Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"Thank You for the ride Cat." Steel said politely as he emerged from her shadow. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything, It was quite rude. I was lost in thought you see." He turned to the trio and Kuzco. "As for the matter of this Picasso of a personality being aided by the three caballeros, why not trust them? They've helped Eon before and would've helped me too If I ever thought to call. For free too. Then Again, I suppose it doesn't really matter what I convince you of, I'm going with them either way..." He shrugged. "For reasons I can't necessarily explain to you." He then Emphasized the word. "Can't." Preventing any possible "Or Won't" Arguments. So let's just all have a Fiesta and make up, Okay?

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

"Right. Of course we aren't friends. Everyone has to earn respect, don't they? Even if they're the most deserving person, they need to earn it. Of course, not that I'm very deserving of it. I am annoying. And even if I don't look like it, I try not to be." She nodded. "Alright, I'll show you. I'll simmer down, and you'll see I can be a... Decent fighter." She kept walking. "Wait, is this a truce? You know, since I don't have to completely shut up or avoid you?" She realized she'd been talking quite a bit, so maybe it was time to shut it. She clamped her jaw shut and kept waking, only listening to Karina.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina bit the inside of her lip wondering if she made the wrong choice telling Flora that she didn't have to go away completely. She was rambling a lot and it was getting on her nerves. "Everyone needs to earn trust. Respect is different. You can respect someone without trusting them or being friends with them. I respect master Yensid, doesn't mean we are friends." She said correcting the girl. She knew what Flora was trying to get and but still believed that the clarification was necessary.

She kept talking saying she was going to simmer down but so far she was doing a horrible job of it. She wouldn't stop talking. If she ever learned how to tone down then maybe they could get somewhere but right now she wasn't showing it too well. When Flora finally finished with the comment about the truce Karina turned to her. "Don't you ever stop to breath?" She asked before answering her real question, or well sort of answering it. "Sure, whatever, call it what you want." She personally didn't consider this a truce but she didn't know what to call it so she let Flora call it what she pleased. "Now lets focus on the more important matter at hand, Shan-Yu." She suggested wanting to get off the topic of friendship since it was one that made her rather uncomfortable.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Cat heard Steel thank her before turning around to see him come up out of her shadow. It startled her quite a bit, and when he apologized she tried her hardest to keep her cool. "Uh, that's fine. Just, er, warn me next time. Alright?" When he brought up his opinion on the matter of the feathered fighters, she couldn't help but speak up. "But that's just it, they aren't 'the three caballeros.' They're calling themselves bandits, so whoever these guys were to you before, that seems to be gone now. It's always easier to fall down than to climb back up again." She was firm on her opinion of these people: they weren't going to change, and even if they did, it wouldn't just be out of the goodness of their hearts. There was always a motive, an underlying incentive, and for both of the parties in front of her, that was entirely true.

5. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base sat on a stump and thought to himself. This Tulgey woods was such an increasingly strange place, and now there was yet another oddity to wrap his head around. He scratched his black-haired head and rubbed his smooth jawline vigorously. "I wonder... I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it... Still... I-" He tapped the trunk of a large tree near him once with his Keyblade. He laughed haplessly at his own siliness. "Serves me right. Who would ever think that this would work." And he tapped the tree again with the blade. "There's nothing to doing this at-" He was cut off when all of a sudden: a tiny portal opened up on the side of the tree to show a beautiful garden over on the other side. Base stared with amazement at all the bright greens, yellows, reds, and whites the took hold of his vision from the other side. "I do wonder..."

6. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

Clavis read over the letter one last time. He really wanted to help this, 'Yen Sid,' but he was beginning to have his doubts after reading through it a few times. Other worlds? Monsters? None of it made much sense, yet, he couldn't shake the feeling that he really was needed. He began to do as the letter instructed. He summoned his sword, his 'keyblade' as the letter calls it, and raised it high into the air. A beam of light shot out as a portal to the lanes between opened above him. Clavis was stunned for a moment, he couldn't really believe it worked. After he regained his focus, he threw his keyblade into the air, just as 'Yen Sid' instructed in his letter. To his surprise, it returned in the form of a vehicle. Clavis examined it, then cautiously climbed on. He pointed his glider towards the portal, then took off, faster than he thought was possible. The journey was a blur, but after emerging from the lanes between, Clavis lost control and hit the ground. Hard. He passed out for some time, only to be approached by someone upon his awakening. Is this Yen Sid? He thought. He was still dizzy from the crash, and had a hard time making out anything but a silhouette. Then the figure spoke, and introduced itself...

