Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

Meanwhile at Central Haven...

Seiza sat with his legs apart on his regular stool. One hand flat across the table, and the other used to support his temple, as he pressed his clenched fist against it in a fit of stress.
    "Bored already?" Aux questioned as he eyed him from the corner.
    Seiza's fist removed from it's place as he rubbed his forehead. "Bored, tired, I guess that's all the same to you guys, right?"
    "Do you need sustenance? I'll send Vanitas to fetch you a-"
    "You know, can we just cut the tough guy act for a minute?" His blunt remark caught the muscular wielder off guard. "I know what I have to do, I just don't WANT to. Aside from that, I'm missing key features that are meant to put this little pandora's box together. All I could finish was the stupid binding." He turned around from the table to face a portrait on the wall. "You really should've done this when the last librarian was around. Now THAT GUY knew everything. " The view is panned over to a distinguished painting of an elderly man with long white hair, a beard to match, and signs of old age clear across his face. He wore a bright robe, with a light blue tint. The kind you would find on most holy magicians.

"You probably don't even feel anything for the guy though. I mean he's the one that found you abandoned here and all."
    Aux shot piercing eyes towards his vicinity. "I never claimed to be ungrateful."
    "Of course not. You just hide it... Quite poorly I might add." He crossed his arms and leaned back as he continued to guilt the man. "I've only known you for a few years now and maybe I don't know better, but I know you aren't one to use people. Not the ones you care about anyway... Kaida and Hikaru? You guys were closer than most friends could dream. And so for the sake of your life's search, you'd toss aside the friends you made and the new life you could live here for a more diabolical scheme. I'm sure it getting harder and harder to push away the only lights still in your life."
    Aux remained silent as took a moment's pause. "You're right. You really don't know anything."
    "Oh I dunno, I think there's some truth to it." Vanitas appeared into the room with a snarky tone. "Anyways, your shift's done. No-Brain wants to talk to you downstairs."
    Aux left his station and preceded to walk out and try to ignore Seiza's words. "Oh and one more thing... If you really want to be a big boy and embrace the darkness, then sooner or later," he stopped to snap fingers on both hands. "You'll have to turn out the lights." He gave a chortle as Seiza sneered in his direction. "Oh lighten up... And I hope you don't plan any of those mind games on me. I know where my place is... And I have no friends to speak of."
    Seiza shrugged his shoulders and continued work on crafting the pages. "Can't for the life of me, imagine why. Though I personally wouldn't want to befriend a lapdog anyhow."
    "I may be the more tolerant to be around, but I'd watch my words if I were you..."
    Seiza chuckled. "You're an evil dog alright... all dark and no light. More of a weakness than a strength really."
    Vanitas clenched his fist in the temptation of knocking out the men. But No Heart was carefully watching and delaying his plans could cost him dearly. All he could do is begrudgingly await an opening.

Aux followed a cascade of stairs to a small room lit with candles. It appeared to be a shrine for the former librarian 'Kurt Russel.' A man who from the looks of things had passed away for sometime.
    On the bottom floor, Aux approached his master and fell to one knee. "What is thy bidding, my master?"
    No Heart approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "We located where the final piece to the book is... A place called DisneyTown. I trust you won't run into any obstacles..."
    Aux lifted his head and without hesitation, he replied. "Consider it done."
    A small gust of wind blew out two of the candles in the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeless Group

Hikaru looked around to see if there was sign of anything. "Well, now what?" he thought.
    He took another quick glance around until his eyes met with a lanky yellow-orange dog that was sniffing along the ground. "Wait... is that..." the appearance of the dog matched the resemblance of the dog that was captured in the 'Mad Doctor' short. "Pluto?"
    The dog's ears lifted at the mention of his name. Before calling out again, he wondered if the dog remembered them. Maybe there was some anomaly that prevented their interference from preventing the present day version from recalling those events they had just left from. He was going to call out again, but the dog's ears lifted in the direction of the castle and he fled towards it.

