Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen heard Eon move before the attack connected. Not too absorbed in his own ego, the keyslinger rolled out of the way quite swiftly before he was hit. He didn't avoid it completely, however, as his shoulder took the hit, but majority of it narrowly missed him. Turning around and holding his keyblade up in an aggressive posture, he shot a half cocky/half annoyed grin in Eon's direction. "Pretty low move refusing to hit somebody until their back's turned. Haven't grown any balls yet, Eon?" he taunted, swinging his weapon at Eon as it was engulfed in fire, using his Fire Strike.

2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

"An'tic ne unberall, jish no'lwa unda to op'el."Kross said in response to her assumption. He smiled a little."It's my people's language for 'magic is everywhere, just know where to look'."He said."We do believe in magic, how can the trees sprout leaves and the ground bloom flowers? How can the sun shine and set? How can the moon light the darkness of night? While we don't believe in magic as you see it, we believe in magic in nature."He said."Though it looks like I don't have to tell you that I'm a believer now."He said and listened to her as she spoke."I'm hoping for something a little more temperate myself..though I won't complain."He said. Her mention of Nequa sparked a startled look from Kross, looking at her."You've met one of them..I've only met Aux and he isn't a pushover..he's wicked strong."He said. When she asked about his age, he tilted his head a little, was she forgetfful?" Well I thought I told you..but in any case, I'm 17."He said and looked at her."Ananta, I wanted to ask you something, why did you want to be a wielder?"

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta tilted her head as Kross spoke in his world's language. "Your world has a different language than the common one?" Ananta said, smiling a bit. "My world had a different language too...once used ages ago, before the common language became predominant. Now, only the sages use it regularly enough to speak it. In some cases, sages and their underlings and their successors will have full conversations using only the language. Take for example you say 'magic is everywhere, just know where to look' and it can roughly be translated to..." she stopped to think for a moment. "Nakik is...ipilioaxaili... ia..ost...kno-oa oaxaili...to lo-ok..." she cleared her throat. At the same time, she had written down the sentence to show Kross what it would look like written and so one could see it was pronounced differently than the way it was written. "in my language, my name is pronounced "Aahnoaahnotiaah"...a mouthful, really, so my mother just said my name in the common language...usually." she sighed, thinking about it all. She still had a bit to go before she could speak sentences with confidence in her world's language, but for now she could only think of how to say things. She then thought about the rest of the things Kross had said to her. She responded to him questioning about the natural things and chuckled. "On my world, we don't have a sun or moon. Technically, we don't even know if it's night or day most of the time if it were not for our clocks. The Mother Crystal is very bright." she said, holding onto her crystal. "And everything springs from her water that's full of energy. So, everything on my world is made of energy. Even me. We can recover energy either from the Mother Crystal, our main source, or from other people by converting their mana to energy. Although it doesn't give as much." she said, tapping her crystal.

Kross mentioned someone named Aux. He made it seem like Aux and Nequa were quite strong and could possibly be related somehow. Perhaps together in the same organization or something. "I have a feeling Nequa and Aux are both working for the big bad guy. They both were really strong from the sound of it." she grumbled, grabbing another energy from her pocket. Munching on it, she heard Kross' question. 'Why did you want to be a wielder?' he asked. Taking a hard bite out of the energy bar, she frowned. "I didn't ask to be a wielder. It was forced onto me when I watched my world crumble. I don't know who did it, but at the end, my parents both died. From dark beings I guess. When I went to the Mother Crystal, Elder Anta was standing beside the Mother Crystal and told me I had a power to wield keyblades, and I fell. I passed out and appeared in the Castle of Dreams, still clutching the keyblade. I got up and left the castle I was in front of and found a carriage being attacked by creatures. So I helped and well...that's all history." she said, finishing the energy bar. "Did the same happen to you or did you know you could wield one for awhile? I seem to be a minority around here, lots of people had theirs for a bit before they left or were asked to help Master Yen Sid. I didn't get a letter or at least didn't know I had one..." Ananta trailed off, crumpling the wrapper to the energy bar.

