Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix Codes

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Explode, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, and I mean, it isn't the best damn thing I've ever seen. It sure would be nice to have, but 164+ lines? Bro, you should go out and cure cancer instead.

2. Jin うごかないで

You do know how complex C++ is? right? I mean I'm no expert myself (though I'm trying to learn it so I have the best chance at becoming a lead programmer for game dev when i'm older) out of most games C++ so I respect all the coders and the people who help with this section of the forum, especially since this section is how I joined the forum. I know you're sort of joking about with these statements but man it can be a bit disrespectful to say something like that I mean think about the people who programmed KH from scratch, they had to go through possibly endless amounts of trial and error just to be able to get Sora's animation's right.

3. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

I don't really know what you're getting at. I have no disrespect. I like what they're doing and admire that it's a challenge, but it's not like I'm going to sit here and kiss the floor these guys walk on if that's what you want. Just because something takes a lot of work doesn't mean the outcome means all that much. Like it takes a hell of a lot of work to carve out an entire mountain, but why should the majority of people care? This does means something to me, but it will never mean enough to me to where I have to give credit to people every time I use it. Doesn't ever mean I'm not thankful. I don't thank the people who invented bottled water, but boy does that save my life. I appreciate them, but...it's just I think that as a creator of anything, it shouldn't be your objective to hover over your creation and get angry when someone doesn't give credit. It's different when they benefit from it by calling it their own, which Majik is claiming, but it's not like they get money out of it. It's not like anyone believes the anonymous 12 year old who claims he made a code where you could use Roxas's Keyblades. Even if it's at a sophisticated scale, anyone can do research. The only thing the person gains from this is a little popularity and clearly when he can't deliver demands, he's instantly discredited.

We're just here to enhance the KH experience and when no one shares the awesome codes because they're scared of not getting credited, we can't do that. Once again, Majik can do what he wants. It's not like we're hurt. But...the reasoning is what caught me. That's all.

4. xaddgx Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think I'll get overly involved with this conversation that is clearly one-sided, but there are many flaws with these sentences.

Number 1: For people learning how to manipulate code for their future, Kingdom Hearts can be seen as a queen to move around a chess board. You can go almost anywhere with the game at this point, but it's not always for the same reasons. Some people are here to enhance THEIR capabilities, not just the game's.

Number 2: If you have to rely on people sharing the codes to do anything with the game, you are not defined as a hacker. You are a consumer.

Number 3: Believe me, some people get very hurt around these parts. This site is an ever-growing source of wanna-be hackers who think they are instantly better than most because they can beg for a code to be released, add one or two pointless lines of infinite HP or whatever, and instantly call it their own. Compare some "Custom Form" codes sometime if you do not believe me. This attributes to two groups of people getting hurt: the real hacker who made the code what it is, and if the hacker does not release it, the angsty teenagers are the ones getting hurt.

Number 4: Majik's, and any other hackers reasoning, should be none of anyone's concern. Every hacker on this site, whether wanna-be or real, is their own person. They are not obligated to do what someone wants whenever they want. Hell, nobody is even obligated to upload all the tutorials lingering around Youtube. It's an act of courtesy that too many people take for granted.

Number 5: Imagine yourself sitting at a computer for weeks trying to enter a bunch of variable, symbols, etc. into a computer for hours on end, every day of those weeks. Now, imagine someone discrediting you simply because you didn't want to redo the whole process for another ISO.

Number 6: Proceed to realize how one-sided this conversation is.

5. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

*sigh*

1. Fair enough. I understand that much. It's been a cool way for me to be introduced into hexidecimal, I can say for myself.

2. Okay? Your point?

3. "who think they are instantly better than most because they can beg for a code to be released" This makes no sense to me. People are that dumb to think they're great because they "beg for a code"? If you're just taking a stab at me, when did I ever say I was great? Anyways, so if I use the most basic line of code in the game such as 11CE0B68, I'm not a real hacker...that's what you're getting at? If so, I agree. I have no idea how someone figured out that it's the replacement for Sora. I most likely never will. Just because I use it doesn't make me a hacker. I didn't "hack" it. Same goes for anyone. My confusion is why anyone would be offended by it if someone says they are? They're just misinterpreting the word and are thinking too highly of themselves. It doesn't really matter at all. No need to be heartbroken. Just keep doing what you're doing.

4. Well, I never said he should. In fact I said the opposite about twice now. I criticized his reasoning and went off on a bit of a tangent. I didn't attack him for not giving it out...or, I did call him a bum. It doesn't mean I think he has to. Bum on, I guess.