"Hey, wait!" Pluto was already off and on his way to the castle.
    This dog was Mickey's closest friend from the looks of things in Timeless River.. Maybe he could lead them to mouse himself...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorcery Group

"What did he destroy?!" Pete asked in shock. "Just look at all that damage he created!" Pete pointed to a small dent on an otherwise perfectly maintained fruit cart.
    "And as for this little runts crimes... Off the top of my head I can think of obstruction o' justice, domestic violence, and even burglary!"
    "The only thing I 'stole,' was YOUR job apparently. You keep fighting them away from the castle, but I'm the only one cleaning up the streets!"
    "Oh are yah now?... Well you just added impersonatin' an officer to yer list of offenses!"
    "My maxie?... a criminal?" Goofy's eyes began to water. "Were you unhappy son? Oh, I left you with such a happy lookin' babysitter, though!" He began to blubber as he hugged his son tightly.
    Max rubbed his forehead in disappointment. "Dad, that was a scarecrow... And aside from that, I've been doing fine! Just leave s I can continue doing what I've been doing!" he barked.

As he yelled at his father, Soldier heartless ran in the background behind Pete towards the other parts of town. "See, there's more of them, I gotta go!" He pulled away from his father, only to be blocked by the Captain. "And just where do yah think you're going!

2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

The battle was finally over. It felt like an adventure but it was more than that. It gave everyone the opportunity to rethink of the reason they were here. Kross had not helped much and he was not in the best of moods even when they made their way back to Disneytown. Once there, he immediately separated himself from the group and made his way over to one of the benches. He took a seat, a lot was on his mind.

3. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Rain blinked a few times till her eyes adjusted to the bright colors that suddenly became visible. "Wow never thought I'd miss color so much" she didn't bother to look for a bench but rather dropped down from where she stood and stretched out her legs, happy to be back in Disney Town.

"Pluto?"

"Hm?" She turned her head and saw a yellowish dog looking back toward them and then ran off in the other direction as if it was in a hurry. It looked like the same one that Mickey tried to save in one of the films. "Uhh was that our cue to go follow him?"

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina hadn't said or done much during the discussion but soon she saw heartless, what Maxie seemed to be trying to fight off. However this captain person simply blocked Maxie when he tried to go help. Karina was already getting sick of this guy. "You know what...." Karina began as she walked towards the captain. When it seemed like she was about to speak again, she didn't. Instead Karina swiftly punched Pete in the face. "That's what. Now we are going to deal with those damn creatures that threaten to destroy everyone and you will not stop us or else I will do far more damage than that. I promise you." Karina said, summoning her keyblade and walking towards where the heartless were going.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen turned around to look at the others there, and the look of amusement on his face was fairly easy to see. "Quick question, but is this the first time we've all been in agreement with Karina? Because I don't know about you guys, but if she didn't do that then I was going to" he stated, before shrugging his shoulders and following after Karina.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

The next person to return to Disney Town was Kross, who quickly walked away from the two of them and towards one of the benches. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave Raisor on a bench till he was feeling like moving on his own. Kel had briefly looked around until he found another unoccupied bench nearby. He walked over to it and sat Raisor down. "I'll leave you here til you can walk on your own." After explaining himself, Kel walked off back towards the ink that lead to Country of Musketeers. Both Ananta and Steel still hadn't exited yet and while he had no clue just what Steel would do once he was back, Ananta he had a feeling would probably want to know where Kross was. So why not give her a helping hand. Kel briefly stretched his limbs before leaning on the wall next to the ink.

7. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Finally, the group visiting the colorless world had made it back to Disney Town. Blue eyes made sense of the world around, taking in the colors as they once had. A smile grew on the tall boy's lips, remaining as he took a few steps forward.

"Aaahh! I feels great to be back." he simply said.

"Well now what?" Hikaru's voice was heard.

D'daear was not looking at Hikaru, but merely taking in the plain scenery; not even bothering to look at the ink mark that they came from. Being in the monochrome world for so long, it just felt so refreshing to be able to see colors again. As a matter of fact, it felt good to come back to reality! He looked down at his hands to discover that his body had returned to normal. They had saved the old world; at least that's what the clues were pointing to, and now they were back in Disney Town. This called for some type of celebration! And what better way than to enjoy the festival!

"Honestly, I say we ju-" D'daear was about to say, but paused as Hikaru spoke.

"Pluto?"

The boy turned to Hikaru's general direction and noticed the yellow dog running off to who knows where. This was the first time the purple haired key wielder had laid eyes on Mickey's friend, but thanks to the memory windows they had all been watching the dog's identity was set in stone.

"Uhh was that our cue to go follow him?" Rain said.

Rain might have been right, however HE was not certain....and still....

