Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Skyheart Joker

Stratos listened to the explanation that was given about what happened. About what was going on. Apparently Rin, a name he vaguely remembered Merlin saying once, was Nequa all along. Well damn, Mizu got kidnapped by her sister. That's something weird to think about. However, the more pressing matter was the heartless that were encroaching upon them. Heartless that seemed extremely threatening, no less. Truth be told, Stratos had next to no experience with dealing with Heartless, just the weaker kinds that existed on his home world. These however, seemed leagues above those.

He started shaking at the thought of taking them all on. He was weak. He was completely unskilled. He had no defining thing that could stop an entire horde of heartless. And what if there were more like Nequa? There was no way he could take anyone like that on. It seemed like this was going to be their final hour here, or at the very least his. Looking to the others who had entered the Library he- Stratos then slapped himself. This was absolutely no time to be freaking himself out. Because Stratos didn't have to take these guys on by himself. He didn't have to rely on his strength alone to take these heartless on, not while there were others who were willing to fight alongside him for a common goal.

Walking over to the group, Stratos drew out his keyblade. The group seemed to be split into those who wanted to flee and those who wanted to fight. And so, Stratos began what he hoped would have some semblance of a motivational speech. "All you guys here what Seiza and Merlin had to say? The only way out is through one of Yen Sid's magic mirrors, and that's going to take some time to start up. So those that wanted to leave, tough luck. And those that wanted to fight, well here you go! However! All of you are keyblade wielders with the same goal in mind. None of us are a one man army, and instead we are each one man in an army. So don't try any sort of solo mission bullshit. Working together, we can hold off any number of these heartless. Whether it be for an hour, a day, even a week. We will be able to hold. And once that mirror is up, we will all escape through it safely. Together. No man left behind, no one dies! Because a strong person fights when they need to. A stronger person fights and returns home!" After that was done with, he turned to Beuce and asked, "so Mr. Mavis, I've seen what kind of tactics you've got against a single witch, but do you have some for an army?"

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen couldn't help but chuckle a little at the way Ananta was speaking to Karina. "Way to give a huge pep talk before the heartless attack" he said, addressing Ananta directly. "Friendship is power, relying on your friends will get you through it. Yeah, because i'm sure if we all stand still and hold hands some magical power is going to save us, right? Listen, Karina might not be the best person personality-wise, but clearly you haven't seen her fight. Sure, she can't beat me, but if there was anybody here that would have a chance at destroying those heartless, my money's on her" he stated, surprising himself that he was defending Karina, kind of.

He pointed now away from the library and towards the direction he figured they would be attacked from. "And another thing. I have no idea how many battles you've been in, but generally it's not a good idea to convince people they're not strong, or that they're going to die, right before a fight. I don't know about you, but I quite like surviving, so lets keep it going, alright?" he added, before turning his attention towards the direction Hikaru had come from. He'd seen how many heartless had appeared before, and he sure as hell didn't like the idea of fighting them. But was he going to back down? Not a chance.

"Stratos is right though, we've gotta hold out. Beuce, if there was ever a time to grow a brain, I pick now. Prove you're not useless and I'll shout you a drink once this is all over" he said with a slight laugh, hoping something got through to the white-haired annoyance.

3. NikkiNoNo Destiny Islands Resident

Anora first heard the call from Kross yelling for the others. Looking up she noticed Ananta running close behind, along with the others in the library. It wasn't long before other keyblade wielders, some she didn't recognize, but what bothered her were their expressions. Soon word of Heartless appearing was being brought up. She listened, watching Ananta and and another woman named Karina bicker, than a man scooped her boob and slapped her rear end, along with others who were onlookers, and some who were trying to rally the troops. They all had their sides, staying and fight the horde that was approaching or running. It was utter chaos and the for the first time, in a very long time, Anora wondered to herself, and the fate of the worlds are left in the hands of a borken group of bicker keyblade wielding children. The thought sort of surprised Anora, it was a degrading thought, especially since she never wanted to think ill of others at first meeting but for all that was holy in the worlds, there were some that she wondered where their light was, and other where their brains were. She looked back to the mirror that she had seen Kross disappear into and than back to the group. There was no urge in her to speak up. Since the beginning, she knew that the keybladers that arrived for the first time were a ragtag team of strangers, all with their own strengths and weaknesses, but this was just insane.
    Thinking negatively will lead to a negative ending. Breath. She told herself, remembering her own virtues. It was than that another man appeared and spoke a word of reasoning. He was right, so far from what she had heard from the arguing there were going to be a lot of heartless appearing, no joke heartless that could over power them in a heartbeat when fighting alone. They needed to work together because in the end the keyblades chose who they needed to help in this dire time to fight against the darkness.
    Placing a hand on Ananta, the white haired female looked at her, it was a soft touch, but her look hard which was odd on the girl who was smiling and full of pure joy of seeing old friends and meeting new keyblade wielders. "We don't have time to talk. We need to protect ourselves and this Haven and the only way to do that is to work together and fight. Leave your food for thought to yourself until after the battle. Than you can continue later." She felt her head hurting at the thought of all the heartless and this team. She looked to the others. "I'm Anora," She said a bit flatly, keyblade appeared. She would apologize later for her annoyed expression, just at the moment she couldnt help but want to stop this endless cycle of talk talk and get into slicing and dicing.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Thinking back on it, maybe he should have seen this whole situation coming long beforehand. After all, even if there's some place that's considered a perfect haven, even against Heartless and such, it's really just a giant defensive fort, and even the strongest defense has some kind of *****, while it might not be noticeable. Now all of the keybladers were stuck in the library, some freaking out at others, and others trying to calm them down. Raisor had been thinking about what was going on the past few minutes, so he didn't really understand what everyone was doing, but he could tell one thing: some wanted to fight against the heartless, and some wanted to run away. He was a little in the middle. At one point he wanted to test his training against the heartless, but at the other point, it was a better idea to get out of the library, and even that world. Not too mention, his arm was still shot from his training with Anora before. He worried about how much he'd be able to fight back with his right arm.

