Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen listened as Kaida ranted about them discussing other worlds and their apparent lack of subtlety. Twice he opened his mouth, about to speak, and twice he realized that while it wasn't the best way to explain things to them, her words sort of made sense. Probably not in the way she had meant, but what was the point of worrying other people? 'oh yeah just so you know your world's going to be consumed by darkness and all your friends and family will probably die if we don't hurry. That cool? good' didn't strike Glen as a particularly nice way to speak to the people of the world. They knew nothing of where Glen and the rest of the party were from, probably knew nothing about the keyblade too, what was the point of causing them to worry?

At Kaida's mention of her home, the young keyslinger couldn't help but feel the slightest bit of sympathy for her. He knew the pain of longing for something, and he knew it all too well. How many nights had he spent staring up at the night, wishing he could change things, to get his father back? He had been the only one he had ever felt like he could trust, and then one day he had just vanished, taken from him by the heartless. The other kids and families gave no sympathy whatsoever for his 'missing' father, some even going so far as to laugh about the fact he was upset over it. Nobody he could trust there, nobody that particularly cared for him, only pain, regret, and the consistent longing feeling, he never wanted to return there.

"Yeah well, at least you have a home" Glen said quietly, loud enough the others would hear but only if they were paying attention. He continued walking, but felt that that was a very depressing statement to leave it at, which it probably was. "I spar a little, but I generally just do anything that comes to mind. Not exactly a hobby, but it beats just sitting there thinking "oh no the world's going to end, what will I say to my friends?" he said. A slight laugh followed that, one that almost sounded like snickering, before he returned to a depressive sort of mood. "Yeah, as if I have friends" the boy added, barely audible as he spoke.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida listened to Glen's comment about her home and she almost opened her mouth to reply to it but stopped to hear the rest of his comments. But by the end of his statement, she no longer remembered the comment she wanted to say about her world and instead had to make a comment about his quiet afterthought. "Hey." Kaida tripped over a rock behind her and she quickly caught her balance and she decided it would be best if she stopped walking backwards.

Kaida slowed down a bit and walked next to Glen and spoke, "You may not view them as friends, but you have to have somebody who is your friend." Kaida placed her hand up to her chin in thought as she walked and spoke, "Actually... I don't want to put false hope in ya. If you really don't think you have friends. Maybe you should try getting a couple. Friends are the family you choose. And you seem like a family man."

Kaida was quiet for a moment before she spoke, "I'm getting sappy I can't keep doing this. I'm not one that gets sappy."

3. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina could tell by the look on Eons face that he was slightly confused. Just the way she wanted it. If he didn't know what was going on there was nothing to tell others. Eon was far to young to understand the concept of having a crush apparently, it was almost cute, it reminded Karina of how young Eon actually was considering how mature he was for his age. Considering where he came from it didn't really come as a huge shock that he wasn't too familiar with that of all things. He didn't particularly come from the nicest place ever, definitely not one that he would find someone to have a crush on and find out what that was like.

A slight smirk crossed Karina's face as Eon spoke. It was a quick comeback, good. Eon was being almost as much of a smart@$$ as she could be. Perhaps that wasn't as much of a good thing. The Karina looked over at Kross. She could tell he wasn't impressed as he answered Gaston politely. Karina merely rolled her eyes. Rule, social expectations, things like that where never her fancy. She preferred to do things her way, plain and simple.

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel rushed to grab D'daear's fallen keyblade. He picked it up and threw it back to him, managing to defeat a gargoyle knight in the process. He turned around and went for another one, only to see Luna slice it in half. "When are we gonna be done with this?" he sighed. He waved it off, and just decided to avoid her for now; he'd figure out how to get her back to normal later. He performed a sliding dash through another knight. "Maybe I could eat he- No." He filed that thought away before sending more combos at his many opponents. He managed slice through one last Knight, then sent a fire spell towards a warrior, before following up with one last stroke. Four more down.

5. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base took his sights on two pairs of Knights. Handling his enemies in twain, Base noticed just how much everyone had each other's back in the fray. The Gargoyles were quickly disappearing. Still, what about what would happen when the supply of things to hit was depleted. Base felt like someone was still going to want to hit something after all this. Exactly what was the history between Krowley and this Aux and Hikaru? Questions cursed Base's inquisitive head as always.