Shrugging at Rain, he walked up to the group, "I wanted to enjoy the festival...but I guess this is as good as anything." he said, giving Aden, Luna, and Cailyn a quick glance before looking to Hikaru and Rain. "Might as well go see what Mickey's best friend is in such a hurry to get to. I'm sure most, if not, all of us are curious."

With that, he was off to follow Pluto; jogging as to maybe be able to catch a conversation with someone during the chase.

8. Krowley Moderator

Country of the Musketeers
    World Completion Bonus:
    Ananta completed 100% of the missions. Gained 400 EXP
    Kel completed 100% of the missions. Gained 400 EXP
    Kross completed 100% of the missions. Gained 400 EXP
    Raisor completed 100% of the missions. Gained 400 EXP
    Steel completed 100% of the missions. Gained 400 EXP

Kross leveled up! (24)
    Raisor leveled up! (24)

Musketeers Group

Upon their return to DisneyTown, The group that returned from the Country of the Musketeers found the streets to be surprisingly empty. Only three short feathered figures could be seen walking their way.

"Senor Donald. Who you no smile? You are back in your home town yes?" The red rooster asked.
    "Claro. You come from such a lively little town," the green Parrot agreed. "And yet your smile. She is upside down!"
    "Si Donald! If we travel to this world and cannot leave it is a sure sign that you have some unresolved business here!"
    Panchito and Jose were happily trying to lift Donald's spirits as per usual, but Donald wouldn't have it. "I told you, I hate it here! Something bad always happens!"
    "Oh I do not believe you!"
    "It's true! The whole reason I left was to get as far away from this place as possible!" Donald stopped when he saw Ananta and Steel with a new group of people since their last meeting in the 'Kingdom of the Sun.'
    "Oh no, not you guys!" he said in lament.
    Confused, Panchito widened his eyes at the sight which Donald had seen. "Hey hey! It's our amigos that turned things around for us!" The rooster raced up to steel and shook his hand with both wings. "Como estas? COMO ESTAS?!"
    Jose also approached Ananta and pecked her hand out of respect. "We owe you guys a lot. It is ever so good to see you once more senorita! And with more friends?"
    Donald's bill remained open during the re-introductions. "What are you talking about?! All they did was stop us from killing a llama!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

While Kel just stood around waiting three figures had started to walk up to them. One of which he recognized as Donald, but the other two birds he had no idea about. That said, Donald seemed to recognized two of them. Steel and Ananta to be exact. His reaction wasn't a pleasant one, more of a surprised one and not the good kind of surprise. "Who are you guys?" Kel asked the Spanish speaking birds that had walked up to Steel and Ananta.

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta was happy to finally be out of those itchy clothes. She fanned herself and made sure her jacket was on correctly before she untied her hair. Instead of tying it back, she let it flow freely behind her. Her mint hair reached to a bit below her bottom. Looking around, she watched her other companions head through the portal. "That world was tough, but I'm glad we got done with it. Hope everyone is in one piece?" she asked, holding her hands behind her head.

Hearing voices, she listened to see who they were. When they got closer, she recognized the voices and a smile crept across her face. Panchito, Donald, and Jose approached. Panchito shook Steel's hand while Jose pecked at Ananta's. A light blush crossed her face as she put a hand on her cheek. "You three are as nice and fun as ever." she said, giggling.

When Kel asked who they were, Ananta volunteered to introduce them. "These fine feathered friends of Steel and I are The Three Caballeros!" she said, letting them do whatever they wanted for a moment. "The green one is Jose. The red one is Panchito. And finally, we have Donald. We met them in The Kingdom of the Sun." she finished. "So what brings you guys here?" she asked them.

11. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Then he was in Disney Town.
    ... That's it. No transition, just... he was in the Country of the Musketeers and now he was in Disney Town. But that was understandable since he was late. He watched everyone just sort of do whatever while he played around with his phone. He couldn't really understand why Leo was so hung up on it. Sure, it had direct wireless access to a closed databank; from across entire worlds in fact. But the fact remained that other than that, it seemed to be nothing other than an ordinary cell phone. The professor was not the type of person to get so worked up over nothing (at least, not when it came to technology), so what was the big idea?

"Maybe I can use it to take pictures of the past. That would be so unique." He thought to himself rather sarcastically. Chuckling to himself silently as Kross walked past, he began to seriously consider: "I wonder if I can find that in the app store."

