Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Keywielders had mowed through over half of the macabre undead dancers now, and the sight gave Aden a new energy. He was by no means a dancer, but the rhythm of the skeletons' song was infectious, and he found himself moving to the beat even so.

He slid to the side, striking one skeleton, then ducked as another flew at him from behind, causing it to collide with the first one and fall into a heap. The two bone warriors stood up again after some effort and reconstruction, only to glance at each other, make shrieking expressions, and quickly swap skulls. Unfortunately for them, they had only barely re-affixed their heads onto their shoulders when they were removed once again by a chopping motion from Aden's Keyblade. The skulls rolled away and their bodies chased after, only to fall into a pit and fall apart once more.

Almost immediately, though, another group of skeletons had banded together and were rushing Aden as one. "Huh," he said. "It's odd; these skeletons seem to be rather smart...you know..." He grinned deviously and leaned back against a tombstone. "For not having any brains."

The skeletons, incensed, charged him even more furiously. Aden cracked his neck in anticipation and braced his feet against the tombstone, almost as if preparing for a foot race. (Closer...closer...) he thought. (Come on...)

And as the group of five skeletons were within spitting distance (n-not that Aden had ever learned how to spit long-distance from the older boys back home, no, sir), he sprang forward into the midst of them, bowling them over as if they were pins. Before they could fully recover, Aden stabbed the sky with his Keyblade as the music around them seemed to crescendo. "Thunder!"

Electricity split the sky above them. Instantly, bolts struck the skeletons--one, two, three, four, five--and they went down.

Aden picked up a charred skull from the ground. "Alas, poor fellow," he sighed melodramatically. "I knew him well."

Unamused, the skull glowered up at him and bit his fingers. "OW!" The skull leapt from his hand and tried to bounce away, but Aden, annoyed, punted the cranium high into the air. It seemed to vanish with a twinkle. Satisfied, Aden rushed off towards the nearest Keywielder--Luna, as it so happened--to see how he could help there.

/ / 34/100 skeletons remaining
    EXP Writer I: 390 words = 19 EXP
    (64 total)

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kel let out a sigh of relief when all of the heartless were defeated. They may have been easy to deal with individually, but as a group they were just a nuisance. Again, least they were easy to deal with. Before he could say anything to the others, a familiar voice was heard approaching them from the distance. Turning towards the direction, Kel saw Mickey, Donald and Goofy approaching them. On one hand it looked liked they'd handled themselves quite well against whoever had attacked the carriage while they were fighting the heartless which was good and all, but on the other hand why were they here and not with the princess?

His question would soon be answered in the form of Donald getting all down and depressed and Goofy bawling his eyes out as a result. This seemed familiar in a way, the depression anyway. Wait no, both the depression and the crying just completely different circumstances. Both Donald and Goofy sat there until Mickey have given them some words of encouragement, which again was quite familiar. His words had reignited the fire inside them that had wanted them to be musketeers in the first place.

"If were still dressed as musketeers, then we should at least finish our first job as one." Kel said, following behind the trio. Well right now it was more like duo and the guy being dragged along for the ride. Poor Donald. Hopefully he'd be in a better mindset by the time they rescued the Princess, however long it took them to get there. Speaking of which, where did they even take her in the first place?

1/7 Post Done

3. Aelin Best Waifu

"Team work. Yeah lets go with that." Karina mumbled fully aware of her teams shortcomings in that department. Soon enough they went to another world, with more things attacking them. This was supposed to be music, it was supposed to be calming, but no. Although it was funny that they where attacking Glen. The plants really didn't seem to like him. Despite her dislike for him herself Karina did say she wanted to atone for her shortcomings so here was the best place to start. "Consider this an apology." Karina said to Glen as she attacked one of the plants that was about to attack him and then stepping behind him to keep an eye on his back so nothing would surprise them. "Lets just hope we can find this piece quick and get out of here cause these things don't seem to like backing off." Karina sounded more than unimpressed as she spoke about the plant things that where attacking around them. Either way it didn't matter fighting could help get some of her anger out possibly.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Looking around her, Ananta noticed all the heartless were gone. Her group was successful in completing their mission. She smiled, happy that they were done fighting for the moment. Turning around, she saw Donald, Goofy, and Mickey running towards their group. From what they said, the Princess was now gone and needed to be rescued. Of course, at first they were all sad. Understandable, since they were so set on trying to protect the Princess after all. Ananta understood what it felt like to not be able to protect something you cared for. Shaking her head, she followed Mickey and Goofy as they dragged poor Donald behind them.

