Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Mysty Unknown

Eon followed along with the others. The idea was brilliant and didn't need much recollection of thought. Karina's reaction to his question was... odd. When he was older? Was it something he shouldn't know at his age. He would just brush it aside if he were too young. Next came her mumbling something strange regarding something much different. "Karina, you okay?" He asked, worried she was catching Beuce's schizophrenia.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

"Well, You might know it, but i'm pretty sure none of you have ever actually seen it though, or maybe even know much about it. It's called Reluctancy." Beuce said, beginning his explanation on the spell. Despite the carefree slacker impression he gave off, he was actually somewhat well versed in academics. He lead an army. He had to be somewhat smart. Whether he acted on the intelligence or not varied like the direction of the wind. "It's an advanced type of thaumaturgy, originally used by dragons, that bends the world between you and your enemy, creating a barrier of sorts. It's not that it's difficult to break in and of itself, but it drains the willpower of anyone who thinks about trying down to nothing. You don't want to break it no matter what. You still want to get to your opponent, just not badly enough to break that field. There's not a being alive willful enough to break the Reluctancy shield. Thing is it works both ways, so it's best used to provide some cover while you heal up and get ready for the next attack." He stopped and thought about what he just said. He was being useful again. Why was he doing that so much in this world? He was meant to be comic relief, not the leader of the group.

3. Skyheart Joker

Stratos listened to what Beuce had to say about this new spell of his, known as Reluctancy. Beuce seemed to know a good deal about the power behind the magic, though Stratos was curious as to how he had learned a type of magic that doesn't fall into the basic archetypes of magic. Stratos had heard of different variations of the archetypes, such as switching gravity to zero gravity or combing thunder and gravity to create magnet, but this seemed so far a deviation from any of those that he had no idea how one good about using it. However, once Beuce had finished his explanation, Stratos said, "so basically, its a spell that makes people not want to attack each other? That does sound useful if we're going to have analyze our opponent in our fight."

Stratos then went to thinking about the fight and then said, "though even with all the spells we have, we still run into a few problems with the plan. No offense Kel, but I don't really get the whole, magically talented vibe from you, and so the damage output from him using spells probably won't be the greatest. Not to mention we are going against a witch, who probably knows a few things in terms of having magical defense. Not to mention, we have the whole limited amount of spells we can cast, and I'm pretty doubtful we'll all have enough mana to last us through the entire battle. In that case, do you think we should try improvising weapons from the environment around us and not use them as swords but rather some other archetype of weapon?"

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Beuce's explanation of this ability or magic or whatever he had was pretty far fetched. it sounded like it could possibly work, but why would they not want to attack a boss or enemy? Ananta rattled her brains, trying to think, and it dawned on her. "Oh! Do you mean, it let's us have a moment to wait and see what the enemy wants to do next and thus we get a chance to heal or take a rest?" she said. Stratos spoke next and she nodded. "Yeah, I was thinking of something we could use. Like...this?" she said, holding up a rather decently sized stick. It was pointy and thick, perfect for smacking people or things with. Though it could use a bit more sharpening to be a bit more deadly. "It needs a bit more sharpening, but I guess we could all try and sharpen our own sticks while we wait for Madame Mim to do something." she said, grabbing a sharp rock and using it to try and sharpen her stick some.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida wasn't quite sure if her clothes stood out like the other three, but she didn't see a problem with trying to get something else to help them blend in. The best she figured they could do was pretend to be outsiders from another town coming in and getting clothes in the heat of the moment. Yeah, that could work, except her plans never seemed to actually be fully realized.

Within a few minutes, Rapunzel and Flynn decided that they all should enter the kingdom silently. When they got there, there was a mention of the group splitting up. But before Kaida could even put in a word about it, Rapunzel and Flynn were off, Rapunzel with her trusty frying pan.

She wasn't entirely sure if she truly wanted to chase after them, so she looked at the rest of the group and spoke, "I think they'll be fine... for now... we got her to the kingdom right?"