He was brought out of his thoughts when Jose, Donald, and Panchito appeared out of nowhere and greeted him and Ananta. The three were apparently having some form of argument again, but they quickly set it aside to greet their old companions. Steel returned Panchito's handshake with equal enthusiasm. "Bien Senor Panchito! BIEN! Y usted?" He returned the cheerful greeting as Ananta introduced the three of them to their other companions, with the possible exception of Kross. Everyone pretty much ignored what Donald said. Steel had to admit that he secretly agreed with the duck, but that didn't make being able to see the Three Caballeros any less of a nice surprise.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor was still stuck on the bench that Kross plopped him on, but he was only just beginning to move his body again. It was slowly and little bits at a time, along with a bit of pain with each movement, but at least he was able to move at all. You could almost relate his movements to a robot, given how jumpy and rigid it was. He had to make sure he trained more, because otherwise he was seriously going to end up in a bad situation. In his case, that bad situation was being carried around by Kross, helpless, and now he was stuck on a bench doing nothing. His personality could not let him sit still. He'd rather walk around aimlessly or train then not be doing anything.

The others were talking with three birds, one of which was Donald. He figured it was a different Donald than the one they were with in the previous world, since there's no way that one could have traveled out of the world on his own. It also seemed like he knew Ananta and Steel well enough, though maybe "well" wasn't the right word. Raisor just wondered why there were three random birds in the first place. In fact, the thought of birds was making him hungry, and he needed some kind of food, maybe a cheeseburger.

"Hey guys, did I just get forgotten over here? I might not be able to move, but you could at least pretend like you're introducing those three to me as well. Heck I didn't even hear you introduce me to them!" Raisor's face got a little red, irritated by the thought he had gotten forgotten again.

13. Krowley Moderator

Musketeers group

"As the senora pointed out, we are indeed Caballeros! Former banditos that have turned over a new leaf. While we are in Donald's home sweet home, we thought we would get some exploring done!" Panchito explained.
    "We've been doing pretty well for ourselves," Jose replied to Steel. "But we've actually been stuck para un poco. We came here via Panchito's magic sarape, but when the tour was done, we could not leave! Like something prevented us from leaving..."
    "So now we're stuck here in the last place I want to be right now." Donald lamented.
    "Oh come now Donald, at least we are in good company... Besides, you have not showed us this creepy laboratory you were muy scared of."
    "I was not scared!" He quacked. "It just gives me the creeps!"
    "Well whatever the heebie-jeebies may lie in there, I wish to face it head on with my sombrero held high!" Panchito crowed.
    "Claro. The rumours say a Mad Doctor did some experiments on many people. Really messed with their cabezas you know?"
    "And ever since we've returned, we hear that dark creatures have begun to pop upp, and that the doctor's lab has been generating power! Now we go to investigate!" Panchito pushed the reluctant Donald forward, as Jose joyfully followed.
    "I TOLD YOU I'M NOT GOING!"
    "But Donald, how will you face you fears?"
    "Claro. Ducks do not cluck. They Quack."
    "That's right Jose! Though it would make for a more entertaining rhyme scheme."
    "Claro." He agreed.
    Donald was continuously forced forward into the business district, digging his webbed feet into the ground to prevent them from moving onwards. "No No No No!" He cried out.

"DONALD FAUNTLEROY DUCK!" a woman's voice called.

"Uh-oh..." All three of the birds stopped and edged their heads at the sight of the person who stood in their way.
    A female duck stood there, tapping her heel against the ground with her arms folded. "You up and leave town for over a year, and then you come back without even so much as a note? Not even a call? How am I supposed to prepare for your return? As if you deserve it!"
    "No, no, Daisy! It wasn't like that. I was going off with my cousins and helping them out and just lost track of time..."
    "Is that so? it's bad enough you left me here worried sick, but you didn't even have the decency to tell me where you were going!"
    "Of course not! You weren't supposed to even know about-"
    "WHAAAAAAAAAAATT!!"
    "No, wait I just wasn't going to tell you- I-I mean!" He turned back to Jose and Panchito, praying that one of them would save him.
    "Don't look at us Don. Even I'm not brave enough to go against that." Panchito pointed out.
    "You're darn right!" Daisy pointed out. "But it's not like I've just been waiting around for you or anything. When Scrooge and his nephews left for the summer, he placed me in charge of all his local businesses while he's been away. So I suppose you could say I want from a lady in waiting, to a businesswoman in training," she let out a small sophisticated chuckle. And seeing as how the Doctor's run down lab is part of his property values, I forbid you from even going there as punishment!"