Turning, she noticed Kross still had a sullen look from earlier. Not wanting to leave him hanging, she walked along beside him. "Hey Kross. Sorry about earlier, I was trying to talk to Steel, but apparently he doesn't want to speak with me. Are you going to be okay?" she asked him, frowning a little. "Oh, I had something I wanted to give you...but I lost it. It was in that bag of food I got for us back in Disneytown. Now it's gone...I'm sure I stuck it in my pocket, but I'm not sure...did you see it?" she asked him.

5. Skyheart Joker

With his rain of lightning having done minimal damage, Stratos decided to first study what his foes were capable of. Looking at them, straight from a glance the only thing he could tell was that they were indeed plant like heartless. Well this seemed to be quite the thorough investigation so far. Though on closer inspection he noticed that they were kind of...big. Granted he had never seen any type of flower based heartless before, but even so, he was sure that this kind of heartless was much more on the large size than any other in its family. Then there was the fact that, being plants, the didn't really move at all. Just sort of wobbled back and forth in place, with that weird jagged mouth on its face and completely unchanging expression. In fact, looking at their vacant, expressionless faces, he had a feeling of deja vu. Almost as if there had been a heartless prior with that same sort of motif. Shaking off that feeling, he continued to look onward as he decided that it would be slightly ironic to kill these things with zantetsuken. Flower petals and all. As he prepped up the motion for it, he suddenly remembered that it was currently impossible in his new found for. Well that was annoying.

He then watched onward as Karina stepped up to the plate to do her take on problem solving and fighting. That is to say, beat the shit out of everything with her magical pipe that was strangely good at cutting things. However, this time what she did was pretty, well not surprising, but more so indicative of her new found resolve as she had struck at the heartless who seemed to be attacking Glen. Actually, now that he thought about it, these heartless just did not seem to like the poor guy in the slightest. Regardless, she seemed to want to make amends with the guy, which was more than Stratos would have actually expected prior to them getting here. He was starting to think that this would be the time where they didn't nearly kill each other. Then Karina mentioned something about finding the piece quickly to which Stratos said, "well we know where it is. It's right there." He then pointed to the glowing piece with the heartless that Mickey had pointed out earlier. "Granted, we probably have to take care of all of these heartless anyway. Can't just leave them here to muck about as they see fit."

Spinning his keyblade around, Stratos set his sights on one of the poison plants that were just bobbing around, and got ready to take it out. Stopping his blade and then pointing it straight towards the plant, he thought of using one spell that would be super effective against it. It was at this point that heat started to gain around the keyblade tip, with sparks gathering all around until a ball of fire was formed. Noting the difference in strength between it and the regular fire spell, Stratos launched the Fira orb straight at the plant. Once the attack landed, both the spell and the heartless had exploded in a glorious blaze of flame. It was then immediately replaced by another poison plant heartless that had seemed to appear out of thin air and dark portals. It was at this point that Stratos realized that fighting enemies in waves rather than all at once was infinitely more annoying. At least in the former option he knew how much he and the rest of the team had to get rid of in order to complete the objective. This was just a seemingly never ending amount. Oh well.

617 Words, 30 EXP
    Total EXP: 60
    Total Bonus Munny: 60
    Break Even: 2/34

3/12

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  6. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

By this point it was noticeable that the graveyard was getting cleared out from the mobs of skeletons. They've come a long way but it was almost over. Just a few more. The bit of dancing that she was doing during the fights made her more tried than she would normally. "As much as I want to rest, I cannot give up now" her grip tightened on the handle as more skeletons came into view. There were a few different ones but the majority looked alike. It sometimes made her wonder that the skeletons that they've defeated stayed lifeless or came back to life making it appear that there was more. "Wish there was some way to speed- Whaaa!" She tripped over a femur bone which stuck out from the ground. "..ugh out of all the places.." Her attention was then caught by a lifeless skeleton resting on top of a stone with a similar bone that caused her fall in hand.
    "That's it!" She quickly reached over to grab the bone from its hand. "Thanks.You sure can come in handy sometimes"she shook the skeletons hand then rose to her feet. "They say bones are stronger than concrete so it should hold up still" Rain charged towards a group of three aiming at their rib cage with both key and bone in hand. Once breaking through she then opened her arms wide to tear it apart followed by knocking the heads off the two which stood on the sides. Their headless bodies staggered comically backward as they then collided with their fellow friends."I'm not done with you yet!" She rolled behind to then jump upwards with a v like slash. Bones fell and bounce all around the ground catching the attention of even more. "I've killed about six this time. Huh, should've duel wielded with a bone a while ago. I just hope It can withstand more blows." With her newly odd second weapon, the finish line seemed closer than ever.

