Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

As Karina exited the building she was in she rounded it dragging her feet as she walked. There wasn't much to see in this area so may as well find another path, perhaps there was one in a different direction. She reached the back side of the building and noticed some graffiti on it. At first she was not about to worry about it, just some teens thinking it would be funny, then she noticed what it was of. The had that the old man stuck in stone in the mysterious tower. It couldn't just be a consistence could it? The mouse did leave a trail of ink, so perhaps he had used it to make this. It was a far stretch but the closest thing that she had to any sort of a lead. Karina just stared at it for a moment not sure what to do now. The obvious thing was go back and tell the others, but she hadn't payed attention to how she got there so if she left she might not find it again. Perhaps if she waited for a bit she knew would walk by and she would get their opinion.

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen had been sitting there quietly, simply waiting for people to come to their senses, convinced he was completely and absolutely right on it being a waste of time to search the town. As D'daear had spoken up about Steel being right, Glen stood up. "Steel might be right, I might be wrong, but look at the facts here. Where is there any ink or other evidence to suggest the mouse is here? There hasn't been any word of Mickey being here, according to Minnie, so do would you rather waste your time searching for someone who isn't here, or go and actually stop this person that stoned Yen Sid? Face it, it's a terrible idea" he said simply, crossing his arms as he spoke, somewhat satisfied that he had made his point.

A moment later, he heard Hikaru calling out, and with nothing better to do, he ran over to see what he was calling out to them for. The boy stopped quickly when he got close to the marking on the wall. His mouth was one of shock and almost disappointment. This one marking had just ruined his entire argument, had made him look like an idiot, and worse than that, it had made him wrong. Turning around quickly, a book that had fallen onto the ground became a victim of circumstance as Glen kicked it in an attempt to vent his anger, yelling out "damnit!" as he did so.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

D'daear shut himself up when Glen began to argue in regards to Mickey's possible existence in this town. As it stood, no one had any idea whether Mickey was truly hiding out in this town. Glen was right about the fact that there was currently no concrete evidence that could tell them Mickey was here or at the very least passed through here. Crossing both arms in a subconscious manner to safe guard his emotions, the adolescent stood tight lipped while averting eyes to the floor. Glen had a proper argument, however D'daear could not help but want to correct him in stating that they would never know for sure if they just sat around Mickey's house doing nothing. Wanting to speak up, he was getting ready to make his rebuttal when Hikaru spoke up. Lips remained tightly shut; despite the urge to respond, while Glen advanced towards Hikaru, which in turn compelled D'daear to follow as well. When the purple haired boy arrived on site, eyes widened and breath got caught in lungs as the scenery spoke for itself...and for D'daear. As clear as a drawing, there was a inky picture of three black round shapes that merged together to form a sort of Trio of circles.

No sooner had D'daear layed eyes upon the art, that Glen burst out in what seemed like frustration. To further emphasize the emotion Glen was feeling, D'daear watched as Glen knocked aside a fallen book with a kick. Uneasiness was summoned by Glen's kick as D'daear could not help tighten jaw while the atmosphere grew uncomfortable. "Man am I glad I didn't say anything..." the words found themselves in D'daear's head. With the contraption covered hand, he rubbed the back of that purple covered head in hopes it would ease the uncomfortable situation now plaguing him.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. Mysty Unknown

The boy with blonde hair was floating in the realm of darkness. He hadn't made it to the portal in time since apparently just assuming he did isn't enough. Within his hand though was a flag, a strange little flag it was. He wasn't awake to know what it was nor was he able to understand how it was there in the first place. On this flag it read a few little words:

Happy Birthday Kingdom Hearts SOS
    P.S. S.O.S. this little boy.

After the player read the flag, it disintegrated into the darkness and was never seen again.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

By this point Kel had temporarily put his wandering around town on hold so that he could finish what was left of the ice cream that he'd gotten. There still had been little progress made in his search for any clues so one little break wouldn't do anyone any harm. He stopped in front of a nearby wall and started to lean on it. Kel then started to casually eat what was left of the ice cream that he'd bought. While he did this, his eyes glanced around every now and then so that it wouldn't be like he was just staring off in to space the whole time. Not that he was expecting to find anything.

