Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

D'daear felt Beuce take hold of him for a moment to deliver his message, to which all the tall youth could do was to give a coy smile in response. It was true, he was not very good with witty retorts. So perhaps he would take him up on that offer when they had some time to relax. For the meantime, whoever, they all had a job to do. He stood there, giving Beuce and Karina a glance as they talked things out. No doubt Beuce had a way with words, and it showed in the way Karina sort of mellowed out a bit. A sigh of relief escaped the youth, glad that Karina had calmed down. To make things even better, Oswald seemed to calm down as well when he overheard Beuce name Yen Sid. Blue irises flared to life in interest to what Oswald had to say. Yen Sid's first pupil, Half of Disney being hidden in a book, and a shadow blot needing to nom nom hearts in order to break free where as another way out of the book was by being remembered.

"Blot? To be remembered?" he repeated, looking up in thought. This sounds an awful lot like that Phantom Blot person we encountered. By we he meant his previous group, and by the Phantom Blot he meant the guy who was going on and off about being against change and wanting things to stay in black and white. Oooh, he remembered him now all to well. A pout was faint in D'daear's expression as he grew a bit salty at the character. That guy was a jerk.

"You said you had friends here right? Well, hurry and round em up! If the shadow blot is released, then the world outside our own won't be able to stop it!"

Now there was an idea he could get behind. Keyblade withdrew itself back into the light, and D'daear nodded happily.

"Yeah! We should definitely get to doing that!" he replied, turning to Beuce and Karina. A bit of excitement stirred in the young boy's heart. The place they were in was honestly a little creepy, but not as creepy as the graveyard they had been in with all those skeletons. Not to mention that they now had somewhat of a guide to this strange world. Things were starting to look up. Looking back to the black rabbit he started the intro.

"I'm D'daear." he introduced himself, pointing a thumb at himself.

The sooner they got moving the better.

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

~Tomorrow City~

Cailyn smiled as Gremlin Gus returned her hair to her usual state. She felt a lot less in distress now then she had when she was running. She looked at her Keyblade. It was useless now? "Well, that's okay Mr. Gus, we can just uh, fight with our fists? No that won't work." Cailyn paced. "Maybe... hmm... you know I once read a Fairy Tale where this girl who was locked up in a tower, she had a magical paint brush and she could draw wherever she wanted to go, and when she painted stuff like butterflies they came to life and stuff. It's too bad we don't have magic like that, magic that could bring the world to life." Cailyn walked around some more. "If only Mickey were here, maybe he would know what to do."

3. Skyheart Joker

Stratos had a bit of a pensive look on his face as started to think on what Gus had said. Not only had they been sent to what was essentially the garbage can world, but there was also a much larger and underlying issue with how they had been sent there. Not to mention, there was apparently someone else with a keyblade by the name of Oswald who was able to fight these dark blob things, where as their own would not be able to. While Cailyn started rambling about a fairy tale that he was unfamiliar with, Stratos asked Gus, "so, would there be any way for us to empower our keyblades to fight these sort of blots?" Thinking on it harder, his face lit up as he then had a sudden realization dawn upon him. "Also, you said we were 'a few' of the visitors that dropped into here. Does that mean you know where the other people who fell in here are?"

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida stared at the mountain of junk and sighed saying, "Well, this has already been an eventful day. Sure. Let's go through it..." she was looking around at all the items that were apparently Mickey's and she said, "Wait..." she turned towards Glen and Hikaru and said, "Mickey seems to be having trouble remembering some things that I feel like he should know. Unless we're further back in his timeline than we should be, maybe there are items in this mountain that can trigger his memories?" Kaida continued walking through the opening as if it were a tunnel and she didn't need any light due to her natural night vision from her homeworld anyway, but she did notice some of the objects and said, "It may seem like junk but if Mickey knows what they are... they're his treasures."

5. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross opened his honey golden eyes with a start, he was still in Disney Town...What had he been doing? His friends were not around so he stood. The music still playing through empty streets. As cheerful as it was, it still left a feeling of unease and a sense of eeriness. He looked around and silently walked the parameter of the plaza. No one was here, where had they all gone? He softly sighed out and stroked his chin."...Now what? I've nothing to do, not even Ananta remained to wake me up.."He said."....I hate being ignored." Suddenly, he felt something almost trip him. He rounded to see a book and picked it up."Did someone drop this?"

He looked around. No owner to claim it. It was just a book...right? It had no title, but plot compelled him to open it and try to read anyway. A bright yellow light shone and he shielded his face. Soon the book dropped, but Kross was no where to be found.