6 skeletons= 18 BP
    28/100: skeletons Left

7. Glen Returned from the dead

"Apology?" Glen echoed. He'd had one hell of a day so far. He'd been nearly killed by Karina, he'd gone chasing after fairies, seen Karina develop a soul, been just about killed by a fireball flinging Beucefilous (which he narrowly survived by diving off of the back of the dinosaur), and he had been targeted horribly by all the heartless around him at that moment. All of that couldn't have possibly prepared him for an apology from Karina though. Was she really that bad of a person after all? His head hurt. Too much thinking, not enough drinking. Taking another big gulp of his alcohol, he immediately felt a little better.

The music piece. It was all the fault of that bloody musical piece, and that soul manipulating mouse. Mickey was nice enough, but he was causing far too much change in Karina to be a regular mouse. He was probably a wizard, casting spells of friendship and comradery and...holy crap, he was the gay Yen Sid! "I'll get the piece! Protect me, cover me and I'll save everything!" he shouted, before charging at the poison plant that had the music piece, determined to obtain it and erase all thought from his mind.

4/12

8. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Glen: Noun. A secluded narrow valley. Base knew that definition. They appeared to be in a glen besieged by floral foes. They needed a good flouncing. Wait, would that be pruning? The beings who lived in this part of the world seemed to be part beautiful women from the waist up. Everything below that was either a zebra, a donkey, but most were horses. They'd ran off when the Heartless came knocking, but this was where they lived. No one was getting displaced on Base's watch. Not even Glen, who shared a name with a secluded, narrow type of valley.

Stratos seemed to agree with him... even though Base hadn't said anything. Then he was agreeing with Stratos. They needed to get rid of all the Heartless, and not just the one they needed something from. It would prove to be a difficult brawl. The Heartless had a natural advantage, surrounded by foliage and being foliage. They'd be able to use the environment to their advantage and- He was right. His stream of thought cut off when a vine wrapped around his leg. Not only that, but he received a swift kick to the face from one of the twirling Tornado Steps. Held in place, Base recovered from the attack and rebuffed the turn-around troublemaker; one swift strike from his Star Seeker, and the Heartless burst like a bubble of dismal confetti. Another vine wrapped around his ankle, and the minions rushed him. They preyed on his perceived restraint. He proved each of them wrong with Fire. Each one popped and burned, but there were two more to replace every one. He had great stores of magical retention, but he could sustain it only so long. Sooner or later, he'd have to wait for them to come within blade's reach, and the vines were scrapping his locked ankles.

"A bit of assistance, if you please! I'm afraid the big, ugly one caught me off guard." Base shouted while casting. He shot one projectile of flame at the Poison Plant, but it seemed to have too much health to budge. He hacked at the vines, but they were like steel and it would take cutting off the source to loosen. He aimed a Fire spell at the tinier enemies, but he'd reached the exhaustion point. He maintained composure. Just because he'd run out of magical energy did not mean that he was out of the Will to Fight. He slashed at the steppers as they stepped to him. They jumped and spun, trying to kick him but he blocked their advances. He worked until he'd achieved something of a berzerker "zen". He bore his teeth, his face red, his hair tousled, and he was more the sight of perserverance than he'd been before. It was a turning point. He was, at a recent time, close to swallowed by a Tyranosaurus. He'd fought many manners of beasts throughout his journey, and he was beyond accustomed. He enjoyed ridding the worlds of evil. He fought the lackeys when they needed to be dealt with, but the Heartless were different. The Heartless were not uneducated and misguided, they were tools of darkness.

He understood all this. He slayed them one after another, even when he received a brutal kick or two. He fought with valor, even if a bit enraged. He wasn't sure how he looked. He wasn't paying attention to that. He didn't even notice when he broke free from the Poison Plant's clutches. Free, he did a number on the minions, and made his way to the main target. He bashed and smacked the Poison Plant, but it stayed resolute. It wasn't going to fall, no matter how much just Base unleashed on it.