Donald's face lit up. "Hooray!!!" He looked back at his cousins to see they were unimpressed. "Oh... I mean; Darn! Too bad guys! Welp, guess we'll just have to go somewhere else for today.
    Panchito grinner as he concocted an alternative solution.
    "Hey Daisy, let's a day, senor Donald could make it up to you?"
    "He could?" Daisy asked.
    "I could?" Donald asked in worry.

"If you let all of our amigos pass forth to investigate, then I promise on the life of senor Donald..."
    "HEY!"
    "-That he will escort you on the most enchanting date of your young feathered life!"
    "I'll do wha-!" Jose covered his mouth before Donald could interject.
    "Oh yes, he's been thinking about you a lot and was planning a big surprise after we do this little itty bitty thing. Then he's all yours Daisy!" Jose clarified, still keeping a firm grip over Donald's mouth.
    Daisy arched an eyebrow as she placed a winged finger to her chin. "Hmmm... well it has been a while since we did anything alone together." Daisy smiled as she walked past them. "Alright. It's a deal.| She threw the keys to the lab at Panchito. "Just be sure to lock up when you're done... And don't touch anything! Who knows what that nutcase didn't turn off..."

Once she was out of site, Jose released an angry Donald.
    "What did you do that for! I don't want a date!"
    Panchito smacked Donald across his cheek. "No cousin of mine shall be ungrateful for receiving a well prepared evening. Now come! We have investigating to do!"
    Catching up to the rooster, Jose posed a question. "Say uh Panchito... what happens if she is willing, but Donald is not?"
    "Heh heh, do not worry Jose, that was merely to win her favor! Besides, it's a date with DONALD. Like she'll even remember..."

"Hey!" Donald quacked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeless group

The group reached the castle gates, where Horace and Pluto were comforting a terrified Minnie.
    "What went wrong your majesty?" Horace asked.
    "That monster it was... huge! And so hideous! He just stormed in and kept calling my name!" While the acting Queen tried to regain her senses, Pluto barked at the castle doors, and ran through them. Unafraid of whatever beast laid on the other side.
    "No, Pluto wait!" Minnie called out.
    Sadly for her, the dog had already long gone. "Oh no... Mickey will never forgive me if I let anything happen to poor Pluto..."
    "Look your majesty!" Horace exclaimed at the site of the keybladers. "It's the bunch of heroes from earlier."
    "O-Oh! I do wish I could give that tour I promised, but right now we have a big, BIG problem on our hands!"
    Horace scratched his head. "I don't really know what she means, but if the Queen is sure of what she saw, I wouldn't doubt it for a second." He walked a few feet and slowly whispered to them. "Sorry to ask like this, but do you think you could see what's up? I'd go if the Queen's heart weren't so valuable..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorcery group

Goofy followed Max until the heartless led them to a small plaza just outside the Rumble Racing track.
    The soldier heartless marched dingle file to a tall, lanky figure in a black coat, his face concealed by his hood.
    "What?! Empty handed again? What's the point of keeping you little mooks around if you can't find one measly-" He looked up to see he had attracted the attention of the father and son duo, along with those that followed them. "And you brought an audience? Seriously, why do I even bother..."
    "So you're the one behind them!" Max accused. "Who are you... and why are you doing this!"
    "First name; Noneyah! Last name; business! Now if you don't mind, I'm behind schedule as it is. I need to find me a mouse, a book, and hot date!" The man in the black coat summoned an incomplete keyblade of people's hearts. "Now scram before I hafta get messy!"

14. Glen Returned from the dead

"Well, can't tell you where the mouse is, there's probably a library around here somewhere, and right here's your hot date" Glen said, prodding Karina to go forward. Hopefully she caught onto the plan; if they could get close, perhaps they would find out more about Noneyah. What an odd name.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina wanted to grumble and growl but stopped as she realized that this could work to their advantage. If she could act as his hot date then perhaps she could get some proper information on all this. "Well I mean if you really need a date I guess I am free. And my brother keeps trying to set me up with everyone, may as well please him, give it a try and shut him up. So what do you say. Would you like to go on a date?" Karina asked as she batted her eyelashes at him and giving him the sweetest face she could manage. She stepped closer to him. "You know you are kind of hot and you probably would be more so if you let me see your face.." She stated as she looked at his keyblade. "And isn't that a unique looking keyblade. Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing the history behind that with me sometime." Karina kept her voice light and innocent.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