A few minutes had passed and the ice cream was soon finished. There wasn't much of a mess to clean up so he was able to just leave after finishing. Lightly pushing himself off of the wall, he took about two steps forward before he noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. On a nearby wall there was what from this distance looked to be some writing on a wall. As he moved closer to further investigate it, he saw that the writing on the wait was some graffiti shaped so that it looked like two fencing swords crossing each other. It was interesting and with how there were still some traces of it dripping that could easily imply that this hasn't been here for all that long. It looked like that he'd actually found clues, not surprising when he'd given up on finding one too. Kel eyes the graffiti a little longer, making sure to memorize it as quickly as possible before he started to make his way back to where the others were.

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Wanting to keep the mind busy from uneasiness, the purple haired boy slowly made his way past Glen and towards the wall with the ink art displaying three full circles that intersected one another; almost looked like some weird emblem or crest. He stood a comfortable distance from Hikaru's form while he examined the ink. Arms intersected ones more as hands made their way underneath biceps. Irises stayed locked onto the piece of graffiti while legs began to tilt the boy's body towards it. "Why would there be a drawing on the wall, of all places..." he muttered loud enough. From what D'daear could tell, the graffiti was made up of the same substance that had littered Yen Sid's chambers back then, presumably. However, unlike the mess back in the Tower, this one was refined more or less. It was NOT a large stain of nothing. It had a two dimensional shape, a form...a purpose. At least that's what the boy was coming to understand. It could not have been coincidence that the ink would take up such a shape. "Hhhmmm..." D'daear reverberated. Eyelids pursed while pupils honed in on the subject. It was so strange for this mark to just be placed on a spot like this. Heck, had it not been for Hikaru's sudden knack for books, they may have never found the ink mark in question. It was a most peculiar scene indeed. Leaning back to proper standing position, D'daear lowered arms in order to place hands against Hips.

"Hey Hikaru... Since you found it... you want to go ahead and touch it? Just to verify if it's the same type of ink we found in Yen Sid's tower... " he gestured coyly.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  7. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross blinked, looking visibly startled when her hands rose up that he immediately took them off. He was silent at her words, thinking about it for a moment, yes, Beuce had literally lost an arm in that horrible fight with the Heartless. He sighed and shook his head."I already know."He murmured. He then heard her question and looked up to her. He was about to answer her when she turned to the bag and got out a couple of things. He saw the necklace drop out and he picked it up, staring at it for a moment before he pocketed it. He turned to feel Ananta put a container in his hands. He then took the carton and looked at it. Milk? He heard Ananta speak again and glanced up to her. Date? But he didn't remember asking her on a date, it was just two friends hanging out right? He got up and sat beside her."Ananta."He said and looked at her."I'm not going to go off."He said with a friend."I want you to help me continue that search."He said, opening the container."Oh, it looks great!"He said with a joyful smile, eating on it little by little but he visibly enjoyed it while doing so.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel was a just sitting there silently. At first, he was observing and waiting for Glen's Reply. But then, he felt really odd; like for some inexplicable yet undeniably education/holiday/illness related reason, he couldn't move. As events transpired around him, he furiously fought to break the binds that held him in place. He kept track of what was transpiring with the others, of course. First, Aden seemed to completely disregard he was even there. Great way to start off things in his current condition. At least D'daear had acknowledged him... though that really didn't do him much good with him frozen like a statue. In fact, one could compare his current pose to "The Thinker." The primary difference was that he was standing up. It was actually an entertaining thought, but it would have to be placed aside for another time. The most recent events had Glen angrily giving his response as if Steel hadn't technically been agreeing with him and been offering a form of alternative so that they wouldn't sit there being completely useless. It might even have actual benefits in leading them to Mickey. Now of course, investigating the area definitely seemed important. As Glen was throwing his little fit and D'daear spoke to Hikaru, he finally broke free of whatever it was that bound him in place. A small burst of energy occurred as he pushed his arms outward from their previous position and forced off the strange paralysis. White chain links fell to the ground around him as he took a deep breath. Knees apart, palms facing inwards, and claws unsheathed: He looked all to prepared to go on a mad rampage. Fortunately, he only let out a sarcastic remark with the breath he had just drawn.