Spiralling, dropping. The world was just a random batch of colors for him. He felt like throwing up and tapped his belt to try to call his armor but...nothing."Damn.."He whispered and felt his back hit solid ground. hard. He gasped and jolted, looking around. He got up and felt his legs give out, causing him to stumble and fall onto his knees."Ugh...what a fall.." WHen he looked, what laid infront of him...was a castle. Oh no... He winced at the sound of thunder."All right, to this castle I go."He said, hurrying his way forward.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. Glen Returned from the dead

"And if we saw him with what I'm assuming is this book earlier, maybe there's something in this heap of junk that can get us out of here" Glen said, thinking out loud and adding onto what Kaida had said. He looked at all the things in the piles as he walked through them. There didn't really seem to be anything that looked like it could get them out of there. Then again, who was he to say what could or could not help them out? They were a group of people who had magic keys that seemed to be able to open anything, shoot lasers and use magic. On top of that, there were talking animals everywhere and...yeah, not much phased Glen anymore.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

"So the blot wants out. He isn't something worth remembering and doesn't have a heart to have strength of heart. Interesting." Karina sighed, finally letting go of her keyblade, allowing it to disappear. "But you can't fight a blob of ink in the real world, it wouldn't work too well would it? So I guess we just have to find it and take it out." Karina murmured to herself, her mind quickly racing through their options. "Well jumpy, I guess you have no choice but to lead us to our friends. I mean we have no damn clue where we are or how to get around this place, but you clearly do. If you want us to round up our friends who are probably also stuck inside this book somewhere, and stop the blot think, then you have to lead the way. I have no problem in fighting once we get there." Karina stated to Oswald, casting Beuce a glance as if to ask. "Am I being civil enough for you yet?"

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kel had expected that the ghost wouldn't be all that helpful, but there was no harm in trying on the off chance that they actually helped. They didn't. Kel sighed as he turned his attention over to Horace. Admittedly he didn't remember her, but he didn't tell him that. no need to intentionally make him sad. "We kinda got dragged in here, so I guess we're stuck here until we can find a way out." Maybe Horace knew of a way out, he did seem willing to help them.

9. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Well, at least Karina had stopped trying to get him to kill them. She wasn't exactly being bubbles and sunshine, but then again he'd never expected that of her. She was doing all he'd asked of her, so there wasn't any reason to criticize her further. She was just being Karina. "First place we should check would probably be the mountain over there. The sooner we find this thing, the better." and with that, the keyblade wielder set off toward the mountain they'd seen in the distance. With any luck, they'd run into another chunk of the group.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As Luna listened to Gus, Cailyn, and Stratos discuss, she couldn't help but wonder where and just who was Oswald. She began to ask Gus questions that had been floating in her mind for awhile now. "Hey Gus, just where is Oswald anyway? Is it possible for you to take us to him?" Luna kept wondering and wondering about this Oswald and just how to defeat these new enemies. If her keyblade doesn't stand a chance at defeating them then how does Oswald's keyblade work againist them? All these thoughts swirled around her mind as she continued to await Gus' answer. She then heard Stratos ask about other "visitors" that landed here. Luna now had begun to ponder that. I wonder if the others are here as well. Hopefully they're safe and sound wherever they are. Lost in thought, Luna continued to ponder all the thoughts in her head.

11. Krowley Moderator

~NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS~

At this time, you will have all realized that you cannot fight the ink creatures since you are just slashing at ink. You will also notice black shadows creeping beneath you to open up and suck you away to an unknown location. At this time, you have one of two choices;
    1) Fight the blotlings ineffectively (Read ventureland below to find out why), dodge the ink portals, and retreat
    2) Get captured. If you have not posted by Friday, you will be captured without choice.

---------------------------------------------------------

VENTURELAND

"That's the problem," Oswald sighed. "These things aren't like any monster from your world... they can't just be beaten with a keyblade." His face dropped down a bit as he held up his shimmering dark hand to the other three. As he held his palm out and open to show them, small droplets of black ink eroded out of his skin and hovered into the air above his hand. "It takes a blot to beat a blot... If you aren't made of ink, you'll never be able to hurt them..." He clasped his hand so that the drops of ink would sink back into his skin when he did so. "I underwent an experiment that the mad doctor cooked up... He injected me with some ink temporarily so I could fight them. Now, only I can stop them," he frowned. "The rest of the forgotten citizens here are too scared to fight. I only have a handful of gremlins at my side, and even if you wanted to help, you can't!" He took a pause to try and regain his composure. "It's been like this for 3 years. That's when the big spill happened. The phantom blot gained a surge of ink power and has terrorized wasteland with it. It was that day that the blot wars began..."