6. Aelin Best Waifu

"I'm fine!" Karina said quickly, barely turning her head back to talk to him. She was retreating into her own world of despair once more, but she wouldn't let it show if she could help. She would prefer to keep them all hidden, and to herself, playing the part of the strong one if she could help it. But even Karina knew that it would only last for so long. Even she knew that she would eventually break and that point was approaching quick. She could feel it.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

Remaining somewhat quiet while the discussion of appearances was being carried out, Glen now felt he should actually say something. Something about the way things were didn't quite make sense. Yeah, they had gotten Rapunzel to the 'city with the floating lights' like she had wanted, and they hadn't really run into any trouble on the way, but Flynn had proved before that he could abandon people at a moments' notice. "Maybe she will be fine, maybe things will go beautifully for her and she'll live happily ever after. Maybe. Kaida, you weren't here when we got here, but Flynn left us for dead. He's a thief, seems only interested in himself, and I don't even trust him as far as I can throw him, who is to say he doesn't go and leave Rapunzel out here alone and abandoned once we're not around to keep him in line?" he questioned, believing himself to have a valid point, but having a feeling that the others wouldn't necessarily agree.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

As Kel listen to the explanation that Beuce gave, he thought back to the time in Castle of Dreams where they sat there and did nothing. Both the keyblade wielder and the unversed before them. "Oh, that spell." He probably did know it, but didn't give it any thought at all in the slightest. Then came Stratos's comment at his magical ability, which Kel had no problems with. "None taken, I'm more of a physical/magic enhanced fighter." Then cam the mention of improvising weapons as oppose to swords, Kel opened his eyes. While unfortunately most of his weapon ideas were sword based, there was one thing he had in mine that could use. So he took a second to roll back before leaping onto his feet. "If we're going to improvise weapons, then I got something in mind." He said before adding. "I'll be back before the senile old hag realizes I'm gone."

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat listed as they discussed the matter of clothes. It might be helpful to change out their wardrobe, but they'd managed just fine before -- then again, they hadn't been wanted before. Before anyone could object, they moved into town and the group was split into natives and foreigners. She listened to Kaida and Glen discuss Rapunzel's well being with such a jerk and waited until Glen was finished to put her two cents in. "He's right. I trust Flynn about as far as Rapunzel could throw him, but she's not alone with him. Max is there too, and a horse from the royal knights wouldn't just let him do what he did to us." She hated to admit it, but she might be better off away from their group. They were wanted, and while Flynn was too, none of the posters they'd seen had his... likeness. "For now, I think some new duds might be a good idea. We'll figure out our next move from there."

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida raised up her hands in defense and spoke, "I wasn't saying just to leave and let the two do their own thing. I meant just keep a distance to... let them do their own thing while we make sure Flynn doesn't pull anything." she looked over at Flynn and continued, "I'm aware he is a trouble maker, I came here with a guard horse to arrest him."

Kaida fixed up her hair again and spoke, "So new clothes and... oh." she saw an advertisement for the festival and Kaida read it. From what little she had researched on this world, she was aware of what this festival was for. But, she still wasn't about to tell them her whole reason for being here. Kaida looked over to them, playing dumb a bit, "A festival landed on her birthday? That's pretty neat. Did you guys know about that?"

11. Krowley Moderator

~MISSION START!~

As Rapunzel pulled him away, Flynn kept a constant look to see if any guards were roaming. She was occupying herself with some artwork that children were creating on the floor and happily joined in the fun. After all that containment in her tower, it was refreshing to see her playing with others. Flynn on the other hand was still on the lookout. He wasn't a total stranger like the keybladers, but he obviously stood out among the crowd of villagers. Maximus too was on the lookout for any of his fellow horsemen or horse allies. Seems they were more concerned with the capture of Flynn Rider. An arrest he would gladly go through with, did he not promise the blonde haired girl otherwise.

An opportunity presented itself as two guards walked up to an apple stand. Maximus' ears perked up at the royal colors of their armor. He looked over by the stand, then back to Flynn and contemplated one of the hardest decisions he would ever have to make in his career as a guard's horse. Flynn arched an eyebrow until he caught on to the connection the stallion had just made. He too looked from the guards back to Maximus.
    "Don't you do it..."
    Maximus' eyes once again sped off Flynn and to the stand.
    "Don't you do it, horse!" h warned once more.
    Unable to pass the chance. he began to clop along to where the guards were. He also didn't like to be referred to by his species. Yes he was a horse, but he had a name dammit!
    "Hey!" Flynn yelled, before lowering his voice. "Hey!" He twitched his head to see if anyone heard him, but they were thankfully to busy in the fun.
    Flynn slowly backed away from the light and into the shadows as Maximus trotted to the stand. The heat was about to be turned out, Flynn thought. He was so close. He had the plan and the crown, and up until he ran into the kids, it was all going so smoothly.