6. Krowley Moderator

GROUP A

Hikaru lay on the ground, broken, cast aside, and compromised. Everything he worked towards just pushed him back into the floor. How does one recover from that? The painful realization that your best wasn't good enough. Back home when he was still in training, he only knew two ways. One. Take some time off to reflect on it and recuperate your thoughts. And two. Fight it out of your system...
    And with what Aux just summoned, he was given plenty of targets to choose from.

He opened his eyes from crying out the few tears he shed in time for a cure spell from Base to take effect on him. Using his keyblade, to elevate himself off the ground from his still shaken knees into an upright position. Everyone else was fighting against the statues while trying to see if he was alright. He couldn't think of an answer. All he saw were stone heartless slashing away at his allies. Allies who had stuck with him to get back his friend, and now they were fending them off as he recovered.

This whole time he concerned himself with the safety of other worlds, when they were assisting with the concern of himself. It was at that moment he remember what he spoke the day he first summoned his keyblade two years ago.

"My name is Hikaru... And so long as there's something worth protecting, I'll fight to protect it!"

In front of him lay 4 comrades worth protecting, and a whole bunch of heartless who weren't. Whipping back his keyblade, he was ready to cast.
    "Mine Square!" A field of mines surrounded Base.
    "Mine Square!" a field of mines surrounded Luna.
    "Mine Square!" a field of mines surrounded Steel.
    "Mine Square!" a field of mines surrounded D'daear.

Hopefully that MP he used up would be enough to do some damage.

GROUP B

Vincent began to walk away with Karina. He hadn't been shown such kindness in a very long time. But he still concealed a lot of his feelings in general. He tried to muster up a way to say thank you without overdoing it. "It is appreciated," he nodded, walking with them. There was still a lot he needed answers to, but they were not in the direction of the castle.

"Well that's the answer I get from a group where a woman leads," Gaston scoffed, expecting to hear the chuckles of his fellow men. When they did not, he sneered, which was more than enough motivation to get some forced giggling out of them. He was unamused by their co-operation and only wished to see the beast dead. Before it was just a laughable legend that only fools like Maurice spoke of, but he had the sudden urge to kill. And now with the word of his reliable men, he had the opportunity to go forth and seek out this mythical beast.

"And this beast is now made real. Look at all this damage!" Gaston pointed to the scorched trees and mangled ground. "No man could do that much damage. It's downright savage..."
    A dark hue emanated around Gaston, his horse's eyes glowing bright red and the anger in his voice growing louder.
    "The beast will make off with your children! He'll come after them in the night. We're not safe 'til his head is mounted on my wall!... I say we kill the beast!" He now had the mob's full support as all the men followed him in his journey to the castle. "To the castle!"

Vincent stopped and looked at the large following Gaston had assembled. "Shame to those still inside the the castle. That man doesn't seem like he can be reasoned with." His words that there were people still inside may have sparked the interest of these new people he had met.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aww, I'm flattered you think that's going to happen," Nequa said, feeling the side of her cheek. "But I promised Mim here that she would have the chance, so...."
    With her hands pulling them back, she pulled the bubbles containing Merlin and Mizu to her side. After which, a magic barrier appeared, to keep them from following. Instead of keygliding off, she took a merry skip as she dragged the bubbles alongside her.

Still in the bubble, Merlin shouted back. "Remember lads! Don't let her catch you off guard! A Wizard's duel ends once the other is destroyed!"
    "Oh shush you!" Mim yelled back. "Why would I destroy them when they look good enough to eat!" This part of the conversation was getting a little uncomfortable. "I can't even remember the last time I had a dog..." she said, grinning at Goofy.
    "Gawrsh, me neither!" Goofy thought aloud, unaware of what she mean by it.
    "Hehe, well arent you all a humorous treat! Merlin is too old fashioned and goes by the rules... Speaking of, it's time for the rules of our duel. I'll start. Hmmm..." Mim thought in her head as to what would best disadvantage her opponents. Looking at their keyblades, she smiled as she waved twiddled her fingers and waved her hands. "Rule number one! No swords of any kind! Hahaha!" With a cast of her hand. the keyblades dispersed from their hands. "I know all about swords, see. That's why little miss purple paid me a visit. And since I can't get rid of the keyblade as easily, I've temporarily disabled their use until the end of our duel!" She clapped and hopped at her own devilish deed. "Now it's your turn!" What's your rule?"

7. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna looked at the ground as she saw Mine Square surround her. She saw 4 knights and gargoyles surround her. Luna brought up her hand and opened and closed it at her enemies. The heartless rushed toward her and just like that, the enemies had blown up. She crouched down to avoid the explosion. As she stood up, she uncovered her head and any white strands of her hair faded into black.
    ~Inside Luna's heart~
    Luna and the monster were speaking. "Time to look at this chaos while I'm in control!" The demon closed her eyes and opened them as Luna's eyes.
    ~Outside her heart~
    She turned toward a gargoyle headed straight toward her. Within a second, the gargoyle was destroyed. She opened her eyes and a blood red color replaced her emerald green color.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  8. Mysty Unknown

Eon glared at Gaston for not stopping his tracks. If anything he wished that at least he'd wish to attack them for insulting him. If anything Eon had to do something. He jumped in front of Gaston and held his keyblade up. "You shall not pass!" Eon yelled, trying to defend the castle. Belle could not get hurt. He promised Maurice.

9. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce looked over at Ananta, she was crying and obviously upset...Then she asked someone to come over. "Stratos, can you take care of her? I'll cover you. I'll keep little miss bonfire waiting to happen over there busy while you help her." He said, then looked back over at Mim. "Rules huh? Yeah i got on for you. If you have any interaction with your broom, you and it touch at all or you magic it, you lose. We get disarmed, so do you. Got that?" Beuce said. He came off as stupid most of the time, but he may well have just secured their victory. He had a completely straight face, but in his head he was grinning like the Cheshire cat, and that thing smiled a lot. He made a taunting face. "I'm ready whenever you are."

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat looked ahead at Glen, Kaida and Etrius, still carrying a heavy load of Rapunzel's hair. After waiting for an opening, she gently let the golden locks fall to the ground and rushed over to the group. "Friends aren't worth it unless you can trust them." She threw her two cents into the conversation, speaking from experience. Prior to this whole affair with other worlds and Keyblades, she'd never really had any friends. "I'd love to go home once this is all over, but I don't think that'll happen. And as far as hobbies go, I never really had time for any. I guess cooking is something I like..." She didn't sound very sure of herself, and that's because she wasn't. Still, socializing might change that a bit.

11. Skyheart Joker

As they were getting ready to throwdown with Mim in a showdown of extreme magical proportions...and probably a lot of BS...there was definitely going to be a lot of bullshit here. As she declared that she was creating a rule for the Magical Duel...Stratos had no idea there was actually going to be rules to this at all. He thought it was just going to be a straight up magical nuke fest. But the condition here, granted by Mim, was that they couldn't use their keyblades at all...not like Stratos was actually strong enough to efficiently swing the thing around and hurt people that way, but it was still annoying. As Beuce was telling her his condition, he first told Stratos to go help Ana out. Stratos wasn't particularly fond of her right now, but oh well, he was probably going to be the least useful in this fight and getting the actual Mystic back into the magic fight was probably going to be priority number 1. "Yeah, I got this." Walking over to Ana, he bent down, and with a pretty blunt voice he said, "so, whatcha need me to do?"

12. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't say I'm easy to get along with. I annoy people a lot, unintentionally for the most part" he said simply. He continued walking, watching the wall as he did. Such a long tunneel, what was the purpose of it when it was being made? Was it some kind of transportation route, some kind of escape tunnel? Maybe it was simply a way for people to walk if they didn't want a scenic route. "What kinda things do you think this place was used for before us? I'm going to guess because it's from a place that thugs like to hang out at, it was an escape hatch or something" he said, trying to change the conversation topic. It made him feel a little awkward talking about his past, it was not something he liked to think about.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

In a blink of an eye not only did Nequa leave with Mizu and Merlin, not that he minded Nequa leaving, and their keyblades were stripped away from them. He could actually feel the confidence in his rebirth abilities leave him body like the wind. Sure he was strong, but strength meant very little against a witch, unless strength of fire counts. Now they were given a chance to choose a rule of their choice and Beuce was the one who stepped forward with it. Man was on point today. Still that left the issue with Ananta, which Stratos was elected to handle the issue and seeing as how they would need a mage for this, any way of speeding up the process would help. So he too went over to Ananta. "If it'll speed things up, I'll help out too." It wasn't like Mim would even care about what they were doing, she would be too busy losing her broom to their rule.