OOC:
    622 words= 30+ EXP
    5/12

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Drinking, always with that drink here in this world. What was he doing? It didn't matter anyhow she just had to kill heartless which happened to mean protecting Glen as well. Sure why not that was fine. Karina stuck to her strategy of brute strength to take out heartless after heartless, their vines wrapping around her legs as she fought, thistles tearing at her skin as well. Karina grit her teeth as she swung her keyblade down and took out the heartless that where near her feet. As Karina was distracted by the heartless that prevented her from protecting Glen, that lunatic decided ti would be a fabulous idea to take off running for the piece assuming everyone was in a position to protect him. "Damn it Glen." Karina mumbled under her breath.

A few more swings down and she was off running. Karina chasing after the drunken maniac known as Glen. It was a hell of a job trying to watch someones back when their back kept moving on her. A strike raid was used to take out the heartless trying to attack before Karina could reach Glen. When she did however she then had to focus on both running and rending off the things around them, this proved a more difficult task than it seemed. It wasn't long before Karina was tripped by a plant and lying flat on her face instead of protecting Glen. Well this didn't make things easier. Karina wasn't even given the chance to get up by the flowers. "I'll hold them off here I guess, distract them." Karina said through grunts and grumbles as she tried to fight the plant life around her off.

10. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The keyblade was swung horizontally while D'daear pivoted on his heels, creating a sort of windmill like attack. By using the keyblades weight, he had created a sort of hammer throw like momentum. Three sixty degrees was the blade swung while the boy swung with all his might. Skulls went flying into the air; about five to be exact. In a matter of seconds the attack was over, and D'daear was left dazed in place. Feet took one step after the other while legs did their best to keep the boy standing, however from the looks of things it would be impossible. With one misstep, the keyblade wielder tripped on himself and fell onto his rear end. Black dot for eyes ping ponged around white retinas. He regretted having done that, but not as much as the skeletons. The vile critters walked about headless, all searching in vain for their heads. It took a while for the dizziness to pass, but it did. When D'daear came to senses, the area had been cleared of skeletons. "Huh.." he uttered as he stood. The numbers had indeed waned. What was once a horde of them was now nothing more than a few. Wanting to finish off the headless Skeletons, he went ahead and finished them off. They were no real threat anymore, so he figured all he had to do was merely dispose of them. Simple Horizontal swings took care of them, resulting in piles of bone. He walked past their defeated pieces and posed victoriously. Keyblade rested on shoulder while a hand rested on hips. Nostrils flared, releasing a puff of visible air. He felt mighty, so mighty in fact that when a forgotten headless skeleton came wandering by, D'daear merely put a foot in front of it in order for it to trip to pieces. He didn't even bother to watch.

"I need some help here!"

D'daear quickly turned around to see Luna being restrained by Skeletons. Chest puffed and brows furrowed indignantly. A friend needed help. He gave Aden a quick glance as he noticed the keywielder advance towards Luna to help. Splendid! The more help there was, the faster they'd get this over with. Running up to help Luna, D'daear swung his keyblade at the first skeleton he saw close to Luna. That was one down, and some more to go.

7 skeletons defeated!

21/100 Skeleton lefts

393 words = 19 Exp

Total Exp: 109 exp

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  11. CrownMoksha Decimo

After walking for quite a bit Kel looked towards Mickey and decided to ask him something. "So do you know where the princess is being held at?" They seemed to be walking in the direction of something, but was it where the princess was being held or just something that happened to be at the end of this long road. He wasn't trying to doubt the trio, but it didn't change how he wanted to make sure.one

3/7 posts done

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel was glad to find the find the fight finally over. He turned to talk to the others and was interupted by Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. The three of them seemed to be in quite a panic, as the princess had been kidnapped... shockingly enough. All hope seemed lost, but a bright light of inspiration set the heroes back on their chosen path! So the group of eight began walking along the road; determined to find princess Minnie. So with all that out of the way, he turned to Ananta to continue to the conversation from befoe the battle but was stopped cold by her words to Kel. He froze in his steps as well, causing the majority of the group to walk past him as he pondered. "How to react to this?"

Really, he could see why, she might think he didn't want to continue the conversation... though her wording was kind of irratating. Really, tons of interuptions and she always skips straight to Kross whenever an interuption because apparently he didn't care. He honestly wondered how she was aware of this: it wasn't like she had asked him. "But this is all pointless." He decided quietly as he began walking again. "My limited ability to interact is what's ultimatley causing all of this; that and my attempted overcompensation for said limited ability." He shrugged. If she was so quick to say he didn't care, then obviously she didn't care that much herself. So why bother?