He looked down to the ground as his ears perked up. Something wasn't right as a small dark shadow began to form beneath D'daear. "Look out Dare!" he yelled, tackling him.
    The rabbit leapt at the boy in time for him to stay out of harms way once a black hole appeared beneath him. Not the kind you'd see in space, but a plitch black hole made of ink that would have dragged him to who knows where!

"It's he blot! He knows you're here." Oswald brought out both keyblades as he sniffed out the small ink creatures approaching. "Get outta here!" I'll hold em off!"

---------------------------------------------------------

MICKEYJUNK MOUNTAIN

"Kaida has a point," Hikaru pointed out. It was hard to look at her without telling her of all the events that happened back at Central Haven with Seiza. He was just happy to see her safe and sound again. While there was still a lot they had to talk about, he did as he always did and put his own personal matters aside to focus on the mission.
    "We went to certain parts of Mickey's memories. Whether if it's the past or future, something should spark what they're doing here." He looked back up to Mickey was making his own heap of things from stuff that belonged to him. "Hey Mickey! Have you been here before?"
    Mickey stopped what he was doing and turned to them. "Not that I know..." he pondered. "I mean gosh... I haven't even seen this much ink since..." his joyful glare diminished into a haunting expression.
    "Since what?" Hikaru asked in concern.

Mickey turned to face Hikaru as his eyes widened. "H-hey... why's your shadow darker than the others?" he noticed.
    Hikaru crossed his arms and pouted. "Hey, don't change the subjeeeeEEEEEeEEEE-" His voiced trailed as a wide hole opened up beneath him. He almost fell straight through before catching the very edge of the hole. He struggled to hold on, but was beginning to slip as the hole's entirety was wet. "Is this... ink?!" he asked, slipping quickly.

Small inkling creatures known as blotlings began to jump out of the heap and began to corner around the group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOMORROW CITY

"Oh I'm afraid I don't know of the whereabouts of any others my boy." Gus apologized to Stratos. "As far as empowerment is concerned, our leader Oswald decided to go under a special treatment courtesy of the mad doctor. He became an inkling version of himself. It was successful, but alas, we don't know how long it will last..." he sighed. "It only works once, the doctor said," Gus repeated before whirling round to pat him on the back. "But don't fear. I'm hoping we'll find a new way of ridding him once and for all. "We just need to find oswald and-"

Before he could finish, black holes appeared beneath the group as ink creatures began to surround the area.
    "Oh no... more of them!" Gus cried out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LONESOME MANOR

Horace twiddled his hooves as he looked around. "I've been trying for a few hours, and you folks are the first I've seen in some time..."

He couldn't talk for long before holes sprouted around the group and inkling creatures jumped in through the creepy painted along the wall.

DARK BEAUTY CASTLE

The mad doctor grinned as he fondled with his mustache.

"No my green haired one. You've just misunderstood!
    Your presence here is going just exactly as it should!
    The phantom blot requires many hearts to be set free,
    And the fact that you all are not ink is just the key."

While the Mad Doctor prattled on, outside the castle, Kross received an unwelcomed gift of blotlings surrounding him to capture him.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

"Hikaru!" Kaida shouted when she saw him fall in. When she looked and saw him holding on to the edge and she tried to reach out to help him out and saw the blotlings appear and Kaida mumbled, "Maybe coming into the cave was a mistake..." she felt how slippery the edge was as she used her strength to pull Hikaru up, then she looked and saw the blotlings cornering them and she summoned out her keyblade and charged at them. When she hit them she watched as nothing happened and her eyes widened as she shouted, "What?!" and watched the blotlings start to make more holes with the intent of catching them in one. Kaida kept jumping over them until she was stuck balancing on one foot surrounded by about four holes and she said looking to try and find a new place to jump and she mumbled, "This isn't good." She saw one of the blotlings jump to the small spot she was managing to stay on and saw it darken, "Don't. You. Dare." and felt it fall under her and Kaida fell on down reaching for an edge but because of how big they made the hole she couldn't grab on and she instead plummeted down the dark hole with a yell.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

"We can't fight it?" Karina repeated thoughtfully. She didn't like that idea, there had to be something that they could do about it. Karina grit her teeth, always so helpless. How was she supposed to take care of others if she couldn't take care of herself? This was so dumb. That was when D'daear was attacked. A dark shadow appearing beneath him, luckily Oswald was able to push him out of the way in time. However now it seemed that they had a problem. Small creatures were creeping out at them. Threatening them. Oswald was going to hold these creatures off so they could retreat.

