Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

i will pm you my info. not posting here where the public can see.

2. Masamune3210 Moogle Assistant

Is there any way someone could help with the translation, I have a lot of free time and would love to help if I could. I'm also very technically minded, and mess around with emulation and the programming behind games all the time

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  3. Hellbringer616 Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't mind tracking down bugs, but i don't have the technical skills in the modding process to fix any of them sadly.. If there is anything i can do the help the project let me know as well.

4. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

sora6645
    i want to know something ... is the English patch is completed ?:D

5. Darc_Wolf Moogle Assistant

Playing through it now, it does appear to be mostly complete. You may want a guide just in case. Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion don't have any text, just garbled up messes of the font, and some other things appear to be off. (Such as description for some moves containing strings of text from others).

It also tends to crash a fair bit. But it's complete enough to play at least. Hopefully it gets the same treatment that KH2FM did soon.

6. Masamune3210 Moogle Assistant

If you are asking if the patch is done in terms of completion, all of the game is translated except for the Tresure Chest text strings and 2 worlds(Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion)

7. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

8. Masamune3210 Moogle Assistant

Was unaware of the other copy of the patch,just downloaded it. From the looks of it, its a slight regression from the patch here in terms of some small things like text placement, but the patch on the other website has traverse town translated. It seems at some point sora6645 may have split off of the rest of the group and got the rest of the game translated. Other than the small issues the other patch seems to be more complete than the one here

9. Fireon Moogle Assistant

Hi guys, do you know how to edit KH1FM text in ARD with Crazycatz00 Text Editor?

All I can do with his program is edit btltbl.bin and some other files. When I'm trying to open ARD files, I usually got error:

"Parse function failed! Uncaught exception: argument 1 accesses an index that is out of range; Probably an invalid file!"

I'm working on translation KH1FM to my native language. I already know how to edit a font, texts, graphics, title screen etc. I translated some of the dialogs using Hex Edit program, but I got one problem. When the translated text is longer than original one, I have to use a pointers, sadly I don't know how to do it.

Please help me!

10. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

that must mean he worked on it himself :D anyway since his patch is better i will play with it

11. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I acually did. I redid the patch. it still have some issues that i cant seem to fix at all. but i am trying.[DOUBLEPOST=1444434645][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Fireon. Whats your Native language? if you want. I can give you my contact info in a PM. I dont want to be spamed. Its my skype info.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  12. Toon Link Moogle Assistant

ok thanks sora6645 for the patch ... hope you fix all issues

13. kfdz277 Moogle Assistant

Is this patch dead? I reeeaaalllly hope someone can get the text from 1.5 and plug it in ala CrazyCatz00 did to KH2FM. I definitely would, but I have zero understanding of coding.

14. Fireon Moogle Assistant

Thank you Sora6645, I will send you a PM.

I'm translating KH1:FM to Polish language.

15. Hellbringer616 Merlin's Housekeeper

What are some of the issues? And are they game breaking?

16. MasterSora21595 Moogle Assistant

im about a year to late on this but are the bugs experienced in hollow bastion, atlantica & halloweentown present when playing a burnt iso on a modded ps2?

17. Darc_Wolf Moogle Assistant

If you don't mind me asking, have you fixed the Gigas Shadows not spawning, the "Getting stuck at the Final Door after talking to Kairi" and the End of the World bugs?

Currently with the patch I'm using from this thread, Gigas Shadows do not spawn. If I go to the Bizarre Room in Wonderland, the room just stays completely empty, with a keyhole graphic replacing the doorknob model.
    Also after talking to Kairi in Hallow Bastion, there's supposed to be a new cutscene with Riku, however with this patch, the scene does not load and merely places Sora at what is assumed to be the same location, unable to escape.
    And finally for bugs I've noticed, after getting to The End of the World and fighting in the first fight, it seems that the collision data for the walls does not unload, leaving one unable to continue.

Glad to know that the version there is slightly more updated though. It'd be nice to be able to read the text in Hallow Bastion and Traverse Town again.

18. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

i havent been really working on kh1 latley. i been hanging out with friends and having personally issues atm. I might be moving soon and when i do have the time i been working on KH2FM more.

19. Darc_Wolf Moogle Assistant

2FM has a patch that's essentially 100%. Your 1FM is basically done, just with some off item descriptions in the shop, which isn't that bad. Your patch also doesn't seem to have the bugs I listed, and also has the widescreen hack. Thanks.

Either way, I completely understand. Issues are issues, and I hope you work through them.

20. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Thanks.