4. Krowley Moderator

MAIN HALL

"Heh, yeah," Hikaru replied, with a small a small bit of discomfort in his voice. The lack o helmet made his face feel naked with everyone examining it. Not that his visage was all that special, but it was a lot to deal with, not being able to shroud his face anymore. Everything he is or ever was, was now displayed for the rest of his companions to see. Albeit, it would definitely strength trust, he probably wouldn't have even done so if the helmet hadn't shattered.

Amidst the discussion of old and new wielders, he saw Kaida attempt to approach the group, with the small moogle from earlier tagging alongside her. She stepped lightly, as was her hunter styled nature, but the bright yellow she wore stood out enough to notice that it was her. Clearing his throat, he spoke to the group. "As great as it is to see you all again, I think you should head to the hall of records, y'know? At least for a while as we regroup- well, I mean you..." He looked to Aden and Anora, whom he hoped would be excited at what he said next.
    "Kel's still around, and I'll gladly join you when I can... but, I have to do something first."

He stumbled along his words, just trying to get them to head over to other familiar faces as he confronted Kaida on something he needed to show her.
    As she entered the main hall, he intercepted her path and looked straight into her face. "Hey... is it okay if we talk for a minute?"

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida watched as the group seemed to break off after Hikaru told them something, and she was aiming to just keep on walking. But he cut off her path and asked if they could talk. Kaida looked at the moogle with her, and the moogle looked back at her. Then Kaida started to looked around the rest of the room and the moogle looked around confused before it spoke, "What's wrong Kaida, kupo?"

She stopped looking in the other direction and placed her hand up to her chest, "Am I going insane Jax? Does Hikaru actually want to talk to me?" she let out laugh and raised up her hands, "Well he didn't want to talk about leaving to find Aux. In fact he seems to have a new group of friends. For all I know he's got one of them right behind me and actually wants to talk to them..." Kaida pretended to put her arm around a person and spoke, "Well hello... er... Air. How long have you been hanging out with Hikaru... oh sorry Krowle-"

"KUPO!"

Kaida jumped and stared at the moogle scared before he went close to Kaida's face, "Don't be mean to your friend, kupo." then he flew off towards the Hall of Records. She let out a quick breath and scratched the back of her head, "Alright I'm being a jerk, I'm sorry. What do you want to talk about?"

6. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel was not impressed with Hikaru's answer. The boy seemed nervous and a tad out of it. "Wondrous words sir. Simply inspired." he muttered as said person walked off to talk to Kaida instead. He took the final bite of his energy bar before wadding up the wrapper, levitating it between his hands, and incinerating in a small puff of fire; littering was bad for the environment, and trash dumps were pretty much the same thing. "Very well then," he said as he dusted his hands. "I suppose we should get going to the hall of records." He looked around at everyone and shrugged. "The pursuit of knowledge is usually just; perhaps we'll learn something interesting." With that he began walking.

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

Seiza let out a sigh as he put back down the book he was looking through and replied, "Central Haven may be open to guests from everywhere.... but with it's Mark of Mastery exams they are very particular who they give them to. They want people to train with the masters, and the masters either give them the exam on their own, or they get Kuma to do it... you could go and ask Kuma if you'd like... but..." he heard a beeping noise come from his monitor and he quickly looked at it nervous before he calmed down, "Kuma can be tough about it."

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Still very much determined to ace the mark and go challenge the guardians, Beuce began to ask where to find this Kuma and go take the mark, but he noticed the machines on Seiza's arm acting up. He looked nervous about it. Giving a puzzled expression, Beuce looked closer at it. It seemed to be monitoring his vital signs, particularly his heartbeat. "So uh...How'd that happen?" He asked, geniunely wanting to know the story behind it. It was a curious thing, and not something you saw every day. It probably made the guy uncomfortable talking about it, so it wouldn't surprise him if he didn't answer.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina's eyes opened. It had not been long since she passed out of exhaustion, maybe five minutes or so. Karina was still weak only due to the poison and did not care to get back in the fight but she wouldn't let Glen have the satisfaction that she was down for long. Karina got herself off the ground and stood against one of the walls. The glare she gave Glen was nothing less then a death glare. Her eyes where dark and seemingly soulless as she had her head down but she was looking up. Her dark hair covered part of her left eyes and the rest hung loose down her back. Her keyblade was gripped tightly in her right hand. Anyone who walked in and saw Karina at this moment would know that you wouldn't want to mess with her at the time. In fact if you didn't know her, her current mood and look could be mistaken for dark and evil. This being said from a lot of peoples points of view she could very well be evil. Her opinionated attitude brought about her hating her allies and now wanting to kill one of them, possibly two but the other was on a border still. But when it was all done and over with the one that everyone failed to realize was that she hated herself more then any of them. She was simply projecting her own hate onto others. That was why in the end she would stand up for her comrades whether she liked them or not.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

