida, Karina, Kel, Kross, Luna Raisor

FREE:
    Base, Beuce, Cailyn, D'daear, Hikaru, Steel, Stratos

=========================================================================

VENTURELAND

Oswald gritted his teeth as he fended off the blotlings. "Dang! There are just too many!" He dispersed a keyblade before taking out a remote control from his pocket. "I've got to regroup..." He pressed the big red button that when activated, causes several projector screens to appear around wasteland. "I hope others get to it..." Oswald slashed his way passed the blotlings to a projector screen on the shoreline of Ventureland. Wasteland used Projectors as a mean of jumping to different places. He cautiously touched the projector of the screen. It's magic rippled as if to tell that it had become a portal. "I just hoped I'm not alone..." The rabbit said before hopping on through.

Projector screen will pop up around wasteland!
    Use them to be transported somewhere new!

MICKEYJUNK MOUNTAIN

As Hikaru and Mickey walked along, a long silence separated the two.
    "Gosh...." Mickey began. "I'm really sorry for your friends there... I don't know what I woulda done if it were my pals..."
    Hikaru remained quiet as he didn't know how to feel. In the pat he'd failed before, but it was always letting himself down. This time he let others down and it was really getting to him. Trying so hard to lead and keep together a group was hard when each had their own goals. People looked to him for direction, when he himself was lost. The more he stayed in the book the more he thought it would be better off if he just stayed here. If he ever got everyone together and found a way to let them escape, he could just have Kaida lead them.

"Hey Hikaru! Look at this!" Mickey yelled.
    Hikaru looked up at a small projector screen. It's design reminded him of the windows that showed up in Timeless River a while back. If it was anything like those, it was a portal to another place.
    "Think it's safe?" He looked up asking.
    "Beats walking a few miles..."
    Mickey backed away slowly. "I just don't trust it."
    Hikaru held out his hand. "Trust me then..."
    Mickey looked up and tried to put on a brave face. He nodded and took Hikaru's hand, the both of them jumping through the screen together.

TOMORROW CITY

"Right-O!" Gus agreed. He whizzed to the remaining Stratos and Cailyn and pushed them towards a projector screen that popped up during the ruckus. "Quickly! Through the projectors! They'll lead us to safety." Gus floated through it and disappeared before their eyes enabling them to follow.

DARK BEAUTY CASTLE

Several cages popped up slowly from the ground as Riasor escaped unnoticed.

"My plan has come together, it's heading for fruition,
    I need only the lot of you to soon complete my mission,
    All I need, are just a few more hearts to come here soon.
    And once I extract all of them, I will again be a tooooon!!"

He cackled as he pulled a lever to pull the cages closer together. Ananta, Glen, Kaida, Karina, Kel, Kross, Luna were now all the Mad Doctor's prisoners.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor continued running as the blobs behind him started to catch up. When one of them jumped at him, he took a swing at it. The blob was cut in half and fell to the ground. Raisor figured that'd be the end of it, but instead the two halves of the one blob just kept coming after him, like it wasn't affected at all by his swing. If that was the case, maybe that's what the doctor meant when he said their weapons would be useless. Raisor really didn't feel like stopping now, especially if it meant fighting a losing battle. He kept running as fast as he could and noticed a strange projection ahead of him. He had no idea where it came from, but it looked like it lead somewhere else. He couldn't get a clear picture of what the image was showing, but it was somehow different than the scenery that was around him. If it meant getting away from those annoying blobs of ink, Raisor would take any chance he could get. Taking a leap of faith, Raisor jumped straight at the projected image, somehow falling through it like it was a window to somewhere else.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina slowly opened her eyes as she realized that she was not dead... at least not yet. Instead she was inside a cage somewhere. Looking around she was not alone, others had been captured too. Thankfully Beuce and D'daear wasn't among them. The only reason Karina was stuck in this mess was so those two could get out, so if they had landed there, well Karina would have to wring their necks for that one. She could over hear something the man who had them caged said, before he pulled them all closer. He said something about extracting hearts, most likely theirs. He would have fun with hers though. It was black as night, like that would be of any use to anyone. "So is this the part that you go on a big rant about what your evil plan is then I go and defeat you because of that? If so can we skip the talking and go to the point that I kick your butt?" Karina asked in an unimpressed voice as she raised her keyblade to attempt to use it in order to unlock the cage.