He could probably just do his own thing outside of any comments that were directly addressed to him, maybe he could just be the silent person who always had their mind on something in their past? His hand rose to his chin as he discarded the idea; he talked a bit too much to be that kind of person. Oh well, he could continue to think about it as he trailed behind the group, and he could cover the rear while he was at it: a win, win situation.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  13. CrownMoksha Decimo

Despite not having an answer to his question just yet, Kel continued to venture in the direction that they'd started going in. He wasn't going to actually just stop moving forward and wait for someone to give him an answer to his question before moving on, which meant that the only thing that he could really do was to keep on walking while having faith in them.

5/7 Posts Done

14. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce barely had time to breathe before the next portion of the world began. Well, he didn't know what kind of book Mickey was reading to put them through all this, but it seemed to have a lot of naked women in it. I mean, Beuce wasn't about to start complaining about an abundance of naked women, but god this was some book. They all appeared to be bathing. However, as they raised themselves out of the water, it was revealed that they weren't exactly normal ladies. From the waist down, they had the bodies of horses. So, they were Brohum. Centaurs, rather. He'd killed quite a few Brohum. It was a trial to become a Fenris Fang that they be hunted to seemingly near extinction to take medals from their bodies. It was a brutal task, but Beuce had done it nonetheless, just like every other member of the elite group of soldiers. He'd even helped Flame and Dane both accomplish the task, yet there always seemed to be more of the things. He had no idea where they kept coming from. It was like they just appeared out of thin air or something. The thought of killing these for old time's sake crossed his mind, but it wasn't long before a new target for his wrath showed up.

A large swarm of heartless appeared, most of which he'd encountered before. He saw some tornado steps in the battle of a thousand heartless, and the plants were similar enough to the ones he'd fought during his time in wonderland, if a different breed. Did heartless have breeds...? Probably. In any case, one of the plants seemed larger and stronger than the rest, and it held the piece they were after. "Plants vs Daevas huh? Well let me tell you somethin' pal. I've seen this match up before, and it's not pretty for you." He'd referred to himself as a Daeva...Ever since he'd told his story to Kross, he'd been thinking of his homeworld. More and more, the memories of it stirred within him. When he'd left it behind, he thought it best to forget the past. It brought him nothing but pain to think of his friends. Of Asmodae, the homeland he no longer had. But...maybe that was wrong. Atreia was part of him. He still lived. The Asmodians weren't utterly destroyed. He still lived, and as he lived, so did Asmodae. He would no longer turn from his past. No sooner had this thought struck him, something stirred inside him. It was strange, like something was coming to the surface which had lied dormant in him for a long time. This had happened before, when he had become a soldier. What seemed like a black mist began to surround him. If one didn't know what was happening, a logic assumption might be that Beuce was being overtaken by darkness. However, this was not the case. Not in the typical sense at least.

The mist surrounded him entirely, obscuring him from vision. It wasn't long before that mist ignited, turning to a dark fire all around him, before bursting into a cloud of smoke. The first thing to emerge from the smoke was a single wing. Skeletal in the structural appearance, with torn skin spanning between the bones. Second, a twin to the first wing, making them a pair. Batting a few time, they cleared the smoke slightly. The figure that stepped forward was very, very different from the typical Beuce. First off, his hair was the same color, but significantly longer. His bangs were draped across his right eye, while the sides of it stretched down to the bottom of his neck. In the back, it was tied into a long ponytail, stretching down into his upper back. His face was hidden by a sinister black mask, from behind which piercing red eyes could be seen, with almost a glow of the same color. The sign of an angered Asmodian. His clothing was a long flowing black robe, complete with armor in various spots around it. A crimson chest plate emblazoned with the image of Marchutan across the front of it, with black shoulder guards to each side. A fluffy mass of black fur wrapped around the back of his neck as part of the outfit. The armor offered little protective value, and was manly used as a decorative piece of legions who had achieved a certain rank among the Asmodian population. Separate from his legion uniform was his legion cloak. A black piece of fabric flowing from his back, a cape, marked with the blood red symbol of his legion, The Thirteenth Order.