Just as he was getting his thoughts together, he heard Hikaru talking about what Merlin was planning with the Mirror, and how Kross had disappeared through it. It was really a giant pain to him, but he knew that at this moment, they needed to come up with a strategy on how to stall. Twenty minutes was not going to go by quickly, and those heartless were going to get close real fast. He walked over to Hikaru and the others and decided to put his thoughts out.

"You know, if we have to wait twenty minutes, it looks like we're going to end up getting into a big fight; whether we want to or not. Plus, some of the others are getting antsy about this situation. It seems to me we need to figure out on how we're going to defend this room while you guys get that mirror up and running. Unless you guys already have a plan, which I'm willing to hear." He looked toward the group, hoping they had some kind of idea, and weren't really just coming up with this at the top of their heads.

5. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce took a deep breath. They had about twenty minutes to get the mirror working. Twenty minutes they had to hold off a horde of all kinds of heartless. Ananta, meanwhile was trying to convince Karina of the power of friendship. He would have talked, but Glen pretty much summed up what he was about to say, so instead he simply made a ^ with his hands at Glen. It was then that Stratos approached, asking for a plan, along with Glen. Stratos had seen his tactical capabilities in the fight with Mim. They would have lost that if it hadn't been for the teamwork their plan had brought about. That was just one unit though, this was an entire army of things that were just as strong as the witch, if not stronger. Tossing the subject around in his head, he finally came to a conclusion.The promise of alcohol enticed him a bit, so if he wasn't over the edge for tryharding the situation, he was now.

Stepping to the front, Beuce turned to address the other wielders. The time for arguments was over. They had to get the plan in motion or they wouldn't last long."Alright, if you guys want to fight, we really don't have much choice. But listen to me, we can win this. If you follow my orders to the letter. I don't care if you like me or not. Ignore who's saying it and just focus on what's being said. If you go against it, and we end up being overtaken, our blood is on your hands, got it?" He said in an uncharacteristically serious tone to all those present. Although, some were more heavily indicated than others for obvious reasons. The look on his face wasn't a carefree smile as it usually was, it was dead serious. His orders needed to be followed if they were going to survive this fight. "We've got about thirty seconds before they hit. Take a position. Guardians, front line. Warriors, stick right behind them. Mystics, in the back. You guys have the best range and support. Hunters..well, hunter, you'll be roaming along with me. Go through and help whoever needs it. Split up into teams to cover all the entrances."

10 seconds. Beuce ran to the front entrance, which was the largest and would likely be laid siege to the most. He summoned his keyblade and took an unorthodox stance which he hadn't taken so far. Instead of holding his keyblade by the handle, he held it by the guard. Where the keychain connected to the weapon was pressed against his palm. Since he was a warrior, yet also a mock-mystic, he could fit multiple roles rather well. He intended to make good use of both of them. 5 seconds. Everyone had to get into their positions quickly. He could hear the thud of behemoths shaking the ground as they stepped. 4, 3, a crash was heard, a few seconds early. It was a pretty good estimate as to their arrival time, but it couldn't possibly have been exact. As expected, the front had the largest assault force. Yet, there were several entrances around the library which needed heavy defense. Most notably the eastern entrance. Three behemoths all at once poured through. There was no way that the squad could hold off that kind of attack. With rather quick thinking, he shouted out to Karina, asking for aid. "Karina, you're with me! Help me out here! Stratos, cover us!" With the full brunt of his running ability, he raced to the back end of the room. He gave an apologetic glance at Seiza. "Sorry about this..." With that, he initiated his plan to take out the behemoths on the east side entrance. With a forceful swing, he began knocking out the supports of the enormous telescope that held it in place.

6. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

The heartless were pouring out of dark portals, and they were swarming towards different entrances. If they got out, people outside of this place would be in it deep. A swarm in particular were heading towards the unguarded West gate. Suddenly, four or five of them burst into darkness as Kross leaped over, cleaving them apart and landed infront of the Western entrance. Hand out in front, keyblade behindh im and stance straight, he faced down the heartless army. he knew full well that he didn't have a chance alone, but he had to hold them off, at least until they could finish repairing the mirror. They got close and his face was set in a battle ready grimace. He swung his keyblade. "Thunder!" And so, his battle began.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat had tried to avoid as much drama as she could, but the two groups that had formed - those who wanted to fight and those who'd rather retreat - kept that from really being possible. Going through the mirror might've surprised her had there not been a swarm of Shadows and Behemoths trying to take them all out. Everyone seemed to be gathered in the library, and while there were others who refused to take a stance, the people who did refused to back down.

Suddenly one of the boys that she'd been with in the library spoke up, trying to motivate the group by stating the obvious: either they worked as a team or lost. Regardless of what anyone wanted, they had to fight for twenty minutes until their escape route was ready. Both Glen and the boy looked to Beuce for a strategy, and he almost seemed way too out of character for his own good. But his strategy was sound, and at this point there wasn't much time to argue it anyway. Cat took her place with the Warriors, right behind the front lines, and summoned her Keyblade. She held it out in front of her with both hands and looked it over. She'd already done so much with this ragtag group, and if they weren't in such a life or death situation, she might even feel a bit nostalgic. Unfortunately though, there was no time to reminisce and the Heartless piled in. Beuce quickly called Karina and Stratos over to another entrance and she noticed more Heartless coming in from the west. She sliced through a few that had come at her from the side and looked around. "Eon! Ananta! Help me out here!" She called for them partly because she knew what they were capable of and partly because they were in the first group she'd traveled with. There was a bond there, and it might not have been prominent... or specific, but it was there alright. "Mines!" She raised her blade into the air and left a square of mines for the Heartless to trip. It also gave them a few short seconds to put a plan together. "Keep your distance from the swarm if you can. If a big one gets through, I'll distract it and you two take 'em down." She saw the next wave plow through and hoped that this would be enough. It was going to be a long fight.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