"No, no, don't worry about me; I'm perfectly fine." He muttered to the rooms current occupants. After a moment of catching his breath, he stalked over to the ink shape on the wall. "So, this splotch was somehow worth letting me face a great force of darkness alone?" He spat with disinterest. He was feigning it of course. He was actually looking forward to investigating; he just wanted to call school a great force of darkness. Of course, the statement had completely ignored the fact that he himself was a great force of darkness... Oh! and he also gave a kick in the ribs to the fact that most of them always seemed to ignore him. But, you know, whatevs. He silently waited for a response.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"...face a great force of darkness? Wha-?" D'daear queried in confusion; perhaps interrupting any possible reply from Hikaru. Random words had grabbed the young key wielders attention, primarily because he had no idea why they were spoken in the first place. The words had nothing to do with the current situation that they ALL found themselves in. Turning to face the source of words, blue irises caught sight of Steel standing close by. A step was taken in the opposite direction as Steel's presence was acknowledged. It seemed the ink drawing was capturing attention; although that was to be expected as it was a clue that could point them into the right direction. "Oh hey, Steel-"he greeted. "What did you mean by letting you face a great force of darkness alone?" D'daear queried. Hands remained placed on hips, while he had been watching Steel; peripherals could not help but take notice of Steel's claws. Such a detail could not just go unnoticed. While peripherals kept D'daear aware of the claws, it drew in the boy's blue eyes to follow the cue. Head tilted slightly to the side, cocking as to give off a questioning stare. "You got something to say?" he asked, eyes jolting to look at Steel in the eyes. Head remained cocked, and a brow raised.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina waited around a little bit to see if anyone would happen to walk by. Unfortunately after ten minutes no body did, so it was time to head back and share what she saw herself. This time Karina was careful to keep track of her steps as to not miss get lost and not be able to find the place again. It took a few minutes of wondering before Karina found a familiar area, and from there back to Mickey's house, but she did indeed make it. Karina took no time walking up to the door and speaking without even observing what else was going on.

"I think I found something. Coming here might not be so useless." Karina shot Glen a glare knowing that was exactly what he had been thinking when they left the house earlier. Karina soon marched right over to him and grabbed the back of the collar of his shirt. "Come with me and I will prove I can be good for something, not that you actually care." Karina's eyes and heart where cold towards Glen. The words that slipped off her tongue where full of despise and anger. Karina might have been trying to fix her attitude but Glen however didn't deserve the try to be nicer treatment, it wasn't like he was EVER nice to her and she wouldn't forget that anytime soon.

It wasn't long before she was dragging Glen behind her as she traversed the streets once again back towards an abandoned building that she had been in not long before. She circled around to the back, grabbed the back of Glens head and forced him to stare straight at the marking on the wall. "Most likely ink and it is in the shape of that old stone dudes hat. I would say this might be a hint, wouldn't you? Or is it not just because you refuse to side with me or let me be right about something. If it is either of those you are just an arrogant little cry baby who can't stand to lose." Karina didn't look at Glen at all instead she just talked while facing the wall, studying the marking on it. She reached up and touched the ink marking. "Mickey might just be here yet." Was the last thing she said before giving him time to react. Part of the reason she had talked so much was because she feared the moment he spoke since the last several exchanges they had he had hurt her, insulted her, her home and her family. But now there was nothing left to say so it was time to face the fear and let him respond, say what he wanted and simply hope it wasn't another insult.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The sound of the door to Mickey's house opened up, evoking D'daear's attention to shift away from Steel. It all happened so fast that he did not have time to react to the situation. The door opened up; probably bursting open considering who it was. Karina came through the door, and without even so much as giving the room a quick look, just waltzed up to Glen and spirited him away by force, removing his presence from the scene along with hers. The purple haired adolescent let eyelids squint a bit at the randomness that had unfolded. Cocking his head once more, he casually pointed towards the door with an index finger, finding it necessary to point out how harsh Karina seemed towards Glen. She had gripped the poor guy's collar, and yanked him out of the room. "Why does she have to be so rough?" he questioned out loud, playing the moment back in his head. Lips pursed to the side while he continued to stare off at the opened door. Karina HAD said something, and although it was rather abrupt; just like her entrance, D'daear had managed to hear what she had to say. He just had to recollect it off of his short term memory... "She DID say something, right?" the boy thought out loud. "Like...she FOUND something or somewhere along those lines?" he asked the open air. He was not to sure on it, but he assumed it could potentially have something to do with the strange Ink drawing on the wall... Honestly, a part of him didn't really care about any of that at the moment. He was just too bewildered by Karina's random appearance and disappearance to really care. What could she be up to that required only Glen's immediate attention?