"I will not leave you to fight alone. I will help cover the retreat. It isn't like I am good for anything else." Karina then turned and glared at D'daear and Beuce. "Don't you dare try to stop me. Just run. You have saved me Beuce now it is my turn, and if I don't make it out.... Well I will just stop dragging you all down with my attitude." Karina let out a twisted laugh to go with the insult to herself. She had seemingly given up, which wasn't a huge surprise given her entire situation. "Run! Let me do one good thing in my damn life, in my 17 damn years of life I haven't been able to successfully do anything! Just run and leave so I can accomplish something!" Karina yelled at them. Believing she was going to die here, her true feelings about herself and her life was voiced.

Now Karina couldn't focus on whether or not the two men ran, instead she had to focus on the ink. "We may have had a rough start, but lets work together this once, just so the people who could actually do something to save you will be able to live." Karina told Oswald with a nod. With that she charged forward, slashing at ink that simply reformed right after she cut it. Drawing the attention of as many ink creatures as she could leaving for less to go after Beuce and D'daear. She could only keep this up for so long though. She wasn't particularly fast meaning that eventually while fighting one ink creature, another opened a dark hole under her. Karina simply closed her eyes as she began to fall, embracing what she believed to be her death.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

So even Horace hadn't found a way out of here. Those ghost had to know where one was, but they weren't going to help them. Thus making this much more difficult that it probably needed to be. At this point all Kel could think to do was just search around the mansion for clues or something. They may have been wandering around aimlessly, but it was better than standing around doing nothing.

Just as Kel had started to speak, some weird ink creatures had leap out of some of the paintings. They reminded him of some of the basic heartless that he's fought, which prompted his next action, smacking them with his keyblade. In a attack that normally would've quickly dispatched a heartless, completely went through the ink and did nothing to it. Well crud. "Just what are these things?" Black spots were appearing on the ground as well. None of this gave off any good vibes.

15. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"It never ends. Demon dinosaurs, actual demons, and brooms. You meet the weirdest people on these pleasure cruises," Base muttered sarcastically as each attempt to strike the blots down ended with failure. The Keyblade would just pass through them if swipes were made, but one reaction prompted his next decision. The Keyblade became stuck in one of the creatures. Not matter how much he tried to pull, it wouldn't budge.

"Time to beat a retreat, you two," Base grabbed Steel and Kel by the wrists while the Keyblade dispersed into white light and knocked the consuming blotling to the ground as it went. "I've fought a losing battle before, and it's just not worth sticking around to see how much you can get your butt kicked. Follow me!"

Of course, he was running blind, through a haunted mansion. What else could he do? He could hear the little ink-demons chasing, and he saw the shadows on the floor corner him. This wasn't good. He let go of his friends. They weren't going anywhere.

16. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta listened to the doctor and frowned. "Alright, so what do you want us for?" she asked the scientist. Or was he a doctor? Either way, Ananta didn't like this guy. He had a good set of pipes on him, however. As she stood there, Ananta felt something was wrong and looked around. "My Kross senses are tingling..." she muttered to herself.

"Hey, mad doctor scientist, let me out!" she asked, shaking the cage.

17. Glen Returned from the dead

"Kaida!" Glen yelled as he dove forward and reached out with his hand to try to catch her. He was too slow, however, and his fingers didn't even make contact with hers as his friend slipped away from him, the last thing he heard from her a loud yell. He sat there for a moment, before turning around. A look of incredible seriousness appeared on Glen as his now slightly-too-long hair began blowing in the wind, fuelled by his badassery just like anime shows have a habit of doing. Without a word, the keyblade wielder held out his left hand and summoned his keyblade. He leaped into action and began hacking and slashing with his weapon, but it did absolutely nothing, merely passing through the ink-creatures.

Suddenly from out of nowhere, Glen was shoulder barged by a slightly larger ink creature. He rolled backwards and into the hole that Kaida had just fallen into. Not giving up, he stabbed his keyblade forward and into the ground, holding onto it desperately. As his foe walked in front of him, he could see that it was now an ink lion in the shape of Scar himself. Who Scar was he'd never know, but that wasn't important. "Hikaru! Brother, help me!" he called out. The ink creature was having none of that though, digging its claws into Glen's arm that was holding onto the keyblade and causing him to yell out in pain. The ink creature then leaned forward and looked deep into the keyblade wielder's eyes, and Glen just knew what it was thinking. He didn't get to see it play out though as the ink creature grabbed Glen and tossed him back into the hole, the last thing the keyslinger seeing being the confident eyes of the lion prick that had thrown him into the hole.