"Friends?" Karina scoffed. "Let me get one thing straight none of you are my friends, nor will you ever be and I don't want you thinking your mine either, it will ultimately lead you to disappointment. You are my comrades and I put up with you because I have to, nothing more. I protect my comrades because I am obligated to. I would want to get in trouble or anything. You aren't that special." Karina told Ananta. She couldn't fathom why Ananta would think them friends, they didn't get along too great. Had she already forgotten about the fight? Ananta then went on to mention how cocky and self centered Karina was acting. "Is that what you think I am? Hm, perhaps you are right, but maybe not. Not like I care what you think of me. I have my reasons." Karina stated not wanting to get into an argument over it. She wasn't going to state her reasons either. But truth be told in her mind she was not being cocky or self centered. The fact of the matter was like it or not these people where her comrades and they held far more potential then she did, and she knew it. Hence why she had to go in alone. If she could hold the heartless off long enough for the group to escape then who would even care if she died. At least she did one good thing in her life. That is how Karina thought anyways. Stupid, foolish, childish. Some of the next words that Ananta used to describe Karina's actions. "Perhaps I am not the brightest, and perhaps what I want to do is foolish. Maybe you are right that it won't prove anything to anyone else, but in the end it is my life to decide what to do with it, not yours. You have no right to control what I want to do with my life." Karina finally finished

By this time Beuce was barking orders, something she really hated. She would rarely listen to anyone that was not her superior but in this case it was different. Perhaps he was right when he said if they didn't all follow the plan it would be a slaughter. She couldn't bare the thought that their blood would be on her hands. He could be wrong but was she willing to take the risk. Karina thought about it for a second then noticed the Heartless trying to get through another door and Beuce calling for help. Karina ran to his aid. "Just because I am doing this doesn't mean I like you." She stated as she arrive. She followed his lead. It was only now that Karina truly realized she couldn't protect them on her own, not because she was weak, but there was too many entrances to fight heartless off at to do it with one person.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

After Hikaru's re-introduction in the Main Hall, Aden had zoned out and lost himself in his own world of thought. He mused about all the events that had happened in the worlds thus far, particularly with regards to the three masked Keywielders and their motivations and desires. He lost himself in memories, too...

"It truly is a remarkable weapon," his uncle said admiringly, examining the Kingdom Key in Aden's hands. Looking back to Aden, he asked, "May I?"

Aden nodded, smiling with pride. Carefully he placed the Keyblade onto his uncle's upturned palms. As soon as he'd removed his hands, though, the Keyblade vanished in a flash of light and reappeared in Aden's hands, with the same accompanying lights. Surprise crossed his uncle's face, then was quickly replaced by disapproval and frustration. "And what exactly was your point in that trick?" he said sternly.

But Aden was just as surprised. "Wha... That wasn't me!" he protested. "I didn't know that would happen! I swear!"

His uncle didn't seem wholly convinced. He dismissed it, though, simply replying curtly, "In the future, you must keep a level head when refuting claims against you. People will think you have something to hide, and nobody is keen on a leader that keeps secrets."

"But I—"

His uncle raised a hand, silencing Aden and indicating that that conversation was finished. "I'm sure that your blade will be invaluable in the defense of our home," he noted, returning the conversation to where it had been.

Aden glanced down nervously. "...I'd actually meant to speak with you about that," he ventured tentatively. His uncle arched an eyebrow, but inclined his head, gesturing for Aden to continue. And so Aden recounted for him the distress message he'd received from a Master Eraqus, pleading for help from Keywielders across the worlds.

But already his uncle was shaking his head. "Absolutely not. You must stay here and continue to learn. Your people need you."

"And so do these people!" Aden protested. "I can't ignore their need!"

"And what about the need of our people?" his uncle challenged.

"I'm not a councilor yet! You are!"

"I won't always be!"

Aden's argument died abruptly in his throat. It wasn't at all that he didn't want to lead; he knew that it was his responsibility and accepted it. What he didn't want to face, though, was the possibility that he might have to lead sooner than planned. Typically a council seat couldn't be inherited or passed down until the councilor's heir was of age (at eighteen years old), but it certainly wasn't unheard of for an heir to ascend earlier due to...certain circumstances.

His uncle sighed and sat down, and Aden found himself in one of those rare discomfiting moments where his uncle showed his advancing age. "I have no children of my own," he said wearily. "And my wife is gone. I'm only growing older, and you're the only one who can take my place." Aden thought back to other conversations and the fact that there were measures in place should a councilor lack an heir, but knew that this wasn't the time nor the place to bring that up. "We need you here. I need you here."

Aden struggled with his words for a moment. "If I don't go," he replied quietly, "there may not be a 'here' to return to."

"I know." His uncle smiled ruefully. "I'm being selfish trying to keep you here. Forgive an old man his folly."

Aden saw his uncle's eyes growing wet and, embarrassed, averted his gaze. "Of course, Uncle." He paused. "...Mother and Father will still be here."

His uncle huffed in mock petulance. "I suppose, if I must be social..."

This brought a smile back to Aden's face. He looked once more at the Keyblade, then let it dissipate. "I promise I'll return," he swore. "And then I will finish my learning so I can be ready to take your place."

"Finish?" his uncle repeated. "You're already ready."

Aden was stunned. He'd never heard such high praise from his uncle in his life; he made it a point to reward according to success and not a whit more. Aden's surprise only mounted when he was suddenly enveloped in a hug, since his uncle wasn't prone to such displays of affection, either. "A-are you sure you're feeling well?" he asked, only teasing a little bit. His uncle whapped him lightly upside the head and released him from the hug.