Seiza was expecting a question about where to find Kuma next, so he was genuinely surprised when he was asking him about... well... his machine. He looked back at it for a moment and smiled a little sadly, "It is not uncommon for people on this world to not come from here. A friend and I were both trying to just... go to another world from our homeworld. So we built ourselves a ship. We didn't know the concepts of gummi ships or any of that so it was entirely homemade without certainty that it would work. We weren't done with it yet, and my friend... accidentally turned on the ship when I was working on it. Everything with the trip went wrong and while they did not mean to, they damaged my heart. We were fortunate to get to this world in time, where they helped get me healed up. But my heart is still very weak and damaged, just a bit of stress is enough to raise an alert. It's why I stick around here, it's not too far from the medical section and..." he was silent for a moment as he looked back up and the observatory section where he could see stars outside of the window and he spoke, "It basically involves less extremes for me... it's just like my home and involves..." the ending of what he said sounded like he didn't mean it, "...it involves less unneeded travel." he quickly turned back to the group and smiled, "So do you want to know where to find Kuma then?"

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce listened to the story with interest. He genuinely felt sorry for the guy. He was trapped in this library, never able to wander too far from it for fear that something might happen and he wouldn't be able to get to help in time. Beuce would probably have gone insane from that if he were stuck in the same situation. He put on a content face, but anyone could tell he wasn't really happy with it. Why would he be? He was trapped in this situation, because of someone else's mistake. He could tell that he didn't begrudge his partner for the accident, but he had to have some regret about the event. Seiza was in a cage. It didn't have any locks or bars, but it was sure enough a cage nonetheless. Nodding, Beuce indicated he wanted to try and find Kuma. "Yeah. I've got new reason for finding him now. I'm going to ace that mark, Find the guardians, and when i find the light guardian, i'm going to come back to this world and heal you back to mint condition!" Said the red-clad keyblade wielder. He smiled at Seiza. Beuce really meant what he said. He was now out to find the guardian of light to help him recover his strength, and be free.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat couldn't help but eavesdrop at Beuce and Seiza's conversation. She figured this Kuma character would be tough to convince to give them the exam right now, but what interested her more was the story about his heart. It was sad and she certainly felt bad for the guy, but Beuce seemed to sympathize with him on a whole other level. He said he would pass the mark and find the light guardian so he could fix the damage, and Cat smiled. Still, who knew how many uses the guardian's spell had? If it was limited, she would have to make a choice. And she already knew who she'd save if it came down to it.
    She shook her head, trying to knock those thoughts away before they made her feel awful. It seemed like Beuce was too determined for his own good, and either way she needed to join in on this noble crusade of theirs. She closed the book, rubbed her face with her hands and stood up. "So, where exactly do you think we could find Kuma?"

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

Seiza listened to Beuce speak and chuckled, "A hopeful journey. But no one knows the powers of the guardians. Can you be certain that will be what you receive? Either way... that would be the greatest thing anyone has done for me." he looked back at his arm and continued, "And I didn't even catch your name." he looked back at Beuce and Cat, since those two seemed to be the ones interested and spoke, "Kuma is in the training grounds, if you'd like I could bring yo-"

"Kuuupooooo."

Seiza looked over at the moogle coming in the room and a rapid beeping could be heard from his monitor, "I thought you were with Kaida whe-"
    "She's talking to a friend, kupo... meanly. but she's talking to a friend."