12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"I want to continue the search too, but that battle hurt...I never was trained to fight you know." she said, eating the pie. "I was trained to be a healer and a leader and a mother. I have little to no knowledge of fighting, save for what I've read in books, but even then I never practiced it." Ananta stared at the pie. It tasted great, but something else was in her mind right now. She remembers a lot about her childhood, but somewhere along the line, things turned into a blur. The last memory she has of her world was when she lost it. But that was even troubling. How could she lose her world when she was taught that the Mother Crystal would not fall to even the darkest of beings? "A-Anyway, um, where do we go first?" she asked Kross, finishing off the pie and starting to drink the milk.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen was still a little annoyed with Hikaru's discovery, but on some level he was pleased they were making progress. He had been proven wrong, and that really sucked, but so long as Yen Sid's killer was found and people were protected, that was all that mattered. He just hoped that nothing happened to tear him away from that area so he could help, but what were the chances of that, right? Only seconds after that thought, he felt a strong tug on the back of his shirt. He turned his head to see that it was Karina dragging him away. What could she want with him? Was she about to turn on friendly fire and murder him? He turned to look at Steel, the person he'd been standing closest to there, and only got the chance to mouth the words 'help me' before he was dragged away and out of the house.\

Along the way, Glen managed to shake himself free, but decided to continue onwards, somewhat curious as to where he was being taken. Even as he decided to go along with it, Karina still wouldn't let go of him. What was so important that her determination was this strong?

He got his answer a short walk later. He was taken to a graffiti spot, and it looked almost like the one that Hikaru had found. Karina started speaking, and three times the boy opened his mouth to speak, but all three times he was interrupted by Karina. He waited for a moment, arms crossed, as though he expected her to continue, and then gave a somewhat scolding look. "Am I allowed to speak now?" he asked. "You know what, Karina? You-" he started, before pausing. Did he really want to yell at her some more, risk losing one of the strongest (physically, certainly not emotionally) people they had helping them? It was probably a bad idea.

Swallowing his pride, Glen looked down at the ground and released a mental sigh. A minute went by where not a word was spoken by him, before he broke that silence. "You..you've done a good job. Keep up the good work" he said, having to practically force the words out of his mouth.

14. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Letting out a sigh, the young key-wielder known as D'daear found his way to the same seat in which he had found comfort in not too long ago, and just let his body collapse on it. With a loud enough thud, the boy's rear end met the soft cushion that would comfort his tush. It was just moments ago that nothing of interest had been happening. Now look at them, discovering important clues and being dragged off to who knows where...for the amount of time THAT lasted. D'daear hoped Glen was doing alright because now that he had a moment to relax, he remembered Glen and Karina having an argument just before they all walked through the mirror that led them to Disney town. "I wonder if Karina was just making stuff up just to get Glen for herself. I wonder if they're fighting as we speak..." he mumbled as he sunk deeper into the large chair. Arms had naturally hung over the chairs arm rests while legs just stretched themselves onto the floor. D'daear didn't realize it, but he did not really care about the Glen and Karina issue. It was nothing more than thoughts for penny. What he did care about at the moment was the mystery behind the ink splotches. "Could she REALLY have found another ink splotch just like ours? Assuming that's what she had found...what then? Two locations with ink splotches... What could this mean?" D'daear pondered with a lackadaisical stare towards space. Train of thought began to open up the possibility of there being more than one ink spot in Disney Town. If Karina had found one, then potentially there could have been others scattered about this Town. For all the people still within Mickey's residents knew, the other members of this key-wielding team had probably found other graffiti. Of course, this was all based on the idea IF the girl had actually found another graffiti mark like theirs. D'daear let his head hang there, feeling a bit at odds with himself.

"So they're clues... but to what? What purpose do these graffiti splotches serve? And who put them there? Mickey...? " the queries just spewed out one after the other, all kept under his breathe. Brows furrowed at the questions he kept asking himself.