"Take care, Aden."

"I will."

He'd retained enough presence of mind throughout this, however, to follow the group as they'd headed down to the library, but was snapped fully back to the present when the alarms were raised. Heartless had started appearing throughout the Haven. That should be impossible! Yet here they were; refuting their presence by explaining the protections and measures that should have been in place to prevent them wouldn't magically spirit them away.

Someone mentioned a mirror that could serve as a portal to enable them all to escape, and with the Heartless swarming in seemingly without end, retreat was certainly the best option.

A Keywielder he didn't immediately recognize began giving orders for battle formation to protect the library, and Aden was glad someone had taken charge. As a Guardian, Aden moved to the front line as directed. As soon as he saw a Heartless round the corner into the hallway, he cast an Aero on himself and then flung a Blizzard at the Heartless.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta grunted, feeling a heartless shove her backwards in an odd attempt at trying to unbalance her. Watching Karina run off, she sighed and thought about what Karina had said. Karina didn't think of anyone as her friend. Ananta could see why she didn't. What with Beuce and Glen being their comrades and all, but still, isn't it a little unfair to not at least try and become friends with somebody? Looking around herself, Ananta looked at everyone that was still in the area. Some of them she still hadn't fought or explored a world with, but she still trusted them all. Most of them were better wielders than her anyway, with years of experience. She only had maybe a year's worth of experience. She only received her keyblade because her world was ending. Her grandmother said so herself.

Ananta looked at her keyblade and frowned. If her grandmother hadn't been taken away from her, if her entire world was still around, Ananta would probably have never gone on this journey. She'd still be at her home, eating breakfast each day, going to work, having fun, and training to be a Sage. Maybe she wasn't fit to wield this keyblade. After all, if none of this happened, maybe Ananta would be just a normal person. Then again, her grandmother herself told her that some day she'd do great things. Ananta figured she meant as a Sage, she'd do some pretty great stuff. So maybe, being a wielder was what she meant?

Ananta shook her head and turned towards the West Gate. She just couldn't take being around Karina for now. The girl is a lost cause at the moment. Maybe Ananta could try and patch things up later, but right now, Karina was too headstrong about fighting some heartless. As she approached the West Gate, she saw Kross fighting heartless. Instead of saying anything, she simply stood close by and began to fight heartless, still lost in her own thoughts.

11. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross cleaved a heartless in half and his ears picked up the sound of slashing from nearby. He looked back and saw Ananta fighting with him. A small grin was on his face before he turned his attention to a heartless charging at him. He swung up his keyblade and knocked the heartless into the air, finishing it off with a blizzard. He jumped back a little bit until he was close to Ananta."Don't let Karina get to you, Ananta. She says those things but I know the truth about her. She cares about us, and that's all there is to it, now come on, time to show these bullies what we can do!"He said and charged, heartless after heartless flew into the air from Kross's focused swings. Karina wasn't the only wielder with something to prove. Kross wanted to prove he could pull his own weight too, even if it meant he would get himself injured.

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Mission Start!
    Battle of 1000 Heartless

Beuce was glad to see Karina was cooperating, but the heartless were pouring in faster and faster. All four entrances were being swarmed. The south side had the worst of it, but it looked like the heartless there would be tough ones to bring down. Still, they needed to coordinate their attacks if they were going to have any hope. "Huey, Dewey, Louie. You need to climb up high and let us know what we're up against. Get on top of the bookshelves or something. Tell us how each of the groups are doing!" With one last swing, the supports collapsed. The massive telescope that Beuce intended to use to crush the heartless began tilting to the side until finally it began crashing downward toward the behemoths. It looked like the strategy would be a success, until other heartless intervened that is.

Small floating heartless which looked as though they were made of metal packed a surprising punch. Massive beams of energy shot from their mouths and split the telescope in two, saving the behemoths. Their destructive power was deceptively high for such small heartless. He'd have to make sure to watch out for those. Before he had time to complain that the plan hadn't worked, the north side was swarmed even more heavily than it previously was. And that side was full of magic. "Karina, Stratos, you two stay here and help out east side. Base! Aden! You two as well! You four will make up the defense of this door! I'll do what i can to help you out but i need to get to the north side!" With those orders given, he began running at full speed back to the front entrance, he arrived there in time to be assaulted with a barrage of fire and ice spells. Each one wasn't all that powerful, but through sheer numbers they'd easily take him down if they hit. Gripping his keyblade by the hilt momentarily and moving into a high guard, he slashed through the spells, deflecting several of them back to their casters. That seemed to stun them momentarily. Although a few got through, he was able to press on through them.

Upon reaching the horde, he used what was beginning to seem like his trademark move. Readying his keyblade for a moment, The wielder took a deep breath. He was glad Gilgamesh had taught him how to do this. Beuce vanished from sight. The impossibly fast strike cleaved through a great many heartless along the way. At least twenty shadows were taken down, possibly more. However, that was all it hit. Well, at least the grunt troops were easy to take out. Although...The behemoths seemed like another story. They'd require their entire team to take out one of them...Well, he just hoped that they could manage it. "From the looks of it, the horns are the weak points on the behemoths! Everyone get into position! Ananta and Kross, stay where you are on the west side! Rain, and Steel, go help them out! Cat, Glen, Raisor, D'daear, and Eon, you guys cover the south side! Hikaru, Kel, Luna, and Anora, You're all with me in the north side! If we can manage to clear out our respective halls, then we go and help out the others!" Beuce yelled out, barking orders for everyone to get into their strategic positions. From what he knew of each person, the groups would be rather balanced. This was going to be a long battle...