"Hey there Maximus!" a guard greeted over by the stand. "Y'know the captain's been looking for ya." Flyyn sighed. He was only after the apples.
    The horse nodded nonchalantly and put a small bag of coins onto the merchant's table before he swung over a bag of apples onto his back.
    "Hey wait a minute," Flynn thought from afar. He felt up along his chest and pockets. That was his munny bag! After the hard time he was given, he just got swiftly robbed by a horse. He looked up to see the happy horse eating already nodding at the merchant before pleasantly marching away. With a happy 'neigh,' he returned back to Flynn with a sarcastic grin as he chewed his apple.
    Flynn looked up at the horse with an unamused expression. Eyes listless and all. "Don't suppose you got any change," he asked.
    Maximus chewed a few more bites and spit out half an apple core onto his hand. The thief examined his palm, now filled with a chomped fruit and a half litre of horse saliva. "Well that's just lovely.
    Maximus chuckled before walking past him to see what Rapunzel was up to. Not of course, without a quick smack of his tail to Flynn's humiliated face.

While they were doing their own thing, the group had made up their minds to split up and familiarize themselves with the world's cultural surroundings. There were plenty of activities and merchants selling Corona's goods and treats. The most common thing around the festival were purple flags with a bright yellow sun in the center. The village was surrounded by banners, streamers and flags with that very symbol on them. Heck, it was even plastered as yellow frosting on the many delicious sweets that were being sold.

Whatever the event, the kingdom was in great joy in the celebration. But what for?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GROUP A

Base and Steel were kind enough to oblige to the Beast's wishes without much else to the explanation. Belle approached everyone as she carefully walked down the stairs in dressed attire. She had returned to her normal clothes without the ballgown, and added a purple hood for the harsh cold outside. "I'm... I'm ready now," she announced. She looked up to the Beast and hugged him. This once helpless girl had changed so much for him, and had tamed him back from his beastly ways. It almost made her cry to leave him like this.

Beast returned the glance, but he knew it was the right thing to do. He loved her. He would do anything to make sure she would get the life she deserved... even if he wasn't in it.
    "Here," he handed Belle the enchanted mirror that he revealed to the group earlier. "Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back, and remember me." His voiced was so soft and caring from his initial impression. Whenever he was near Belle, he would become humanized again.

Maybe that was the point of the spell. To give him sight of the true important things in life outside his wealth and selfishness. Some one he cared for so much, it would counter his own wants and needs. Belle seemed to fit that perfectly, making this tragic goodbye all the more harder to watch. Even his enchanted servants watched in sadness as their master let his love go. They began to talk amongst each other silently.

"She's going away?" Chip whispered to his mother.
    "But he was so close," Lumiere tucked his head in his candle hands in the most exaggerated fashion.
    "After all this time, he's finally learned to love" she added before softly nudging her son.
    "That's it, then!" Lumiere perked up. "That should break the spell!"
    "But it's not enough... She has to love him in return."
    " And now it's too late, it seems," Cogsworth sighed.

"Thank you for understanding how much he needs me," Belle added before releasing him from the hug. She touched her hand to his cheek for one final glimpse before rushing away to the entrance. Out of concern from her father and not making this harder than it had to be.

She reached the entrance and looked back to the rest of the keybladers. "I'm ready when you are," she softly stated.

~MISSION START!~

(OOC- BEAST's CASTLE GROUPS: During this time you will reunite with one another as Groups A and B will merge since one is headed towards the castle and one is leaving from it)

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel nodded to Belle from across the room, still leaning against the pillar. He stood straight once more, and started to walk to the door when he seemed to pause in remembrance. He turned around to look at the Beast. With an elegant movement of his hand to his breast, and a bow, he respectfully stated: "Sir." With that, he turned back to face the door and walked slowly over to Belle. He crossed his arms and rubbed his shoulders as if he were cold; and perhaps he was. His familiarity with the situation made him slightly uncomfortable. He could sense the groups' allies were coming, but he wasn't sure how that would bode for coming events.

13. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

It was quite sad to see the evening grow depressing. The two really seemed to have been getting along rather well; despite the fight they had at the east wing...which now that he thought about it wasn't too long ago. D'daear walked close to Steel, basically following his lead. "Alrighty, ma'm. Let's be on our way..." he managed to say, not helping to feel a bit of sympathy for the Beast that stood there. He was really rooting for them too. To have seen the curse broken, and to see the two find that special mutual love in one another would've made this visit; in his opinion, a successful one. A deep depressed sigh escaped him, not helping but to feel down-casted. He could only cling to hope that somehow, the two would be reunited sometime down the road; whether he was there to see it or not.

148 words
    Exp 7.4

(This IS a bodyguard mission, right?)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  14. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

He was surprised that the trip was going so well, Kross would have expected to run into monsters by now, but it looked like Vincent's way was safer. they weren't too far either. Words were exchanged between the steely Karina and the ever so curious Eon. He heard Karina's outburst, and looked at Eon."We shouldn't be long from the castle. We need to get there and warn the prince, and then back him up when he needs help, so let's stop this and figure out how we're going to take down Gaston. I'm pretty sure everyone in this general area hates him..and I can't be the only one that saw that darkness."He said, shivering at the last part. He couldn't deny that Gaston was a little off, and he was quite thankful they left in a hurry. They needed to reach the castle and they would possibly fight the mob, he hoped not but at this point.. He just wanted to complete this and go home.

15. Skyheart Joker

Stratos watched as Ana and Kel went off to make their own weapons as Stratos continued to just stand there thinking more on this fight. It was then that he remembered that he had something that was probably going to be pretty helpful in this fight that he hadn't mentioned yet. "Oh right, another thing that would probably be helpful in this fight would be a magic attack akin to throwing a sun at someone. Oddly enough it's not that hard of a spell to learn, so I wouldn't be surprised if you guys knew it as well. Unfortunately, the requirements of this spell seem to fluctuate in terms of power needed to generate it, not to mention it's said to detract from other skills you might know. But seeing as it is one of the most powerful things I've heard of, it'd probably be really helpful in this battle. So, do any of you actually know it?"

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

Unfortunately Kel didn't find what he was looking for in his search. However he did managed to find a stick big enough to be a staff and returned to the others with it. All he needed to do was to smooth out the edges, so he bent down to pick up a rock and got to work. Upon hearing Stratos's question, he took a second to think about it before answering. "I don't think so, then again I'm not quite up to date on most of the spells that I know."

17. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce looked over at Stratos as he talked about the equivelant of throwing a sun at someone. "Yeah, i know it. Pretty sure that falls under a category on its own. While you fight, your heart builds up power inside it. You can draw that power out in a lot of different forms, Generally the path you took will shape how the power manifests, but there are exceptions. Like, for example, the sun thing. That takes all the power your heart can muster to dish out, but there isn't much which can stand up to it. To be honest, i've never seen it. I'm curious as to what exactly it looks like. Maybe it's different for each person..." Beuce said, then began thinking to himself. While making a pondering face, he walked over toward Mim. "Oi! Quite NPCing and respond! Do you accept the rule?"

18. Mysty Unknown

Eon nodded towards Kross. He was right, but really, they had time to kill until they reached the castle. There couldn't have been too much harm in conversing with one another. Kross really could learn to lighten up a bit from time to time. Why so serious all the time? "Sigh, okay."

19. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina rolled her eyes at Kross as he was talking. He had somewhat of a point but their talking didn't hurt anything either. And how could they NOT see Gastons darkness. He reeked of it. Eon simply agreed with Kross, meanwhile Karina didn't say anything. She simply crossed her arms and kept walking ahead. She wore a scowl across her face that would not be welcoming to anyone that they may pass by.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Finishing her stick and looking at how pointy it was, Ananta felt proud of herself. "This is a great stick. I'm sure it'll get me out of some sticky situations!" she said, standing up and dusting herself off. She heard Beuce explain something to Stratos and perked up. "Oh, I know that one too. it really is powerful, but I can't imagine the strain it'd have on a person." she nodded. "Especially somebody who isn't that strong, like you Stratos. You're pretty new, so you're not that strong yet I'd imagine..." she said, tapping her chin. And then, Beuce approached Mim and accused her of being an NPC. "Now, now, Beuce. If somebody can't make up their mind, that doesn't automatically make them an NPC or whatever." she chuckled.