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta tried to follow Raisor, but the cage had somehow moved her to be captured again, with no way out. Falling to her knees, she gripped the cage and grumbled. She then heard the sounds of other cages popping up and looked around. She recognized Kel, Luna, Kross, and Karina. Kaida looked a little familiar. The guy she didn't know, named Glen, was completely new and he honestly looked like a wimp to her.

Sighing, she stood up and looked at Karina first. "Hi Karina, gotta say, that's a smart idea...and I get that you're bored by everything and want out, but our keyblades don't work here...supposedly. He probably meant they don't work on something else." she called to Karina.

"Kel, how'd you get caught?" she yelled towards Kel.

"Luna! What happened, why are you here?!" she said, astonished.

"Kross...." she mumbled under her breath. She saw how he looked like he was still struggling with things. She didn't know what to say to him either. "Kross! Are you okay?" she called, finally. Although he was right next to her, she still didn't know if her words would reach him.

That tune the doctor was singing was very weird, but why would he want to be a..."toon" or something? What in the world is going on in this place.. Ananta thought, trying to figure things out.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen was wishing he'd stayed and fought the inklings to death. Here he was, listening to some mad doctor and his awful singing about becoming a toon, whatever that meant, while unable to leave due to being trapped in a cage and to top it all off he was stuck with his cage in between Karina and Ananta's. "Why couldn't I just be turned into a heartless?" he asked rhetorically with a sigh.

16. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

The others were here, good, it meant the inklings were playing into his hands. Honey eyes snapped up at the sound of a familiar voice. His eyes met sky blue. Long green hair gave her almost immediately. He stood, hands on the cage."Ananta, I'm okay!" He said, looking around to his allies and then to the singing scientist."P'tak miantik! Kih siam pant'tik ki! Mik' kiantikik'!!" He yelled in his language, banging at the cage to try to scare the scientist."P'tak miantik!" He exclaimed, maybe the scientist would be frightened enough to retaliate somehow."Why don't you get yourself over here and fight instead of hiding behind your cages and machik'!"He exclaimed.

17. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The duo that is Beuce and D'daear managed to escape thanks to Oswald's courage and Beuce's quick thinking. Now they were on the run, like criminals escaping from the law. Ironic. It made D'daear feel horrible about having to retreat without avenging their comrade. After they had run off a bit, D'daear slowed to a light jog before coming to a full stop. Keyblade withdrew to wherever it goes, and the young lad placed a hand on a nearby vertical surface as he leaned forward to take a breather. Heart was racing, not just from the sprint but from the odd blend of emotions that crowded his heart right now.

Feral fear, anger, desperation, anxiety...

"Tch..." uttered the tall boy beneath tight mandibles.

Eyes shut, and brows furrowed from the intensity of the situation. It was a bad moment indeed. Disney Town was perhaps the most down time he had witnessed since Beast's Castle. Out of the frying pan and into the fire as they say. Slowly, he rose to erect spinal column. Eyelids lifted themselves to reveal the sorry in his eyes.

Just after recovering his breath, a projector of some sorts popped up before the two. It was strange, and it definitely caused for alarm. "Hey Beuce, what is tha-?"

D'daear noticed the strange aquatic like ripple that emanated from the center of the projector. It all honesty it did not look threatening or malevolent. Being the daring young lad that he was, curiosity pulled him in like a fly towards light. Feet stopped a meter away from the strange, and hand extended itself out towards it. The why he was doing this, he did not know. Upon touching it, he could feel this strange tug as if the projection was pulling him in. Then it hit him.

"This is similar to the windows!" he shouted in discovery.

Turning head in Beuce's direction, "Beuce! I know this sounds crazy, but trust me, alright?" he asked, before giving him a smile and succumbing to the tug of the portal.