OOC: Heartless count:

NORTH END: 279
    Behemoths: 10
    Red Nocturn: 25
    Blue Rhapsody: 25
    Yellow Opera: 25
    Green Requiem: 25
    Shadow: 39
    Soldier: 30
    Large body: 20
    Trick ghost: 30
    Book master: 15
    Surveilance robots: 35

SOUTH END: 200​
    Behemoth: 5
    Defender: 15
    Large body: 20
    Assault Rider: 15
    Morning Star: 15
    Shadow: 50
    Black fungus: 20
    Bolt tower: 20
    Crescendo: 10
    Soldier: 25
    EAST END: 250​
    Behemoths: 5
    Armored Knight: 55
    Soliders: 65
    Lance Soldiers: 20
    Morning Star: 15
    Assault Riders: 15
    Zip Slashers: 5
    Power Wilds: 50
    WEST END: 250​
    Behemoths: 5
    Hook Bats: 50
    Wyverns: 15
    Air Pirates: 40
    Air Battlers: 40
    Air Knockers: 50
    Rapid Thrusters: 50

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta looked at Kross as he spoke to her. She stood there and stared at him as he told her to not worry about Karina. "You say that now, but I bet if she gets the choice between saving herself and saving us, she'd choose to save herself." she said, stomping a Rapid Thruster that she had slapped with her keyblade. it disappeared and the heart inside of it floated away. As she looked over at Kross, she saw he was launching Rapid Thrusters into the air, dizzying them. "Okay, so I need to take them down, huh?" she said, looking around herself to see if she could find something to use. "Can't use magic, there are like, 7 of them up there....oh!" she mumbled to herself, saying 'oh' loudly as she noticed a Hook Bat flapping about, looking as if it was about to use an attack. Jumping up, Ananta latched her keyblade onto it's hook and spun around in the heartless that Kross had launched and dizzied. She watched as each one exploding and disappeared, leaving their hearts behind. Landing below, Ananta watched the poor Hook Bat try to get away, looking pretty dizzy. Taking her keyblade, she swung it and bopped the Hook Bat on it's head. It disappeared and released the heart within it.

Ananta looked up at the hearts floating away and tilted her head. "Why does that happen?" she asked out loud. "Kross, do you know anything?" she asked. "I mean, why are there hearts floating away? What even are these things..." she questioned, looking at them as they mucked about. A hoof stomped down in front of Ananta and a deafening roar was heard. "Oh shi-" she said, hopping away, trying to not get hit. "Stupid thing, you almost hit me!" she said, stabbing at it with her keyblade, swinging at it and trying to deal some damage. "Well, they say the bigger you are, the harder you'll fall..." she grumbled, hopping back to catch her breath. This was going to be a long battle.

OOC:
    Heartless Killed/Injured
    Rapid Thrusters 8 (8BP spent)
    Hook Bat 1 (1BP spent)
    Behemoth 289/300 (11 BP spent)

Remaining
    Behemoths: 5 (1 injured)[300 BP each]
    Hook Bats: 49 [1BP each]
    Wyverns: 15 [10 BP each]
    Air Pirates: 40 [5BP each]
    Air Battlers: 40 [6BP each]
    Air Knockers: 50 [3BP each]
    Rapid Thrusters: 42 [1BP each]

EXP Writer 1 Bonus
    Ananta: 17 EXP (17 this post)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor sighed a little. There was a blanket of heartless over the area, and he was being ordered around like a recruit. He never did take being ordered around very well, even growing up. Then again, it's not like he can just sit around and do nothing when they were all fighting for their lives. Guess it was better just to go to the South side and fight it out as best as he could. Not looking forward to fighting with his rough arm, he hoped his left side could get better soon. Though if he had to do anything with it, his arm wouldn't heal any better, so he would just have to grit his teeth. He also figured that he his skills would be lacking behind the others given how much more battle they've had in the field while he was missing, so he hoped he didn't do anything stupid and cause trouble.

"Aye, Aye, Mother!!" He yelled toward Beuce, not letting the orders-thing go. "Well, guess I better just do what needs to be done and get through this."

He ran toward the South side of the hall, dodging around items strewn across the hall. Given there was a large fight, it wasn't surprising, but having books all over the place really made it tricky to get an even footing. When he got to his position, he noticed five large Behemoths being surrounded by what seemed a million Shadows. Not the actual heartless Shadows, but the point was pretty clear, if not unnecessary. As though something read his mind, a Shadow jumped at him from out of nowhere behind Raisor. He quickly reacted by pivoting on his right leg and kicking the creature, knocking it back against the wall. He knew he had to use his keyblade, but sometimes his body just reacted the way it wanted to. As he got his bearings, another creature appeared behind him. He quickly swung his keyblade but it bounced off the moment it hit. He immediately jumped back, and just as he did, the creature fell down face-forward. He noticed it was a Large Body, which was why his keyblade bounced. Much as Raisor enjoyed trampolines as a kid, this wasn't amusing. He jumped up into the air and dived down onto the body, not giving it any chance to counter. It vaporized as he landed, giving him one less problem to deal with.

The Large body wasn't the only problem he had though. Before he could even get up from his dive, he got knocked back by something heavy. Slamming against the ground, he blinked, trying to get his vision straight. What had hit him was a Defender. And those things did their job pretty dang well. As it walked toward him, Raisor managed to get up. But considering how slow the Defender was, he figured he could sneak behind it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen the way he wanted, since he had to quickly duck to dodge three Soldiers that spun right over him with their kicks. He was getting annoyed with all these back attacks. Before they got out of his range of attack, he grabbed one Soldier by the arm and slammed another with his Keyblade. Slamming it so hard in fact that it flew into the third soldier before it landed. He gripped the Soldier in his hand and flung it in the air; grabbing his keyblade, he took a powerful downward swing at it, causing the creature to fly toward the Defender. It slammed into its shield, causing the Soldier to disappear, with the Defender not bothered at all.