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta smiled as Stratos and Kel both came to help her. Although she was a little saddened that Beuce didn't come over to help, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that she's going to have to use her teammates for a moment. Grabbing a hand from each of them and making them hold hands, they made a big circle of hand holding. Ananta had stood up by now and she looked at them. "I just need to borrow your mana for a little bit. I'm doing something that my mother taught me to do if my crystal was ever in danger of breaking." she said, closing her eyes. In a language that cannot be properly translated to English, she spoke an incantation that caused her crystal to light up. It glowed blue as small streams of blue seeped from Stratos and Kel. Soon enough, it was all over and the crystal was back to being it's normal dark blue color. No scratches could be found on the crystal as Ananta smiled and hugged both of them, planting a smooch on their cheeks. "Thank you guys, you saved my life...." she said, smiling at them. "And...sorry for getting all emotional back there...I still haven't gotten over some things, but I'll have to deal with them in due time. Right now, I've gotta fight this wizard's duel." she said, walking beside Beuce. She looked at him and smirked. "That was a pretty good idea. Any other bright ideas?" she whispered.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina nodded at Vincents show of appreciation but grinded her teeth at Gastons comment. His condescending attitude towards woman was really getting on her nerves. She wanted to beat some sense into Gaston but had to hold herself back. But it seemed she wasn't the only one who wanted to do so. Eon stood guard with keyblade up. It seemed he was ready for a fight. If he was so was she. "Vincent are you going to help us or do you need to go?" Karina asked hoping it wasn't the second.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen continued walking, continued wondering about the origins of the tunnel, as he traversed the narrow tunnel. He could see a small trickle of light ahead, he was sure of it, and as he saw that his pace picked up. Sure that he was not dead, the potential exit was a very welcome sight indeed. The sooner he got out, the sooner he could move on from those dark and depressing things he had said, things that should he stay too long in there could be questioned.

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

As a small field of mines surrounded Steel, he ran toward a Gargoyle knight. Upon reaching his target, some of the mines exploded, launching his opponent into the air. He twirled his keyblade a couple of times, successfully slicing the statue into submission. He turned towards Krowley and gave a thumbs up. "Thanks man." He stated rather simply. Inside though, he was glad that the other wielder had gotten up. Now that all 5 of them were active, this fight would hopefully go much faster. Though, he wasn't sure what he was going to do about Luna. He decided to take down to more Knights with his last strategy utilizing the remaining mines. After defeating two more knights he found himself near Luna, and, at a loss of what to do, just said. "Hey can you like, wake up?" Every second he stood there he was prepared to dodge a blow from her, or an adversary. "I know you don't exactly like me, but the others will need you." Hoping that would be enough to do something, He leaped back into the fray and stabbed one more knight a few times, erasing one more of the sixty existences they needed to eliminate.

18. Krowley Moderator

GROUP B

Vincent contemplated the requested action. These three had gone out of their way to speak for him, o this was most likely the best chance he could repay them. In any other circumstance, he would have just walked away and let the castle denizens fend for themselves, but from the looks of things, they may just need a bit of help. "If you believe they need our assistance, I shall accompany you."

Vincent has joined the Party!

"However, this Gaston character doesn't seem to be in much of a listening mood. I overheard the man in the mask say he planned to use something called 'heartless' Unsure as to what those are, but the name implies it must be worse off then them,: he whispered to them, nodding at hiss mention of the mob.
    "You dare try to top Gadton and his band of men? If you aaren't with us, you're against us? Well, which is it?!" The dark tint around Gaston grew more noticable, surfacing the darkness that was not there at the tavern.
    "There is great darkness in that man," Vincent added. "Facing him now would only prolongue the help the castle currently needs. If we depart now, we can head them off. I believe I know a shortcut. If it's still there... It's been twenty years after all."

19. Mysty Unknown

Eon nodded at Vincent. "Glad to have you with us." Now they needed to stop Gaston. Vincent made a good point, their was some evil aura radiating off of him. The vibe he gave was of darkness. The fact that Vincent mentioned a masked man and heartless almost made Eon think that Gaston WAS a heartless.

"Karina, Kross, I think Gaston may have been possessed by a heartless or is a heartless. We cant let him get to the castle." He whispered back. The man with the mask, could it have been Aux? First he interfered in the Great Forest and now here.

"We're against you Gaston!" Eon yelled, standing his ground. "If you want to get to the castle, you'll have to get through us!" His keyblade was no longer in a defense position. He pointed it straight at Gaston, He'd kill him if it meant helping Maurice's daughter.

20. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce turned his head to look at Ananta. She was looking better. Her crystal which didn't resemble anything else in the slightest way was also fixed. If it hadn't been, he was going to whip out some duck tape and glue for it. She complimented his rule being a good idea. "You don't know the half of it." He said in a self-assured tone. He may well have secured their victory by a loophole in their rule.