Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I was waiting for someone to ask that question. ;D

Roxas is such a mystery at this point--and I know he seems to be quite knowledgeable about certain things.

Let's just say Roxas' memories are also 'incomplete' and that he may be just more than a Nobody. =OOOO

2. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    GAH! HISTORY LESSON!!!

...I think I had a brain fart half-way through >.< ...XD

Yet again, you out do us all with your great writing! ...and what this!? Kairi's Family Revealed!?!

Can't wait to read the rest man!

...I hope Sora gets Kingdom Key back...

3. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I have come to chapter three.
    So far it is REALLY good. You have good grammar and write in a good interesting way.
    I need time to read this n_n(something I don't have eough of u_u)
    Great job! keep it up Soush ;3

4. KissesOfKunai Merlin's Housekeeper

...mmh...

...ahh...

...hnn...

This is the BEST DANG FIC I HAVE READ IN THE HISTORY OF FANFICTION!

I have read a ton of stuff on Fanfiction.net and here too. But this... This tops EVERYTHING. Even some of my favorite books! You are one masterful author. :cool: (gives tiny bow)

*Waiting for next chapter*:D

5. TheOtherKeyblade Destiny Islands Resident

Damn you and your amazingness. (and I mean that in the nicest way possible :p) I think I just read the chapter five onward in one sitting. I think that attests to the fact that this was a simply wonderful read. It's so hard to find an intresting multi-chapter fanfic nowadays.

Sadly, your only reward for preoccuping my Stressed out ADD mind for the past two hours or so is that you get one MASSIVE comment. Sorry in advance. xD I am just paying you back for Chapter ten. Damn chapter ten. ;)

Just things that made me laugh/giggle/attempt to think as I read:

First, I suddenly had the strong urge to draw this scene. The mental image of Riku jumping on the bed was just too much for my tired mind. O.o I actually had a fit of giggles. Secondly, I am tickled pink at the idea of Riku being a Morning person, since he usually get's pinned as the nightowl. Personally I like this alot better.

Aw, poor Mickey. Why does our King's mind always fail him at the most important times. I.E- telling Sora Ansem wasn't really Ansem; remembering who Xehanort is... Poor Mickey. ;)

Ok, another thing that sent me into a fit of giggles. I really had this mental image of Sora falling over... actually the entire chair toppling over. This I might actually draw. xD

Cute. Simply adorable.

Poor girl. I agree with her. xD

Sora + Santa Claws = One really happy me. Ramble: I was so excited to actually beat that stupid level on chrismas. xD But more importantly-

You're actually my hero. Did you know that?

On a less spazztic note-

I simply love your Kairi. She is such a difficult character, because I find so many people dislike her. Which is really sad, because personally I think she's is a beautiful character. You really seemed to grasp the idea that she wants to be strong, but not for herself, but because she dosn't want to burden her friends, namely Sora. Additionally, You really opened up Sora's mind, and the reason every Soki fan is wondering 'Why hasn't it happened yet?' with his fear of his duty as a keyblade weilder hurting someone he cares very deeply about. It was wonderous to read. xD But quit knocking the poor girl out. Brain damage... that's all I have to say- Brain damage. ;)

Nemas is an intresting villain. I really don't have much more to say than that. Though that might just be my tired mind turning to mush. xD So it's not from a lack of intrest.

You also really had an artistic placement of Namine. She was very beautifully done almost as if she was lodged into Kairi's memories, which is tragicly fitting. on that note, Roxas held the same feeling. On that point, when Roxas showed up in chapter ten (Which about killed me by the way) the interpreation of him was wonderful. xD Just the fact that he is so stoicly amused while kicking butt, really made my day.

Gah. the Discription of the FMV blew me away. Literally, It was beautiful. Captivating in how well you discribed the scene. I am very very impressed, though that hasn't been unprecedented with this story. That was probably my favorit part yet.

Whoa now.... :stares at screen: now that's an intresting albiet depressing thought. O.o

So, now I'm at the end, and I'm kinda at a loss. O.o I have rambled so much but don't feel like I have really helped you at all. I think I was so overwhelmed by the sheer massiveness and such wonderful style of writing and Idea, I temporarily put aside my helpful nature. :\ I promise to be more useful in the furture.

Point of inquiry: Does Riku really have blue hair? I always thought it was silver. O.o

6. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XDD! Thanks so much, TheOtherKeyblade. Your post really made my night.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, at least the main aspects of the story. I'm also glad you like my Kairi--I'm trying to push her into the new protagonist position for the next few chapters. The truth was I wanted to do this earlier, but I keep going back to Sora (it's sort of annohying). So my dejected Sora in the present chapters is really helping me formulate Kairi's footsteps into the limelight. Hopefully you'll enjoy her even more in the future.

As for Riku's hair, you know, it's silver sometimes to me, blue other times. I really have no clue. Blue was just the colour that continually comes to mind. I know there's a tint of blue in there somewhere--and I've reserved silver-haired descriptions to Sephiroth in the past. XD But you're possibly right.

7. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

You know I am still at chapter 3 it's so long that I am having a hard time catching up XD; Oh well in other words it still means that it is great.

8. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Very interesting chapter, Soush, though I must admit I am not indeed the kind of person to read several paragraphs about a certain kingdom's history but in your case, I shall do so. I am wondering what Kairi's reaction will be...

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, I didn't particularly enjoy writing it, either. But in my case, I really would've liked to get a lot of that out of the way so I can more freely narrate the events that are to come.

Just a little update, since I know it's been quite a while since I've posted anything in this thread:

I've been really busy lately, coming back from Anime North didn't yet allow me to continue working on my fic the way I wanted to. I had some get togethers with some high school friends (as almost all of them go to different colleges/universities) as many of them have finished their summer classes or are about to start them, so we wanted to take advantage of that time.

As well, I'll shamefully admit that I grabbed the .hack//G.U. series and have been playing it the past few days (I'm almost done Volume 2, probably just one more scene/battle, I'm guessing).

And today is my grandmother's birthday, and being filipino, that means that everyone that is, or could be possibly related to my grandmother is going to be there--and they're all going to be here in a few hours, so today will be rather busy.

Hopefully *after* that, when things settle down I can get back to writing.

As for the story: Chapter 13 has already been started; I have a few pages written for it. Expect a 'new kind' of action scene to be seen. However, I've never written an action scene quite like this one before, so this will be my first time experimenting with how to go about narrating it.

Thanks again for all your support! It means a lot to me. =D

10. AkuseruVIII Banned

Whoo hoo! After about three hours of staggered reading and guitar playing I started and finished the story. Yeah I rocks! Almost as much as you, writer person whose name I can't spell or pronounce. I'm very interested in this story at this point as you can tell by the fact that I haven't gotten up for nearing three hours. Only, you overused the word acoustics. I think you used it at least 20 times in the first ten chapters. It's just one of those words I can't get into. Other than that no complaints.

11. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Yeah a lot of people were wondering.

I finish college this week so i'm gonna read the whole thing. I'll tell you what i think when i'm done. Might take me a while though it's a wee bit long but that's a good thing. :D

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

20 times in the first ten chapters? That's about 20 times out of 70,000+ words. ;D Not too bad I'd say. But thanks for the input.
    This is a fanfiction; this has nothing to do with the real KH3 (although the next one won't be called KH3).

13. Darktorith Merlin's Housekeeper

I finished chapter twelve and it was awsome! two questions though: 1. whens the next chapter coming out and 2. when is Sora going to tell kairi his feallings for her?

14. Soushirei 運命の欠片

1. I couldn't really tell you. I don't know when it'll be done, myself. I obviously plan to finish it, but I don't have a date for completion. Sorry about that.

2. Hmm... a very random guess: Chapter 15 or Chapter 16. Both characters have yet to have 'the discussion'.

15. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

lol.

Soush, the way you put it sounds like someone is going to talk with them about the 'birds and the bees' if you get what I mean.

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

At the age of 17. LOL. Talk about sheltered.

Yeah, awkward phrasing on my part--but I really don't know how to say it without really spoiling anything. Basically there's something we've all already seen from the past two games that Sora and Kairi have yet to discuss regarding the two of them. I'm also confident it'll become obvious if everyone thinks about it. XD

17. Darktorith Merlin's Housekeeper

Well anyways what ever happened to Sora's parents? are they even alive? if so why hasnt he tried to find them?

18. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Probably the same reason they're not emphasized in the game. This question could apply to the games as well. Why aren't Sora's parents shown at the end of KH1? Or even shown at all in any KH game? What did Sora's parents think of his one year absence? Or why does Sora never seem to care or think about his parents?

I'm simply following suit of the focus Nomura has already started: the parents don't play a huge role, nor are they an important element in Sora's Story. The only reason why parents seem to be one of the most common questions among the KH fanbase is because Sora is only a teenager, only 15 at the end of KH2. If Sora was a grown person like Leon (Squall), not many people would ask about his parents--at least not out of the blue.

Meh, but I should answer your question anyway.

Of course I haven't thought this out, but on the spot I'd say:

- Sora's parents live on the mainland along with everyone else's parents.
    - They're alive
    - Sora most likely was living with them on the mainland, visiting Destiny Islands on occasion with Riku and Kairi to reflect on the past and have fun. Thus, he never has to look for his parents.

19. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

hehe i can just imagine sora coming back after everything for a day...

"Hey, mom and dad! oh me? i just came back from saving the world, no big deal. i gotta go. and incase your wondering, your the worst parents in the world for forgetting me for a year. bye!"

that went well lol

20. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XDDD.

Well, for the record. Sora's parents won't be making an appearance in this fic. I probably won't even mention them. Call it a plot-hole if you like, but I just don't think they're important--or relevant--to Sora's Story, or the plot of Kingdom Hearts in general, not just my fic. So my apologies to any readers here who wanted to see any parent-action. XD I'm just not cut out for it, I guess.