He could not help but feel overwhelmed, not by these questions, but by how much like his grandmother he was acting...or at least a part of her. She was always questioning things that could potentially serve great importance. D'daear's grandmother was always so deductive, unlike him who had always believed in Fate and Destiny. If something occurred, then his reasoning was that perhaps it was because fate had deemed it so...as if there was a higher power at work or something. And who could blame him. Growing up in a world filled with light, why would he ever cater to thinking otherwise? Faith and Hope were things he always carried close to his heart. The way he had seen it, if he Hoped...then there was always this glimmer of light that rested with him no matter what, and it kept him believing in the impossible. If he had faith, then there was always this light that shined bright before him whenever things seemed its bleakest. And the best part? She never looked down on him for such things. THEIR world was living in the light, in the prime of an age where the balance of light and darkness leaned all the way towards the light... or so that's what this purple haired boy had thought.

D'daear had always put his faith in his grandmother, and always took her word as truth...

Jaw tensed as he gazed at the nothing, recollecting his rude awakening. It all had started out as an extraordinary adventure. He met Base, Steel, and soon Hikaru and Luna while investigating Beast's castle. Beast, Belle, and the servants. They were all such wonderful people to him, and it was all looking exactly like in the stories. But then Aux appeared, and that's when everything changed. The moment his presence was revealed, it was like a plague had emerged onto the Castle. Aux had tried to severe Hikaru's friendship, and in turn had shown D'daear a side to humanity he had never seen. Heartless, betrayal...it was merely the beginning of a fact D'daear's naive and innocent mind was not yet ready to handle. Beast got injured, a man died before his eyes, and to make matters worse, Belle had been kidnapped because of Aux. A man Hikaru had called friend...

Did Hikaru consider Aux a friend? D'daear had no idea. Did Aux deserve forgiveness or redemption? D'daear had no idea. He believed people deserved a second chance, but what of those that really hurt you? Blue irises whittled in aimless gaze. He remembered that moment...when he was laying there in the mud with his broken reality. That pain his heart had felt. Darkness, which was supposed to have been purged, had shown him that it was very much alive...and powerful. Good people suffered in that moment...Good people suffered. Beast, , Belle, Hikaru, and everyone including himself had been dealt a hard blow. That blow had hurt D'daear's faith in his grandmother, and all her teachings. All this time, cooped up in that world of his being fed these "truths" that veiled his perception of the world, when in fact the world was very much the complete opposite of everything he had been told. The time spent in Central Haven had made him aware of that.

Well, at least this delusional boy could take the time to rehabilitate himself, right? They were in a HAVEN after all...

An ironic grin showed on the purple haired adolescent as he let out a chuckle. Oh how he remembered the invasion. It was not too long ago after all. When everybody had about just settled in, whom but none other than Aux to unsettle them, right? When he needed to time to transition, the darkness was there to make sure he couldn't have it. Lucky for him the fighting, the fleeing to Yen Sid's tower, and the investigations were good distractions. They had kept his mind else where, away from the problem that had been left unattended too. Just before he had stepped through the mirror to escape the Haven's fall, he had attempted to let go all of that which had plagued his mind with a long scream because he hoped that maybe, just maybe it would be all he needed to move on.

Purple bangs hid the boy's eyes, casting a shadow over them as they reddened from unbalanced emotions. Becoming slightly teary, they emerged at the cusp of his eyelids, refusing to trinkle down cheeks. He could feel it, his heart hurting. It felt like there was a hole where his innocence should be, where his Hope and his Faith in his grandmother resided.

Post count 5/10

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  15. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kel continued on his path back to the house in which they started out at, he was looking to see if there was any other ink graffiti left on the walls. Unlike the other times where he was looking for anything that stuck out and found pretty much nothing of interest, this time he actually had an idea on what to look for which would make finding it a lot easier for him to do. He'd just rounded a corner when he caught a glimpse of Karina dragging Glen off somewhere. If not for the whole incident that had happened moments after discovering Yen Sid's stone body, Kel probably wouldn't have thought nothing of it, but in this case he couldn't help but to feel worried for Glen. We all saw was Karina did to Kross within the confines of the arena just to win, through in being pissed or still being angry towards a person and things could get gruesome.