His clothing aside, Beuce's physical appearance had changed significantly. His hands and feet were now sharp. They had claws rather than fingertips, as visible through the leather gloves Beuce wore. Down his back was a streak of fur. Not part of the outfit, but a mane of hair which extended down to about his knees after it left his back. If one didn't see the entire thing, it could be mistaken for a smooth white tail. "I thought I'd never get this back." Beuce said, excited at the new transformation. "I was getting sick of that other appearance. It reminded me too much of the Elyos. The Reians had it too, so it wasn't surprising to find out that when i left my world, the Asmodian look went. But damn it's good to have it back. What you all see here...This is my true form. My natural state on Atreia." He had the look back, much to his joy...but he wondered if he had his powers as a sorcerer with it. Perfect timing, his targets began to surround him. Plants and Tornado Steps alike began crowding around the newly transformed Beuce.

"Do you know what happens to plants when they're set on fire?"

A flame lit up in his hand. The magical power contained in the spell was well beyond anything Beuce had previously displayed at any point in time. It was more or less the magical equivalent of the strength he'd displayed in his soldier form. With a flick of the wrist, what appeared to be an arrow of fire was hurled at a nearby plant, incinerating it instantly. He gave a chuckle. He was a sorcerer once again.

"The same thing that happens to everything else."

7/12 posts

600+ words, 30 exp total.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

From the ground Karina looked on in a state of awe as Beuce went through hos transformation into something that appeared much greater than before but also a lot more fearful. She didn't know what to think of it all, his new look sent shivers down her spine. He looked like something out of a children's story parents would read to scare their children into behaving. Karina soon turned her back to continue struggling with the creatures around her not daring to look into the glowing red eyes that Beuce now pertained. His look was sinister, some thought she was bad but him like this... They shouldn't worry about her.

As Karina still struggled to fight from the ground, not being given the chance to stand up, she heard Beuce start to talk. His words where serious but the tone, the voice itself was the only familiar thing that remained. Karina focused on the words for a moment, he was in a state of which he had been in when he left his home world? How was that possible? Another moment of awe struck her as she looked at how powerful he seemed, how important he must have been from where he was from, meanwhile she was nothing, a scum bag, a waste of space. She didn't belong here people like him did.

His flames burnt the flowers around Karina that where attacking her as well. She looked upon Beuce once more as she stood up, not allowing herself to be intimidated by him. "I guess I owe you one again." Karina said as she rubbed the back of her neck. However there was no time to linger on this, plants kept attacking Glen and she did say she would keep them off of him. "Gotta run." She stated as she took off after Glen. Karina didn't know what had happened to Beuce or if it would turn out good or bad but whatever happened she was in his debt and would honour that. At least there was something in her life she would honour.

8/12

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

"I've got you, Luna!" Aden called to the Keywielder, running, as she called for help. D'daear, however, to his surprise, sped past him and got to the scene before he could, immediately smashing his Keyblade into one of the skeletons holding Luna down. Had everyone's appearance not been caricatured upon entering the world, Aden would probably be admiring how D'daear moved as he ran, or as he swung his Keyblade, the intense expression on his face...

As it was, though, D'daear currently had noodle limbs, and had a goofy big-eyed face. (...Why am I even thinking about this?!) Aden wondered to himself, bewildered at the brazenness of his own mind. He shook the thoughts off, then sprang at the mass of skeletal warriors. First things first...

Shoving through the throng, he grabbed Luna around her waist, Keyblade flashing to help her ward off would-be attackers. "My apologies, I don't think we've had the pleasure of ever really officially meeting," he said casually. He raised his Keyblade in the air as the skeletons started to close in around them, then shouted, "Gravity!"

Instantly, the skeletons were flung skyward. "I'm Aden. Your name is Luna, right?" he introduced himself, stepping back from her and inclining his head briefly in respect. "I think that should make these skeletons much easier to dispatch. Ready to put an end to this?"

No matter how many times he used the Gravity trick on these skeletons, to Aden's amusement, they always seemed surprised and caught off-guard. (I really ought to use this spell more often...)

Aden clambered onto the nearest tombstone and grabbed the ankle of the nearest airborne skeleton. He swung his arm back, to the skeleton's dismay, then hurled it into the swarm of floating skeletons. Two of the skeletons immediately dropped on collision with each other and rained down onto the ground in pieces. A couple of limbs fell off of a third, and it spun lazily in the air as it furiously tried to reorient itself. Aden carefully aimed at the skeleton, then threw his Keyblade as if it were a javelin. The Keyblade caught the skeleton and plunged into the ground, trapping the skeleton. Aden hopped off of the tombstone, ran over to the trapped skeleton, judged some distances, then kicked its skull into the distance. Unable to get up to retrieve the skull, the skeleton briefly struggled before going limp. Satisfied, Aden reached to grab his Keyblade, only to be tackled from the side by another skeleton.