"Well, i didn't think this was going to be easy, but cut me some slack here." Raisor sighed with an exasperated breath. He hoped the other three were doing fine.

OOC: Heartless Killed
    Soldiers - 3
    Large Body - 1
    Words - 624, 30 EXP

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  15. Skyheart Joker

As the attack of the telescope had failed, Stratos realized that heartless were actually really powerful creatures. Well this was going to be one hell of a gauntlet. As Beuce gave out the positioning orders as to where everyone should defend, he simply saluted and said, "you got it boss."

Running over to the east side, he noticed that he was the first one there. Well that was certainly unfortunate. While he could have waited for the rest of them to get over there, that would only allow the heartless more time to roam, and that would be extremely counter productive to their mission. So he drew his spellbinder keyblade and stared down the army. He had to think about how to deal with these heartless logically at the moment. Not having the strength to full frontal assault them, just charging in there was a tad out of the question. However casting spells would take too long and he couldn't keep them up forever. So probably a mix of both would work out then.

Though he had to start things off by being economical with his MP. And the only spell he knew that could get him the most bang for his buck was- but that was way too close range to be effective. It was then that Stratos had the great idea. Looking over at the bookcases in the library, he quickly ran faster than his speed stat would allow him to go, and grabbed a stack of eight books off the shelf. Running back to the hall, books in tow, he quickly laid them out on a circle around him and then started his spell up. "Oh earthen forces, set those that would trample you ablaze. MINE SQUARE!" With that, he sent his keyblade into the air and the light form the spell flickered off of it. With it, the eight mines were created and each mine laid atop a single book. Spinning his keyblade around, Stratos had begun the onslaught against the heartless before him. Gripping the blade with both of his hands, he kept the point in the air until he finally decided to bring it down in a...golf swing formation.

He started line driving the books directly at heartless. The books sailed through the air, landing on multiple different heartless. Stratos realized it was important to take out the smaller fries first, and so he aimed at the small armor headed mooks with claws. He had no idea that these heartless had names, but going by what the ducks had said, he was going to assume that of all the heartless around, this one was probably befitting of the name "Soldier." The mines then detonated as they came in contact with the soldiers. Two mines hitting each soldier, killing them instantly. He watched as the soldier heartless exploded into black smoke and had something fly out of them until it too eventually flickered into dark smoke and disappeared. What was weird was that it looked like some sort of giant, glowing heart. That seemed like quite the misnomer if these heartless actually had those in them.

It was during this time of thought that another heartless had scampered its way over to him. Its legs seemed to end in a point, and it only had one arm. The other arm seemed to be a sword of some sort. The thing then jumped at Stratos, only for Stratos to quickly put his keyblade him and use the guard skill. Trying to kill this thing as fast as he could, Stratos then unleashed a flurry of strikes from his keyblade, killing the heartless. Wait, when did he learn this command? Being confused at his newly acquired Vorpal Blitz, Stratos readied himself for more fighting.

Ooc:
    EXP Writer: 628 Words, 30 EXP
    Casualties:
    Behemoths: 0/5
    Armored Knight: 1/55
    Soliders: 4/65
    Lance Soldiers: 0/20
    Morning Star: 0/15
    Assault Riders: 0/15
    Zip Slashers: 0/5
    Power Wilds: 0/50

16. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

So far so good. He had just made a massive cleave in the shadow population, but those behemoths were the real threat. If they weren't taken down, then there wasn't much hope for the mission. Well...May as well start from the top...Charging into what would undoubtedly be a grueling battle, Beuce kicked off the fight with a Fira spell. The burning orb of magical power flew through the air, crackling and smoking as it did so. Finally it slammed against the glowing horn with a mid-sized explosion. The behemoth roared rather loudly, shaking the ground as it did so. It didn't seem to like that. Maybe he should do it again! Running up, Beuce climbed onto the beast's arm and did a flip onto its back. Well, he was in a pretty good position to attack. The horn almost seemed to have a barrier around it, but judging from the effect of the Fira spell, he could assume that either it was only a physical barrier, or wasn't actually a barrier at all so much as just looked like one. Only one way to find out. He struggled to keep his balance atop the flailing monster. He held firm and made his way up to the forehead of the heartless.

A few of the ground heartless attempted to make an attack on him, but they didn't seem to be able to make the same trip up onto the heartless' body. They would have been rather annoying if they were constantly attacking him while he was trying to bring this thing down. "Alright, lets do this!"

It didn't seem that he could be hurt overly much while riding the behemoth. That was good to know. It made it even more of a tactical position. Bringing down a hard strike on the horn, a large chip flew out of it. There goes the whole barrier theory. Slashing again over and over, the behemoth thrashed and wailed in pain until finally the light faded from the horn and it knelt over, making it all the more vulnerable to attack. If Beuce thought that it was dead (which he was kinda hoping for, to be honest), he was wrong. As he laid into it, slashing over and over again, until finally all at one the behemoth stood back up, throwing Beuce from the back and letting out an ear shattering roar. Followed by it was a bolt of highly concentrated energy that shot down from the sky. Beuce grunted at the pain of being hit by the attack. As it was over, he began panting. "Ouch. That wasn't very nice. I'll have to pay you back for that!" He charged forward at the monster, attempting to repeat the process. Hopefully someone would heal him too.