The beeping settled down and he started breathing slowly, "Don't do that to me."
    "Sorry, I did mean t-"
    "You wouldn't happen to know where the training grounds are, would you?"
    "Yup, Kaida pointed them out to me earlier, kupo."
    "Great, then you can take these two to them for me, okay?"
    "Sure!"

The moogle looked at Beuce and Cat and spoke, "This way, kupo!" and it flew off ahead.

14. Krowley Moderator

"Uhh... thanks," he replied as Jax defended him. He gave short nod and waved as the small creature flew off to follow the rest of the group to the hall of records.
    His attention back on Kaida, he reached into his back pocket and took out a scorched lion and broken wolf that were whittled by her some time ago. "When I was trying to convince Aux to come back, he umm... didn't didn't take it well." He showed the damage done to Kaida. While they were not completely destroyed, the sign of disrespect done to the precious mementos she he had put her hard work into.

"But it got me thinking, on what it means to be a real friend." He put both of the figures into one hand and took out one more from his back pocket. It was a crudely crafted figurine with what looked like wings attached to a misshapen head. "I know it's not as good as the ones you made for us, but it's my way of saying what I think you are... You're a bird." He paused as he realized how silly that sounded when saying it out loud. Trying to explain his reasoning, he went into detail. "W-what I mean by that, is that the sky is never the limit for you. You speak your mind, protect your own, and never stay in one place because you need to. And you can never stay grounded because... you were meant to fly."

He blushed and shyly handed it to her as he accompanied it with a weak smile. "I cut myself with a lot with the tools, but I hope the effort means something."

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida had her hands in her pockets the whole time he spoke, she stared more at the hand with the broken and burned wood than she did at his present. It was clearly bothering her. But she finally snapped herself out of it to have more of a look at the gift he made her, and the explanation made her smile. She took the charm wordlessly and examined it, looking at all of what he attempted. One of the marks she looked at and she knew there was only one way he could have made a mistake like that, and she grabbed his hand and spoke, "Hikaru when you whittle, you whittle away from you." she examined the hand and chuckled, "You got really lucky with that one, when I made a mistake like that before I sliced off quite a bit of my skin."

She let go of his hand and spoke, "Aux's charm would be easy to fix... burnt wood you just need to chip off, unless he burned it internally too... and... well... fighting him in the past he wasn't necessarily that bad but I have no idea how he is at this point." She seemed to be avoiding the topic of the charm but after a moment she walked close to him and gave him a hug, "Thanks you... I do like the gift, I'm also glad you're okay."

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat looked at the moogle. He was still super cute, and seeing him admittedly brought a smile to her face. When she heard him mention that Kaida was "being mean" to a friend, she almost chuckled. That did sound like her. Seiza seemed to leave the wielders in Jax's hands and he began to fly out to lead them to Kuma. She followed him, ready to take the exam or tire herself out trying.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Cat's answer wasn't a very surprising one in the slightest, but Kel didn't ask about it again. Instead he listen in on Beuce's and Saiza's conversation. He definitely wasn't expecting to hear that he was pretty much stuck here due to the possibility of something going wrong should he leave. That truly did suck, but hopefully Saiza liked books. That least being stuck here wouldn't be all that bad. A bit later a moogle showed up and seemed to know where the Training Grounds and Kuma were. Seeing as he had nothing else to do here, he followed behind Cat and Beuce as they left with the Moogle.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As Luna listened to Seiza and the Moogle, she saw Kel, Cat, and Beuce starting to head out of the room. She took a couple of steps toward them and call out to them. "If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna stay here. There's a couple of things I need to look up and it's really important that I find what I'm looking for. I really want to go with you guys and find out more about the Mark of Mastery and see if I can take it or not but I really need to stay behind and look. So if possible....." Luna remained silent for a brief moment before resuming her sentence. "Can you guys or at least one of you come back after you spoken with Kuma and tell me what happened please?" Luna remained in one spot until she received an answer from the group of three.