Though he had had the wind knocked out of him, he still found it in him to be sarcastic. (Lea really DID rub off on me...) "Oh, no, whatever will I do?" he mock-lamented. "I over here, and my weapon all the way over there!" The skeleton seemed to be ignoring him. How rude. "If only I could summon it to my hand, as if by magic--oh, wait." A flash of light, and then the Keyblade swept through the skeleton's ribcage, causing it to collapse in on itself. "I'd tell you that you really ought to use your eyes better, but...you know." Aden shoved the pile of bones off of him, and shot a Fire spell through three more skeletons that were running single-file towards D'daear.

He turned to the remaining skeletons. "I don't suppose you'd like to surrender, would you?" he asked.

The skeletons gave what seemed as though it were supposed to be a war cry, though it really came out as more of a chittering noise as their jaws clacked together.

Aden sighed. "Very well. You brought this on yourselves."

/ / 14/100 skeletons remaining
    EXP Writer I: 600 words = 30 EXP (94 total)

17. Skyheart Joker

It was man vs plant vs a variety of other heartless that had spawned in. While originally he had only seen small plant type heartless, accompanied by the much larger one who was holding their note piece, there were some kinds of heartless that were just sort of waddling and around and flinging themselves at people. Tornado Steps, as they were apparently named. Well, they didn't appear to prove any more of a threat over the other kinds of heartless that they had encountered prior (save for zip slashers and behemoths, both of which were much more threatening,) he figured it wouldn't prove to be any sort of different when he went in to take them down. With the tornado step heartless flinging themselves at the young boy, he went to do something that indeed realized he could still do. That was, block. It was a good thing that this new found form of his didn't lock him out of doing basic actions like that. After he had stopped the attack dead in its tracks, he then followed it up pointing the keyblade at the heartless, and released some sort of poisonous looking ball from it. After the ball connected with the heartless, it seemed to be damaged for a short while, and then seemed to slowly be losing energy until it finally just exploded. Well that was new...again.

While he was thinking about the last spell he had just used, he then turned his attention towards a different cry for help. Looking around he saw that Base had been ensnared by the large poison plant head honcho, and was about to go assist him in releasing him from his bindings, however his attention was then diverted by a tornado step slamming into him. Well that hurt. Stratos got back up on his feet and quickly struck at the heartless with his keyblade. While he didn't feel like he could follow up with a combo, he still went in with simple strikes until the heartless had vanished into thin air. He then looked back towards Base and saw that he was now free and beat the ever loving shit out of the heartless. Stratos then went to the assumption that Base was probably doing just fine now and went back to heartless slaying. It was at that point that he noticed Glen, probably drunk, going gung ho towards the heartless with the piece as well. Given that Base was fighting it too, he didn't really see any sort of issue with letting him go after it either. Not to mention Karina acting as a distraction for both of them worked out well, too.

It was then that he heard something weird and turned around to see something even weirder. Where Beuce once was, there was now someone who looked entirely different and entirely more demonic. It was at that point that Beuce had claimed it to be his more original and natural state. The one he had when he had originally left his homeworld. This lead Stratos to just assume it was how the people on his planet looked. Not to mention there was something familiar about the aura that he was generating from him. Like it was the same that Stratos had at the moment. After watching him immolate a few things, Stratos walked over and said, "damn, man. When I transformed, all I got was this rad cape and fire on my head. But you, well you look completely different. Even got your own kickass theme to accompany it. Not gonna lie, pretty awesome form right there." After Stratos gave him a thumbs up, he then proceeded to dive back at firing, well, fire at the heartless.

621 Words, 30 EXP
    Total: 90 EXP
    Total Munny Bonus: 90
    Break Even: 3/34

9/12

18. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen was shocked at the transformation that Beuce had undergone. His first thought was that Beuce had turned into a heartless, but once the transformation was over it was evident that he was still the same Beuce on the inside. On the outside though, he had just turned into a badass nuke everything spellcaster. He wasn't sure what to think about the whole situation, so he figured he would just come to a decision later. Sober Glen could deal with that. It was then that several plants burst into flames and died. Beuce had saved him....wait...no, Beuce had stolen his kills! "OI! THOSE WERE MINE TO TAKE!" the keyblade wielder shouted, before diving at another one of the heartless.