EXP:
    This post: 23
    Total: 53

Behemoths: 10/10 (injured 279/300)
    Red Nocturn: 25/25
    Blue Rhapsody: 25/25
    Yellow Opera: 25/25
    Green Requiem: 25/25
    Shadow: 39/60
    Soldier: 30/30
    Large body: 20/20
    Trick ghost: 30/30
    Book master: 15/15
    Surveilance robots: 35/35

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina grunted as Beuce barking orders at everyone. She gave him a glare, she hated orders giving her orders. Who was Beuce to think that he was allowed to order their around. Most people could have a plan, then there where those who where too dumb, like Glen. Either way if she was stuck with people she was not going to take crap from anyone else. She was done with all that. For this battle she would take charge or at least try. If someone didn't want to listen then she didn't care as long as they didn't expect her to listen. It was time for her to put to use what she learned from her father... Well he didn't exactly teach her, instead she would pretend that she was being a good daughter, doing house work and catering to the guests. But her true motives were to eavesdrop on conversations. She generally liked to listen to the planning meetings and such. She enjoyed it honestly though sometimes she didn't totally understand what was going on she picked up on what she could, but her main focus was her strength, getting stronger, proving that she could be as useful as the men.

"Alright listen up!" Karina demanded of her comrades. She was putting her emotions to the side for now. "If we want to win this focus on the small guys first. Take those out before the Behemoths. If you take out the Behemoths first you will think the rest are easy. If that happens you will almost lose power. Start with the small guys and you can work up to them building your adrenaline along the way and clearing the path. It will be easier when you are not tripping over small heartless. This being said if you have a small amount of strength left after taking out some heartless, put that strength towards whittling down the Behemoths. That way when we get to them they will not be as much of a threat. I don't expect you to listen to me, but if you will listen to that ******bag then why not listen to me. After all my father was the general of the army on our planet, I did pick up a thing or to. But if you don't like me enough to listen I will not kill you for it, but they might." Karina finished indicating to the Heartless around them.

Karina turned from her speech and started to plan her exact actions. The soldiers around seemed like a good small place to start. She studied each one close, there movement patterns and where they stopped. She waited a few second preparing her keyblade. She adjusted her grip slightly and waited for three soldiers to be in line before using a strike raid on the three of them taking them all out at once. Karina then turned ninety degrees to her left and used a barrier surge followed by a basic combo to take out another four soldiers. By this point Karina only had the agility for one more consecutive move before she would need to regroup and replan. Karina decided to take her own advice and use the last move on a behemoth though it wasn't going to be strong. It did something to help even in the slightest. With one last charge forward she struck the Behemoth.

Backing up and catching her breath she looked around. It seemed that she didn't do anything to the horde of heartless that stood before her. Even with the seven things she killed it barely made a scratch."Keep it together Karina, if you lose your focus then you will go back to acting on your emotions, you know how bad that can turn out." Karina spoke to herself. Usually she could care less if her emotions got the better of her, but if she died there was a chance the rest of them would die as well, something she was not willing to let happen.

Words: 668
    Exp: 30
    Total: 30

Casualties:
    Armored Knight: 1/55
    Soliders: 11/65

Injuries:
    Behemoths 299/300

18. Skyheart Joker

After having killed the heartless that were attacking him, Stratos heard someone speak up within his group of five. The girl, Karina, who he had seen do nothing but be annoyed about just about everything so far. Despite this, Stratos wasn't about to let his own personal feelings get in the way of this mission, and thus he listened to what his comrade in arms had to say. He was then relieved that it was actually sound advice that she was giving. Granted, Stratos had somewhat planned on killing the small fry seeing as he didn't have the strength to bring down a bigger heartless, but hey it was the thought that counted. He gave a quick salute to the girl as he said, "roger that."

He watched as she bull charged the soldier heartless, knocking them out completely and then basically all but tapping a single behemoth. It was what she said to do alright...he just wasn't expecting it to be that little of a poke. Ah well. He then realized that there was something interesting about her. Despite her frame, she seemed to have some sort of ridiculous amounts of strength behind all of her attacks...which could only mean she was lacking in just about every other area. Being someone who basically threw herself in the center of the heartless, not having any bulk would probably be a bit of detriment to her. Spinning around his keyblade, he began to ready up another spell. "Breeze that flows, become a wall to defend. AERO!" With that, he thrust the keyblade into the air and created a wind barrier around Karina to help her defend against the oncoming onslaught.

However, the heartless did not want him to continue being a back row supporter, and instead, three armored knights immediately came at Stratos immediately after he casted the spell. The three the began a relentless barrage against him as they brought down their swords onto him. Stratos brought spellbinder up and took his guard stance in order to prevent any damage from coming through to him. This was bad. He thought of using Vorpal Blitz again to get out of this situation, however he felt as if he could not use it again. Wait a second, that was a command. And commands had cool downs. Man that really sucked.

He started to think about what he could do in this situation, though the options were really limited. Attacking was out of the question. With barely any strength to speak of, even if could push them away with his guard, there was no way he could kill them fast enough. Even with Vorpal Blitz, that only killed one at a time, and with the rest around he would get attacked instantly. Couple that with the fact that he didn't have enough to speed to actually react in time to guard against their attacks if he did break guard. Then there was the skill Gilgamesh taught him, but that had far too much of a start up time to be used here. And if he tried to cast spells he would just slashed before he could even fire them off.

It was then that Stratos remembered something he could totally do in this situation. With his heart starting to glow, and skipping all useless chants, he slammed his fist against it, causing both him and the three heartless surrounding him to be engulfed in a giant dome of solar flame. With the dome dissipating on him, he quickly pointed his keyblade at the behemoth saying, "blah blah blah. FIRE!" With that quickened spell chant, a shot of fire homed in on the behemoth, only for it to swerve away from the horn and making it do minimal damage. Ah well, there were still many fish to fry before the big guy went down.