19. NikkiNoNo Destiny Islands Resident

Anora noticed how uncomfortable Krow-Hikaru was. She smiled softly at his little reactions noticing how shy he actually was. It was different from before, when she first met him he had the air of mystery but also of a leader. Even if she did not know what was behind the mask back then she felt he could be trusted. Watching him leave the white haired female heard Steel's comment and playfully pushed him. "Don't be like that, he's shy. There is nothing wrong with that." She chuckled and looked to Aden and Raisor before searching for the other two, her blue eyes catching them talking off in a corner. How romantic~ she thought. "Ananta, Kross, Kro-Hikaru, said we should head to the Hall of Records to regroup." She called out to them, just informing them so they wouldn't be lost after their conversation. Looking at the others close to her. "Alright, let's get going." She was definitely excited to see Kel, she remembered the last time she saw him and wondered if the few others she met would also be there. Once at the top of the stairs and making their way down the hall she decided to speak up on something that had been on her mind. Something Hikaru said. "What did Kr-sigh-Hikaru mean by only us regrouping and not him as well?" She looked to Aden, Raisor and Steel.

20. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Steel's words and Anora's accepting smile were barely caught by the dilated blue eyes that induced D'daear's reverie while he lounged about in the back of the scene. In the moment of thoughts, feet and legs began to move on their own while mind remained in thought, removing him away from the scene that was unfolding in the main hall as well as any passerby. The young boy was still stuck in limbo, untethered by the reality he once perceived as truth. After having seen Gaston's life end before those blue innocent eyes, it had become the advent of an aggressive wake up call; unbeknownst to him at the time. Life had its ups and downs no doubt, and from what he was told, the other worlds were different with their own laws and way of living. He knew that much...he was taught this principle by the kin he called, Great Grandmother. Yet, nothing could've prepared him for the stark contrast that wasn't Perfec Eev; (the boy's home-world where no darkness exists, and where the true meaning of peace reigned over its citizens.) It was D'daear's first time visiting another world, and what happened? He held witness to darkness taking form of Statues, and a large monstrosity. He watched Beast become wounded near death, he watched Gaston fall into the dark crevice that separated the castle with the outer lands, and most of all he watched as they all failed miserably at defeating Aux; as well as fail at securing a happy ending for the two love driven couple. Oh, and the curse brought upon Beast and his servants...how would they save them now? Everything his great grandmother had told him in regards to the other worlds, was it all a lie or was it merely sugar coated truth to retain the boy's innocence in a world that shunned the dark?

"How could she have lied to me...about...everything? " he uttered in silence as the floor beneath him passed him by. A scowl overtook his face while sneakers continuously tapped on the marble floor as he continued to walk along. Regret clutched the boy's heart while he raised a curled fist a few inches away from his downcast. "This all started because of the stupid keyblade... I should've never taken that inheritance ceremony..." he let the words trail ethereally. So deep in thought was he, that the boy had been completely oblivious to his surroundings. He was no longer with the group, and had parted ways on accident. Without even looking, he had passed by an unfamiliar blue haired individual whom was conversing with herself. However, it was background noise to him like someone so focused on a particular moment that everything just gets zoned out. Eventually he made way to the training grounds, where the sound of controlled chaos awoke him from the trail of thoughts. Eyes widened as he witnessed combat among allies, causing lazed hands to tense somewhat. Two people were fighting amongst one another while another seemed to be taking a break. Undeniably, D'daear instantly recognized one of them. It was the female soldier whom he distinctively remembered back at Beast's castle as having...attitude. It didn't take long to realize that she seemed to be at the end of her ropes, perhaps dealing with exhaustion. The point being she wasn't looking too good.

"Pretty low move refusing to hit somebody until their back's turned. Haven't grown any balls yet, Eon?" spoke a voice a ways ahead of the exhausted female. D'daear took a step back, noticing the menacing look the girl was giving the two in current conflict. A cold shiver traveled down his spine as such a stare could only mean one thing: A woman's fury. Eyes remained widened while a cold sweat formed itself on the sides of the boy's forehead, the mandible tensed with teeth gritted in recognition of such intense emotion.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014