5. I don't think discrediting is the issue. The only thing I see happening is not crediting. Because if you just copy and paste a code and call it your own, you're just an idiot and we should laugh at you. I've never seen it happen, though I imagine every so often some doltish kid does it and no one cares. If someone just uses your code or perhaps builds upon your code without immediately thinking to "give credit", it doesn't mean anything. No one's trying to steal your material or thinks that they're better than you. Again, we're just building upon a better KH experience. No one should take it personally. I mean, I'm thankful to everyone who has come this far, but I'm not gonna take my time to figure out who did what within the codes I use.

6. Okay.

6. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

Alright guys lets get back on topic of codes.

7. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Here's something I'm working on. A bit more complicated than it might look, I might make a trainer or something so it's not a 100,000,000,000 line code. lol

Edit: After reading the previous conversation, I hope this isn't seen as plagiarism, with me just adding a tiny something of my own, for the record this particular modification isn't using any part of Narutosuperkubii's stuff, it's just meant to be an "addon" so to speak.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  8. Jin うごかないで

This sorta caught my attention now, I'm just curious since you've tried this uh, do either of them do damage since last I remember giving sora The way to the dawn stops him from doing damage because it's becomes a dummy. Though last I messed with weapon mods was when I was still using codes on the PS2 with AR max.

Also is there anything people would reccomend to recording PCSX2? I'm already familiar with the PCSX2 recorder itself but that records video and audio but puts them into seperate formats and forces you to sync it up which is kind of a pain.

9. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

It does deal damage. I didn't replace the keyblades themselves, just the raw 3D data and the textures not the whole mdlx.

10. Spankyjnco Moogle Assistant

Hey guys, Playing through NTSC-J version of Final mix (English patch of course) and noticed an issue with the cutscenes once you get past the first instance of the Twilight Town. It's creating a ghosting effect on people, and the background becomes blurry, kind of like an FoV effect.

The guys over at PCSX2 forums are looking into it, but This site has years of development and such on Kingdom Hearts, so I have searched and searched and haven't found anything about this being looked into or fixed. Maybe I missed it.

Here is a link to the thread that shows it in more detail, and I attached a couple of pictures showing what it looks like here. Any ideas guys?

As you can see on the picture the wizard, It is not on EVERY shot, just the ones with a background kinda in the distance.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-King...hosting-during-cutscenes?pid=387388#pid387388

aft.jpg a1.png a3.jpg fZNSCkA.jpg

11. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

That's just an effect that KH2 does. Fake DOF. It's removable though.

12. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

wish i knew how to remove it

13. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I might be thinking of KH1, I know I was able to remove it in that game, if you give me a couple of savestates before some cutscenes where it happens I can check really quick.

14. Spankyjnco Moogle Assistant

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/44125976/file.html

Ok so Save State 4 Doesn't have the issue (It's a cutscene with it not active), and Save State 8 Does.

15. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

guys this isnt help on PCSX2 lets try and stay on topic for KH2FM Codes !

16. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

actually it is we are trying to get rid of the fake dof in kh2fm witch also be used on the standard ps2

17. Spankyjnco Moogle Assistant

Yeah, it's a code, that you would use to get rid of the blur effect in the backrground using PCSX2[DOUBLEPOST=1405790300][/DOUBLEPOST]The big thing with this Kingdom hearts 2 FoV issue, is that it can be disabled with Skipdraw, which mean's there is a code you can use to disable it as well. Sadly it's not until around Skipdraw 48 ish, that it actually disables the effect, so a lot of other things are turned off at that point as well.

It just seems when the camera goes out far enough it creates a blur effect (probably something to do with the rendering power of the PS2) which looks fine in the raw native resolution.. but if you upscale it at all, any model near you with a far off backdrop will then have a ghosting/blur effect.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  18. MrXaldinX Moogle Assistant

is there a way to isolate and use a specific part of a limit? for example (and the one im trying to do) is there a way to make it so i can use the "XIII blades" portion of riku's limit when i want to? just setting it as a reaction command or shortcut doesnt do it, and i cant find a UCM model for the blades so i cant set them as my weapon

19. xaddgx Twilight Town Denizen

This is actually a very valid question and definitely possible. I've been trying to look into animations for party member limits, but they don't seem to be located with the rest of the party member animations. Annoying stuff.

20. MrXaldinX Moogle Assistant

huh, weird. thanks for the reply though[DOUBLEPOST=1406276655][/DOUBLEPOST]i was watching your tutorial on moveset modding (thank you for that vid btw, ive been looking for a way to make my own codes for a while but google proved unhelpful since i didnt know the names of the programs i needed) and i was wondering, you said you needed to be on the map you were going to do the animation mods on before you do the filedump, does that mean they will only work on that map? like if i wanted to do it on a different map then would something in the code need to be changed in order to comply with the new map?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014