After responding to what Ananta and Steel had said, the three birds had went back to discussing things to themselves, though they weren't speaking in a tone for just their ears. The mentioning of a laboratory had caught Kel's interest. In fact the more they mentioned it, the curiouser about it got. At what he thought would be a good time to ask about it Kel started to speak, but he was cut off by a much louder voice directed at Donald. He didn't know who the female duck was, but he wasn't about to get in the middle of the quarrel that was going on between the two of them. Donald's avian friends eventually made a compromise that involved Donald going out on a date with Daisy and while Donald wasn't all for that idea, they had accomplished their goal of gaining access to the laboratory. So let's try this again. "You guys mind if we tag along in the investigate?" The others were welcome to refuse if they didn't want to, but it wasn't like there was much else for them to do here at the moment.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor got off the bench he was on and walked over to the group and three birds. He had heard the conversation that had gone on, but didn't udnerstand a word of it. The most he gathered was that Donald was in it deep with that female duck, and the other two birdies wanted to check out some kind of lab. Raisor wasn't sure he really wanted to look at a mad scientist's lab, but since they had nothing better to do. Not too mention, if he didn't go, he was going to get stuck alone with nothing to do, and that would not make Raisor's day.
    "I'll come check out this lab. No idea why you want to go, but it'll kill some time." He meekly walked over to the group, managed to take small steps at a time. At least he was even able to move at this point, which was better than not moving at all.

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta watched as a female duck came along and yelled at Donald. Apparently her name is Daisy and now she has a date with Donald at a later point. When her comrades came forward with wanting to go to this laboratory, Ananta shrugged. "Sounds interesting, I'd love to see what kinda technology a laboratory on such a happy world could have." she said. It was then that she noticed Raisor and how painfully labored his walking was. "Oh jeez, how long have you been like this?" she asked him, bringing Cure magic to her hands and massaging his shoulders. She was careful to massage his neck especially, letting the magic seep into his body and distribute through his nerves from his neck.

"This is a trick I learned from my grandma. It should work for you. Your strained muscles, if I'm sure that's what's wrong, should start to feel better and you should be able to walk a little better." she smiled.

@Iskandar

19. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce followed after Goofy and his son, chasing the heartless until they came to a hooded figure. He began to chew out the heartless for not doing its job properly, a pretty clear indication that he was the one letting the things loose. Beuce summoned his keyblade for the likely event they'd have to fight this guy. He taunted them, before summoning a rather peculiar keyblade. It looked dark, but incomplete. If he had a keyblade and was looking for the book, along with Mickey, then there was a good chance he was with the apprentices. There was nothing to say that the ones they'd encountered were the only ones that existed. A bead of sweat dropped down the back of Beuce's neck. If he were a strong as Nequa, they didn't stand a ghost of a chance. (Hah!...Why is that funny?)

Then Karina tried to seduce him. This had to be the stupidest plan he'd ev-...Scratch that, not even close. Well, there was a pretty good chance that they couldn't beat him in a fight. If Karina wanted to try and get with him for information, then awesome. Granted the likelihood of him falling for it was next to none, but whatever. Go Karina! Embrace your inner slut!

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor felt a little guilty as Ananta began using her Cure spell on him. He had always pushed himself through his troubles on his own, trying not to cause problems for others ever since the accident, and even before he never allowed anyone to help him for fear of showing weakness. After joining on this journey he'd gotten better at accepting help, but using magic on him for a problem he caused himself just didn't seem right.

"Thanks for the help Ananta." Raisor looked to the sky as he thought about how he had come to this point. "This is actually only the second time I've been weakened like this. My brother and sister taught me how to fight with two really strong sword skills, but they both were completely different. One used strength and power to overwhelm his opponents while the other used speed to precision to finish of hers. It's useful being able to fight with both, but since they're completely opposite fighting styles, if I used them together, well, you see the result. It puts too much strain on my body. Guess I need to train more before I can live up to their expectations."

Raisor moved his shoulders, cracking them in place, feeling much better after the Cure. He knew he would have to share his secret soon enough, but he might have it wait till a little later. Right now they weren't doing anything dangerous, and he didn't feel like causing any stress.

@Usagi Tsukino