18. Krowley Moderator

MICKEYJUNK MOUNTAIN

"KAIDAAAA!" Hikaru let out a ferocious cry as he used all his strength to pullhimself out of the ground. Black ink stained on his arms and shirt as he used what little upper body strength he could to hop out of the dripping hole. He was too late as sad as it was since Kaida has already vanished without a trace. This would be the second time he failed his friend, and he was about to lose another as Glen called out to him. "Hikaru! Brother, help me!" he called out.

Hikaru spun around to see Glen being thrown from the jaws of an inkling tiger into one of the opened up holes in the ground, disappearing from his very eyes. "GLEN!" He called out, reaching his hand to the already disappearing portal. That made two friends he'd just lost. While he knew they weren't dead, he knoew some one was hunting them and gathering them for something sinister.

"Hey! Lemme go!" Mickey cried out, as small inkling creatures began to smear ink on him, to absorb him and pull him away from the scene like the others. While the holes were vanished, the monsters continued to invade. Too many of them to defeat on his own. And as Glen demonstrated, they couldn't be simpy slashed at like the heartless. While the monsters were special, they were still ink. Like creatures made out of black, thick water. Like liquidized gum almost. He looked around to see if something could counteract it, as Hikaru dashed along through the horde and took Mickey's hand to run with him. The small splat themed creatures followed in a slow, zombie like manner. He carried Mickey with one arm and looked back at the creatures chasing him and the giant heap behind them.

He summoned his keyblade and kept mickey behind him. Leaning his shoulder back he looked up at the mountain. "Long..." He propped a thumb up into the air to aim at a weak point in the mountain. "Live..." He sprung back his shoulder with keyblade and hand, before letting it loose in a powerful swing of a strike raid. "The King!" He cried out as the keyblade split right into the mountain, causing a collapse of item to tumble down like an avalanche. He grabbed Mickey again and dove into the cave as the ground rumbled and items fell from the heap. One after another until it just splattered all the inkling creatures in a cascade of Mickey's old things.

Mickey and Hikaru were in the cave inside the mountain which let loose on the other side. The path behind them being covered in rubble.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

One tactical retreat later and the gang found themselves trapped between the ink bloat creatures and what every the ink portals on the ground were. They couldn't run any further and the way out of this mess was blocked. "You know what they say, if you can't find a way out, make your own." Instead of running in and attacking the ink, Kel did something that he rarely ever did and used some magic. He channel a fair portion of his magic into his right hand before firing off aero into the swarm of ink. His attack had succeeded in giving them a way, but they were going to have to move fast for the ink creatures had started to slowly reform and block their path once more.

20. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Nononononono, you little creeps stay down." Base cast Aqua Splash on the reforming blots to keep them thinned out. Where Kel would charge with Aero and clear a path, Base would hold the line. A pretty good plan, for an impromptu one. It just felt like they were forgetting-

"We can't forget about Horace! Something tells me the ghosts will manage, but we left that guy on his own." Aqua Splash was working wonders at staving off the Blotlings from reforming, but his Magic would only last so long. Find Horace Horsecollar and get out. "Follow in behind me, Steel. Nobody gets separated."

When he was found, Horace was sinking up to his waist in the floor-consuming shadow. One strategic Splash, and the Shadow released its prisoner and recoiled away from the fleeing group. Numbered four, the group managed their way out of the hostile environment. They were back in the Graveyard, but it seemed like no one was chasing them at that point. He'd stay at the ready nonetheless.

"You alright?" he was out of breath from the exhilaration, but the others needed to be checked.

"I'm alright. And... to be honest, kinda little shocked. I ain't too used to bein' remembered like that."

"That's terrible. Why say a thing like that?" Base asked, concerned.

"Just the truth. The whole reason I'm here is because nobody remembers me no more," his long face grew longer with sadness.

"Can't be. I could have sworn I saw a guy --- Well, a horse anyway --- who looks exactly like you back in Disney Town."

Horace's face lit up and he clacked his hooves together.

"Disney Town? You know about Disney Town? That's where I'm from- but, oh. Y'say somebody up and went replaced me?" Horace plopped down and sighed with his head in his hooves, defeated. "Doesn't that just figure? I bet they don't even remember him neither."

"More than one thing really curious is going around here. What do you two think?" Base looked to Steel and Kel.