Ooc:
    EXP Writer: 642 Words, 30 EXP
    Total: 60 EXP
    Casualties:
    Armored Knight: 4/55
    Soliders: 11/65

Injuries:
    Behemoths 297/300

19. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce ran at the behemoth yet again. However, since he was on the ground this time, other heartless stood in his path. So, they didn't like him wailing on their behemoth buddy did they? Well too bad! One of them was fat, so therefore they all had to die. Beuce punched a soldier which jumped at him and performed a sweeping kick to knock back a shadow. Throwing his keyblade over, it cleaved through a shadow as it spun, whirling through the air and making an audible sound as the wind parted by its path. Eventually it collided with a large body. Given his experience, he expected the attack to simply bounce off of the creature's belly, but instead he got a pleasant surprise. It tore right through its deflective girth and damaged the thing. While it was in the air, Beuce made good use of his free hands. The soldier he had earlier struck was pounced onto and kicked into the air. Performing a mock vorpal blitz, he leaped into the air. His hand was coated in an icy aura, strengthening its power. With a heavy blow, his open fist collided with the unfortunate creature's face and drug it plummeting back down to the ground. Upon slamming into the floor, its body bounced upward from the impact, but its head was held in place by the keyblade wielder's grip. The last little bit of its health was rended from it by a Fira being shot point blank into its face.

A small pink heart floated into the sky shortly before vanishing. Without getting out of the position, he simply held out his left hand and let his keyblade return to his palm from the strike raid. That had consumed roughly 4 bp and accomplished taking out a soldier and a shadow, but it was flashy. Standing back up, the large body he had struck with the keyblade began jumping up and down in a fit of rage. In fact, it was so pissed off it was glowing with sheer rage. That might have been intimidating had it not been that an obese heartless was waddle jumping and Beuce had heard them referred to as "muffin men" before. The sight was almost laughable. And by almost laughable i mean exactly that except without the almost. He let out a small chuckle before being bum rushed into the wall. "Okay...ow." From the looks of things, the heartless just stood there looking confused for a moment. Not the brightest. As Beuce got up to make a counterattack, he winced at the pain. He may have hit hard, but he could take a hit to save his life. Which in most cases the ability to take a hit would in fact accomplish just that purpose. Eh, can't be a master at everything.

He came round two. The large body slapped its belly and began charging at Beuce again. This time, he was prepared to counter it. Waiting for the opportune moment, he charged up a skill in his hand. A dark purple smog manifested itself in the center of his palm, which he then proceeded to transmit to his weapon via a slow stroke along the blade of it. His weapon now completely cloaked in a dark miasma, he thrust the keyblade forward, directly into the gut of the large heartless which had attacked him. The two stood there for a moment, seemingly frozen in the clash, not knowing who won. Finally, a "prcghwoo" sound was heard, and the sound of metal clanging against stone echoed as his keyblade hit the floor. "A little help here?" He said, then let out what seemed like a strenuous cough. He needed one of his allies to heal him.

Words: 624
    Total: 83 exp
    Behemoths: 10/10 (injured 279/300)
    Red Nocturn: 25/25
    Blue Rhapsody: 25/25
    Yellow Opera: 25/25
    Green Requiem: 25/25
    Shadow: 38/60
    Soldier: 29/30
    Large body: 19/20
    Trick ghost: 30/30
    Book master: 15/15
    Surveilance robots: 35/35

20. Skyheart Joker

Stratos had decided that standing in one place and casting spells was most likely not going to be the best plan of action. And so he started to dodge roll around the place, avoiding heartless that decided to come at him. However, he realized that just dodging them would cause an opening for the heartless to go through and attack the mirror. That would be a tad bit of a problem. And so he had to use the power of his inner armordillo. Rolling back, he started to roll between enemies in order to taunt them and get them over to him. Stratos was not in any position to do anything to them once he did have their attention though.

So with not the best of plans being executed at the moment, he decided he would deal with this taunted bunch first. It was two armored knights and two soldiers. Okay, not the biggest crowd, but it was something he could deal with easily. Not to mention these four had buddies that were willing to kill him at a moments notice if he took too long. The first armor knight jumped at Stratos with a slash to cleave off his head, only for Stratos duck in time. The second one then followed up with a downward strike at him. Bringing up his keyblade to block the strike, he then saw the two soldier prep up some sort of weird strike at him. Pushing the blade away as fast as he could, Stratos then preformed a high jump to avoid getting slaughtered by the two soldier's dash attacks.

As he came back down, the two armored knights then prepped up their blades and struck them straight at the falling Stratos. Twisting his body a bit, he brought his keyblade in front of him to block the brunt of the attacks, causing him to be knocked through the air from the impact. He then bounced across the ground a few times, before standing up to see a soldier heartless dash straight at him. Moving faster then he thought he could, Stratos quickly brought his keyblade in front of him, casting fire almost instantly. The soldier had dashed straight into the fireball, and exploded immediately from the attack.The next soldier had already prepped up his attack, and as such Stratos brought his keyblade in front of him to block the attack. When the hit was cancelled out, he then hit the heartless with a full combo only for it to not die, and the other two armored knights to come at him for another frontal assault.

As if his only skill was guard, Stratos continued to hold his ground against the armored knights until he realized something. With the cooldown having been completed, Stratos pushed the knights away and launched a Vorpal Blitz on one. The heartless was soon eliminated only for Stratos to follow up with an aerial attack against the remaining armored knight. With the two being blade being locked, the Armored Knight was easily able to out muscle Stratos, and pushed him through the air again. The armor knight then leaped through the air at Stratos once more, and tried to cleave him. Seeing the Soldier charging at him again, guarding would be impossible and thus he dodge rolled out of the way. Having rolled behind the armored knight, he unleashed another combo only for it to not die as well. With the knight being stunned, Stratos was able to unleash another combo on the soldier, actually killing it. With the knight recovering, Stratos parried its final strike and Stratos ended it with a few combos. With that over with, Stratos just flung his keyblade (not strike raid,) at the behemoth, basically poking it.

OOC:
    EXP Writer: 625 Words, 30 EXP
    Total: 90 EXP
    Casualties:
    Armored Knight: 6/55
    Soliders: 13/65