Part of him wanted to follow in the event something did happen. He may not have been stronger than Karina, but he was faster and more durable (referring to his defense and all of the times a boss had beaten the crap of of him), so he was pretty sure that he could manage. However considering that he only caught a gimps of them and had no definite way of knowing where they went, he didn't Even if he did, he would likely end up blindly running around the town. So he would have to hope for the best.

He'd taken one step forward before he noticed another marking made of ink nearby. Well that sure was lucky. Approaching the ink he noticed that unlike that previous one which was two fencing swords crossed over each other, this one was a sword in a stone. Was it referring to Camelot? That was the only place that Kel could think of that had a sword in a stone. In fact all sorts of memories from Camelot had started to re surface in his mind. The many fail attempts at pulling the sword, the encounter (and flirting) with Gilgamesh, Ananta's crystal doing who knows what to her mental state and finally the painful encounter with Mim, who'd jacked their keyblades, and Nequa. Those last two memories had brought about visible discomfort onto Kel's face. Every world that he'd gone to that Nequa had appeared in had always involve something nearly KOing him. Whether it be a chameleon heartless, a jaguar, a suit of armor, a freaking Hun and his pet bird, her appearance foretold pain. "I need to stop thinking about that." It was bad enough that he had to go through it once, so remembering it wouldn't be the best of things for Kel. So before his chain reaction trip down memory lane could continue, he took note of the ink and walked away from it.

16. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

A look of horror washed over Beuce's face. Good lord, this poor girl! "You were captured and they stood behind you and beat you with a belt while everyone watched?! What the hell kind of sick people are we dealing with?! At least you're alive though..." She then proceeded to try and grasp his name. Failing, and referring to him as the only thing she knew him by. Bourne was what she called him. "Well...Most of us got out. Eon and Etrius...Weren't so lucky. Aside from them, we're all here. Although the situation between some of us is shaky at best. I think the stress is starting to wear down on people." Beuce was once again thankful for his life as a soldier. Stress was nothing new to him, so he knew how to cope with it fairly efficiently.

Then, something occurred to him. "Oh, also Yen Sid is dead. In fact, you could say he's gone...stone cold." Beuce was an odd one. One minute he seemed like he was a sensible and serious guy, who knew what was going on. The next, he seemed like a complete moron. It was honestly hard to tell which one he actually was. "It's Beuce, by the way." After thinking for a moment, he decided that it was probably a good idea to continue on with the search. "Well, as much as i'd like to stay and chat, i kinda gotta keep searching for this guy. Although, if you don't have some kind of secret mission, then you should come with us. We could use a banana in the bunch." He said, chuckling.

Walking out of the alleyway, he searched aimlessly. It wasn't long before he crossed a familiar sight. It was Karina. Right behind her she was...Dragging Glen to an execution! "KARINA NO! I KNOW YOU'RE UPSET WITH HIM BUT MURDER ISN'T THE ANSW-" she let him go in front of some graffiti. Huh. Looked like she just wanted to show him that. Walking over, he acted as though he hadn't said anything just then and simply walked up in silence. "It looks like Yen Sid's hat. What do you suppose it is? Maybe something left by mickey? Although, there's the possibility it could be a trap...No, actually, i don't think that's right. Whoever took out Yen Sid is working with the apprentices. If they wanted us dead, we'd already be six feet under by now. There has to be some reason they let us go. They sent the heartless after us, but if they really felt like it, they could have just walked in and wiped the floor with all of us. So, if it's not a trap, it's probably a clue."

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel began to wave off D'daear's comment. "Oh, nothing, I was jus-" It was then that Karina burst in and furiously dragged off Glen whilst screaming her head off about her worth. Glen had very clearly mouthed the words "Help me" directly to Steel as he was dragged a way. A slight pause followed their absence. "...Well, alright then... That was interesting. I'm interested." He stated rather plainly. D'daear however, seemed to be rather upset now, he slumped over to a chair and started observing the ink drawing with a very... wearisome air. Steel looked out the door where his other two companions were headed.
    He then turned back to D'daear, unsure of what to do. He really didn't just want to leave him alone to sulk, but he should also at least make sure that Glen survives (Even if he were to be permanently handicapped). He decided he should probably say something to the purple haired boy before he left. "So, uh... you probably don't know yet, cause you haven't spent much time with us beyond... all the tragedies.... But, usually everything works out pretty well." He turned to the door. "I'm gonna go make sure Glen gets a proper funeral." he joked as he ran out the door. It didn't take him long to catch up, but when he did Buece was there screaming about Murder. Preparing himself for the worst, he joined his friends in the alley just in time to see... Glen congratulating Karina on a job well done.
    What the flippin heck. This wasn't at all what he had expected. Though in hindsight, it was probably a much better alternative.

18. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Eyelids fluttered as the boy regained his composer, allowing for emotions to become stable. It was Steel's words that allowed for D'daear to just let off a sigh; which helped in the process of gaining stability. "Thanks..." he uttered in response to Steel. He kept his eyes averted, not wanting to risk exposing his sulky mood; although considering how Steel had spoken to him, D'daear's mood was probably obvious. The good thing is Steel's farewell helped ease D'daear back into a positive state of mind. A small chuckle escaped the boy. "Heh...yeah you go do that... " Hands found themselves atop the chairs armrest, gripping themselves to it while arms bent at the joint in order to lift D'daear up from his slouched position. Before he rose from his seat, the boy took the opportunity rub his eyelids with the back of his hands, making sure vision was not blurred from watery eyes. Upon placing his left hand near his face, he flinched at first when he realized he was still wearing that strange contraption he had picked up at Yen Sid's tower. Just what was this thing exactly? Was it a watch? With nothing better to do, he decided to fiddle around with the device that was strapped to his left forearm. It only took a second to confirm that it was indeed not a watch. For one thing, it lacked any hands to point at a specific time. On that note, the circular pad that found itself at the center of the device lacked any form of watch like images or patterns. Was it a buckler? D'daear rose from his seat, eyes glued to the device. He began to take thoughtless steps, letting his body go on autopilot while he tinkered with the piece of metal. The device had a decent shape, good enough to potential be just that: a buckler. However, did bucklers usually go outside of the shield like form that they normally associated themselves with? Feet found themselves on the first steps that led up to the second floor as he pretended to block an incoming attack with the "buckler". "Mmmm...I'm not convinced...it can probably act like one, but...I don't know...it's too heavy to be a buckler..." he deduced. It was a good distraction, he'd give it that much. It was helping him forget his little moment back at the couch. After a while of fiddling with the thing, he just about gave up. Left arm dropped to his side as D'daear let out a submissive sigh while weighing his head back.

There was a small chain connected to a light bulb on the ceiling. Brows scrunched up in confusion. For a moment, the sight brought a sense of misdirection as to where he thought he was. "Huh?" he uttered. When D'daear came to, he had realized he had ended up back in the Attic.

19. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross was silent as he listened to Ananta. He was trained by Master Yen Sid and had the experience under his belt to fight but Ananta..She was trained in a spontanious way, the most spontaneous way possible. She was thrown right into the fray. Her survival for this long was admirable, Ananta wasn't trained to be a combatant, she was trained to be a healer. Kross couldn't help but feel a sense of understanding. He was thrown into the fray without much combat prowess at first.He set the half eaten pie to the side and didn't even touch his milk. He heard her question and looked forward, away from her as he stood up."Wherever our heart takes us, it's just the issue of getting there and finding out the truth. I want to bring an end to Master Yen Sid's ailment as soon as possible, and I think I know where we can do that."He said. He turned to her and said."Come on."He said and walked ahead. His eyes landed on the gate and he breathed in, heaving a quiet sigh before setting his stroll towards that way.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Rummaging in the paper sack, she looked to see Kross stand up. Blinking, Ananta made sure there was nothing important in the paper bag and threw it away. She hurried along and reached in her pockets, remembering the necklace she had gotten Kross. She didn't feel it and so she stopped and looked back to the bench. It wasn't on the ground from what she could see, but she was sure it wasn't in the bag. She had made sure there was nothing in the bag before she threw it away too. Ananta frowned and turned back to Kross. Her eyes looked forward and saw a huge castle in the distance. "What do you suppose we'll find there? I mean...I don't know if they'll even let us in." she nodded, pointing out the obvious. "Also uh...did...did you see a necklace before we left? Um..." she asked, hoping he had seen it or something.