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

For most of the journey up the mountain Kel was being his usual quiet self, but this time was for different reasons. He still had the destroyed campsite on his mind and it was hard to remove it. They'd walked right into a trap set up, that if nothing else is what really irritated him. Just wait, I'll show you what happens when you really get on my bad side. It was a good thing that he was used to keeping his emotions hidden from everyone else, though there were some slight notifications of his anger. Like how tightly his fist were clenched together.

8. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross didn't mean to botch up this mission, things were simply out of his control. He didn't mean to compromise his team, but it seemed that retreat was inevitable. He saw the familiar blue/black portal open before him when he focused his keyblade. He hopped on his motorcycle-like rider and made a hasty beeline for it, all the way back home. He leaned forward and put some nitro into his rider, making it burst with a blue-white light. When he made the journey to the Lanes in between, he made his way home, to the Land of Departure. His journey was a blur, quick and erratic until he skidded through the familiar dark portal to the stars above and circled the lands like a hawk, until of course he came across a figure on the ground, looking like he had a rougher time than he did.

Oh no, he's hurt.. His maternal instincts kicked in and he zoomed towards the poor soul, his rider dematerializing as he landed elegantly to the ground, the haori on his waist swaying as he landed nimbly he went over immediately to the man's side and kneeled down next to him. Easy, you look like you've had a rough landing, can you stand?" He asked. His eyes widened a bit, that warmth..this light, was this male another keyblade user? He gasped gently and put a hand on his shoulder."You're a wielder! I should have known..well, welcome."He said with a bright smile."My name is Kross Connery, nice to meet you."He said, though he did wonder if the guy could stand up."It's all right, I'm a friend. What's your name sir?"He asked in a bright voice, it was hard to believe that he was an accomplished mage under Yen Sid's teaching. He did wonder though, what was this guy doing here? What was his purpose?

9. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

"My name is Kross Connery, nice to meet you." the figure said. Clavis was a little surprised. His voice sounded genuinely happy. Excited even. As his vision cleared, he could see that the man, Kross, was wearing a welcoming smile. "It's all right, I'm a friend. What's your name sir?" Kross asked, the happiness still ringing in his voice. Clavis stood, sore, but nothing seemed seriously wrong.

"My name is Clavis, but you can call me Clay." He extended his hand out in a firm handshake with his new friend. "I was summoned here. A man named Yen Sid sent me a letter saying that he needed help. He said he needed people like me. People with 'abilities' like mine." Clay reached out and summoned his keyblade. The whole situation was still strange and unfamiliar to him. "Is this what he meant? Are there more people with these 'keyblades?'" Clay willed away his keyblade, and began to wipe the dirt from his clothes as Kross responded.

10. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

The male introduced himself, even went so far as to stick his hand out to shake it. Kross smiled bright and took the man's hand, shaking it a couple of times, he wouldn't refuse an extension of friendship, no way no how. He let go and carefully assisted The man, now dubbed 'Clavis' to his feet."Nice to meet you, Clay. If you like, I can give you a few pointers on how to guide your rider. For now though, I guess now that introductions are out of the way, what are you doing here?" He asked, cocking his head to the side curiously. His question was answered when Clay said he was summoned here, by Yen Sid no doubt! This was shocking to him, but he also felt relief that they were finally gaining new allies against the growing darkness."Oh!"He exclaimed and put his hand to his chin, stroking it for a moment, he believed the man, he looked like he could be trustworthy."Master Yen Sid sent you here! In that case, I'm very glad you came."

He stood straight, it was a good thing he was so light on his feet, otherwise he would have ended up like Clay, bless the guy's heart, he looked lost."Hmm, The Master sent you here, to the Land of Departure, I do find that interesting.."He trailed off, seeing the spear of light before the keyblade appeared. He raised both brows."You heard right."He said and stepped back, holding his right hand out and a spear of light appeared in his hand, Twitterpad appeared in his hand, he brightly grinned."I have the same abilities as you, there are more of us but most of us are out on missions. I wish you could meet them, and you will! I promise."He assured as he willed his keyblade away with ease."You aren't alone in this. Master Yen Sid summoned you here, that means he has a special destiny for you. I wish you could meet him, he is extremely wise."

11. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

"You heard right." Kross said, and stepped back, as he summoned a keyblade of his own. As Kross began to explain that there were even more of them, questions began to run through Clay's mind. Where did they all come from? Were they all from separate worlds? Exactly how many were there? What did it mean that there were more? What did it mean to even be able to wield a keyblade in the first place? His thoughts raced as Kross told him that Master Yen Sid had summoned him here because he had a 'special destiny' for him, and that Yen Sid was 'extremely wise'. More questions began to arise. Exactly who was this 'Yen Sid'? What was it that he had planned? Clay decided to start with the most pressing and important question.

"This is all so foreign to me. I have so many questions. But, first, is there somewhere where I can get something to eat?" Clay rubbed the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed, but starving none-the-less. After the pain from the impact wore off, the pain of hunger soon followed. He wasn't sure how long he had been out, but it certainly felt like he hadn't eaten in days! "Maybe we can discuss this in more depth over lunch, if you don't mind" He said with a sheepish smile.

12. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross could understand that the man felt that this was foreign, when he was pulled from his home on Pepper Island, he knew this too well, he felt lost as well, but over time under Master Yen Sid's teaching, he had grown to get used to the wear of the Keyblade bearer. Over time, the title 'Keyblade Wielder' turned from confusion to..a sense of pride and honor. He felt butterflies the first time and that was still present when the light in his hand summoned his keyblade to his side, his trusty weapon, his defense against the darkness. Some wielders had a pure heart while others had darkness in their hearts, the keyblade was choosy with both sides. It was a man-made weapon of pure light, or a man's machination of pure darkness, either way, it chose the purest of both sides.

Clay's question drew his attention and he stroked his chin again, smiling big. Poor guy was hungry as anything, looking like he hadn't eaten in a while. He stood straight and nodded."Sure, we can eat something, I really don't mind answering any question you need answering."He said. He turned and began the trek up the stairs of the castle, pausing to glance back to him."Come on! The dinner hall is this way!"He called out to him and sprinted his way to the twin doors, putting his hands on the doors and used his upper body strength to push them open. A light shone out for a moment before the huge entrance hall became apparent, going inside.

13. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

Clavis was ecstatic at the thought of food. His mouth was watering already. "Come on!" He heard Kross shout, "The dinner hall is this way!" Clay excitedly chased after him, almost tripping on his way up the stairs. When Kross opened the large twin doors at the entrance of the castle, Clay could feel the warmth from inside. The Light, he thought, It's so warm. His home world of Dissident Valley was always dark and cold. Even during the day, there was always some sort of overcast preventing the light from truly coming through. Clay welcomed the warmth with outstretched arms. After a moment of embrace, he ran inside.

The castle was enormous! He was distracted from his hunger for a moment, thinking of how many rooms there must be, how much space there was, however, his stomach soon reminded him with a loud grumble. He grabbed his stomach and laughed. "Sorry." He said to Kross before running to catch up. He laughed with Kross as they walked. He really liked this guy. He welcomed me with such an open heart. No one back home would've done that. They were always to worried about themselves, making themselves stronger. Always leaving those who needed help to fend for themselves.... or die trying. Clay quickly tried to take his mind off of this. He wasn't there anymore, he was here. A new place, with new people. A fresh start. If what I've been told is true, then I can really help people. I'd choose that over home any day. Clay looked forward to meeting all of the keyblade wielders. If Kross was any indication of how the others were, then he really might enjoy this new journey. As the pair approached the door of the dinner hall, Clay asked his first question. "So, what exactly is a 'keyblade'?"

14. Krowley Moderator

Beuce leveled up! (13)
    Learned Aerial Sweep!​

Krowley steeped through the small opening the tree had made from Base's knocking. The wooden door opened to reveal a small garden surrounded by a lush display of roses on bushels, and a far green lawn, surrounded by a maze. Luckily, that was all further back, the real attraction could be seen up front. A trial was being held, and Alice was right in the middle of it! While Krowley was thankful that she was safe, all the standing cards surrounding her made him uneasy. Their tiny heads were placed on their card-like frame of a human sized playing card. They were all numbered 1-10 and had either a diamond or a heart on their chest. They seemed to be following the commands of a rather portly looking woman with spades and hearts along her red and black dress. She was accusing Alice, who was standing on a podium in the center of the garden court. Apparently they had missed a lot during their Tea Party...