The projection without hesitation absorbed D'daear.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna had begun to slowly open her eyes as she found herself in a cage. "About time you woke up!" Luna fully opened her eyes to see Ananta, Glen, Kaida, Karina, Kel, and Kross. Mira had took control of her left eye to see what was occurring. "Luna! What happened, why are you here?!" Luna turned her head toward Ananta as she called out toward her. "I remember telling Stratos and Cailyn to run ahead while I went up against this ink bolt monster and after that everything went all blurry. What about you?? Are you okay??" It was then that Luna heard the voice of the Mad Scientist.
    "My plan has come together, it's heading for fruition,
    I need only the lot of you to soon complete my mission,
    All I need, are just a few more hearts to come here soon.
    And once I extract all of them, I will again be a tooooon!!"
    Luna was quite puzzled and concerned as he said that. "
    Let us out of here!! What's going on here?!" Luna started to shake her cage as she shouted toward the Mad Scientist. "Hold on a sec Luna! Did he just say he'll a toon again?....By extracting hearts?!?" Luna began to calm down a bit as she listened to Mira. She began to grow even more curious and concerned not only for her own well-being but for the well-being of the others who were captured as well. "This can definitely be one of the worst days ever! Hey you!! What do you mean when you said you'll be a toon again?!?!?!? And why do you need us!?!?!?" Luna continued to shout toward the Mad Scientist as she grew anxious as time slowly passed by.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  19. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Lookee there, th' portal's done opened. We got them blotlings on our tails, so let's high hoof it out of here on th' doub- Huh?" Horace pointed out, but was startled to only see one and a half Keybladers.

Kel had sunk in, and Base had dived in to the rescue. Unfortunately, he just wasn't strong enough to pull him back out, and wound up with his legs in a furious struggle to get the rest of him out. For Horace, one tug was all it took to get Base out, but both were disappointed to realize Kel wasn't included in the rescue.

"Put me back in! I think I can reach him!" Base stretched as far as he could go while Horace held him back. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"You really think he'd want you in the same position as him?" Horace hit back as he started racing for the portal, with Base trying all the way there to break free."

They were through the portal and out before Base could wiggle out of the Horse's grip. Kel was lost, and he had no clue where Steel was. Base, save for Horace, seemed to be on his own now.

20. Light-Rune Maven Seer

The aforementioned individual named Steel happened to be right behind Sebastian "Base" Noble. You know, the guy who was alone other than Horace just because no one else was touching him and or in his line of eyesight. "No." Steel reprimanded himself. "You will not be bitter and sarcastic about this, you will not- " Steel gasped at the sudden pain that split his skull. "But I... he... I can only ... now? Of all times?" Suddenly feeling extremely dizzy, Steel did his best to exile the foreign thoughts and turned his attention back to the current happenings.

Base seemed extremely upset that Kel had been captured, but Steel was not as affected. Sure, he didn't know exactly what would happen to him, but his companion seemed to at least have an idea of how to handle the situation, and the two keybladers left couldn't even begin to know how to rescue him unless they moved forward... and getting caught with him wouldn't do them much good either. This last thought became extremely relevant as the black ink lurked very closely to his companions' feet.

"Move!" He shouted as he grabbed Base and Horace by the arms, pulling them back just in time to prevent being caught in the soupy mess. Looking around for an escape route, Steel briefly considered launching them out the side of the mansion when an old video screen appeared. His head ponding, Steel could only sigh in exasperation at all the things that could go wrong with this absurdly convenient new exit.

Giving up so soon, pup? (Shut it out, shut it out, shut it out!) Seeing it as their only real option, Steel took charge in the situation.

"Kel is strong, he'll be fine for now! We can't do him any good if we get caught!" He briefly turned his face to his companion, giving him a glimpse of his creepier eye. "We have to get out of here, NOW!" He left no room for argument, jumping into the screen and pulling the other two in with him.

(((OOC: I'm sorry, I'll do better about posting from now on.)))

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015