A few swings of the keyblade later and the plant was dead. Glen wasn't done just yet though. There was still the issue of the piece. That red headed mage could claim the kills, he could claim an awesome new form, but the piece would not be his. "You might've changed forms, but you're still thick as bricks!" Glen called out, with a slight laugh at the end of it as he turned his attention to the plant that had the piece. Dashing over to the heartless, he stabbed his blade into the bottom of the heartless. Then, utilising the strength that his Soldier job gave him, he uprooted the creature, knocking it into the air. Muttering a few words, he then hurled a fira after it, before leaping up into the air and somersaulting and using the momentum to slam the blade into the heartless, hitting it out of the air and slamming it into the ground.

The second both of them hit the ground, the heartless vanished into vapour immediately whilst Glen landed nimbly on his feet; an impressive trick to be sure given how much alcohol he had flowing around inside of him. He grabbed the piece off the ground quickly, but noticed that he was surrounded by three of the plants. There wasn't much of a way out, and Glen only had one hand. With as much strength as he could muster, he thrusted his blade into the plant in front of him, taking that out immediately, before hitting the one to his right with the piece itself, and continuing the attack with a quick sword strike. Slowly, he turned around to look at the last remaining plant. "You know, I never liked gardening" he said with a chuckle, before diving towards the heartless. With a quick one-two combo, he used his Cross Slash ability and killed the poor creature. As he breathed a sigh of relief, more heartless appeared around him, exiting out of strange black portals. I wonder if we could use those things too he thought to himself.

However, there was no time to wonder about it. Heartless were spawning quicker and quicker by the second. "Uh...guys, I think they want the piece pretty bad!" he shouted out, not willing to turn around in case he got himself out of position and was ganked. Being their team's first death would surely result in multiple reports, and nobody wanted that.

10/12

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

While the roleplayer could have neatly tied up what Kaida had been doing for the majority of the time, it was mostly sensory overload. Within only a hour or so Kaida had been fighting weasels, fighting brooms, swimming, killing super-sized lizards, and now she was somewhere new. Mostly keeping up busy work at that point but definitely right then.

Through their antics, a swarm of even more heartless showed up. Normally she would have had some sort of sick or tired reaction but at this point she felt null and used to it. Taking in a deep breath upon seeing Glen getting swarmed since he now had the piece, Kaida let out a shout and came in with a sliding dash. She had a lot of built up energy from somewhere and she just ended up wrecking up house as much as she could and trying to clear up some sort of path for Glen to get the hell out of there.

After a few minutes of clearing she started taking deep breaths and turned to Glen, "Alright Tipsy let's move!" she kept clearing up as much as she can mumbling to herself, "I am the furthest thing from a Warrior and all this is is hack and slash." she waited for a moment to see if Glen was moving but just so the roleplayer didn't end up godmodding we'll say Kaida got impatient and stopped to take in the surroundings. There were a ridiculous amount of plant heartless spawned now, and while she knew Glen was still a capable fighter while drunk she wasn't sure how fast he was. And she knew based on past experience they ran about the same speed, but it was probably best to just get the both Glen and the piece out of there.

Kaida summoned away her keyblade, ran over to Glen, and picked him up. Upon realizing how weak she was it was probably a terrible idea but she didn't show her struggle as she just suddenly took off running through the path she had created and she did her best to get run back and leave. She kicked a couple heartless that grabbed her legs as she ran and she nearly tripped a couple of times. She mumbled to Glen, "I know you probably could have run and I just made this needlessly complicated it was something that seemed good at the time and now I'm not sure if this was a good id- AH" Kaida felt something collide with her head in full force, which made her dizzy as she shouted, "SSSSumbud git dem clearred pwease!" as she did her best to keep moving.

11/12

OOC:
    Words= 444 = 22XP

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  20. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross sighed, the battle was over for now and he was glad of that. He didn't need the added tensity for long. The relief didn't last long, as the three came back with bad news. His mood sagged more as did his shoulders, if they had just gotten to the carriage instead of following this insane 'plot' Steel was spouting about, if they had just followed his idea instead of throwing it in his face..He sighed, he missed Anora. She wasn't judgy at all, at least not this judgy and at least Karina had the decency to hear him out. He noticed Ananta out of the corner of his eye, one of the people who hurt his feelings had to talk to him while he wasn't in the best of moods. He heard her question about the necklace and stayed quiet. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the piece of Jewlery, putting it in her hand and just walked faster ahead without another word, he wasn't in the mood to talk right now..