The White Rabbit they had been following for hurried to his podium and blew a trumpet. "Court is now in session! Her Majesty, the Queen of Hearts, presiding!"
    the Queen of Hearts looked at Alice and humphed. "The girl is the culprit. There's no doubt about it. And the reason is...because I say so, that's why!"
    "That is so unfair!" Alice argued.
    "Well, have you anything to say in your defense?"
    "Of course! I've done absolutely nothing wrong! You may be queen, but I'm afraid that doesn't give you the right to be so...so mean!"
    "Silence! You dare defy me? Off with her head!"
    "No! No! Oh, please!"
    The Cheshire Cat was right about one thing... This woman did get her way. Behind him, he could hear cards whispering about a croquet match, humiliation, and some nonsense about wanting her heart. this was just a little gir,, and they wanted to cut her head off? Rules or not, no way this was going to stand.
    "Hey! Let her go!" Krowley objected
    "Who are you? she asked pointing her gavel."
    "Never you mind who I am. Who are you to accuse some one of such humiliating acts?!"
    Alice blushed as the Queen was actually embarrassed by her earlier. "But the croquet mallet did-"
    "And another thing! What kind of Queen commands execution without a jury! You're just a toddler with too much power!" Krowley was just letting it all out now. His frustration with this whole world had caught up with him.
    "Rrrrrrrgh... Silence! I'm the law here! Article 29: Anyone who defies the queen is guilty! Seize them at once!"
    "And not to mention.... Wait, what?" In his rage, he neglected to realize she had 52 cards at her disposal.
    From beneath Alice, a cage was formed, trapping her inside. But at least she was within eyeshot this way.
    Once again waving her gavel, 52 cards sprung up into action. And since the Queen didn't want copycats, Jacks, Queens and Kings were renamed as 11, 12, and 13. Talk about ego...

~MISSION START!~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steel leveled up! (16)
    The group had reached the palace, which seemed near empty. No guards, nothing but silence and a tumbleweed in the wind.
    "Hwere is everybohdy!!!" Donald quacked out.
    Panchito scratched his head under the sombrero he wore. "Senora Yzma no esta aqui, eh? This might be a little hard then. Senor llama? Anything to help?"
    "Her secret lab! We find that, we find the potion that will turn me back!" Kuzco began to scramble across the halls as fast as his four legs could take him. Examining each crook and nanny to find the where Yzma hid this secret lab.
    "Come on guys! Sooner we find it, sooner we pretend this never happened!"
    ~MISSION START~​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Glen leveled up!(14)
    The group had reached the mountain top, where Shan-Yu stood high above them. He rose from his kneeling position and grinned, calling his hawk to him. And along with the bird, a swarm of rapid thruster heartless that accompanied his army of huns. The enemies spread from corner to corner, being more than a match for just the six of them. Holding up his sword, he pointed to the party. "ATTACK!"
    Following his command, both man and heartless cascaded down the snowy mountain to destroy the foes their leader wanted eliminated. He was soon to follow as he ended up ahead of the pack, leading the charge.
    As they were less than 30 seconds away, Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po had arrive with some explosive back-up. Sadly, it was only the one fire cannon.
    "Stand back!" Yao instructed. "We'll handle this!" Yao placed the fire cannon on the snow and aimed it at Shan-Yu. Seeing how that wasn't going to help completely, Mulan pushes Yao out of the way
    "Sorry!" Ping grabbed the fire cannon and ran higher up the mountain. She aimed it at the peak above, knowing it could clear the mountain of enemies in one fell seeop. But she still needed something to light it. "Oh, a flint, flint, I need so---huh..." Looking at Mushu, she found what she was looking for. "Me, hey, whoa! Whoa! Wait a second! Ah!"
    Ping grabbed Mushu and stretched him, so his fire breath would light the cannon. He ended up on the head of the cannon as it explodes, and was shot off to the mountaintop. "You're going the wrong way!" He yelled as the cannon hit the mountain. Causing an immense avalanche, everyone began to make a run for it. The snow raced down the summit, plowing over the Heartless and Shan-Yu, heading straight for the party. Mulan ran to Shang, who had recovered from his injury in time to see the tsunami of snow. Ping grabbed him by the hand, and pulled him around the rock corner away from the pummeling snow. Everyone quickly made a run for it around the rock formation as the snow fell off the edge of the summit.
    Shang and Ping caught their breath as everyone on their side had made it back in one piece.

15. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

They crossed the entrance hall which led straight into the dining hall, the place adorned with blue and gold curtains, not unless the color scheme of the castle's exterior. The contrast of the blue against the pure white walls were stunning, however odd. But the dining room had a warmth to it, despite that. Kross liked the dining hall, it was always cheery looking, adorned with bright colors and light-related fetishes, it just seemed right. He turned, full front to Clay and invited him to take a seat, curiously going to the silver platter with the same dome on it."Usually there's a sort of magic that changes out food under here, it's how we get some fresh food."He said and opened it, revealing it to be a rather large breaded chicken salad. He smiled brightly and slid the platter to him.

He sat at the man's side, catching his first question, and many to come..but he would focus on this one first. His face contorted thoughtfully, then brightened a bit."It's a weapon, I don't knoe much about it, but from what Master Yen Sid had me study, it's an ancient man-made weapon that was engineered out of some kind of moon. But it's a legend, I don't know much else about the keyblade, other than it can channel my magic."He said, then fgured it out."Oh! Yes, what path did you choose when you dived? I chose Mystic" He asked, smiling at him.

16. Mysty Unknown

Eon and the group made it back to the palace at last. The journey was long and he was a little pooped out from all the walking and nagging the emperor did. As for the guards as well as Yzma... no one was around. Not one single person. A ghost palace per say. It was then Kuzco told them about a secret lab Yzma had. "Oh yes, lets go find that."

Some searching was done and Eon finally came across two misplaced levers. Why ever they were there was beyond him. "Hm, if I were Basil, how would I decode the location to their secret hideout." He looked closer at the levers. "There are two of them. But this time period shows no sign of technology to use said levers. Are they just for decoration? I guess I should just pull one and see what happens." Eon pulled the lever which opened up a trap door. He looked over to see Ananta was standing right above it. "Antanta! Quick!" he yelled.

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Unfortunately, Ananta's legs were right at the side of the trapdoor. She looked down just as her legs split. It was a magnificent split, but the look of anguish on her face did not make up for it. Clenching her teeth and scraping her face with her fingers in silent agony, she stayed that way until the trapdoor closed again. Once it closed, she fell backwards, straightening her legs once more. Suffice to say, she had a delayed reaction. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed, echoing throughout the palace. The others would probably never understand why this hurt as much as it did. Especially the men.

18. Mysty Unknown

Eon ran over to her after watching... that... eventful seen. He helped her back up "Ana are you okay? I should have never pulled that lever. The other one must be booby trapped too." He sighed. "At least your scream will get everyone over here so we can warn them about that lever." He stood up. "Here." He began to cast Cure onto her so she might feel some relief.

19. Clavis Merlin's Housekeeper

'Mystic' the word rang in Clay's head like a gong. Something about it seemed so familiar. Then he remembered. It come flooding into his mind. Clay remembered where he was when he was passed out. He was in a dream. He was told in his dream that he had been chosen to defend the light, but he first needed to awaken the power that slept within him. He had this dream several times before, but he was always woken up. But not this time. While he was out, he was allowed to dream uninterrupted. "The path I chose," he began, "was that of the warrior. I want to be strong, in body and in heart, so I can help people." but he also remembered that this power came at a cost, you had to sacrifice a path as well. "I sacrificed the path of the Mystic." He said, hoping not to offend his new friend. "Not because I think it's unimportant, but because I want to help people with my own strength." He explained hoping that Kross would understand. "What about you? What did you sacrifice?"

20. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Choosing paths was tricky, particularly when you had to sacrifice a path, it felt like sacrificing a bit of yourself for something more, this was why Kross chose the Mystic path, To be there when his friends needed him, to be able to help them even when he is too far for close combat, that was the life he wanted to lead. He admired Clay's resolve, to be strong in heart and body, to help his allies and other people, it was an admirable trait. He had to sacrifice mystic though, which made Kross wince a little inside, should he have asked? Of course! He didn't want Clay thinking that he was offended by that. He nodded, understanding his words. Clay valued strength, and who was Kross to tell him other wise? He understood, even if it stung a little. Now the question was reciprocated, he remembered his own dive, he remembered the rush of emotions he had felt and how in a trance he was, it had almost gotten him killed, but he managed to face the heartless and dispatch them. He breathed in."I..."He trailed off, looking towards his new friend."I sacrificed the path of the warrior. To be able to help my friends even when I am unable to be near them, that is the life I chose to lead."